Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maximum Divine Favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash2019 View Post
    So general Bogo with his high DF addition makes Defense an important skill. So considering Bogo's ability will you say Defense is more important in Guild battles than attack. As there is no General who gives a buff to enrage?
    Alloken the Fallen gives a buff to Enrage.

Chromus warbanner (top 2 tiers) gives a buff as well.

So general Bogo with his high DF addition makes Defense an important skill. So considering Bogo's ability will you say Defense is more important in Guild battles than attack. As there is no General who gives a buff to enrage?
    Defenz has been nerfed so many times...

There is no "favor" general but there is an epic "chest" general. Minor detail.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

So general Bogo with his high DF addition makes Defense an important skill. So considering Bogo's ability will you say Defense is more important in Guild battles than attack.
    For the most part, the game is balanced in 100v & Classic. Itís really about dmg and health, e.g. dmg per token vs heals per token. So activity is important (and why we have alts and miniís & password sharing accounts). MK throws a ďmonkeyĒ wrench because it allows battlers to get more tokens then the set amount (just like the wall in 100v). Before MK and token refunding on Wall, the max tokens in a battle were fixed so the math was easier to solve.

In summary, if you can break someone you get in more dmg per hit and if you bounce someone, you take in less dmg per hit. If you canít zero out towers than Defense wins. So whether itís better to focus on Atk or Def depends on the player. If you do the math, there is a function: Y = f(x) that can explain the marginal battler that decides the guild battle, e.g. the attacker that locks the gate or the defender that prevents locking of the gate.

You should focus on attack if you are better at building Atk than Def. For example, I am better at getting more defense than attack because I am more efficient at building my Def Rune than my Atk Rune and you want to focus on Runes BECAUSE there is NO limit on how big your runes can get. In contrast, there is a hard cap or limit on IAís & gears that boost Atk or Def.

After you exhaust essence from conquest path, you can only get Atk essence from hitting mobs. You can get Def essence from mobs and excavations. So if you have more stamina than energy, then you have the ability to build big Atk runes. If you have more energy than stamina, then you have ability to build big Def runes.

If you play the game for a long time, you will find your toon is predisposed toward Atk or Def based on how you allocate your SPís, your daily prayers, and runes. IAís and gears may play a role now but due to them being limited, will not be as important as runes in the long run. So use that predisposition to be either Atk oriented so you can lock gates or Def oriented to prevents gates being locked.

Hereís an example, I have a +784 Health Rune and with Mischa, I average 1,150 health per major heal which makes it hard for guilds to snipe our land in LoM, which is a form of guild battle. So what I am saying is this 1,150 heal per token is IMPRESSIVE when the attacking guild is only doing 800 dmg per token but this same 1,150 heal per token is meaningless if the attacking guild can hit for 6,000 dmg per token like Asker when he is sniping our land.

In a nutshell: focus on Atk if your are more efficient at building Atk rune than your average opponent battler; focus on Def if you are more efficient at building Def rune than your average opponent battler. Itís about you being the marginal attacker that locks a gate or marginal defender that prevents a gate being locked that decides guild battles ON AVERAGE.

Trust me, this works because I Enrage to unbreakable to win a lot of battles in Colo; I wrote about my desire to be the last guy standing in Colo. I understand dmg per token vs heal per token very well and Colo gives a lot of tokens.