PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on MH gen alliance - Thanks

Dokkōdō
03-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Currently this is my MH gens alliance: Barbarus L54 3* + Kaiser L54 4* + Maalvus L55 1*

I am looking to replace Maalvus with another general in the alliance. I have the following generals choice in my keep but not sure which one would benefit the most. Obviously, crystals and potions are scarce resources and therefore, I would like to make use of the third general for a long time.

Orc King L45
Dolomar L9
Kang L32
Slayer L1
Vancy L1

I don't plan to roll chest to promote OK or Vancy. So the likelihood of having stars on them for extra boost is remote. Additionally, Vancy is a tier 11 general compare to Sahar tier 9, meaning take way longer to level up for marginal benefit.

As for crit generals, it is now seems to be a bad choice to level up Kang; I could only hope that Kang will get some sort of ability in the future. For now, it is sunk cost. That leave Dolomar and Slayer. Slayer is faster to level up but in the long run Dolomar will be better. But do I really need another crit general? It would have to lead as in the Master gen position to be beneficial. Unfortunately, Barbarus 3x ability does not work in the rear position to save energy on healing.

I look at MAtk general from Oracle and the obvious choice would be: Sahar. If I get Sahar I would try to eventually get her to L54. I am just not sure what an additional +1760 attack (1 star L54 Sahar) would do for me in monster dmg. My combine attack from stat + IA + rune is already over 10k. How much more could Sahar help in monster dmg? marginally?

I try to model after Elandal's MH general alliance, but I think he has: Barbarus + OK + Maalvus, mostly b/c those are his high level, high stat generals.

I am stuck on red crystals to move Barbarus or Kaiser beyond L54. I get at most 5 red crystals per week, sometime none at all, despite stamina refills on red crystal days. And yes, my red crystals drop is just that lucky, as lucky as some of you have with your rats' drop rate for rats' marks. It will be a year before I could see Barbarus and Kaiser move pass level 54. :(

Any advice what general I should work on next? Are any of you in similar situation?

AdventurerGR
03-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Currently this is my MH gens alliance: Barbarus L54 3* + Kaiser L54 4* + Maalvus L55 1*
Is that the order you have them in? If so that is very ineffective as Maalvus is contributing nothing as part of that alliance besides his stats. When both links have an ability (in this case the +crit% chance) that the main general doesn't have, only the highest of the bonuses gets passed over to him, in this case Kaiser's. So instead of replacing any of the three, you could just them in the order Maalvus / Kaiser / Barbarus. That will be a very strong alliance right there.

As for your question about Sahar, it depends only on what your attack score is (raw + ia + runes). If it is, say, over5k then you'll only get a marginal increase through Sahar.

Dokkōdō
03-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Is that the order you have them in? If so that is very ineffective as Maalvus is contributing nothing as part of that alliance besides his stats. When both links have an ability (in this case the +crit% chance) that the main general doesn't have, only the highest of the bonuses gets passed over to him, in this case Kaiser's. So instead of replacing any of the three, you could just them in the order Maalvus / Kaiser / Barbarus. That will be a very strong alliance right there.

As for your question about Sahar, it depends only on what your attack score is (raw + ia + runes). If it is, say, over5k then you'll only get a marginal increase through Sahar.

1. If Maalvus lead the alliance, the combined crit from him & from Kaiser as 2nd gens is actually smaller than leaving him in the rear. Additionally, the overall stat would be lower as well.

Barbarus + Kaiser + Maalvus = 737/496, 16.48% crit + 1% crit from helm
Maalvus + Kaiser + Barbarus = 593/460, 14.88% crit + 2% crit from pendant

The reason for lower crit with Maalvus at the front is because you only get 50% of the crit benefit from Kaiser. Whereas, Barbarus in the front, you get 100% benefit of Kaiser's crit.

2. I stated in my post that my atk stat/ia/rune > 10k. So I guess Sahar will not do anytihng for me, per your answer.

I really wish the devs would allow PA gen ability to work in the rear, it would open up to so much more possibilities.

AdventurerGR
03-25-2015, 09:46 PM
The reason for lower crit with Maalvus at the front is because you only get 50% of the crit benefit from Kaiser. Whereas, Barbarus in the front, you get 100% benefit of Kaiser's crit.You also get 100% the crit benefit from Maalvus :p What I hadn't realised is that 4* Kaiser has that much of a greater crit% chance than 1* Maalvus of a (marginally) higher level, even with the pendant. Now I see why you want to change Maalvus... frankly I don't see anyone actually benefitting you at this point (save perhaps for a general with an elemental piercing / resistance that would be useful for a monster you are hunting and which you don't have readily available).

2. I stated in my post that my atk stat/ia/rune > 10k. So I guess Sahar will not do anytihng for me, per your answer.Ah, sorry, I missed that. Yup, Sahar won't do you much good.

Zuko_Raziel
03-25-2015, 09:48 PM
I would choose someone different from the list you gave, but from those on your list I would say Vancy is your best option since he adds increased Attack to your monster hunting so you can get higher over the breakpoint.

