Thread: Official Stat Check Topic

1. Default

i'm leaved game for years.

i'm lvl 750 now,
    ene : 2000
    stam : 1148
    atk : 1695 (840)
    def : 1052 (514)

my hero lvl not high and is not promoted.

what should i do to be more better on hunting monster. hardly to find active slow kill group now.

what does promote hero does? up more base stats? how about hero lvl? which give more base stats better?

does item archieves buff added as basis atk n def?
    Last edited by alexchew_2020; 07-10-2018 at 12:11 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    levelling up barbarus adds a lot of dmg , and also getting general attack and def over 2.2k+, is also a factor too. The other factor based on luck will be crits. (Dolomar or Kang for 2nd position, some oldies has lotus there i think).
    Dolomar > Maalvus > Barbarus

I always thought Dolomar was better than Barbarus (and I also think Maalvus is better than Barbarus too). But can you kindly elaborate why Barbarus is better?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyways I need advice: I haz 1300 atk, 1100 def and only 345 stam. I just recently got back to the game and have a lot of catching up to do. Tried measuring what I can achieve and I simply cannot even achieve 5% of Valhalla on natural regen. Should I focus on atk or stam?

Deffinitely stam.

345 is too low to accomplish anything.
    You can always add atk through other means as well, like leveling up your rune, adding Sahar/Sorkan in your alliance, and IA too.
    At least one high level monster hunting general in your monster hunting alliance is necessary too, whether he's Dolomar, Barbarus or Sahar/Sorkan.

Barbarus is better cause he's aggresive ,that means he gets more atk than Maalvus at same lvl, plus the more u hit a monster,the more +% bonus dmg he adds.

But if u've leveled Maalvus above lvl50+ and u lack resources to start on a fresh general, stick with Maalvus, he's good, mind u.
    Dolomar also great to have, aggressive too, so, shares resources with Barbarus, tough to level up both.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadasmax View Post

Barbarus is better cause he's aggresive ,that means he gets more atk than Maalvus at same lvl, plus the more u hit a monster,the more +% bonus dmg he adds. ...
    Barbarus is better than Maalvus:
    - he is an aggressive General
    - adds a valuable spot on monster hunting alliances

But Maalvus adds critical dmg buff vs Barbarus’ guaranteed dmg buff so both generals have a “+% bonus dmg”.

The problem with Maalvus is due to the revised general alliance rules that effectively ended Maalvus as a monster hunting General. Dolomar has much higher critical dmg buff than Maalvus & Barbarus has the same 3X dmg per hit as Maalvus so Maalvus became obsolete.

I had a 5* Lvl 54 Maalvus when the alliance rules were changed. I lvl up Maalvus to 59 since it would take a while to lvl up Barbarus & Dolomar. Today, my monster hunting alliance is headed by a 6* lvl 80 Barbarus while Maalvus never gets used after being retired.

The thing to remember is Dolomar / Maalvus et al boost critical hits which has variance. Barbarus gives a guaranteed dmg boost (but needs to be charged up). You have to decide which is better: bird in hand or two in the bush. I like low variance so I use Barbarus.

5. Default

Deffinitely stam.
    Stam it is then. Thanks!

...At least one high level monster hunting general in your monster hunting alliance is necessary too, whether he's Dolomar, Barbarus or Sahar/Sorkan.

Barbarus is better cause he's aggresive ,that means he gets more atk than Maalvus at same lvl, plus the more u hit a monster,the more +% bonus dmg he adds.

But if u've leveled Maalvus above lvl50+ and u lack resources to start on a fresh general, stick with Maalvus, he's good, mind u.
    Dolomar also great to have, aggressive too, so, shares resources with Barbarus, tough to level up both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Barbarus is better than Maalvus:
    - he is an aggressive General
    - adds a valuable spot on monster hunting alliances

But Maalvus adds critical dmg buff vs Barbarus’ guaranteed dmg buff so both generals have a “+% bonus dmg”.

The problem with Maalvus is due to the revised general alliance rules that effectively ended Maalvus as a monster hunting General. Dolomar has much higher critical dmg buff than Maalvus & Barbarus has the same 3X dmg per hit as Maalvus so Maalvus became obsolete.

I had a 5* Lvl 54 Maalvus when the alliance rules were changed. I lvl up Maalvus to 59 since it would take a while to lvl up Barbarus & Dolomar. Today, my monster hunting alliance is headed by a 6* lvl 80 Barbarus while Maalvus never gets used after being retired.

The thing to remember is Dolomar / Maalvus et al boost critical hits which has variance. Barbarus gives a guaranteed dmg boost (but needs to be charged up). You have to decide which is better: bird in hand or two in the bush. I like low variance so I use Barbarus.
    I have only managed to level Maalvus to 7 so it'a not much of a loss. I didn't realise Barbarus had a new ability. Is that percentage from his base stats, alliance stats or my stats?

In any case, I tried a Barbarus-led alliance: Barbarus/Sahar/Dolomar. I am loving the results so far! Thanks for the advice, @Fadasmax, @Batw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ADD: Barbarus' helm has a +1% crit attribute. Does "not stackable" mean it will not add to Dolomar's crit? (Asking because I do not have the helm.)
    Last edited by dayrep; 07-12-2018 at 09:37 AM.

"not stackable" means u wont get additional bonuses if u acquire more than 1 helm.
    That +1% crit from helm stacks with Dolomar and additional % crit bonuses u already have.

Barb deals more dmg the more u hit a monster, something to do with a certain % of monster's health, or something.

