Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey OWLS!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakushin View Post
    It's beyond broken. Just alliance every general with your strongest ones.
    I keep seeing people saying this, but I find zero evidence that alliances make any difference to Invade. General-level and stat does not either.

I have a three-star Serra Silverlight, who does not appear in my Invade results at all (I have more than 101 generals, so the lowest get cut off and are not used). I allied her with my highest-level generals, which put her into my second rank on the general-select list. She still doesn't appear on my Invade list, at all.

Same my level 1 Petrus (45/25) appears fairly high on my Invasion list of generals, but my level 32 Sano (90/90) does not (appear at all).

Where is this information about alliances making any difference to Invade coming from? Unless it's only triggered in defense?
    Last edited by Kerowyn; 05-24-2016 at 04:36 PM.

I don't have any numbers, or math equations that some of you love. I just know that someone who used to bounce on invade, suddenly stopped bouncing when they allied all of their generals to two most power generals(level wise) in their collection.
    Last edited by Yakushin; 05-25-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Padaxan View Post
    You know ETA's are a fool hearty exercise. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Your wall build may block some of us but you didn't post when you got stunned by other squishy like me.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post

Where is this information about alliances making any difference to Invade coming from? Unless it's only triggered in defense?
    Invade is fubar. From your observations I should conclude alliance stats make no diff at all. It stands to reason if the devs didn't fix 501 high king crowns being WORSE than 1 high king crown in invasion, they wouldn't have adjusted the formula for alliance stats either. Devs judgement is pure crap! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by The Jailhouse Rock View Post
    Invade is fubar. From your observations I should conclude alliance stats make no diff at all. It stands to reason if the devs didn't fix 501 high king crowns being WORSE than 1 high king crown in invasion, they wouldn't have adjusted the formula for alliance stats either. Devs judgement is pure crap! lol!
    Actually, since you brought this back up...I'd forgotten what thread this was in or I'd have responded to it again before now.

I think he may be right about it, actually. The way it seems to work is that for what generals make your list, and the order of it, base stats only are being taken into account. But - whoever makes the list by base-stat, then it does seem to be taking allied stats into consideration for the actual comparison with opponent.

So, Sano/Serra don't make my list with good leveled-stats or allied-stats, but when a level 500-something bounced me while I was doing Invade kills for Campaign - allied generals is basically the only way I could see they could have. Gear, no contest (between us). General's gear also no contest. Units, no contest. Base/leveled general stats, no contest (only because it would be tough to still be 'only' a L500-ish while having gathered that many red/green crystals). All that would really leave is them having all their generals allied, while I didn't.

Could also still be some bug like you mentioned, there still are some (for example I also still sometimes bring in more than one of a given general's equipment, not always the same one). But, allied stats could also matter. I suppose I could do more experimentation and find proof for it, but not that bothered TBH. Going through and allying and then un-allying that many generals for testing purposes isn't a quick process.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
    Going through and allying and then un-allying that many generals for testing purposes isn't a quick process.
    No. If I were Dokkoko I might demand you do so and report only factual information here so that the devs could confirm. If I were BATW I might posit stochastic calculus to model the randomness of invasion results, quite idiotically, as if fancy words means argument weight. If I were Wimsta I'd accuse you of cheating to find out if invasion is indeed fubar. But I'm not any of those. I don't really need to know if alliance stats are used, because if I invade a couple times (such as in Dominion) and lose I don't invade again, or idiotically try to calculate or theorize my invasion strength. just hit the button.

bragging is so boring. not having a link to your keep tells me all I need to know

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by clintw View Post
    bragging is so boring. not having a link to your keep tells me all I need to know
    what is a keep? who do i invite here to the forums to get this link you speak about? i know many people wouldn't make an appearance here UNLESS THEY WERE INVITED.

Quote Originally Posted by clintw View Post
    And where is yours my friend

Blog Entries

I allied all my generals with other generals but as far as the low level ones go I allied them with similar abilities. Didn't help them from an overall stat perspective but at the time I didn't really want to. I was a bit OCD about having them all allied but wanted the useless ones at the bottom of my list anyway. I don't like to invade anyway so you won't see me helping with any testing on that. But I'm more interested in whether some people still have un-allied generals in their Keep.

Boot Me Gently
    ! Chain Me Daily! Add Me Nicely! Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow the Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.