Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 681

Thread: Conquest Path Shop

  1. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    I'm confused - when does this healing / pitting your stats against your ally's stats come into play? Is this during guild battles / festival battles or in those Conquest Land battles? or both?
    Conquest Path progress for the Conqueror and the Guardian are balanced against Conquest Tokens, and will only be relevant when making actions that consume Conquest Tokens.

    Conquest Hunter Path progress will be, at the moment, for Conquest Monsters only and look at Stamina Investment.

    The Engineer Path progress will relate to a number of fortification activities and is locked pending upcoming Land of Earth updates.
    -Tass

  2. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tass View Post
    The point was not to penalize anyone, but to balance out the Conqueror and the Guardian. If the Conqueror had to beat people and the Guardian got everything 100% of the time, that would be unfair. How would it make sense for it to require someone with higher stats than you to take your health down, but only require a level 1 alt to fully heal you? How would that be fair?

    The ones with higher stats are the ones who are going to be able to do take advantage of Either Path, not the ones with lower stats.
    How do you test these for not causing imbalances in play BEFORE the roll out?

  3. #143
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Valeria
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    so even if i play cleric most of the time. i cannot advance well in tje guardian path. im one of the lower levels in my guild and i think ill never beat the 1k+ peeps. so if i want to advance in that path i should heal myself? thats not rewarding team play.

    also what luxor said. cannons beat themselves all of the time. if giardian is go walls. then they will have more trouble advancing. even beating themselves... i think this is not right....

  4. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical Lacuna View Post
    Seems like another feature that will take me at least 6 months to understand fully.
    I have yet to figure out what the point of the entire LoE is.

  5. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mozote420 View Post
    so even if i play cleric most of the time. i cannot advance well in tje guardian path. im one of the lower levels in my guild and i think ill never beat the 1k+ peeps. so if i want to advance in that path i should heal myself? thats not rewarding team play.

    also what luxor said. cannons beat themselves all of the time. if giardian is go walls. then they will have more trouble advancing. even beating themselves... i think this is not right....
    I think your making the assumption that you are going advance via guild battles but from Tass' last post Guardian can only be advanced in Conquest battles/duels.

  6. #146

    Default

    Which, if you don't get conquest points, means your ability to climb the ranks stops

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mackem miscreant
    Posts
    9,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwagoner View Post
    Which, if you don't get conquest points, means your ability to climb the ranks stops
    The impression I got was, you could at least score path points no matter what the target. Even if you don't climb, you can still walk the path.
    (So says Purrrrr. )
    Easiest points ever. Honest. <-> SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM. SPAM. <-> A wind fury gem cost HOW MUCH!?!?!? <-> Army: D37689

  8. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tass View Post
    Conquest Path progress for the Conqueror and the Guardian are balanced against Conquest Tokens, and will only be relevant when making actions that consume Conquest Tokens.

    Conquest Hunter Path progress will be, at the moment, for Conquest Monsters only and look at Stamina Investment.

    The Engineer Path progress will relate to a number of fortification activities and is locked pending upcoming Land of Earth updates.
    Thanks for clearing it up somewhat - appreciate it, Tass. I was afraid your answer would be along these lines. Kind of bummed that some of this is going to be locked up behind the Conquest wall like Crystals have been and continue to be. If we want to fully participate in this game from here on out, we'll have to join a fairly strong guild. Why would anyone use their precious stamina to attack regularly summoned monsters, join public list monsters, participate in or create tower monsters, etc., if those same monsters in Conquest not only give essences but also progress you along the Hunter Path? That will also give us access to the Engineer path. We are already using our Conquest tokens on Conquest duels and such so the point is moot there.

    Well, knowledge is power, now we all have more info to base our decisions on as we move forward. Might be time to give my old guild a holler and go back to the days of old. Who knows - it might be fun. Good thing we always left the door open for each other!
    Last edited by Poobah; 01-25-2013 at 05:00 AM.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mackem miscreant
    Posts
    9,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    Thanks for clearing it up somewhat - appreciate it, Tass. I was afraid your answer would be along these lines. Kind of bummed that some of this is going to be locked up behind the Conquest wall like Crystals have been and continue to be. If we want to fully participate in this game from here on out, we'll have to join a fairly strong guild. Why would anyone use their precious stamina to attack regularly summoned monsters, join public list monsters, participate in or create tower monsters, etc., if those same monsters in Conquest not only give essences but also progress you along the Hunter Path? That will also give us access to the Engineer path. We are already using our Conquest tokens on Conquest duels and such so the point is moot there.

    Well, knowledge is power, now we all have more info to base our decisions on as we move forward. Might be time to give my old guild a holler and go back to the days of old. Who knows - it might be fun. Good thing we always left the door open for each other!
    Conqueror is based on Conquest Duels and requires nothing guild-related.

    Hunter and Guardian will be based around securing and defending lands.

    Engineer will be about fortifications. May I remind you there's an achievement for spending 5000 energy. You get a FREE SP!!!! If it's going to be THAT kind of deal, I wouldn't hold out much hope. (That was the EASY one of it's set, too. )

    The collectivists will tell you "it's being a team player that counts". Well, maybe it does, but in this case it doesn't alter the fact that achievement was a TOTAL RIP-OFF. I will need to see numbers before even a single point of energy goes in that direction. I have no problems spending the guild coins on things like Excelsior and maybe some health essence....but there has to be a reasonable limit. Keep it in mind.
    (So says Purrrrr. )
    Easiest points ever. Honest. <-> SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM. SPAM. <-> A wind fury gem cost HOW MUCH!?!?!? <-> Army: D37689

  10. #150

    Default

    Oh I won't be making any decisions until I see what ends up coming out and then analyzing...just speculating based on what I see so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •