PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new General needed

Adebisi
05-24-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm looking into getting a new General.
I've been out of the game for several years but returned a few months ago. I'm still finding my way around everything that's new to me.
The last general I purchased was Kaiser, so that gives you some idea how long I've been absent.
I'm almost level 400. Most of my time in the game is spent hitting monsters.
I have some Divine Favor, Physical Pierce and Fire Pierce via equipment.
I plan on buying a 2 or 3 of the general I choose, to boost them up. (I haven't gotten to Hero Crystals, (or how you get them), yet).
[more info added at the bottom of this post.]

My eyes want to get The Butcher, (I love the art). My brain says get Bogo due to the higher stats and Divine Favor.
Which of these, or any others, would you recommend I get, and importantly, why?

The Butcher
20 (+20 with hero items)
18 (+10 with hero items)
As health decreases, receive +X damage

Bogo
35 (+4 with hero items)
25 (+5 with hero items)
Divine Favor
Water Pierce
(+5 Energy)

Kanbe
28 (+2 with hero items)
21 (+2 with hero items)
Physical Pierce
Earth Pierce
Divine

Feredir
24 (+2 with hero items)
23 (+2 with hero items)
Physical Pierce
Wind Pierce

Edit: (More info, as requested)
Stats to answer the orientation and Divinity questions:
Attack: 1029, Defense: 701, Health: 203 (Health will go up once Def is up to 1000).
Physical Pierce: 80, Fire Pierce: 40, Divine Favor: 35

I'll pretty much hit any monster going.
Some of the tougher ones that require a high stance, I tend to avoid at the moment.

When I'm hitting to get good loot, I go for Vargulis, Samael, Aspect of Death and Alperon.
I still hit a lot of the smaller monsters. I still haven't got Keira's Soul yet, so I'm still hitting Keira fairly often.

PVP: I have done and do but not often. I got up to Earl in the Battle ranks back when I used to play. I'm only up to Captain in the War ranks.
Guild Battles: Not since I started playing again. I'm a level 400 minnow now, with players up in the thousands.
I'm currently in a guild with just a few friends that are new to the game, so we haven't been able to do any guild stuff yet.
I don't want to join a bigger guild until I can properly pull my weight and contribute.

Mursilis
05-24-2016, 02:11 PM
I think before we can give you a suggestion we'll need more info on the way you play the game. Are you Attack or Defense stat oriented? Do you have a lot of Health, or only the base amount? How much Divine Power do you have currently? What monsters are you hunting currently? Do you participate in PvP and Guild Battles often, or only occasionally? What class do you use in Guild Battles?

Adebisi
05-24-2016, 07:15 PM
I think before we can give you a suggestion we'll need more info on the way you play the game.
Ok, thank you.
I've added the info to the original post, to keep everything together.

Romelis
05-25-2016, 09:23 AM
dont confuse divine power with divine favour.
first one is needed to hit better mobs, second is a guild power

Mursilis
05-25-2016, 01:05 PM
The Butcher is really only a GB general. If you aren't doing that much then not worth it. As for the rest, they aren't really great monster hunting generals. So I have trouble suggesting any of the ones you posted. Maybe Kanbe at best for the Divine Power. Since you have almost none, you're going to need some to limit the damage restrictions on a whole host of monsters. 20 from his isn't going to do much, but it's a start.

ॐ <Jigz of the Endless> ॐ
05-25-2016, 02:56 PM
I'd suggest looking at the older generals, otherwise wait for the new batch of 6 (generals//apprentices) due soon, before spending FPs.
- Barbarus. A monster-damage booster. Nice with Kaiser.
- Solara. Increase your max. stamina to hunt larger monsters. Beware of the reduction to your energy.
- Maalvus. Critical gen. Nice with Kaiser.

Otherwise, continue to level Kaiser which will help on stance monsters whilst you slowly work on increasing your divine power.

You must join a guild- pretty sure most would be accommodating to the concerns you have. You will need the resources, only available from guilds: to boost your generals even higher; to purchase items/equipment and accessing Conquest path goodies (skill points, runes and potions).

Good luck and welcome back

Eric Suen
05-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Any general good for GB and MH?

ॐ <Jigz of the Endless> ॐ
05-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Any general good for GB and MH?

