Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thoughts on New General Combinations

1. Default

So what would be a decent dmg, for example on a Vargulis using 20 stam assuming party health is full and both bonus bars are not triggered or any other bigmonster. No crits. I would just like to compare with the majority of us who use Barbie, Dolo, Sahar, Maalvus etc. combinations of Gens. Please also advise what level the gens used and how many promotions. Thanks appreciate it if one can share their info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestamongsttheworst View Post
    Inquiring minds would like to see the proof [that critical bonus generals are better than mAtk generals].

It doesn't have too be a complicated proof, but saying it (or repeating it) doesn't make it true.
    In doing some basic math calculations I've found that critical bonus scales linearly wrt bonus damage done, and of course mAtk bonus damage scales downward logarithmically. The initial reaction might be, linear is better than logarithmic once you get past the breakpoint on a monster. This is NOT the case, because of the volume of mAtk bonus. In other words +3000 mAtk might very well result in a higher damage bonus on a monster than, say, +10% crit bonus. +3000 mAtk is gotten from a level 80 or so mAtk general, though and +10% crit bonus is something like a level 20-25 Dolomar, and for the head of the alliance crit may very well be better than mAtk for equivalent experience/potions and hero crystal you put into the head of your alliance. It's not a proof, per se, just an observation and rough estimate. Bonus damage depends on a monster's breakpoint, and how far past the breakpoint your mAtk bonus puts you, and also the volume of your crit bonus. The reason that BATW is correct in this case is, you're going to have some mix of mAtk and crit in your monster hunter alliance, rather than exclusive mAtk or exclusive crit alliance. Duplicating a general's ability in an alliance results in a huge diminishing return, so say in a Dolomar-Kang-Kaiser alliance your Kang crit bonus as the second general in the alliance is 25% and your Kaiser crit bonus is 10% of what it could be. It's the same for a Sahar-Sorkan-Zarevok alliance, the Sorkan mAtk bonus is 25% and the Zarevok mAtk bonus is 10% of what it could be. A Zarevok-Kaiser or Kaiser-Zarevok alliance would in all cases be better than the exclusive crit or mAtk alliance, since each general in the alliance gets 100% of their ability. The question can then become whether the third general in the alliance should be crit or mAtk, and the answer is neither, it should be Primary ability, duplicate of primary ability, and second ability as your third general, to maximize the primary ability. Should it be crit or mAtk? That really depends on which set of 2 generals is higher level, or what volume of bonus you get with a set of 2 generals, and whether something like 3750 mAtk bonus gives you more bonus damage than 24% crit bonus.

3. Default

I have a quick question if anyone knowledgeable is still around.

Preface:
    lv489
    Energy: 1352
    Stamina: 1020
    Atk: 423 (+778)
    Def: 202 (+171)

Equipment:
    Atk: 635
    Def: 550
    +255 Physical pierce +40 Pysical resistant
    +48 Fire pierce
    +75 Earth pierce
    +135 Water pierce -30 Water resistant
    +56 Wind pierce

Rune:
    +155atk, 0def

Current MH alliance: lv39 6* Dolomar + lv13 5* Barbarus + lv21/34 1* Straticus, 531/379 atk/def, 18.04% crit chance, 6.8% MH, 8% crit dmg, 38 fire pierce

available generals usable in MH alliance: lv34 2* Zarevok (+1010 MA), lv4 2* Emeria Jade(?), lv4 1* Monkey King, lv1 1* Alloken the Fallen (?)

2 hero crystals, 90 blue, 201 green, 264 red, around 20 for each type of potions
    Still working at the conquest items, only at around 28k Hunter points and 34k conqorer points

Budget: as low as possible

Questions:
    1. Is it worth it to go for more promotion on Straticus, or is it better to try and get 3* Malekus now?
    2. Is it still better for me to use Zarevok instead of Straticus for now? I am looking to get the best items ASAP, although im still working on my divine items.
    3. How high should i get my Energy, Stamina, Atk and Def to ideally?
    4. I am looking into guild battles as well as pvp. Currently have all purchasable generals with guild coins. Is there any "must own" generals in any situation and class type? For PVP i do not need to be the best, but just to get a general idea of what i need for it.
    5. Is it worth it to spend conquest tokens in LoE since im trying to farm conqurer points?

