Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Hero Potion

Default Defensive Hero Potion

I had 3 Powder of Protection and created Defensive Hero Potion via alchemy. I thought I could use it with Vanir since it's a defensive type general, but when I clicked on "consume" and "use hero potion?", it said that I had successfully used it, but I don't see that anything actually happened. Did I just waste a potion? And what are the Hero Potions for if not upgrade generals? I searched the wikia for Defensive Hero Potion but couldn't find anything specific.

had your vanir reached max level already? Or had you cleared room by using hero crystals on her?

Vanir is level 4/4, and I don't have any hero crystals. Are the hero potions used to level up the heroes after using a hero crystal? So for example, I would need a hero crystal to make Vanir 4/5, then a hero potion to get 5/5? I am so lost with all this stuff.

a potion may be consumed to finish an alignment XP (waste) as it takes 3500 and potions are 85,000. each tier general requires a different amount of XP to gain a level.
    Last edited by tricker; 08-21-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kman543210 View Post
    Vanir is level 4/4, and I don't have any hero crystals. Are the hero potions used to level up the heroes after using a hero crystal? So for example, I would need a hero crystal to make Vanir 4/5, then a hero potion to get 5/5?
    That is correct. Just like doing quests with a general that has reached his/her max level doesn't increase his level, so does the the Hero Potion. You'll have to increase the max level via a Hero Crystal to be able to utilise the Potion.
    Last edited by AdventurerGR; 08-21-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tricker View Post
    a potion may be consumed to finish an alignment XP (waste) as it takes 3500 and potions are 8500. each tier general requires a different amount of XP to gain a level.
    potion is 85000xp

Quote Originally Posted by kman543210 View Post
    Vanir is level 4/4, and I don't have any hero crystals. Are the hero potions used to level up the heroes after using a hero crystal? So for example, I would need a hero crystal to make Vanir 4/5, then a hero potion to get 5/5? I am so lost with all this stuff.
    Yes, potions are simply a short cut to leveling up your generals once you have used hero crystals (and possibly other ingredients at higher levels) to unlock those levels. A potion = using bunches of stamina and energy with that general equipped.

Thanks. I guess I did waste it, although I'm not too disappointed since I've only ever had a single hero crystal which I used to upgrade Annika to level 5. I really should learn these new aspects of the game since I'm way behind on my knowledge.

The wikia is a good place to start to catch up on some of the new aspects:
    http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyWoC View Post
    The wikia is a good place to start to catch up on some of the new aspects:
    http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_Crystal
    THANK YOU! I already looked up Defensive Hero Potion but couldn't find a page for that on this wikia, and this was the page I was looking for.

EDIT: How did I ever even get a single Hero Crystal in the first place when I've never owned a Land of Mist (that I know of). I'm technically in a guild, but no one has been active in my guild for a year and a half. I've been clicking the "pray" button every 24 hours, but I guess I should have 0% chance to get a crystal (which I didn't know until I read this wikia page just now).
    Last edited by kman543210; 08-21-2013 at 08:07 AM.