I would choose Zarevok because Zarevok is the easiest to level up. You could also go with Therian in oracle generals so you could promote him, which Zarevok can't currently get. But yeah, I like your combination except for the fact you have no Max Attack Monster Hunting general in it. Mine I'm working on currently is Barbarus/Dolomar/Zarevok. Dolomar is level 46/51 (just need to level up). Zarevok is level 40/42 (just need to get materials to get him to 54, then Conquest Path potions do the rest) and I only recently got Barbarus and his equipment in the last promo, so he's level 1/4.

Dokkōdō
03-25-2015, 10:22 PM
You also get 100% the crit benefit from Maalvus :p What I hadn't realised is that 4* Kaiser has that much of a greater crit% chance than 1* Maalvus of a (marginally) higher level, even with the pendant. Now I see why you want to change Maalvus... frankly I don't see anyone actually benefitting you at this point (save perhaps for a general with an elemental piercing / resistance that would be useful for a monster you are hunting and which you don't have readily available).

Ah, sorry, I missed that. Yup, Sahar won't do you much good.

Yes, I have different elemental piercing via different loadout, using either from gems forge to gears, or generals such as Gale or Bogo, etc. when need to.

I would choose someone different from the list you gave, but from those on your list I would say Vancy is your best option since he adds increased Attack to your monster hunting so you can get higher over the breakpoint.

I would choose Zarevok because Zarevok is the easiest to level up. You could also go with Therian in oracle generals so you could promote him, which Zarevok can't currently get. But yeah, I like your combination except for the fact you have no Max Attack Monster Hunting general in it. Mine I'm working on currently is Barbarus/Dolomar/Zarevok. Dolomar is level 46/51 (just need to level up). Zarevok is level 40/42 (just need to get materials to get him to 54, then Conquest Path potions do the rest) and I only recently got Barbarus and his equipment in the last promo, so he's level 1/4.

Per discussion with AdventurerGR's posts above, I doubt any MAtk general will help me much since my atk stat > 10k.

Zuko_Raziel
03-25-2015, 10:52 PM
Hmm....so no max attack generals. You have a moderate crit general there (Kaiser). Barbarus of course for his 3x attack and monster damage bonus. And you don't want to chest roll.

Looking at the monster damage and breakpoint graph on the wikia, I think I can estimate that using a Monster Attack general like zarevok at leel 54 would net you around 17500-35000 extra damage per 50 stamina swing on any monster.

You already have the elemental bonuses you need.....

I think your best bet is to level up Dolomar. He has a higher crit% than Kaiser. You can then use Dolomar as your lead, Kaiser to follow for the ~3% extra crit % and then Barbarus. You won't be able to do 3x attacks anymore but a crit general in first and second alliance spots is the only way you can maximize the attack for this alliance without chest rolling

Even if you did chest roll, the only thing you'd want is just Kang (crit%) or Malekus, for the stats again.....

thomasj8
03-25-2015, 11:20 PM
I think your best bet is to level up Dolomar. He has a higher crit% than Kaiser. You can then use Dolomar as your lead, Kaiser to follow for the ~3% extra crit % and then Barbarus. You won't be able to do 3x attacks anymore but a crit general in first and second alliance spots is the only way you can maximize the attack for this alliance without chest rolling

To me it depends on what you are hunting. The question is whether Barbie's +DMG is better or +CRIT is better. I suspect that since Tn is a cannon +CRIT is better on all monsters. For a defensive build like me, I believe Barbie is better for hunting monsters where 93M-103M in damage are needed to secure a Legendary. My Barbie is at +17.7 DMG, allied with a crit general and a mAtt general and it is rocking for hunting Legendary loot in Thanatos and Astaroth.

Dokkōdō
03-26-2015, 12:42 AM
To me it depends on what you are hunting. The question is whether Barbie's +DMG is better or +CRIT is better. I suspect that since Tn is a cannon +CRIT is better on all monsters. For a defensive build like me, I believe Barbie is better for hunting monsters where 93M-103M in damage are needed to secure a Legendary. My Barbie is at +17.7 DMG, allied with a crit general and a mAtt general and it is rocking for hunting Legendary loot in Thanatos and Astaroth.

Your Barbarus is at 17.7% extra dmg? :eek: What level is he and how many star did you promote him? I am looking at Wiki, at estimate he only go to 17% L80.

El Derbo
03-26-2015, 02:26 AM
I'll toss out what I use and then comment.

Lvl 69 Barbarus 5*+Lvl 54 Deianira+Lvl 26 Slayer 3*, plus all of Barbarus' gear.
1486/899, +19.2% Dmg, +9.3% crit.

Deianira is in there purely for stats as she's my next highest level aggressive general. I'm using Slayer because 1) I already had him because he's in IA and he's the only +crit general I have, and 2) He's much easier to level than Dolomar. I'm currently working on leveling Slayer and I do intend to eventually promote him to 5*. Dolomar would give me a bigger bonus than Slayer, of course, but he'd also cost me significantly more and I decided he wasn't worth the extra investment. I also intend to eventually level Barbarus all the way to 80, but crystals are a precious resource and I'm getting a bigger benefit using them on Slayer for now.