Dont rule out Maalvus yet, 3 aggressive generals in your hunting alliance maybe too much to handle/level up, cause u need resources from same pool, red ones.
    For starters, u may need to use him instead of Barb, use your red gems/potions on Dolomar.

As far as what general goes in front of the other in an alliance, always remember, highest atk first(!), unless specific general's ability requires said general to be Main in order to be usable. (in your case, only Barb's 3x ability requires him to be Main in order to work. his extra dmg boost, Sahar's atk boost, Dolomar's crit boost work no matter where they stand in the alliance.)

Dont level up Sahar too much, u wont be needing him that much once your combined Keep atk (Character's atk+IA+Atk rune) exceeds 4,500.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

7. Default

"not stackable" means u wont get additional bonuses if u acquire more than 1 helm.
    That +1% crit from helm stacks with Dolomar and additional % crit bonuses u already have.

Barb deals more dmg the more u hit a monster, something to do with a certain % of monster's health, or something.

Dont rule out Maalvus yet, 3 aggressive generals in your hunting alliance maybe too much to handle/level up, cause u need resources from same pool, red ones.
    For starters, u may need to use him instead of Barb, use your red gems/potions on Dolomar.

As far as what general goes in front of the other in an alliance, always remember, highest atk first(!), unless specific general's ability requires said general to be Main in order to be usable. (in your case, only Barb's 3x ability requires him to be Main in order to work. his extra dmg boost, Sahar's atk boost, Dolomar's crit boost work no matter where they stand in the alliance.)

Dont level up Sahar too much, u wont be needing him that much once your combined Keep atk (Character's atk+IA+Atk rune) exceeds 4,500.
    Thanks for the tips! Here's what I have so far:

Also, can you kindly elaborate on why Sahar should not be leveled too much? And how much is too much? (I planned to level her up to 10 for now, but no higher than 15.)

Quote Originally Posted by dayrep View Post
    Thanks for the tips! Here's what I have so far:

Also, can you kindly elaborate on why Sahar should not be leveled too much? And how much is too much? (I planned to level her up to 10 for now, but no higher than 15.)
    Usually, "not too much" means "do not spend colored crystals on it that you might need later for any other". That is: stop at level 24. It might seem a lot now, but you'll reach there quickly by questing or through some red potions.

The reason: Sahar only provides monster attack which will become less and less useful the more you advance into the game because you'll either add stats to your attack, get attack bonus from IA, get attack bonus from runes or a mix of them. The amount of damage dealt related to the amount of attack you have is not proportional (it is not linear); past certain amount you get less profit from each point added (the graphic is a curve).
    On the other hand, Monster hunter bonus and critical chance bonus are always linear and nice.
    Last edited by Barathor; 07-13-2018 at 05:11 PM.

- Due to the revised alliance rules, DO NOT LEVEL UP MAALVUS. Period. Full stop.

Prior to the revised alliance rules, it did make sense to non-spenders to lvl up Maalvus since lvl’ing up 3 aggressive generals were onerous.

However, the rules were changed and Maalvus is obsolete because:
    - Dolomar gives more critical dmg buff per same lvl as Maalvus, respectively
    - Maalvus’ critical dmg buff adds little or no benefits if Dolomar is ahead of Maalvus in the alliance ... see below:

“If a portion of the linked generals' ability matches part of the Master general's ability, a part of the ability will be passed according to which slot the linked general is in, with earlier slots contributing a larger percentage. This typically follows three patterns - 50% for the Primary Link (Link 1) and 33% for the Secondary link (Link 2) for most alliances, 25%/10% for alliances that have a +MonsterAttack Hero as Master General (i.e Sahar, Zaverok) and 25%/17% (read below to see generals and their skill bonus when linking) . To be certain about this, always click on the "Alliance Bonus" button that is placed above the "Create Alliance" button.“

Source: http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/General_Alliance

Also, with the introduction of Monkey King, there is less of a need to lvl up Sahar. Barbarus & Dolomar continue to be the two best generals for monster hunting alliance as a general comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    Usually, "not too much" means "do not spend colored crystals on it that you might need later for any other". That is: stop at level 24. It might seem a lot now, but you'll reach there quickly by questing or through some red potions.

The reason: Sahar only provides monster attack which will become less and less useful the more you advance into the game because you'll either add stats to your attack, get attack bonus from IA, get attack bonus from runes or a mix of them. The amount of damage dealt related to the amount of attack you have is not proportional (it is not linear); past certain amount you get less profit from each point added (the graphic is a curve).
    On the other hand, Monster hunter bonus and critical chance bonus are always linear and nice.
    Sahar is a waste if you ask me. My Sahar is a 5* lvl 21/24 and a waste of FP.

I understand why players who are LSI builds gravitate towards Sahar, but the truth is as you lvl up Barbarus & Dolomar and build up your AtK IA’s & Atk Rune over time, the gain from Sahar becomes not helpful. The star system (up to 5* for Oracle generals while some are now 6*) drastically changed the calculus of having Sahar in the first place. My 6* lvl 80 Barbarus is big!!

My advice for dayrep would be to spend 60 FP and get Barbarus & Domolar to 2 stars each, respectively, and focus on lvl’ing these 2 generals. It’s no coincidence that either a Dolomar or Barbarus led alliance is showing the best results vs Sahar or Maalvus led alliance.

Btw, most people will put Barbarus as head of the monster alliance due to:
    - Barbarus is easiest of three (vs Dolomar vs Sahar) to lvl up
    - Barbarus has a gear with a 1% critical hit buff (btw, three pieces of gear will give 10% equipment buff)