Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Proposed Elemental Combat Change V2

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    It was a made up curve they showed. But my understanding is that the bonus just keeps getting better, there isn't any plateauing. At least not one anyone has admitted to finding yet.
    I do remember Myrddin saying that the more the better. So you could very well be right.

However, there is also a catch. since you don't know what kind of piercing your opponent may be using you may still be better off diversifying at least a little bit. To guard against your opponent getting too high a bonus from the elements you aren't blocking.

Of course whether that would effectively be better... who knows anymore since they changed it up.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    I do remember Myrddin saying that the more the better. So you could very well be right.

However, there is also a catch. since you don't know what kind of piercing your opponent may be using you may still be better off diversifying at least a little bit. To guard against your opponent getting too high a bonus from the elements you aren't blocking.

Of course whether that would effectively be better... who knows anymore since they changed it up.
    I personally agree that a basket of all the various combo of the elemental pierce is a very powerful tool
    like maybe 20 of each for lower levels to maybe 1500 of each for the forum veterans like Retribution, assuming that all legendary gems are slotted and 2-3 slot items are used.
    Last edited by baoyutaohuagong; 02-15-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    I personally agree that a basket of all the various combo of the elemental pierce is a very powerful tool
    like maybe 20 of each for lower levels to maybe 1500 of each for the forum veterans like Retribution, assuming that all legendary gems are slotted and 2-3 slot items are used.
    1500 of each element? Not sure if you know but Legendary gems don't come with that much extra than epics, probably about 50 or so more, there is no way to get 1500 of each element.

Blog Entries

It was a made up curve they showed. But my understanding is that the bonus just keeps getting better, there isn't any plateauing. At least not one anyone has admitted to finding yet.
    No the curve they gave plateaued... and that was asked and answered several times.. I have the curve provided and the approximation to it and all the rules provided in wiki with one good data point agreeing and another I just got but haven't checked

Though technically the plateau is never reached to yes the bonus just keeps getting better...
    Last edited by retribution@gmail; 02-16-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TvR View Post
    1500 of each element? Not sure if you know but Legendary gems don't come with that much extra than epics, probably about 50 or so more, there is no way to get 1500 of each element.
    I've got 350 in 2 you can do 1200 in one perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post

True, if you knew which element your opponent was maximizing on you could more efficiently setup your own build. But that's part of the game is you just don't know, and it's different from one opponent to the next. Just no way to play for everyone. Best just to setup your build to account for a majority of the player population and not worry about specific people, unless you really need to.

Quote Originally Posted by retribution@gmail View Post
    No the curve they gave plateaued... and that was asked and answered several times.. I have the curve provided and the approximation to it and all the rules provided in wiki with one good data point agreeing and another I just got but haven't checked

Though technically the plateau is never reached to yes the bonus just keeps getting better...
    Willing to bet that plateau is at a value that isn't possible to achieve with today's gems/equipment. Maybe eventually we'll get there, but just about everyone doesn't need to worry about it quite yet.
    Last edited by Mursilis; 02-16-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -JFK

Blog Entries

Willing to bet that plateau is at a value that isn't possible to achieve with today's gems/equipment. Maybe eventually we'll get there, but just about everyone doesn't need to worry about it quite yet.

Yes that's true .. and it's supposed to be 2...