Just like for the OP; we need a lot more context to advise you. But I don't believe there is one general (yet)who covers what you seek, whether they are free, reward based, monthly or from chests.

AyameNoop
05-25-2016, 05:40 PM
If you are looking for an absolute "Do this" kind of answer; I would say buy 2x Barbarus and 1x Zin

How many guild coins do you have?

CastleAgeBrock
05-26-2016, 06:03 PM
I'm looking into getting a new General.
I've been out of the game for several years but returned a few months ago. I'm still finding my way around everything that's new to me.
The last general I purchased was Kaiser, so that gives you some idea how long I've been absent.
I'm almost level 400. Most of my time in the game is spent hitting monsters.
I have some Divine Favor, Physical Pierce and Fire Pierce via equipment.
I plan on buying a 2 or 3 of the general I choose, to boost them up. (I haven't gotten to Hero Crystals, (or how you get them), yet).
[more info added at the bottom of this post.]

(snip)

Edit: (More info, as requested)
Stats to answer the orientation and Divinity questions:
Attack: 1029, Defense: 701, Health: 203 (Health will go up once Def is up to 1000).
Physical Pierce: 80, Fire Pierce: 40, Divine Favor: 35

(snip)

PVP: I have done and do but not often. I got up to Earl in the Battle ranks back when I used to play. I'm only up to Captain in the War ranks.
Guild Battles: Not since I started playing again. I'm a level 400 minnow now, with players up in the thousands.
I'm currently in a guild with just a few friends that are new to the game, so we haven't been able to do any guild stuff yet.
I don't want to join a bigger guild until I can properly pull my weight and contribute.

Of the four you mentioned, here's my take:

The Butcher-
Butcher will only be useful in GBs, and only when you have more health. Right now you can be brought down in a GB with only 2 or 3 strong hits, which won't give you much time to enjoy the Butcher's ability. Once you're dead, his power ends too. With my combined base health, health rune and hero powers my GB health is around 13,500. You don't need to be that high to use the Butcher, but you probably want to be at least 8000 so that you'll have at least a chance to be alive once someone starts to hit you.
Bogo-
Another one most useful in GBs, though the Water Pierce isn't bad if you don't have any elsewhere. Lots of players use the Vargulis rare gear as their base gear and that comes with a Water Resistance weakness. But if you plan on getting back into GBs, and if you plan on playing Cleric, then this is a great option. As a lower level player, a strong Divine Favor will allow you to boost your defense quickly in a GB, and Bogo can boost DF well. Just be aware that a Rogue can use Intimidate to strip a DF at any time, whether they can beat you or not. And as a Rogue who relishes stealing DFs, it'll happen if your guild meets mine :D
Kanbe-
Kanbe may be the best option if you have little Divine Power elsewhere. His physical and earth pierce is helpful, although most players have earth resistance because it's the one elemental resistance you can buy in the conquest duel shop. A lot of players have negative Earth Resistance if they use the Samael rare gear, so it's hit or miss there. His stats are nice and you can link him to other piercing generals in General Alliance for more pop down the road.
Feredir-
Wind pierce isn't a bad option because all those players that bought Earth Resistance gems in the duel shop now have a wind weakness. If you were thinking long term, you may want to get Feredir but only after you get Kanbe, and link the two together with Annika or another physical pierce general in the lead Alliance spot. But that will only depend on how much you keep PvPing or start to GB.

Get whoever you want, because you're playing the game the way you want to play and that's the best way to have fun. But, if you were looking for other suggestions outside of the four you mentioned, the generals I use the most of that are purchased at the Oracle are:

Daphne- deflects dmg during GBs. She's my default AFK defensive general, paired with a rogue evade general and another deflection general. As someone that loves to GB but is often away during the battles for large stretches of time, she works best for me.
Katherine/Vanathan/Vanir- Any of all of these are good because they boost your Physical Resistance, but in hindsight I have started to link Katherine to other elemental resistance generals like Kendra and Ravendoor. But in today's CA, Pierce and Resistance are pretty important, and if you have good resistance you can help nullify a lot of basic pierce that people get from all the newer rare gear.
Dolomar- I rolled Kang so I have a single-crit heavy alliance. Everyone else would say Barbarus and I'm not one to disagree with them, but either way some kind of MHing option like Maalvus or Barbarus or Dolomar/etc is good. Wouldn't hurt to level up Zarevok either to get a Monster Atk booster too, if you haven't already.

