Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a wall

Default Diary of a wall

This diary will chronicle my experiences as a wall. 5+ years monster hunting, about 10 months of PvP, and now I'm a wall.

This diary can help people understand other build types, but is not strategy or a guide, but just general discussion of wall builds and my experience as one.

Day 1:

Being a wall is not so much different. But I've noticed changes.

Some women are hard to please, one said I'd need my defense to triple my attack before she'd consider me a wall. Why won't people accept my new identity?

I don't think I want to see the movie Wall-E. I've heard it misrepresents walls.

I've been warned that sooner or later I'm going to accidentally click on attack instead of defense and go into a serious depression. I will complain "it wasn't my fault, the game froze, that wasn't what I clicked..." but people will only laugh and point.

Wall on wall action is kind of ugly, but bounces are a little tastier than I remembered.

I'm seeing that I'm slower; It was hard to drop all ten tokens in 100 v100 and I didn't finish--only dropped 5--in the guild battle and "walls tend to be slow like that."

The hardest part, so far, is accepting that I'll have to start using Katherine. I'll have to get more of her, promote her, level her past 6... I guess I can farm more defensive essence than damage essence now, but really!?! I have to do something BATW brags about!?! Oh well...

Hopefully day two of being a wall is easier, and hopefully I get a few more bounces.

[I've been working on it for a while:
    12/10/14 ---------- 1/20/15 ------- 2/10/15 ----- 3/30/15

5000 (+2536) 5000 (+2854) 5001 (+3024) 5001 (+3272)
    Attack

2787 (+1045) 3587 (+1169) 4263 (+1344) 4817 (+842)
    Defense

yesterday, I finally became a wall*
    Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 5.37.44 PM.jpg

I have more raw defense than raw attack, and plan to continue adding to defense, etc....]

*I realize that many people will say, it is not a wall build until _________ (insert formula)
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

weirdo ....
    I am a part of you, little mortal...
    spank me

spank me on web3

It is not a wall build until I can no longer pierce you

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

A poll. We need a poll.

Almost 800 health?!
    You, my friend, is a health sponge.
    lololololz. jk.

Gratz on being a wall.
    We are now at the halfway point of our disjointed epic. If you are just arriving, you have missed little.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    Wall on wall action is kind of ugly, but bounces are a little tastier than I remembered.
    You will not be a wall until you perfect the 7 year old giggle when for bounces, and yes wall on wall is right up there with wearing a sumo costume and doing belly bounces =.=
    Chimæra

So what exactly constitutes a wall? My defense is a little more than double my attack, raw stats wise.

Nice stats by the way Wimsta. I'll get there one day with my level 467.

Quote Originally Posted by Padaxan View Post
    You know ETA's are a fool hearty exercise. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    It is not a wall build until I can no longer pierce you
    By my calculation it will take at least 2 months before that happens
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    You will not be a wall until you perfect the 7 year old giggle when for bounces, and yes wall on wall is right up there with wearing a sumo costume and doing belly bounces =.=
    I think the moment is much more refined.

I'm not trying to espouse pretentious tasting notes like connoisseur might, but I find you don't get to enjoy bounce often. Once you start to bounce someone they will still play along, but once they cannot break you, they give up.

I do not giggle when those who've enjoyed chaining me stop, I do sometimes giggle when they whine.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

In case you need some inspiration (please see attached photo where Kath has 2K in defense stats).

What I stated was it took me 6 months to get Kath from level 1 to level 70; I did not spend a lot of money (iOS player); and I was in a lvl 12 crap guild having a really hard time getting hero crystals. Recall I joined CA in Jan 2014.

Given Da Wimsta is in WB and have bragged about owning multiple lands each day, I have full confidence Da Wimsta will break my six-month record.

image.jpg