View Poll Results: Do you think using ios accounts like that is cheating?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Point 1 is NOT cheating

47 43.52%
  • Point 1 IS cheating

34 31.48%
  • Point 2 is NOT cheating

47 43.52%
  • Point 2 IS cheating

30 27.78%
  • Point 3 is NOT cheating

44 40.74%
  • Point 3 IS cheating

35 32.41%
  • Point 4 is NOT cheating

19 17.59%
  • Point 4 IS cheating

57 52.78%
  • Chain zserg

61 56.48%
  • Chain the haxxorz

39 36.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: @DEVS: is this cheating? (ios "alts")

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Default @DEVS: is this cheating? (ios "alts")

Hi devs, I am hoping you'll see this and reply to it.

With the introduction of ios app for CA it has become legal for one person to have multiple CA accounts, and some people are using them for purposes that would have been cheating under the old rules... but if you ask them about it they'll just say "it's an ios account"

I have 4 situations in mind:

1. Using one or more of your ios accounts to heal in monsters after an account that you consider your main (FB account or older ios account) .This has as result that the main account will have more energy available for quests and trading essences which will give that account more skill points to use than it should normally have --> unfair advantage in my opinion.

2. Using your ios accounts to fortify in land of earth with the express purpose of clearing up trading space for your main account. Again this saves energy and time for the main account --> unfair advantage in my opinion.

3. Having all your ios /fb accounts in the same guild. One active person would then mean several active accounts in a guild battle. --> unfair advantage in my opinion.

4. Spending the stamina of your weaker ios accounts on your strongest account to make the stronger account level faster, thus gaining more skill points and more power faster than normal --> unfair advantage in my opinion.

It would be great if you could clarify this for me and other players that don't like cheating.

Thread got some dev feedback. I am still pretty confused

Quote Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
    Making fake/ alt Facebook accounts is against their terms of service and therefore against ours. However, if you want to have multiple Castle Age accounts you'll need to have multiple iOS devices, which is something we unfortunately cannot enforce against.

Hopefully this answers your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
    Apologies, I had a misunderstanding of how the process worked, especially after the universal log in process. We definitely discourage alts and will look into any and all accounts reported.
    Last edited by zserg; 04-30-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Added a poll because I like polls

Blog Entries

It's a multichoice poll so you can vote as many options as you want.

Blog Entries

technically.. all of these aside from the LoE Point were already there and could be done without Web3..
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
    [High King, Lieutenant Warchief, Duke, Avenger] Keep is in Signature. Play Nice Meow ;3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadoxfoxspirit View Post
    technically.. all of these aside from the LoE Point were already there and could be done without Web3..
    Practically this thread is about how people use their ios accounts, not about web3, which yes I know you beta-tested.

Thanks for your input.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Practically this thread is about how people use their ios accounts, not about web3, which yes I know you beta-tested.

Thanks for your input.
    and yet you included Point 2. which can ONLY be done via web3 as the iOS App does not have it.. My comment also suggested the introduction of Web3 has only made it easier for all of it to be done but hey how relevant is iOS to you anyway? You refuse to get such a device and therefore can't really knock it can ya?
    [High King, Lieutenant Warchief, Duke, Avenger] Keep is in Signature. Play Nice Meow ;3

For me....NO...

1.Multiple account is a violation of FB's TOS only and not of Phoenix Age's.

2.Due to low energy count, is asking your friends/guildies to fortify LoE for you so you can trade some of your essence an unfair advantage?

3.Why not? Imagine if that multi-ios-account player becomes inactive, then all his/her accounts automatically becomes a dead weight for the guild. Not everyone can play 365 days a year.

4.If I use my account to do a suicide run on you because I want to hide, that would make you level faster too. Can I use that logic to have your account banned?
    We are now at the halfway point of our disjointed epic. If you are just arriving, you have missed little.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadoxfoxspirit View Post
    and yet you included Point 2. which can ONLY be done via web3 as the iOS App does not have it.. My comment also suggested the introduction of Web3 has only made it easier for all of it to be done but hey how relevant is iOS to you anyway? You refuse to get such a device and therefore can't really knock it can ya?
    I have to play on the same servers as both ios booster accounts and the ios boosted accounts. So it is relevant to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fat CaT View Post
    For me....NO...

2.Due to low energy count, is asking your friends/guildies to fortify LoE for you so you can trade some of your essence an unfair advantage?

3.Why not? Imagine if that multi-ios-account player becomes inactive, then all his/her accounts automatically becomes a dead weight for the guild. Not everyone can play 365 days a year.

4.If I use my account to do a suicide run on you because I want to hide, that would make you level faster too. Can I use that logic to have your account banned?
    Technically Speaking.. 1,2,3 are legal per CA's rules I believe..
    Last edited by shadoxfoxspirit; 04-29-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fat CaT View Post
    For me....NO...

1. I haven't said having multiple accounts is cheating. I am saying using them in a pyramid scheme to make one account stronger is cheating.

2. If your guildies want to do it's fine, as long as they're all main accounts. If everyone uses their alts to help their mains including yours I would see that as cheating.

3. They can get booted.

4. If I ask you to use your alt to help me as well we're both cheating. If you're a crazy stalker no.