PDA

View Full Version : Piercing/Resistances vs Players

ocelot60
06-08-2015, 02:26 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/4923bd032fcce92e2382ca8f663167f8.png

Someone attacks me with +10 Water Pierce.
I have +15 Fire Resistance and -70 Water Resistance, this means I have a total of -85 Water Resistance.

This means with +10 Water Pierce from the attacker and -85 Water Resistance the attacker gains a bonus of +95% effective attack?

Am I correct in thinking this?

In addition, is the same true for this scenario?

I have +5 Wind Offense, I attack someone with 0 Wind Resistance, I gain +5% Effective Attack?

Are there any limits? If I had 1000 physical offense and the enemy had 0 would I get 1000% bonus? Or is there a limit?
Also, am I completely wrong with my ideas about bonus percentage attack? How exactly does Piercings/Resistances effect duels/guild battles if I am wrong?

Mursilis
06-08-2015, 02:50 PM
I have +15 Fire Resistance and -70 Water Resistance, this means I have a total of -85 Water Resistance.

I'm sorry but where you are you getting this information from? Why do you think that +15 Fire Resistance is equal to -15 Water Resistance?

ocelot60
06-08-2015, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry but where you are you getting this information from? Why do you think that +15 Fire Resistance is equal to -15 Water Resistance?

I read that directly from the Piercing/Resistances wikia page.
http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Piercing_and_Resistance
"Fire Resistance operates as a negative Water Resistance when your opponent is using Water Offense."

See? Not even moderators understand this crazy system! :(

Also, so I read up about it, my percentages are wrong by a factor of 10, so it'd only be a 9.5% boost, I guess? I don't even know.

Chaos
06-08-2015, 03:30 PM
The -70 water resistance shown is your total water resistance, and includes any negative water effect from equipping a fire resistance gem, (assuming that's what you're using). Some items give a negative number to opposing elements, others do not.

For example, adding a water defence general like Kendra to your equipped alliance can increase your total water resistance, (and your physical resistance), reducing the negative water number without decreasing your fire resistance.

Also, the formula is believed to be 1% to e-attack for every 10 pierce. So the +5 wind offence should only add .5%, (half of 1%), not 5% to your effective attack. Likewise, the 1000 physical pierce would add 100%, not 1000%.

As for limits, we are limited by the number of gem slots on an equipment, (can't forge doubles of the same type of gem on one item), the amount elemental general abilities gain per level, and equipped element items with a set number, (such as the Assassins Greaves).

justforfun
06-08-2015, 03:44 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/4923bd032fcce92e2382ca8f663167f8.png

This means with +10 Water Pierce from the attacker and -85 Water Resistance the attacker gains a bonus of +95% effective attack?

Am I correct in thinking this?

In addition, is the same true for this scenario?

I have +5 Wind Offense, I attack someone with 0 Wind Resistance, I gain +5% Effective Attack?

Are there any limits? If I had 1000 physical offense and the enemy had 0 would I get 1000% bonus? Or is there a limit?
Also, am I completely wrong with my ideas about bonus percentage attack? How exactly does Piercings/Resistances effect duels/guild battles if I am wrong?
I wonder how you get that +5% eAtk from only 5 wind pierce, you know 10 pierce = 1% right?

I read that directly from the Piercing/Resistances wikia page.
http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Piercing_and_Resistance
"Fire Resistance operates as a negative Water Resistance when your opponent is using Water Offense."

See? Not even moderators understand this crazy system! :(

Also, so I read up about it, my percentages are wrong by a factor of 10, so it'd only be a 9.5% boost, I guess? I don't even know.
Sorry to tell you but mods are not devs, and only the devs who implemented that system understand that system fully

And I think that part you have just read is one of the few wrong info on that page, that page looks heretic to me, I am not surprised if there is any wrong statement there
Read the info given by Padaxan for correct info on the elemental system
http://www.castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?77064-The-Elemental-System-Info

Mursilis
06-08-2015, 04:06 PM
I wonder how you get that +5% eAtk from only 5 wind pierce, you know 10 pierce = 1% right?

Sorry to tell you but mods are not devs, and only the devs who implemented that system understand that system fully

And I think that part you have just read is one of the few wrong info on that page, that page looks heretic to me, I am not surprised if there is any wrong statement there
Read the info given by Padaxan for correct info on the elemental system
http://www.castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?77064-The-Elemental-System-Info

Right, this information provided by the devs is what I base my knowledge of the elemental system off of. No where do they talk about cross-elemental impact. I have seen a few people on the forums talk about it, but normally in jest. I didn't think that got transferred to the Wikia. I have a feeling someone is having fun with the player base with that edit.

Chaos
06-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Right, this information provided by the devs is what I base my knowledge of the elemental system off of. No where do they talk about cross-elemental impact. I have seen a few people on the forums talk about it, but normally in jest. I didn't think that got transferred to the Wikia. I have a feeling someone is having fun with the player base with that edit.

Could just be old info from when gems were the main source. I know their equal positive and negative effects lead to a lot of confusion on my part. I was actually scared of getting Feredir early on, because I thought every wind pierce he gained would weaken my fire output by the same amount. Seems foolish looking back, but at the time those gems were all I had dealt with, and I thought that's how the whole element system worked.lol :rolleyes:

AdventurerGR
06-10-2015, 10:05 AM
No, that means you have -70 Water Resistance. That part from the wikia you mentioned is outdated.

This means with +10 Water Pierce from the attacker and -85 -70 Water Resistance the attacker gains a bonus of +95% +80% effective attack?
+8% as you correctly pointed out yourself.

+0.5% , yup

Noone can say for sure, it's pretty impossible to verify something like that, but it is a safe assumption that there is no limit we can reach.