Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iOS Account

Thanks for the reply Maximus. I do have the army code and sent it along to the Devs in an email. I'll just wait it out and let them get back to me. Gonna bind it to an email this time, never thought after going along fine for a month something like this would happen.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore0225 View Post
    I've seen that they no longer will support binding to a new device. Moving account will require you to use the universal login. I sincerely hope they reconsider. Typing login every time is a pain.
    Just got my iphone 6+ and I agree, what a PITA having to log in every damn time! Come on Devs, bring back the bind to device, not happy about this at all.
    BB9DC0, 019DCD, CFAF70

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Rob View Post
    Just got my iphone 6+ and I agree, what a PITA having to log in every damn time! Come on Devs, bring back the bind to device, not happy about this at all.
    Maybe they could add support for action extensions, which would allow using eg. 1Password. 1Password supports Touch ID, so it becomes just tap to select 1Password for login, touch to unlock, tap to select character*.

*) I assume multiple characters as is the norm
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Padaxan View Post
    That feature only exists on clients who do not update. It's not supported wide scale. Our method of preference is the Universal Account.

Yes the Logout issues switching characters around, is what is being worked on.
    This is crazy, if half of the people who play CA are on iOS and they switch phones roughly every two years, how long do you think it will be before they all quit the game? Having to enter a long email and password whenever you want to play is not working!

Why not just fix the bind account issue and let people sort out which account they want tied to the iPhone login button themselves. It works quite happily if you have an old version of the App.

Just listen to the requests for once and do something useful.

5. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
    This is crazy, if half of the people who play CA are on iOS and they switch phones roughly every two years, how long do you think it will be before they all quit the game? Having to enter a long email and password whenever you want to play is not working!

Why not just fix the bind account issue and let people sort out which account they want tied to the iPhone login button themselves. It works quite happily if you have an old version of the App.

Just listen to the requests for once and do something useful.
    very well said
    BB9DC0, 019DCD, CFAF70

has this issue been updated? - want the game that was on my old iPod on my new iPhone without long log in
    Last edited by Fierce Rabbit; 06-09-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Rabbit View Post
    has this issue been updated? - want the game that was on my old iPod on my new iPhone without long log in
    In addition I would like to be able to switch to a new iOS device without creating another toon/ character - as I have gone though limited steps so far I am doubtful that this is possible :-/

Just to point out how easy this would be to patch...

Add a new button to login to user supplied account. Add one screen where the user can put in the crusader name and crusader password.

You enter your login id an pw once, then hit that button and the iOS app logs into that account.

Easy peasy and no code debugging or reworking needed.

Yeah, I think that even this is above the capabilities of the current owners.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

Or, I guess they could add a remember this password checkbox into the existing button. Then after the first login, it would auto populate the fields for you each time. All you would have to do is hit the login button. That would also work.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...