Chest generals are not a consideration for me at this point. My total attack is only 4719, but that's a decent amount above the breakpoints for every monster and I'm putting most of my SP into attack at this point so I decided not to bother with +mAtt generals. At your attack level +mAtt will be a marginal increase in damage at best. I'm currently hunting rats mostly and with this set up I'm hitting anywhere from about 3.2 mil to 3.7 mil per 3x50 stam hit. On lower breakpoint monsters I'm hitting for over 4 mil per 3x50 hit once he's powered up so I would still see some benefit to a +mAtt general, but not long term. I'm also hunting with 4 pieces of hunter gear so I'm hitting for crits fairly regularly.

So anyway, I'd suggest sticking with Barbarus and Kaiser and then add in whatever your next general is with the highest attack stat (or if you want to go through the trouble, swap out the 3rd general with an elemental general as needed.) Using Barbarus as the master there's no real point to invest in more than 1 +crit general and you're already heavily invested into Kaiser. +mAtt won't really help you at all because of DR, but since DR doesn't affect general stats (as far as we know anyway), the higher you can push Barbarus' attack the better off you'll be.

Zuko_Raziel
03-26-2015, 03:29 AM
I just realized the only other general you could use to boost your MH skills while having Barbarus as the lead.

Caine: +3% Damage in exchange for Gold

He'll give just as much boost to your stats as Maalvus I imagine but at least with him you get a flat 3% increase along with stats instead of nothing like what Maalvus is giving you right now. And who knows, his boost might increase with promotion or idk

Dokkōdō
03-26-2015, 03:43 AM
I just realized the only other general you could use to boost your MH skills while having Barbarus as the lead.

Caine: +3% Damage in exchange for Gold

He'll give just as much boost to your stats as Maalvus I imagine but at least with him you get a flat 3% increase along with stats instead of nothing like what Maalvus is giving you right now. And who knows, his boost might increase with promotion or idk

You know, you make a very good point. I totally forgot all about Caine.
I don't have Caine but will consider him. Lol, now gold will be useful again :D
Has anyone determine if Caine's ability grow more than 3% after certain level?
And does Caine get 100% of his ability added to Barbarus alliance or only partially?
I ask this b/c Barbarus's and Caine's abilities are similar, both give additional dmg, though Cain use gold for it.

Malb
03-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Cain ability doens't improve after level 4.

I just test to add cain in the third place like this : barb / dolomar / cain . barbi get 100% of Cain ability.
And if you put Cain in the first place like this Cain / barb / dolomar Cain get 100% of the two other ability.

Big Dog
03-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Your alliances look good, only other reasonable options are Orc king as main then barb/crit gen (5x hits no additional bonus to crit tho energy savings and occasional 1hit rats :D ) ,or use your main battle gen then barb/crit gen, (more energy ,small steady xp benefit) I feel your pain with kang ...so many potions ... If by chance you're not 1000stam maybe a loadout with solara as main for refills.

Jim[Gr]
03-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Caine's ability lvl 6 24 24 7,500 +3% Damage for 400k gold / Stamina.
Does that mean that someone is getting 3% more damage overall for about 400m gold per 1000 stamina? Am i interpreting it correctly?

CastleAgeBrock
03-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Monster Hunting is blerrgh. "Ooooo lets fight the same crazy strong monsters for months at a time to get crazy gear that will be out of date by the time we finish it only to have to fight newer stronger monsters with stronger gear with the idea that at some point we will actually fight other players 1 on 1 once in a blue freaking moon except no all PvP is in guild battles now because god forbid there be any solo content outside of questing in the game yadda yadda yadda." This post is irrelephant. Monster Hunting is unbearable. And I ain't lion.

wraith
03-26-2015, 03:49 PM
Given the lack of a good option for general #3, I think it may still be viable to consider +MAtt.

Hitting a monster with full health each time, I was getting close to 5% boost in damage when I raised Attack from 7.2k (Halcyon) to 9k (Malekus), with Halcyon having higher stats than Malekus. Understandably, you have 10k+ Att but it might still be possible for Sahar (or other MAtt) generals to still contribute 3%+ damage if you so choose to raise them.

Eldarim
03-26-2015, 06:14 PM
do you own corv/aurelius or azeron? both make great choices as number 3 gens in alliance.dependig on your raw defense and health, corvy/aurelius may boost your defense stat significantly. reaching def-breakpoints saves energy. i am mostly use azeron as number 3. 0,5 stam per hero owned are 60 stam (at least for me). depending on your own stam, that coul be a hughe difference .. or not, but 60 stam are 60 stam. more than most gens could offer at this position.

both abilities wont increase past lvl 4, but leveling one gen for the 3 spot in a alliance isnt something high up my priority list. i need all the xp gained for the number one...

Dokkōdō
03-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Cain ability doens't improve after level 4.

I just test to add cain in the third place like this : barb / dolomar / cain . barbi get 100% of Cain ability.
And if you put Cain in the first place like this Cain / barb / dolomar Cain get 100% of the two other ability.

Thank you for this info. Cain would be more useful if the devs decide to update his ability to scale to his level. For now 3% is nice but considering crystals resources for other gens would make Cain less of a priority.

;2896252']Caine's ability lvl 6 24 24 7,500 +3% Damage for 400k gold / Stamina.
Does that mean that someone is getting 3% more damage overall for about 400m gold per 1000 stamina? Am i interpreting it correctly?

