Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transforming junk items to something useful

I like it and would support it, I said something similar in another thread. There is just too much useless gear that serves no purpose whatsoever. We need a Kobo armory or some yet to be created NPC to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Padaxan View Post
    You know ETA's are a fool hearty exercise. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    It might be OK to have trade button to do one trade if you want to trade say ten excess items a day. But if that was the only way to trade, it'd be impossible to get rid of the number of rusty gloves, castle ramparts, angelic blessings, and other stuff old characters have accumulated lots of.
    I agree, but I didn't mean quite as limited as Kobo, just along those lines (with some form of daily limitation, I completely agree that ten per day would take us forever to offload the backlog).

One for one with essence would be a bonus for those who have a lot to trade, but after that initial clearing-out, it may not be much of a bonus for anyone ever again. It would take any of us some time to re-accumulate even 500 (total) worthless items; and 500 essence is a drop in the bucket if your rune is past even level 10 (and even 5000 essence is a drop in the bucket for many at this point). So, on that I'm not sure it remains relevant after the excess is gone, nor would be relevant for people who don't have that excess now.

One for one with iron would be a bit better for folks like you and I, but probably never for non-refillers who aren't running out of it like we are. 100 for one might be useful for Hero crystals; it'd give a pretty big initial advantage to those with a large backlog, but a lot of those already have a crystal advantage via land/guild advantage anyway. One for one with guild coins would probably be useful to all, and isn't out of line with what is possible via the colored-crystal alchemy right now.

[And of course I do also realize that there is a choice meant to be built in there as to what to trade for, just weighing the choices themselves against one another - essence wouldn't seem to be much of a choice except for non-refillers who have a big backlog of useless items to clear, and at that it would only be a real benefit that one time and not really ever again after that.]

I do like the idea though, a lot. Would also be in favor of something like a Master Alchemist NPC, or Transmuter NPC; perhaps it would take X number of one alchemy piece to transform it into another of that alchemy's pieces (either at random into another of the pieces, or choose which one to turn it into, in which case it should take more pieces than a gamble would). Also taking into account the difficulty of obtaining whatever piece it is with the quantity required, for example a summoner-only drop or very limited drop (such as Demon Strength for Keira) should need a lot more of the associated other pieces to make up the missing piece, than one that is less limited such as the Volcanic gems or Trisoul Plate animal essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
    One for one with essence would be a bonus for those who have a lot to trade, but after that initial clearing-out, it may not be much of a bonus for anyone ever again.
    Indeed. However, Rusty Gloves are worth even less than essence is

Yes, I would of course hope that most items would fetch us something more, like guild coins, or that we'd have a choice of trading for different resources. Eg.
    1 rusty glove = 1 essence of choice
    2 rusty gloves = 1 iron
    10 rusty gloves = 1 guild coin

With hopefully other things a bit more valuable than rusty glove.
    I don't really have a good idea on what we should expect for each item. I haven't tracked what kinds of items and how many I get in for example a normal month of refilling monster hunter's life (110 years of natural regen worth of stamina refills).

I'm mainly trying to list what are reasonable forms of currency now:
    • essence
    • iron
    • guild coins
    • powders
    • evolution crystals
    • hero crystals
    • energy & stamina potions

(may have missed some of course, please do note them as well)
    They are of different value to different characters, ranging from indeed singular essence (def & hth essence can be valued easily, at 1800 energy per 1450, or about 250 being worth of daily natural energy regen) all the way to the biggies, the crystals and powders.

While making the case that every junk item can be converted to something of value, even the most common of the most junky items, the Rusty Glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
    Would also be in favor of something like a Master Alchemist NPC, or Transmuter NPC;
    I would agree. However, that's a suggestion of trading useful stuff to other useful stuff. I'm trying to keep this suggestion focused on a single purpose: the junk loot. If you could write a transmute suggestion as separate one it could be considered and promoted on its own.

I'll try to refine this junk loot suggestion further, ie. edit the first post with clarifications regarding good valuables useful as currencies and so on, to take into account for the discussion. Keeping focus, making case clearly, articulating it well, makes it easier to promote it to devs.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

being able to trade-in items no longer of any use would/is a great idea and one that i am sure all in the CA community would make use of and bring some joy back into the game for them

Edited the post heavily, adding examples, clarifying, and so on.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    I'm absolutely not suggesting that trades be possible between characters. Only that we can trade our junk for something useful from an NPC trader. No auctions, just set prices.
    so like "new kobo trade" for equipment only ?
    i agreed with that we can trade our rusty gloves,empyeran plate and shining great sword for better equipment
    devs need new innovation for made game more and more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by seraphim View Post
    so like "new kobo trade" for equipment only ?
    No kobo. You feed junk to kobo, you get junk from kobo. I'm asking for useful stuff instead of different kind of junk. Oh, and no lottery either. Trades with set values.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

I like and fully support this idea. Just imagine how much database space the devs could free up if even just once every player traded in useless junk for gold. Less disk space used equals money saved for the devs. Plus, who doesn't like a nice clean inventory that is easy to manage? It is high time Valeria had a recycling center.
    Keep
    87dfae

The concept of a pawn shop has merit. It avoids the pitfalls of trading between players while giving players a chance to clear out the garage. The only downside is that newbies will have less stuff in their garage. Not sure why that is a downside but am sure the devs would see it that way.

I approve of this. All of it.
    Valeria's hottest novel featuring Corvintheus and Malekus in...

Army Requests (FB) | Army Code: 767D02