Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Age PvP Tournament Number 4 Rules.

Default Castle Age PvP Tournament Number 4 Rules.

Tournament Rules

No general limitations: You are allowed to use any general you want. Typically though, it's best to contact your opponent before attacking them and asking them if they're ready for your attack (it's more sportsman like). You specify how you're attacking first (whether duels or invades) and allow your opponent to pick the appropriate general for their defense. They should then contact you when they return the attack. How you communicate is of no importance. This is NOT mandatory but strongly suggested. This may seem harsh on those who haven't spent the $'s - but I see no reason to penalise those who have shelled out - They have paid for an advantage and that advantage they shall recieve.

Once the sign up period is finished, the tiers will be published in full. Each grouping (dependant upon numbers) will participate in a round robin groupings. The winners of which will progress to a knock out elimination round. Much like the world cup.

How the Round Robin will work and it's rules:

• Each player will be required to locate their grouping, within their tier. Within each grouping will be a small number of players (no more than 6).
    • Each player will be required to perform 5 duels and 5 invades (a pairing) to each other player within their grouping.
    • Both players will be required to report the total outcome of each pairing. This should add up to 20.
    • The winner of each pairing will be awarded 3 points.
    • If there is a tie in the score, then the pairing will repeat their attacks & defenses and report the 2nd pairings results also.
    • If the second pairing is still tied - the lower level player will be awarded the victory and the full 3 points available (this is known as the underdog rule).
    • If the levels are also tied: then a full draw will be called and both sides awarded 1 point. 0 points will be awarded to the loser in each pairing.
    • At the end of the round robin - the 2 highest scoring players in each grouping will proceed to the elimination rounds. if 2 or more players in a grouping are tied to advance to the elimination rounds - the underdog rule will be invoked.
    • If the potentially advancing players are also tied in level - then the result will be deferred to their previously played pairing outcome.
    • If the players are still tied - Then they will perform a final pairing with Strider as their generals. The winner will proceed.

How the Elimination Rounds will work and their rules:

• Each player will be required to locate their designated opponent, within their tier.
    • Each player will be required to perform the standard 5 duels and 5 invades to their designated opponent.
    • Each player will be required to report the total outcome of each pairing.
    • The winner of each pairing will advance to the next round.
    • If there is a tie in the score, then the pairing will repeat their attacks and defenses and report the 2nd pairings results also.
    • If the second pairing is still tied - the lower level player will be awarded the victory and advance to the next round.
    • If the potentially advancing players are also tied in level - then the result will be deferred to their previously played pairing outcome.
    • If they are still tied - Then they will perform a final pairing with Strider as their generals. The winner will proceed.

Score Reporting:

You must report your score using the following link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RMN3c6MQ#gid=0

The tournament organisers will then update the challonge scoreboard.

The form is self-explanatory but I'll give a few tips. You MUST report full scores, not partial scores. Do NOT report your 10 attacks only. Wait until your opponent has attacked back. The scores MUST add up to 20.

There is ONE exception to that rule. If your opponent is AWOL. In other words, if your opponent is constantly dead or too weak to battle or has not attacked back within the necessary deadline. If this happens, you MUST contact the tournament organisers with a proper reason as to why you're not submitting a score that adds up to 20.
    If you don't understand this, please ask for more details/help in the thread.

You can also report the scores in this thread (and it's even suggested for fun and to keep everyone in the loop of what's going on BUT it will not be considered official. Only the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RMN3c6MQ#gid=0 form submission is considered official. (if you're wondering why, it's simply because it's just too difficult to keep track of everyone's individual scores, within the posts on the forum and/or in private messages).

Help:

If you don't understand something or need clarification, please ask within the thread. The organisers will check the thread multiple times on a daily basis. Odds are if you have a question, someone else may have that same question as well.

Breaking the tier limitations:

The groupings will be decided based upon the number of people who enter. Thus, we'll be very concious of making groups with 1 or 2 members near it's very limit. So for that matter - each case will discussed by the organisers on an individual basis and suitable punishments (if any are required) will be doled out.

Tournament Organisers
    Ginger The Hutt
    Thresh
    Xkaliber
    Mursilis
    Last edited by Ginger The Hutt; 01-09-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    | Some noob, noobing about. Chain me |
    | Keep Links | FaceBook or Web3 |
    | The Unicorn Gym |

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

I will leave the PMing to people that actually stand a chance to win. I will just do my suicides and move on, hope that's ok with everyone
    Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
    Follow the Moon
    Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    I will leave the PMing to people that actually stand a chance to win. I will just do my suicides and move on, hope that's ok with everyone
    I'll see you in the losers lounge pretty quickly myself..
    | Some noob, noobing about. Chain me |
    | Keep Links | FaceBook or Web3 |
    | The Unicorn Gym |

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger The Hutt View Post
    I see myself in there to. As the matter of fact, if I manage to proceed to elimination phase, I'll open up an atm to celebrate. Take my word on that. Even though its never gonna happen
    RANK 21 - High King RANK 10 - Lieutenant Colonel RANK 7 - Protector

I am sure I will precede you, which us a good thing since you will take up half the bar and coat it with slime
    Chimæra

Save me a seat please Gingy

Ohhh and rules read and understood
    Last edited by junglecatdenise; 12-10-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Rabid Dolls

I am sure I will be joining you in that loser lounge. I'll buy the first round of drinks! Also I will bring some fresh baked muffins too We can eat and drink our pain away

I'll be alone in the NPWTS room

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Elf View Post
    I'll be alone in the NPWTS room
    Non-Playing Wanker Training Section ???
    RANK 21 - High King RANK 10 - Lieutenant Colonel RANK 7 - Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Of Apocalypse View Post
    Non-Playing Wanker Training Section ???
    Lol. If I want to proceed to the elimination rounds ill need to gain blessings for an entire year without leveling.. first tourney I didn't beat anyone, second I beat one, third I missed,if I beat 2 or more itll keep me going to build bsi to 8
    Level 273 Prince/Warguard

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!! OI OI OI!!

Fight Me