Guild Conquest has evolved into a rather massive and complicated part of Castle Age.
First of all, there are 3 distinct areas of interest. First there is your Conquest Keep, then there's Conquest Battle and finally Conquest Duel. Two of these, Conquest Keep and Battle are closely connected, Conquest Duel is more of a "side-quest" devs released and is also the only part of conquest that can be tackled by people not in a guild.
- New resources that Conquest introduced are lumber and iron.
- You get these either by attacking people in Conquest Battle or by collecting from the lands your guild owns.
- Resources are needed to buy a number of items in the guild war-shop. It is not really recommended spending any of them until reaching 5k of each(for an achievement)
- Collecting from conquest lands can only be done once per day. The timer resets at the same time each day. Keep this in mind for when clearing lands of monsters.
- Guild officers have the option to salvage a land. This destroys the land and allows you to kill monsters again and reconquer it(each guild only gets 4 fire lands and 2 mist lands to conquer this way). Salvaging will also enable power collect, meaning you can also collect resources from that land for one day after it was salvaged.
- The max amount of guild tokens increases as you rank up(11 for rank3, 12 for rank 15+ in conquest, 13 for rank 28+). You regen 1 token per hour and can refill tokens with 10 FP per refill an unlimited amount of times.(you get small reductions in regen timer for tokens as you rank up)
- Personal rank is increased by spending tokens in conquest battle or when defending your own lands(heal, ressurect etc)
- Guild rank is increased by gaining guild trophies. Each trophy gives guild exp. Max guild rank is 10.
2. Conquest Keep
- Conquest keep is like a command center for your guild. When first entering you will see that there are two major Lands(or realms). First one is Land of Fire and second one is Land of Mist. Each of these two realms functions in a slightly different way .
- I'd like to note that there are however common features for both Land of Fire and Mist; they each contain a number of lands(yes they're also called lands which is why I'm using the name realm for the main Land) which you can explore. Exploring, summons a number of monsters which you have to defeat in order to attain the land. Having lands means getting resources to buy things in your guild shop.
2.a) Land of Fire
- When first entering this realm you will see 4 lands each with a green explore button.
- The monsters that you have to kill are summoned immediately after clicking explore button.
- The number and type of monsters that you have to defeat depends greatly on the average level of your guild. A guild made mostly of players under level 300 can get monsters like Cronus, Ragnarok or Bahamut. A guild with an average level of 300+ can get monsters like Azriel, Alpha Meph, Jahanna, Aurora, Malekus etc.
- Failing a monster does no harm, so smaller guilds can slow-kill one monster at a time.
- Once you have defeated all monsters in a land, you can start collecting resources daily from it. Also the land enters a defend/protected cycle. Defenders are not automatically asigned, each member has an option of becoming a defender in one land. A land is much like a gate in your normal guild battle. It can have a maximum of 25 members and the HP of your members is multiplied by 65. The class you are is locked when land is in defend mode and can be changed while in protect mode.
- Each person in your guild can only defend one land, be it land of fire or land of mist.
- In defend mode your land can be attacked by all other guilds. Your opponents get a total of 1000 tokens with which they can try to "sack" your land. A land is considered sacked if everyone in your gate dies, if you have 1 or more people left after timer has expired or the 1000 tokens have been spent, then you have succesfully defended your land.
- A sacked land will receive a stripped land counter. Having strip counters on your land makes them net less resources. After receiving multiple strip counters a land is attacked by an orc invasion. Failing to defend against it gives your land more stripped counters, rendering it useless.
- Officers have the option to salvage lands and receive a few resources for them. Salvaging a land means you can conquer it all over again. This is useful if you have a land with stripped counters or simply want to kill more monsters(there is an achievement for killing monsters in conquest).
2.b) Land of Mist
- As with Land of Fire the goal here is to completely clear a land of monsters. However there is one major and extremely important difference. Lands here are on limited timers(~288 hours). Once you click explore the timer starts ticking and that is the max amount of time in which you can kill the monsters that are summoned. What monsters you get depends on the average lvl of your guild.