Yes Jim, that is exactly how it work.

Monster Hunting is blerrgh...This post is irrelephant. Monster Hunting is unbearable. And I ain't lion.

ok mr. badger. i got your point; you dont like monster hunting...lol...that is fine but there are others who do enjoy that part of the game just as much as the pvp/gb side.

Given the lack of a good option for general #3, I think it may still be viable to consider +MAtt.

Hitting a monster with full health each time, I was getting close to 5% boost in damage when I raised Attack from 7.2k (Halcyon) to 9k (Malekus), with Halcyon having higher stats than Malekus. Understandably, you have 10k+ Att but it might still be possible for Sahar (or other MAtt) generals to still contribute 3%+ damage if you so choose to raise them.

Thanks Wraith. I know you are a pure canon build so your insight is helpful and appreciated.

do you own corv/aurelius or azeron...

unfortunately, no i dont have the gens you mention atm.

Sisu
03-27-2015, 01:37 AM
The simple and effective monster hunter alliance: all 3 generals must be aggressive so that General attack is highest. Promote all to 5. Only soend resources on those 3 generals. One of those 3 must be Dolomor. That's it. I would suggest the other two be one that has pierce for pvp, while the other is good for gvg. This makes your game play balanced.

stevegamer
03-27-2015, 07:10 AM
I currently am using a similar setup:

Barbarus - Dolomar - (floater)

I have Maalvus leveled up (not as far as you). My last slot floats between an Elemental offense general (Brakus preferred, as he is highest level) or a +MAtk general if I really need it.

-WZ-
03-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Maalvus requires the pendant to be equipped for the full 2% bonus ( = no Hunter pendant )
Barby does not require his helm to be equipped ( = can still use Hunter helm )

Decision chart :
Do you have enough Attack to reach all breakpoints without a Monster Attack gen?
--- Yes -> Do you have Orc King?
------ Yes -> Orc King / You Best Crit Gen / Barbarus
------ No -> Do you already have a strong/high level Maalvus?
--------- Yes -> Maalvus / Your Best Crit Gen / Barbarus
--------- No -> Barbarus / Your Best Crit Gen / A Monster Attack Gen
--- No -> Do you have Orc King?
------ Yes -> Orc King / Barbarus / A Monster Attack Gen
------ No -> Barbarus / Your Best Crit Gen / A Monster Attack Gen

FAQ :
I don't already have a strong Maalvus, but I will start one
-> Not worth it, with him in the lead you lose 50% of Your Best Crit Gen's crit
-> Just have Barby lead the alliance & use the resources to level him or one of the other 2 gens

I don't care about Power Attacks I just want as much Attack / Crit as I can get
-> Does not compute, I cannot help you

Elandal
03-27-2015, 11:31 AM

The amulet gives +1% crit to Maalvus. Just the same as helm gives +1% crit to Barbarus. These are properties of the generals, not properties of the items. You can find these bonuses in the General Select page, when the general is selected, by checking items listed for the general.

The amulet also gives +1% when equipped, regardless of general. That's property of the item. That +1% crit is just the same as +1% crit from Dragonslayer Amulet. The stats are a bit better, so you probably use it when you use Barbarus, just as well when you use Maalvus. In both cases, +1% crit.

kirk013
03-27-2015, 02:50 PM
I prefer sorkan, Annika, kang sorkans ability stays on the rise. Annika has great stats and piercing helps with a lot of current monsters. Two star kang snags critical hit pretty often. I haven't dabbled with Orc king, or barbie as of yet though. Having a general to boost your monster attck seems crucial to me regardless of your stats. My sorkan boosts my monster ATT just shy of 2k can't go wrong there

Dokkōdō
03-27-2015, 07:01 PM
The amulet gives +1% crit to Maalvus. Just the same as helm gives +1% crit to Barbarus. These are properties of the generals, not properties of the items. You can find these bonuses in the General Select page, when the general is selected, by checking items listed for the general.

The amulet also gives +1% when equipped, regardless of general. That's property of the item. That +1% crit is just the same as +1% crit from Dragonslayer Amulet. The stats are a bit better, so you probably use it when you use Barbarus, just as well when you use Maalvus. In both cases, +1% crit.

You are right. In which case, it makes even more sense that Barbarus lead the alliance and not Maalvus.

pereira325
03-31-2015, 11:07 AM
Best I think is always barbarus-dolomar-sahar... best of all worlds

VolBeat
04-01-2015, 06:59 AM
This is my monster hunter alliance :
Sahar level 59 (5*) + Sorkan level 50 (5*) + Kang level 25
Sahar stats = 1343 atk / 874 defense
Sahar abilities = +2991 monster attack +9.48 critical chance

With this alliance i'll actually do 1M damages per 50 stam attacks on rats

I also used an other alliance :
Orc King level 32 + Kang level 25 + Sahar level 59 (5*)
Orc king stats = 375 atk / 258 def
Orc King abilities = 5x power attack / +7.57 critical chance / + 2450 monster attack
Why I only got 25% of Kang abilitie ? I think i was 50% ? I got 5.2% critical chance from Orc King + (9.48%/4) from Kang = 7.57 -_-
You right now it's more usefull to level Dolomar than Kang it's easier and we can get 5* with less costs than Kang.

