Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 527

Thread: Proposed Elemental Combat Change V2

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kentucky USA
    Posts
    2,350
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SotS View Post
    Then how much penalty is there for having multi elements or even the opposing elements and pysicals. I played around a lot with my Physicals and elements during arena and really felt it benefited me to have as less resistance when piercing as possible and the other way around?

    If all element crackulate in the same pot then 80% +80% + 80% +80% = dick-squat. unless you is lowbe like my self and need as much as you can get to get some where in the 800+ combined range
    Look at the curve.. it's a huge bonus to have a big number.... better than having a mix.. 200-200-200-200 will Lise dramatically to 800-0-0-0 in elemental
    Last edited by retribution@gmail; 12-19-2016 at 01:38 AM.

  2. #512

    Default

    Still trying to work out the kinks in this system.

    Which of these samples would you say is the better one.

    A.

    980 Physical Resistance
    310 Fire Resistance
    138 Earth Resistance
    0 Water Resistance
    100 Wind Resistance
    B.

    980 Physical Resistance
    454 Fire Resistance
    0 Earth Resistance
    0 Water Resistance
    100 Wind Resistance
    So in sample A, lets say I swap out a Epic Earth Protection gem for another Fire Protection Gem, increasing my fire protection even further, creating the set up in B.

    Would B, make that setup stronger for the player than setup A?

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Castle Age Legends
    Posts
    11,101

    Default

    I would go with example B due to having one element (Fire) so much higher. Spreading out the pierce/resistance through all four elements is less effective than boosting one. Granted I have no math to back that up, since no one really understands the math behind this anymore, but that's the general direction we've been given with the new pierce/resistance configuration.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

    "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -JFK

  4. #514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    I would go with example B due to having one element (Fire) so much higher. Spreading out the pierce/resistance through all four elements is less effective than boosting one. Granted I have no math to back that up, since no one really understands the math behind this anymore, but that's the general direction we've been given with the new pierce/resistance configuration.
    Thanks, I was going with that theory as well, I guess it is going to be trial and error.

  5. #515

    Default

    Since the elements are now functioning on a curve, could that not mean that option A is best?

    Depending on the curve used option B might not offer as large a boost as option A would?

    (You had to love those times when the old devs made "improvements". >_> )
    Last edited by Lord Reaper; 02-15-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kentucky USA
    Posts
    2,350
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    I would go with example B due to having one element (Fire) so much higher. Spreading out the pierce/resistance through all four elements is less effective than boosting one. Granted I have no math to back that up, since no one really understands the math behind this anymore, but that's the general direction we've been given with the new pierce/resistance configuration.
    B is absolutelt better

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Castle Age Legends
    Posts
    11,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    Since the elements are now functioning on a curve, could that not mean that option A is best?

    Depending on the curve used option B might not offer as large a boost as option A would?

    (You had to love those times when the old devs made "improvements". >_> )
    The higher up the curve the greater the bonus. So in option B with Fire resist so high, that would be higher up the curve and therefore offering a larger defensive bonus then Fire and Earth combined in option A.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

    "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -JFK

  8. #518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    The higher up the curve the greater the bonus. So in option B with Fire resist so high, that would be higher up the curve and therefore offering a larger defensive bonus then Fire and Earth combined in option A.
    Sure, but depending on the kind of curve the bonus may not actually be as much.

    Essentially this thing can do two things.

    It can start out giving small bonuses and then give larger bonuses as the curve rounds out.

    It can also start out giving large bonus and then go to giving smaller bonuses after the curve starts rounding out.

    I quite honestly don't remember what kind of curve they used.

    What I -do- know about the curve is that they should -never- have implemented it as it tries to fix a problem that they never should have created (overpowered chaos gems).
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

  9. #519

    Default

    During Arena, I lost to a friend who is 1400 levels below me and I asked them, what the hell they did to get so tough, I jokingly asked if he had become a dev but he just said he had been lucky with getting several epic protection gems of the same Element, he was using 4 epic gems of Earth Protection so had close to nearly 600 Earth Resistance. So his concentration on one element seems to have paid off.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Castle Age Legends
    Posts
    11,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    Sure, but depending on the kind of curve the bonus may not actually be as much.

    Essentially this thing can do two things.

    It can start out giving small bonuses and then give larger bonuses as the curve rounds out.

    It can also start out giving large bonus and then go to giving smaller bonuses after the curve starts rounding out.

    I quite honestly don't remember what kind of curve they used.

    What I -do- know about the curve is that they should -never- have implemented it as it tries to fix a problem that they never should have created (overpowered chaos gems).
    It was a made up curve they showed. But my understanding is that the bonus just keeps getting better, there isn't any plateauing. At least not one anyone has admitted to finding yet.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

    "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -JFK

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •