PDA

View Full Version : Does Caine work in a Barbarus/Kaiser/Caine alliance?

AyameNoop
06-18-2016, 10:39 AM
....I'm also assuming his 3% is added to the final tally after counting Barbarus's increase damage ability

am i right?

The Reaper
06-18-2016, 03:54 PM
They're separate damage abilities, so you'll get the full 3%. They may be reworking Caine soon, though, so who knows how they'll ally then.

Dokkōdō
06-18-2016, 06:56 PM
....I'm also assuming his 3% is added to the final tally after counting Barbarus's increase damage ability

am i right?

yes but unfortunately Caine 3% dmg ability is stuck at L4. It does not goes up after that. it has been like that for years.

The Reaper
06-18-2016, 07:43 PM
He's getting updated in the not so distant future.

Yods
06-18-2016, 09:19 PM

Is there any proof of this ?
--> Also suggested the general scaling in different thread..

The Reaper
06-19-2016, 03:21 AM
Upgrades for gens have been suggested for years on here. I've been pestering the devs a lot over the last year pushing for Caine. I know there's a ticket in for him, but who knows when it will be exactly.

Dokkōdō
06-19-2016, 01:00 PM

as in Star Wars kind of "distant", in another galaxy.

The Reaper
06-20-2016, 11:54 PM
He just got changed. He now has the same ability as Barbarus.

AyameNoop
06-21-2016, 12:01 AM
He just got changed. He now has the same ability as Barbarus.

That just effing sucks. I bought him less than 12 hours ago and now he has been nerfed from 3% at level 4 to 1%. I don't even care if he scales or not

Not only that, his ability now is the same as Barbarus and scales down while in an alliance with barb

I wish i couls get my 30fp back

Jim[Gr]
06-21-2016, 07:41 AM
That just effing sucks. I bought him less than 12 hours ago and now he has been nerfed from 3% at level 4 to 1%. I don't even care if he scales or not

Not only that, his ability now is the same as Barbarus and scales down while in an alliance with barb

I wish i couls get my 30fp back

You must be joking right? You had a worthless general that didnt scale and provided nearly nothing to the the damage you did (300k in 10m damage). Now you have a scaleable general that can be allianced with the best MH general out there and boost him and you rage in the forum for this?
Btw did you watch that his ability also changed? What nerf are you talking about when you are comparing percentages of different skills? FFS

Kudos devs, nice work there with Caine.

The Reaper
06-21-2016, 09:15 AM
The point of them calling it a nerf is Caine's old damage was instant right off the start. Had that % scaled, it'd be great. Monster Hunter will take a bit to hit that same 3% (depending of level), then a bit more hitting until it balances out with the damage you lost getting up to the same 3%. Then, you'll start to see improvements. Just depends on what you're hitting. For smaller monsters, Caine's old % is better. Bigger monsters, it pays off.

Jim[Gr]
06-21-2016, 10:41 AM
If Caine got his old ability back plus the one he has now as secondary, that would make him overpowered? If so we can recommend this to devs and all be happy.

The Reaper
06-21-2016, 10:46 AM
I'd be down with it. Wouldn't be overpowered at all. Barb probably still does more damage anyways since he's aggressive. I'm not sure exactly how much more attack one has over a balanced gen at the higher levels, but it probably amount to more than 3% damage.

AyameNoop
06-21-2016, 01:43 PM
;2955322']You must be joking right? You had a worthless general that didnt scale and provided nearly nothing to the the damage you did (300k in 10m damage). Now you have a scaleable general that can be allianced with the best MH general out there and boost him and you rage in the forum for this?
Btw did you watch that his ability also changed? What nerf are you talking about when you are comparing percentages of different skills? FFS

Kudos devs, nice work there with Caine.

i thought of something scathing, but Dokkido already explained it to you in another thread, if you don't get it I'll be more than willing to re-explain it in a less polite manner