I hope this can help you on your choice

Dokkōdō
04-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Update: I was going to retired Kang, since he requires a lot of energy/stamina/potions to level up compare to other crit generals available. Just as I put Kang aside, I got another copy of Kang from 1 of the 2 free chest rolls came with promo pack. So now, my Kang L32 got promoted to 2 stars; he still not as good as Kaiser L54 5 stars, but there might be hope for him in the future.

And just out of curiosity, which Oracle chest that is now most useful to you all, considering the change in general promotion strategy.

Sisu
04-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Update: I was going to retired Kang, since he requires a lot of energy/stamina/potions to level up compare to other crit generals available. Just as I put Kang aside, I got another copy of Kang from 1 of the 2 free chest rolls came with promo pack. So now, my Kang L32 got promoted to 2 stars; he still not as good as Kaiser L54 5 stars, but there might be hope for him in the future.

And just out of curiosity, which Oracle chest that is now most useful to you all, considering the change in general promotion strategy.

The resource cost to level Kang is not worth it.

No chest is worth rolling, unless you want ia. I say this because General stats are a huge deal in monster hunting and well, everything! The only chest General I see redeeming is amon for his sunder. But the other generals in that chest are meh. You're brst sticking to just oracle generals as their benefit far exceeds the cost when compared to chest generals.

This is coming from someone with multiple 4 star epic chest generals, with almost all chest generals.

Dokkōdō
04-02-2015, 03:00 AM
The resource cost to level Kang is not worth it.

No chest is worth rolling, unless you want ia. I say this because General stats are a huge deal in monster hunting and well, everything! The only chest General I see redeeming is amon for his sunder. But the other generals in that chest are meh. You're brst sticking to just oracle generals as their benefit far exceeds the cost when compared to chest generals.

This is coming from someone with multiple 4 star epic chest generals, with almost all chest generals.

Yes, I agree that epic chest gens are a pain to level up for marginal benefit. I am not spending FPs to roll for chest at this point; just the free chest rolls that came with promo pack.

Amon's Sunder ability is nice but not really effective until you get him to L50+ or higher.

I hope they will will give some sort of upgrade to epic chest gens in the future to make them worthwhile to level up.

El Derbo
04-02-2015, 10:43 PM

That hasn't changed for me with promotions. It was Barbarus before and it's Barbarus now, just even more so. Slayer isn't behind, though, and Daphne just behind Slayer.

AdventurerGR
04-04-2015, 02:11 AM
That hasn't changed for me with promotions. It was Barbarus before and it's Barbarus now, just even more so. Slayer isn't behind, though, and Daphne just behind Slayer.
He actually asked which "chest" is now more worthy :p

El Derbo
04-04-2015, 02:27 AM
He actually asked which "chest" is now more worthy :p

And so he did. lol. I even quoted it.

In that case, it's none of them since I refuse to roll any ever again except off "free" rolls.

Dokkōdō
04-04-2015, 03:32 PM
And so he did. lol. I even quoted it.

In that case, it's none of them since I refuse to roll any ever again except off "free" rolls.

I am pretty much the same. Hence, my question again was, which chest is now most useful to roll, using your "free rolls" or future free rolls when they re-release the demi feature again.

Kira (BFCEAD)
04-04-2015, 06:48 PM
I can't even get the crystals to level up WITH! All I ever get are the 'cursed' replies from the lady.

:(

Add me to army: BFCEAD

Fat CaT
04-05-2015, 04:58 AM
I can't even get the crystals to level up WITH! All I ever get are the 'cursed' replies from the lady.

Join our guild. I can't promise you hero crystals on a daily basis, but you can get at least 3 per week.
And blue crystals,too, all while building up your guardian path.

Anyway, if and when you start gaining crystals, don't waste them unnecessarily. Make sure the general that you're going to upgrade is really worth it.

Eldarim
04-05-2015, 08:34 AM

look out for a more established guild. at guild lvl 4 you wont see that much crystals no matter what color.

btw ... i settled for the most obviouse choice of barbarus, dolomar, sahar.

one hell of a combo...

Sisu
04-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Barbi is awesome unless you're attacking thanatos reborn. His bonus doesn't count there.

Elandal
04-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Barbi is awesome unless you're attacking thanatos reborn. His bonus doesn't count there.

Certainly does. Or at least did a while ago when I was finishing my armour…

thexbob
04-06-2015, 06:51 PM
yep Barbie/Dolomar/Sahar.

The order here can matter based on stats, especially as a person works on moving Barbarus up to the top general in the alliance. Healing costs are low. It is not worth saving the energy healing if you are chopping your monster damage down by a significant margin. For me, a 1% drop is too much. For others, it might be as high as 20% or 30%, idk.

The big exception to using these three generals is having invested significant resources in other generals. My alliance is Sahar80/Sorkan69/Maalvus54. It would take me longer to gather the crystals needed to promote dolomar or barbarus to level 69 than to finish every monster legendary there currently is. I already have all the elite hunter gear. SO, I'm probably going to work towards pushing Sorkan to level 80 next; it is cheaper for me to take dolomar to level 54 than to get maalvus an equivalent bonus, but I plan to level Sorkan more before working towards a 5% critical bonus that it will take me a long time to reap the benefits of. 330 FPs is a LOT of refills, so getting a 5 star third link doesn't seem wise either. In other words, it is far more costly for me to pursue an optimal alliance than to play long term with an excellent though sub optimal alliance.