- Important: ONCE YOU KILL ALL MONSTERS IN THE LAND THE TIMER DOES NOT RESET YOU WILL HAVE THE LAND FOR HOWEVER TIME YOU HAVE LEFT. IF YOU NEEDED 287 HOURS TO KILL ALL MONSTERS LAND WILL GO POOF 1 HOUR LATER!!
- If you want to be able to collect resources from your land of mist, you must kill the final monster with more than 24 hours to spare on the timer( because once you kill the monsters you first have 24 hours in which you can collect loot, after which land enters protected mode for 48 hours and that is when you can collect lumber and iron from it.)
- WHEN TIMER ENDS LAND DISAPPEARS. THERE IS NO WAY TO KEEP IT. THINK ABOUT THIS WHEN DECIDING TO GET ONE!
- A land is much like a gate in your normal guild battle. It can have a maximum of 25 members and the HP of your members is multiplied by 45. The class you are is locked when land is in defend mode and can be changed while in protect mode.
- Similarly with lands of fire, you must protect these against attackers, unlike lands of fire, if you fail to defend you lose the land immediately and the guild that killed everyone in your land gets it and can start collecting resources for it.
- Land of Mists now has an explore feature inside each land. Use this feature to find and aquire Hero Crystals from the new Demi-god of luck Cassandra. Use Hero Crystals to level up your hero's past level 4.
- Each land you own increases the chance you will get a crystal by 15%(max 60%). Each lvl 5+ hero adds 1%(max +30%)
2.c) Fortify Land
- If you don't have enough members in your guild to defend the lands you own you also have the option to fortify your lands. Think of fortifying as if hiring or building soldiers to help defend your land.
- You can only fortify a land when in Protect mode.
- The strength of the unit depends on the average strength of your guild-members defenders in that land.
- There are 10 levels to fortifying, each lvl gives you one more soldier/mercenary. So far the only unit available is the Footman. He has the equivalent of 100 HP (6500 HP in lands of Fire, 4500 in lands of Mist)
- Fortifying costs Energy. Level 1 - 500 Energy Level 2 - 1000 Energy Level 3 - 5000 Energy Level 4 - 1% Progress for 100 Energy Level 5 - 1% Progress for 200 Energy, for the other 5 lvls, energy per 1% increases with 50 per lvl.
- There is an achievement for fortifying lands.
- All lands lose fortification when they are salvaged, or when they expire(only mist lands expire)
3. Conquest Battle
- This is the part of conquest where you can find vulnerable lands of other guilds(lands that are in defend mode). You can spend tokens attacking other lands and receive resources, guild coins and regular game exp for doing so.
- To conquer a land, you must kill everyone in a guild. Only 1000 actions are available for doing so.
- Conquering(known as sacking) a land of fire helps your guild attain the sacking guild trophy which helps increase your guild rank.
- Conquering a land of mist gives you a land of mist from which you can collect resources and grants you access to the demi-god Cassandra.
- You attack lands as the guild class you are currently. You can also change your class at will. Some class powers will not be available, like sentinel or confidence for warriors.
- The conquer goes to the person to deal the final blow to the last defender of the land. The guild of that person is awarded with the +sacked land achievement or land of mist.
4. Guild achievements.
- I'm mentioning these in this guide because they were introduced at the same time as conquest, and because part of these achievements are conquest achievements.
- There are 3 types of achievements. Two are individual and one is cooperative with the guild.
- Guild Achievements: are attained by using certain class skills(heal, whirlwind evade etc etc) a number of times, they reward you with Skill points. 2000 of each is the max.
- Conquest Achievements: are attained by doing certain things in conquest. There are achievements for dealing a certain amount of dmg to conquest monsters, for offensive and defensive victories in conquest battle, for obtaining certain amounts of iron and wood(up to 5000 each) and for fortifying in lands.
- Conquest Trophies: are cooperative achievements, they reward guild exp which is needed to increase your guild's rank. Higher guild rank unlocks more items to buy in guild war shop.
- This post made on forums by The Flirt contains detailed info about requirements for each achievement.