Whatever you do, try to figure out what you want to do and commit to it. It's been detailed here (http://www.castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?79612-NEW-Chromus!-Enrage-and-DF-items!&p=2943326#post2943326)how a really strong, leveled-up alliance of generals can really help you throughout the game, especially MHing. I have a negative attention span in CA and so I spread out my resources on leveling up a lot of different generals but not very many are over lvl 30. Others have committed to a few generals over lvl 50 or higher (some much higher) and see a much greater return from that. But again, you do you and you'll be happy :)

Adebisi
06-03-2016, 02:30 AM
Thank you everyone for your advice! I've been reading it and re-reading it and thinking and thinking more.

I think I'll go for Kanbe this time*, for the Divine improvement.
I was planning on getting 3 of him, plus equipment.
Is there any major benefit to getting it all, (he has 7 pieces), or just go for 3 pieces, (Sunder, Gaia Boots, plus one more), (for the 10% bonus), or just spend the points on other generals?

I was also having thoughts about doing similar with Kaiser too, as I already have 1 of him. Is he worth the effort?

Also, as I'm new to this boosting generals game, (I think it was just the basic 4-ish) back when I used to play but I could be wrong),
What is the best way to do it? Level the general to level 4 before getting the duplicates, or doesn't that matter and just get the 3 together and combine them before levelling? (Is there a difference?)

*I'm guessing the new generals are many months away from release?

Eadwine
06-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Generals start getting big stat jumps at level 20 and then every 5 levels. Imo it doesn't help much to start ranking generals with duplicates until level 20. Don't get more than 3 pieces of equipment for any given general. That will give you the benefit of their best items and the 10% boost. I cannot think of a general who has 4 must have pieces of equipment. Kaiser's backdraft should be on your list, since you already have him and the extra 1% crit chance will pay off. If you got Ellin, back in the day, she is a better "free" monster atk general than Zarevok, her stats being slightly higher and you probably have her equipment/10% bonus. My longtime MH alliance has been Barbarus/Kaiser/Elin all at level 54 now and very effective. Welcome back, good luck and enjoy...

Adebisi
09-12-2016, 05:07 AM
I've been meaning to come back and add to this for a while but keep getting sidetracked.

I want to say a big 'Thank you!' to everyone that offered advice here. I did follow it, and then joined a guild and have since gotten into guild battles too, and then regained my PvP bloodlust and have re-earned all my battle rank points, (I was up to Earl when I played before, and am now on my way to becoming a Duke). :)

...and yes Eadwine, I did find Elin amongst my generals, (I had no memory of purchasing her but I obviously did), but none of her equipment. So she is being levelled, along with several other generals. :D

retribution@gmail
09-13-2016, 01:37 AM
of the 4 you mention:
The Butcher - Useless
Bogo - A little useful if you mass heal but generally useless and ugly
Kanbe - A midling pierce general
Feredir - A midling pierce general

None of these are worth buying...

Now the question at hand is what class do you like to play and what generals do you currently use at what level? And finally what are you looking to achieve that makes you want a new general?

For warrior meekah is a must and one of Jera/Demios/Deinira, damage generals for GB is needed
If you want PVP but don't care about winning GB, get pierce generals like annika or brakus
If your a mage get muse and if your a cleric you have to decide what kind of cleric, a battle cleric or a support cleric..
If your a rogue you want deshara but rogues are not all that great basically middling everything except intimidate which you can be little for

Starphyre77
01-14-2018, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone I’m hoping to get some hero advice. I’m getting back into Castle Age after a considerable hiatus so even though I’m a fairly decent level, I’m more than a bit behind/lost on a lot of things…

I decided to buy the Elin Favor Pack on a whim and was finally trying to decide which Favor Point general to purchase. Unfortunately, I clicked a wrong button and accidentally bought Guinevere without meaning to… Must remember to stay away from Favor Point heroes when really tired…

Anyway, I was actually trying to figure out which general would be best for hitting monsters, but now I’m trying to figure out if my stupid click was good or bad in that regard. I do have about 160 Favor Points left with no intentions of purchasing more. So my question is should I focus on promoting, and leveling up Guinevere, or would it be better to leave her at 1*/level 4 and get another general? Also, if a different general would be better, recommendations on who would be immensely appreciated.

