Thread: Guild Name Change

Default Guild Name Change

Has anyone ever considered the option to add a name change feature for guilds? Like the 10FP required for a toon name change?

Think about it? How many times have you seen botched guild names "Arch Angles" or "Dread Wolfs"?
    And what about mergers? Maybe some guilds would want to fuse names "Knights of Fury" merges with "Dark Phantoms" and now you have "Dark Fury" or something, you get my drift...
    Perhaps a GM leaves the guild and the new GM wants to reshape the guild image and name...?
    Maybe your 15yr old self doesn't like the guild name "Pokemon Masters" anymore....
    Maybe you had drunk fingers when you tried making your guild name...

I'm just saying, there are a ton of legit reasons to want to change a guild name and an extra source of income is never a bad deal for the devs.
    What do you guys think?
    Devs, could this be a possibility?
    A cheeseburger is better than nothing.
    Nothing is better than Eternal Happiness.
    Therefore, eating a cheeseburger is better than eternal happiness

Army Code: FFF8AA

No, the devs told me it would be too much work the way things were originally coded/built to change things up now.
    ................................................................................

my balogna has a first name, it's.....

Blog Entries

Kind of like how I feel its "too much work" for me to reach over and grab the remote so I ask my wife to toss it over to me

Boot Me Gently
    ! Chain Me Daily! Add Me Nicely! Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow the Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.

And evidently, it can be done, via a request submitted to the Devs now. See that CLUB is now FIGHT CLUB.

5. Default

Of course it can be done. A name change is literally changing one column value in a data record that is uniquely identified by the guild ID.

It quite literally was really easy to do. The devs just didn't want to implement it.

Most likely because.... *drum roll* "It's working as intended" the devs most favorite excuse since "we did not steal graphics from other games!" >_>
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

a guild name change should cost 10 fp x 100 (max member of the guild).....

well, it better to make new guild....it was easy to do.. :3
    CA KEEP
    Quote Originally Posted by Death of Rats View Post
    Sukra rarely makes sense. He's the Chef Brian of the forum.