Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle age wiki update

Lothorewyn, the Corrupted

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Loth..._the_Corrupted

- Added the chart at the beginning. Filled with all the useful info (life of each part, resistances, etc)
    - Deleted all duplicated info.
    - Rewrote an explanation for what I called "the minion system", for monsters that spawn minions whille being attacked without the proper elemental resistance.
    - Updated all the thresholds for epics and legendary. This monster could use more data for the thresholds to be accurate.
    - Corrected the amount of life in the "Sige weapons" part. It read 850.000.000 but if you add the life of the parts one by one you reach 1.000.000.000.
    - Put Lore section inside a tab.
    - Added the "Item Archives" section; the wiki entered in maintenance and I couldn't write the info about "Set 4". I'll do it later.
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-02-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Valhalla, Air Elemental

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Valh..._Air_Elemental

- Updated the damage threshold in the chart. Data since the introduction of the Catalyst is quite low; numbers won't be accurate until more people add their results to the spreadsheet.
    - Put Lore into a collapsible tab.
    - Corrected some grammar issues.
    - Font, style, etc. adjustment.
    - Introduced the "Item Archives" section.
    - Deleted all other duplicated or no longer accurate info (old threshold, old legendary distribution, references to Festival, etc.)

Ragnarok, the Ice Elemental

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Ragn..._Ice_Elemental

- Completed the chart with updated numbers from the spreadsheet.
    - Added the "text string" so you can copy&paste damage thresholds easely on the monster chat.
    - Put Lore section into a collapsible tab.
    - Added the "Alchemy", "Item Archives" and "Achievements" sections.
    - Deleted non updated and/or duplicated info.

Bahamut, the Volcanic Dragon

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Baha...olcanic_Dragon

- Added chart at the beginning with most recent and complete info on thresholds, gold medal, life, etc.
    - Added "Achievements", "Item Archives" and "Alchemy" sections.
    - Put "Lore" into a collapsible tab.
    - Gave a short and clear explanation* for Volcanic gem drops. Also gave an explanation* to monster clases and 2-bar monsters, as many players may face this one as their first monster with a party health bar.
    - Deleted duplicated and or irrelevant info.

*I hope new players will find this revamped page way more useful than the old one with that loooong inaccurate explanation for the combat system and gem drops.
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-07-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Now that some people have offered themselves to lend a hand and/or revise the edits, I will change they way I update/revamp:
    - From now on I'll put all my updates/revamps into a collapsible tab at the bottom of the old page, give word of it in this thread (directly to each of you who offered help) so people can compare and share their opinion/insights. After a week or so, once read all the feedback and changed accordingly to it, the edit will take the place of the old info.
    - I have also decided to start from the earlier monsters; after all, if the idea is to encourage new players to stay with us, that is the starting point.

- Regarding the content of the monster page, I plan to stick to the "2 area" system:
    A) Basic info: with a chart that summarizes all the important info the game doesn't display itself (monster life, gold medal damage, monster drop thresholds) along with monster resistances, divine, etc.
    - A template with room for rares would be very handy for monsters like Vargulis, Samael, etc. I ask again for help here.
    B) Additional info: with all the info you could get yourself just navigating through the game, some tips on playing and more info not on the section above. This shouldn't have duplicated info for the good of clarity.
    - For the "Item archives" and "Alchemy" sections we still need a pattern: Small images of each item/ingredient? No images, just text description -like Ragnarok-? Big images -like Phantom-? A chart -like Aurora-?
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-09-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    Now that some people have offered themselves to lend a hand and/or revise the edits, I will change they way I update/revamp:
    - From now on I'll put all my updates/revamps into a collapsible tab at the bottom of the old page, give word of it in this thread (directly to each of you who offered help) so people can compare and share their opinion/insights. After a week or so, once read all the feedback and changed accordingly to it, the edit will take the place of the old info.
    - I have also decided to start from the earlier monsters; after all, if the idea is to encourage new players to stay with us, that is the starting point.

- Regarding the content of the monster page, I plan to stick to the "2 area" system:
    A) Basic info: with a chart that summarizes all the important info the game doesn't display itself (monster life, gold medal damage, monster drop thresholds) along with monster resistances, divine, etc.
    - A template with room for rares would be very handy for monsters like Vargulis, Samael, etc. I ask again for help here.
    B) Additional info: with all the info you could get yourself just navigating through the game, some tips on playing and more info not on the section above. This shouldn't have duplicated info for the good of clarity.
    - For the "Item archives" and "Alchemy" sections we still need a pattern: Small images of each item/ingredient? No images, just text description -like Ragnarok-? Big images -like Phantom-? A chart -like Aurora-?
    I did pierce page and generals mostly

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    For the "Item archives" and "Alchemy" sections we still need a pattern: Small images of each item/ingredient? No images, just text description
    If you could just add the missing items, and their set bonuses you'd make a few select of us happy I've been trying to watch some of the higher level people post there completed sets, but it's not happening like it use too.
    I'd like to know, as might a few others, how much boost I am missing.

It's nice to have someone revamping it again.

fwiw. 15 elemental resistance is enough to stop any minion being summoned, as long as its the right kind etc etc etc

and i still think its useful to have a short sentence explaining what resistance is needed next to each minion. The box, is helpful, but looking for information in several different places is confusing and not user friendly.
    More information is sometimes bad, but i think in this case, its heplful
    Last edited by barrie; 11-15-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie View Post
    fwiw. 15 elemental resistance is enough to stop any minion being summoned, as long as its the right kind etc etc etc

and i still think its useful to have a short sentence explaining what resistance is needed next to each minion. The box, is helpful, but looking for information in several different places is confusing and not user friendly.
    More information is sometimes bad, but i think in this case, its heplful
    Then it is 20 for sure. If nobody edited it yet, I will do it now.
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-22-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsem View Post
    If you could just add the missing items, and their set bonuses you'd make a few select of us happy I've been trying to watch some of the higher level people post there completed sets, but it's not happening like it use too.
    I'd like to know, as might a few others, how much boost I am missing.

It's nice to have someone revamping it again.
    I will start again the next days. In the meantime, do not forget someone gathered most useful info about Item Archives here:
    http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Item_Archives
    I might probably follow the pattern of just plain text + links and leave the images for now.