Favor Point heroes I have: (All but Guinevere are at level 4)
Elin 2*
Guinevere (w/Equipment)
Alyzia (w/ 2 Equipment and 1 Guardian)
Evalice (no Equipment)
Illusia

Since the original poster added these stats, figured I should as well.
Energy: 515, Stamina: 433 (Demi prayers go here), Attack: 750 (SP’s going here at the moment), Defense: 515, Health: 185
Physical Pierce: 40 as far as I can tell, Divine Power: 25

I’m at level 312 and before my hiatus managed to get to Baron in Battle Rank, and Lieutenant in War Rank. However, I’m not really interested in PvP at this time. I’m not currently in a guild, but have been looking for one that seems like a good fit.

Thank you. :)

Barathor
01-14-2018, 01:40 PM
Hello Starphyre77, welcome back!

Please let me suggest a good read/tool:
http://www.castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?82546-Things-to-do-in-Castle-Age-Guide
and the wiki:
http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Castle_Age_Wiki
You might find them useful.

Regarding your question, it is a pity that you endend up getting Guinevere. She is quite useful for pvp but not much if you are interested in monster hunting.
You show your chest generals, do you have any favor generals?
Asuming you have none and keeping in mind your 160 fps, my advice would be:
- Purchase 4 copies of Barbarus (favor General) and promote him twice (3 stars). 4x30 = 120 fps.
- Purchase 1 copy of Dolomar (favor General). 1x30 = 30 fps.
- Create an alliance with Barbarus main, 2nd Dolomar, 3rd Elin.
Barbarus will level up just by hunting monsters; you can level Dolomar up questing. Elin is there just for her small improvement, until you find a better replacement. Once all of them are level 24, I would only spend crystals to level Barbarus, at least up to 54.
You will have 10 fps remaining. When you reach 25 you might want to buy Barbarus' Wrathbringer Helm, for the nice +1% Crit.

Starphyre77
01-15-2018, 12:58 AM
Thank you for your input Barathor. :)

You are correct in that I don't have any other favor generals. I was afraid Guinevere was not what I wanted. I just wish I had stopped at one stupid mistake, but nooo, my sleepy brain said "well you're stuck with her might as well get her crap too." Really must remember to stay away from anything favor point related when tired.

One more question, if I may. Since I'm not yet in a guild, I only have 9 Hero crystals from the Treasure Island event. Should I give them all to Barbarus, or split them among the 3?

Romelis
01-15-2018, 10:02 AM
gibe it all to barbie. you ill get more crystals once you join, also the stronger your main general is the more dmg to mosnter you ill do.

also read "high lsi" thread, there are a lot of answers.

dont onverincrease attack and def. i think optimum is about 550 (max being the last increase from feats )
concentrate on energy and stamina, so that you could lvl up constantly and have a lt of stamina to spare.

necessary attack and defence you ill get from item archives that are mostly from monster drops. having more att means you can hit stronger mobs. same with def.

Starphyre77
01-16-2018, 01:36 AM
Thank you, Romelis. :)

My defense isn't high enough to get the last Feat (725), but I know that my stamina really needs work. Would it be more advisable to put the defense on the back-burner and apply both skill points and Demi prayers to stamina, or have the Demi prayer go to defense to get that built up (albeit slowly) as well?

Fadasmax
01-16-2018, 06:55 AM
Energy prayer on Friday
Stamina prayer on Saturday
Rest of days pray what u want to build.

Romelis
01-16-2018, 08:41 AM
you have to kno that you ill have to stop at 725 def and att, so at your lvl i ould stik ith 100 stamina 50 eenrgy batches untill i ould figure out what i want to do. previously (untill few years back) energy was the ****. now, stamina is the ****, but since your lvl is relatively low, you have to lvl up so some energy is needed.

Starphyre77
01-17-2018, 04:55 PM
Thanks again, everyone. I really appreciate your help. :D