To be clear: General stats on the first two links in an alliance are most important. Do not underestimate the value of promoting your primary aggressive general to level 55, even if it seems very expensive. I pushed Sahar to level 80, and now with a fire gem and the arena bonus and two triple criticals, I have managed to do 15million damage to Rodenom with 150 stamina. And having 5star Sahar/Sorkan 1-2 is allowing me to be very effective in guild battles as well.

SO it is an awesome time to be working on monster rewards you may have skipped in the past, or even to start playing this game as a monster hunter. Promoted generals will allow you to make alchemies at a fraction of the stamina cost paid by players who completed those before promotions, not to mention those who completed them while general stats were capped at level 4 (the latter is the era in which the Death Rats were introduced).

Dokkōdō
04-06-2015, 08:01 PM

I am still killing Thanatos and Barbie bonus work fine for me. Not sure why you think it does not.

Splarticus
04-08-2015, 05:05 AM
Remember general experience cost! Usually general experience will be the bottleneck, not crystals, and Barbie/Kaiser/Zarevok (BKZ) will do better damage than Barbie/Dolomar/Sahar (BDS) at every experience point level until maxed out. Even then, at level 54/54/54, the BKZ combo will save you 10.5m general experience for a just missing 2% crit and 240 monster attack vs. BDS. 10m general experience will level almost any general up to 54, so you get a free level 54 general with the BKZ combo.

BKZ for the win.

Eldarim
04-08-2015, 09:43 AM
general experience cost may count in the short term. but this game is isnt designed to be a short term game... you are right kaiser and zarevok are easier to lvl, but both offer lesser stats and lesser abilities in the long run. kang isnt worse than dolomar, because he is a pain in the ass to lvl up ... he is because its impossible to upgrade him to 5* without some serious investment. zarevok wont be a 5*star gen anytime soon, if ever. kaiser will ... but why spend 360 fp on a inferior gen? barbie, dolomar, sahar is the best longtime option ... with one exception. if you rate crit more than mAtt and dont plan to use barbie as the number one gen in the alliance, sorkan will be better than sahar. sorkan offers +2 % crit as equipped gen (if you have optained his spell), while barbie has just 1 % thru his helmet.

kang senti
04-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Any advice which defensive MH useful in cp for critical % in latest monster hunting strategy? Say cronus astaroth. I believe this will be the trend for future monsters.

Sisu
04-08-2015, 01:16 PM
I am still killing Thanatos and Barbie bonus work fine for me. Not sure why you think it does not.

For cronus sorry. Had my monsters mixed up! Barbi adds to damage to kill, but not damage points to get legendary crafting items. Last I checked, which was A few months ago.

pereira325
04-08-2015, 04:20 PM
100% agree with Edlarim.
Splarticus your point is completely valid but remember you only intend to have one MH alliance really. Why waste time on another one in the future?
It's like building a computer and not putting a power supply unit with a high enough voltage. Eventually later on your power demands will exceed the max voltage, and you would have to buy a new better one, else you're slightly limited. Assume one day we will get lvl 80 generals. I'd rather have the 5* barb/dolomar/sahar combo a year later than the barb/kaiser/zaverok

Dokkōdō
04-08-2015, 06:42 PM
100% agree with Edlarim.
Splarticus your point is completely valid but remember you only intend to have one MH alliance really. Why waste time on another one in the future?
It's like building a computer and not putting a power supply unit with a high enough voltage. Eventually later on your power demands will exceed the max voltage, and you would have to buy a new better one, else you're slightly limited. Assume one day we will get lvl 80 generals. I'd rather have the 5* barb/dolomar/sahar combo a year later than the barb/kaiser/zaverok

Both side of the arguments have valid points.

Yes, Dolomar is a better option than Kaiser as a long term general investment, with higher stat and crit ability. This would be the route to go, IF that is the only general alliance you plan to upgrade. However, there are many other generals and alliance that others might find of interests to work on as well, i.e. offensive/piercing & defensive/resistance general alliance, or GB general alliance, etc.

If one has unlimited $$$ and resources (crystals, potions, refills for stamina/energy, etc), then it make sense to pick the best possible choice and invested on that one. However, not everyone has that kind of spending power, not everyone is on the same budget. Therefore, you have prioritize and try not to put everything in 1 basket. I think that is what Splarticus was saying.

Again, there really is no wrong answer here. This is all good discussion and each individual can draw out the best advice/comment from this thread to help his/her need depending on each individual goals and situation. :)

Elandal
04-08-2015, 06:50 PM
If your limiting factor is general experience, then leveling the slightly lower ability generals works well.
If your limiting factor are the crystals (Hero Crystals, coloured Evo crystals), then you want highest ability for a given level.

El Derbo
04-09-2015, 02:30 AM
For cronus sorry. Had my monsters mixed up! Barbi adds to damage to kill, but not damage points to get legendary crafting items. Last I checked, which was A few months ago.

