Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intimidate

Default Intimidate

Drop token removal from Intimidate. The only thing this will cause is strife between players.

Also, for two tokens, and such a low chance of success, it should still give rogues the extra 100 damage on all attacks.

Buff removal is strong ability to have. Especially when the buff removed might have cost several tokens to build up.
    Not sure if worth two tokens, but at least it's way bigger ability than Poison or Wound or Backstab.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

No, keep the Remove Token aspect of it. It brings some much needed fun to everything!

4. Default

If it costs 2 tokens, then when a rogue removes a token they should get +1 token. Kind of like stealing a token. Unless the % of actually removing a token is 50% or higher, then we don't need to do the +1. However, if the chance to steal a token is ~10% then I would like to see the rogue gain a token.

Quote Originally Posted by advoe View Post
    If it costs 2 tokens, then when a rogue removes a token they should get +1 token. Kind of like stealing a token. Unless the % of actually removing a token is 50% or higher, then we don't need to do the +1. However, if the chance to steal a token is ~10% then I would like to see the rogue gain a token.
    I like this idea. I mean, they are Rogues. The concept of "stealing" a token kind of fits.
    "Brainslam! When do I get to blow something up?" - Crypto 137

Quote Originally Posted by advoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I like this idea. I mean, they are Rogues. The concept of "stealing" a token kind of fits.
    How about stealing not just the token, but also the buffs that they removed?

A rouge with divine favor would be suuuuupeeeer!
    We are now at the halfway point of our disjointed epic. If you are just arriving, you have missed little.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat CaT View Post
    How about stealing not just the token, but also the buffs that they removed?

A rouge with divine favor would be suuuuupeeeer!
    If Devine Favor has to be cast like Enrage and Cripple, it might not work because it's a personal class buff. However, powers that can already be cast on guildmates, (for example; Guardian, Smoke Bomb, Fortitude, or Resurrect), could be easy to do. They'd just need to add a target changing code. Kind of like the one Confuse uses, but reversed.

Lol, could you imagine how upset a Warrior would get, if they went to hit a Rogue, only to find out that they are guarding against their own attack?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Iswald View Post
    Drop token removal from Intimidate. The only thing this will cause is strife between players.
    Also, for two tokens, and such a low chance of success, it should still give rogues the extra 100 damage on all attacks.
    token removal is good since it counterbalances the buffs the other classes have gained from the new skills (esp. clerics and mages) and also effectively helping seal ability-using of the opponents.
    and since you need a victory to improve chances of the skill effects, it is a good skill to go with for rogues in PvP.
    Frank
    Moontwist
    Frank - Ashyn - Amy
    01F9A5 - 3E86A0 - 491B83

I'm surprised why rogues did not get that 100 dmg bonus while clerics and mages can splash with their new powers.

On topic: Intimidate is pretty unimpressive compared with other new powers. Low chance of sucess and dmg output.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver Blast View Post
    I'm surprised why rogues did not get that 100 dmg bonus while clerics and mages can splash with their new powers.

On topic: Intimidate is pretty unimpressive compared with other new powers. Low chance of sucess and dmg output.
    Agreed, especially with rune effects removed from battle. That +100 damage bonus was a Rogue's main weapon, and probably the biggest nerf we could get on new skills. Plus, with Cripple and Intimidate both seeming to only work on targets we can already win against, I'm a little envious of the other classes with multi-targeting powers and splash-damage. True, we can get Smoke Bomb, but we have to play other classes to get it. I'd hoped Cripple and Intimidate's hit chances would work like Polymorph, letting us bring down bigger targets and even the odds. But so far in my battles, that hasn't been the case.