PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Item Forging

Granicus
08-17-2015, 10:22 AM
Just finished the Cronus components for the Astaroth Blade and very close to the Thanatos gear as well (opening the Conquest Paths to get prereq items is another story....) so I want to plan ahead to get ready to forge the most logical combinations.

Seems pretty straightforward, Silver Stack, Bronze Stack, Shiny Gem of Piercing/Resistance (delete as appropriate) in that order for as many slots as are available.

Or am I missing something? Is/Are there better combinations available?

thx

AdventurerGR
08-17-2015, 10:51 AM
Do you mean you are looking for combinations to forge to a single item with multiple slots, for example which two gems/ingots to forge on the Astaroth Blade? If so then you are missing that you can't forge both a silver stack and a bronze stack on the same item, as they are both the same type (both are physical ONLY). So the best combination would theoretically be a Silver Stack with a Shining Earth gem. Or you could plan for the current trend in gears created by Vargulis and combine a Silver Piercing Stack and a Water Piercing gem to target people who have water vulnerability from the Vargulis gear, or combine a Silver Resistance Stack and a Fire Resistance gem to offset the Fire Piercing that they get from the Vargulis gear.

Granicus
08-17-2015, 10:39 PM
Do you mean you are looking for combinations to forge to a single item with multiple slots, for example which two gems/ingots to forge on the Astaroth Blade? If so then you are missing that you can't forge both a silver stack and a bronze stack on the same item, as they are both the same type (both are physical ONLY). So the best combination would theoretically be a Silver Stack with a Shining Earth gem. Or you could plan for the current trend in gears created by Vargulis and combine a Silver Piercing Stack and a Water Piercing gem to target people who have water vulnerability from the Vargulis gear, or combine a Silver Resistance Stack and a Fire Resistance gem to offset the Fire Piercing that they get from the Vargulis gear.

Yep, that's what I mean.

I'm not sure why you think Silver and Bronze stacks can't be combined, I've done that on the new Vargulis helm and it seems to work OK. Or does only the higher rated item count or somesuch?

thanks

Sisu
08-18-2015, 03:05 AM
Yep, that's what I mean.

I'm not sure why you think Silver and Bronze stacks can't be combined, I've done that on the new Vargulis helm and it seems to work OK. Or does only the higher rated item count or somesuch?

thanks

Prove it with a picture

Mr.Sir
08-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Silver and Bronze ingots CAN NOT be combined. Your statements, Granicus, are false.

ॐ <Jigz of the Endless> ॐ
08-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Yep, that's what I mean.

thanks

Since one cannot forge a silver stack and a bronze stack. I'm guessing, you have managed to forge Silver and Bronze because your bronze was an ingot, not a stack. An ingot and a stack can be forged, but you cannot forge two stacks.

08-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Since one cannot forge a silver stack and a bronze stack. I'm guessing, you have managed to forge Silver and Bronze because your bronze was an ingot, not a stack. An ingot and a stack can be forged, but you cannot forge two stacks.

.....or vice versa. Silver ingot and bronze stack.
I don't know if Silver is a stack (image is of one), or an ingot (per the description).

08-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Bottom line, silver and bronze can be forged, as long as one is an ingot and the other is a stack. However, I do not know if a bronze ingot and a bronze stack can be forged.

08-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Bottom line, silver and bronze can be forged, as long as one is an ingot and the other is a stack. However, I do not know if a bronze ingot and a bronze stack can be forged.

Sorted> it will allow silver plus bronze stack but not ingot