That may be, but it doesn't really matter. You only need like 38 mil CP to qualify for legendary and ~100 mil dmg to guarantee it. I pretty much only use Barbarus and by the time I reach that 100 mil mark I'm usually over 90 mil CP anyway.

Shaw69
04-10-2015, 03:48 AM
I've been using Orc king/ Kang/Barb, which seems to be almost exactly what the guy with the flow chart said :D

Batw
04-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Remember general experience cost! Usually general experience will be the bottleneck, not crystals, and Barbie/Kaiser/Zarevok (BKZ) will do better damage than Barbie/Dolomar/Sahar (BDS) at every experience point level until maxed out. Even then, at level 54/54/54, the BKZ combo will save you 10.5m general experience for a just missing 2% crit and 240 monster attack vs. BDS. 10m general experience will level almost any general up to 54, so you get a free level 54 general with the BKZ combo.

BKZ for the win.

General experience costs can be negated, offset, reduced, etc by potions. Each potion is good for up to 85,000 XP.

In this game, you either hit for (green or red) crystals or hit for (red, blue or green) hero potions. So planning when to level up is important since you have 2 days for either green or red crystals but only one day for a specific potion each week, respectively.

Some generals are much harder to level based on XP, which is why I recommend stockpiling your potions in the case you want to level a general to lvl 55. Then you have people like AdventererGR calling me a troll for recommending players stockpile potions. For example, I once had over 80 red potions but that was barely enough to get Jera to level 45, which is less than my original goal of lvl 55.

In summary, if you want to level a general to level 55, start hitting for potions and stockpile those potions.

Da Wimsta
04-11-2015, 06:13 AM
It is a fun question to ask, and obviously there is no obvious answer.

Let me just pose this detail, which I know I've mentioned in other threads before8104 but this is my best monster hunting alliance.

I wish I could give a breakdown on it, but but generals' stats make a huge difference.

Its ironic, the chest general nerf has actually left me using Jera for monster hunting and not for PvP.

Anyway, the point here, is that 1.) funny things will always happen and 2.) PvP and MH are not completely incompatible.

mayi
04-11-2015, 07:09 AM
If the target is level 80, Kaiser' easy levelling is very attractive! However, knowing that I need to spend crystals on more than one type of alliance! I will slow down my crystal consumption with Dolomar

Dokkōdō
04-11-2015, 04:25 PM
It is a fun question to ask, and obviously there is no obvious answer.

Let me just pose this detail, which I know I've mentioned in other threads before8104 but this is my best monster hunting alliance.

I wish I could give a breakdown on it, but but generals' stats make a huge difference.

Its ironic, the chest general nerf has actually left me using Jera for monster hunting and not for PvP.

Anyway, the point here, is that 1.) funny things will always happen and 2.) PvP and MH are not completely incompatible.

I use a certain pvp alliance to hunt small monsters to lvl up a specific pvp general as well. Doing quests energy is sometime just not enough to lvl up, even after using all the potions I have.

pereira325
04-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Some generals are much harder to level based on XP, which is why I recommend stockpiling your potions in the case you want to level a general to lvl 55. Then you have people like AdventererGR calling me a troll for recommending players stockpile potions. For example, I once had over 80 red potions but that was barely enough to get Jera to level 45, which is less than my original goal of lvl 55.

In summary, if you want to level a general to level 55, start hitting for potions and stockpile those potions.

Wait wait, what was the actual point of stockpiling these potions? Wouldn't it be more effective to ya know, use the potions gradually when you had them in the inventory? A level anything is better than the standard level 1 general you'd have by waiting to stockpile x potions.

Da Wimsta
04-14-2015, 05:58 AM
Wait wait, what was the actual point of stockpiling these potions? Wouldn't it be more effective to ya know, use the potions gradually when you had them in the inventory? A level anything is better than the standard level 1 general you'd have by waiting to stockpile x potions.

I wish I could use these. 8117 but not enough hero crystals... lately I've been draining the green ones, maybe I should try something else for a while eh?

Elandal
04-14-2015, 08:24 AM
I wish I could use these. 8117 but not enough hero crystals... lately I've been draining the green ones, maybe I should try something else for a while eh?

Hunt more on crystal days, less on blue & red powder days. Problem solved :)

Dokkōdō
04-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Hunt more on crystal days, less on blue & red powder days. Problem solved :)

Another weekend went by with red crystal days, and I recorded another low drop rate in red crystal.

Stamina: 5330
Essence chance: 41
Red Crystal: 5
Crystal %: 12.2%

The published drop rate for red crystal suppose to be 20%. Yet I continue week after week, with a much lower drop rate than what it suppose to be.