Thanks in advance to all the help (hopefully) I am gonna get.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cmechkiller
    Questions:
    1. Is it worth it to go for more promotion on Straticus, or is it better to try and get 3* Malekus now?
    2. Is it still better for me to use Zarevok instead of Straticus for now? I am looking to get the best items ASAP, although im still working on my divine items.
    3. How high should i get my Energy, Stamina, Atk and Def to ideally?
    4. I am looking into guild battles as well as pvp. Currently have all purchasable generals with guild coins. Is there any "must own" generals in any situation and class type? For PVP i do not need to be the best, but just to get a general idea of what i need for it.
    5. Is it worth it to spend conquest tokens in LoE since im trying to farm conqurer points?
    i'm not math ninja, but i'll try.
    1.) Getting Straticus or Malekus is about the same 1/4 of 5% chance each, but you already have 1 Straticus. Malekus gives better att-def stats but Straticus increases crit damage. In the long term, you plan on getting either to level 80 or your master to level 80 and that's a ton of colored crystals. I would say go for Malekus because his chest gives item archives bonuses, but note that you need 4 copies to be better than an oracle aggressive general like Remiel. In the long run. In the short run, aim to get Straticus to level 54 and keep him as a placeholder in your mh alliance, because his stats are good and he has a monster hunter ability.
    2.) I would buy Sahar or Sorkan instead of Zarevok. Aggressive generals are better for monster hunting. Your attack stat is below 500 so you need 1 mAtk general in your alliance.
    3.) Keep adding energy until you finish quests and keep adding Stamina because it's useful. cap your attack, defense, and health for a pure powerlevel build designed to get the best gear asap. you're going to powerlevel to spend a lot of stamina hunting monsters for loot, so you need to average 10 skill points into ene/stam per level up. quests will help you, and conquest path skill points will also help.
    4.) You're going to try to get the best item archive you can to add to your attack and defense. You're going to be weak at pvp if you choose to be a powerleveller, but cleric is a good class as well as warrior. Talk to your guild to see what role in guild battles works best for the team. The other strategies open up if you're willing to refill when monster hunting, and are free to add skillpoints to attack and/or defense without capping them. It would be interesting to see you go for piercing and resistance this early on, while powerlevelling but piercing and resistance are just multipliers for your base stats. You need to monster hunt for piercing and resistance items, so expect to refill stam a lot if you at the same time add skillpoints to attack and defense. A powerleveller relies on item archives with capped attack and defense stats, but will always be weak at pvp. Weak means beating up lower level opponents and losing to opponents of the same level. That being said, you will have a huge damage rune and a huge health rune from all the monster hunting so you will be useful in your guild as a warrior. Attilius, Joan, and Meekah, Oberon are must haves.
    5.) Yes. You will need a lot of blue crystals to level up your generals.

Low Budget probably means spending on promos only, or $20 per month. Use the chest rolls to build your item archives, add the skillpoints to energy, the extra guild coins for skill points purchases, other stuff to help your build. Do campaigns but skip the monster hunting because you're looking to efficiently spend your stamina to get loot. You can alchemize shards for useful chaos gems slowly, until you have met your early monster hunting goals. Use the favor points in promos wisely, because you will need 12 copies of a general to get it to five stars and that's 360 fp.

Do all the game achievements early for skill points and favor points. Then do all the quests early. At the same time spend your conquest tokens and earn path rewards. At the same time earn as many guild coins as you can. Bear in mind that that stuff will keep you busy for a couple of years but relative to other builds you will be progressing very rapidly.

Have fun.

1) Depends on how you define worth....if you are looking at optimal.....then there are 2 types of optimal....levelling and damage.....for damage I would suggest Barb+dolo+strat.....since you have a higher level dolo there is greater synergy with strat even if it is one star....your x3 crits will be extremely powerful...
    For levelling Barb+dolo+monkey king.....nothing feels better than redeeming a 150 stam hit. you will definitely level faster, and it will help you redeem energy for quests.
    2)Your attack stat does matter intially but later on it becomes useless....get your attack (attack + archive + runes) to over 2000.....then you can switch to straticus....use zare for now.

3) Depends on your build....if you are a power leveller than hella high 5 (stamina and energy):0 (attack and defense).....if monster hitter 4:1, monster pvp hybrid 3:2, if pvp hybrid 2:3 and so on....look at what you want to do and adjust.

4) try sticking with 3 generals take them to a respectable level before you move to PVP generals....your objective is to stay alive....get katherine and elemental resist generals and alliance them with some that give you health.....also when moving to pvp.....health is the most important stat.....yes more than defense......I may be level 1000 but I cannot kill a level 500 who has over 1500 health...etc.

5) blue crystals are good for monkey king and zarevok...etc

feel free to ask any questions there are a lot of people with knowledge about this game willing to help new comers/dormant players

"Low budget" doesn't get along with "chest general", in my opinion. If you want to save money I would rather stick to monthly generals and maybe Monkey King.
    I say this because with chests, no matter how many you open, you are not guaranteed what you need/want.

May goal, in the long run (if this doesn't change a lot) is Dolomar+Barbarus+Monkey King.