Needcoffee
04-14-2015, 07:46 PM

I agree with BATW on this. If you start leveling a general and get 'halfway' (so that the general isn't really useful to you but you've sunk resources into him/her), and then your priorities change because of a change in the game (new general intro, change in promotions or alliances, etc.), you then have to choose between switching priorities (and wasting those resources) or continuing down a path that is no longer optimal. Additionally, it's important to recognize that if advancing a general to levels 20-30 isn't going to make that general useful for you, then you really don't lose anything by hoarding those resources for the time being (until you can advance him/her into the 40's or 50's when he/she might be useful). For instance, I'm currently saving up red pots with the plan of leveling brakus. As of now, I could get him leveled to the 20's which would mean he'd still be useless for me. So, I'm going to hold off and save the pots so that if the devs ever release a mage-equivalent for Bogo (which would cause a change in my priorities), I'll be prepared. I don't really see that I lose anything by waiting: like I said, a brakus in the 20's will just sit on my bench.

kivok
04-15-2015, 03:41 AM
Whats a nice GA for Kanbe? I kinda want to link him with Zaervok (whom I have an unhealthy obsession with pairing with other generals).

Also, is it better to go Barbar-Zaer-Kaiser or Barbar-Kaiser-Zaer?

Dokkōdō
04-15-2015, 05:36 AM
Whats a nice GA for Kanbe? I kinda want to link him with Zaervok (whom I have an unhealthy obsession with pairing with other generals).

Also, is it better to go Barbar-Zaer-Kaiser or Barbar-Kaiser-Zaer?

It depends on which one has higher current stat, Kaiser or Zarevok. If your Zarevok has higher stat than Kaiser now, then keep in mind that in the long run Kaiser will still be the better choice for second seat. Kaiser can be promoted to 5 stars whereas Zarevok can not for now.

justforfun
04-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Another weekend went by with red crystal days, and I recorded another low drop rate in red crystal.

Stamina: 5330
Essence chance: 41
Red Crystal: 5
Crystal %: 12.2%

The published drop rate for red crystal suppose to be 20%. Yet I continue week after week, with a much lower drop rate than what it suppose to be.

I got 5 red crystals on monday alone, it is just a problem of luck. My red crystals amount is twice my green crystals + blue crystals amount even though I am mainly lvling my aggressive general right now

MightyMar
04-15-2015, 05:23 PM
I use a combination of Barbarus Dolomar and Sorkan. Reason for Sorkan instead of Sahar is that when he is primary i can add dragon form and thus get +2% crit, that only works for Sorkan.
I know it is not relevant when he is not primary but it helps while he is.

kman543210
04-16-2015, 12:33 PM
I've noticed that many use a combination of both critical and monster damage generals, and it got me thinking that maybe I should consider the same. Right now I've been using a Dolomar/Kaiser/Slayer alliance (sometimes Kaiser/Dolomar/Slayer), but Slayer in the 3rd position only gives me .51 extra critical chance which doesn't really seem worth it if I can get more benefit from a general that gives additional monster damage. The part that confuses me is that I thought that there were "break" points on most monsters where once you have a certain attack amount that anything above that doesn't add much to the monster damage.

My raw player attack stat is close to 3700 (continually adding to it), and I'm mostly hunting the Rats and the monsters with legendaries needed for the glove right now. Do you think I would I benefit from using a general such as Vancy, Therian, or Zarevok in the 3rd position of my alliance rather than Slayer? I have all 3 of those generals, but none of those are leveled up past level 4 right now. I'm still undecided on which crit general I'll be using as my main between Dolomar or Kaiser. My main problem with leveling up generals is the XP needed, not crystals, so I may use Kaiser (w/ backdraft) since he will level up faster.

sven ios
04-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Monster Atk/Def Breakpoints (http://www.castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?63738-Monster-Atk-Def-Breakpoints&p=2537610#post2537610)
you dont need a mAtt general but perhaps barbarus would be usefull whit his +% Extra Monster Damage instead of that last .5% crit chance?

Dokkōdō
04-16-2015, 04:50 PM
I've noticed that many use a combination of both critical and monster damage generals, and it got me thinking that maybe I should consider the same. Right now I've been using a Dolomar/Kaiser/Slayer alliance (sometimes Kaiser/Dolomar/Slayer), but Slayer in the 3rd position only gives me .51 extra critical chance which doesn't really seem worth it if I can get more benefit from a general that gives additional monster damage. The part that confuses me is that I thought that there were "break" points on most monsters where once you have a certain attack amount that anything above that doesn't add much to the monster damage.

My raw player attack stat is close to 3700 (continually adding to it), and I'm mostly hunting the Rats and the monsters with legendaries needed for the glove right now. Do you think I would I benefit from using a general such as Vancy, Therian, or Zarevok in the 3rd position of my alliance rather than Slayer? I have all 3 of those generals, but none of those are leveled up past level 4 right now. I'm still undecided on which crit general I'll be using as my main between Dolomar or Kaiser. My main problem with leveling up generals is the XP needed, not crystals, so I may use Kaiser (w/ backdraft) since he will level up faster.

Here is 3 of the types of generals that is good to consider for monster hunting alliance:

1. Extra Monster dmg: Barbarus (he also give 3x power attack ability if he is in the front, hence save you energy on healing)
2. Critical general: Dolomar, Kaiser, Slayer, Kang, etc...
3. MAtk general: generals that give you addl atk stat when hitting monsters: Sahar, Zarevok, Vancy, etc...

you can play around with those 3 combination to find which work best for you.

another possible type of generals are ones with elemental (if you do have gem forge in your gears) such as fire, water, earth, wind...piercing elemental when monsters have elemental weakness, resistance elemental when monsters have resistance that pop up annoying minions.