PDA

View Full Version : The Summoner-Last Hit Theory

gabrielblackwood
11-11-2009, 04:03 AM
I'm sure by now everyone's heard this theory ... if the summoner of a monster gets the last hit, the rewards are greater for everyone. I thought this had been put to bed, but there are still a lot of people who swear by it. What I want to know is: does anyone have an opinion BACKED UP BY EVIDENCE that the theory is either true or not true? I'm looking for experience-based opinions and not just 'gut feelings'.

I have observed through my own personal experience that dragons *seem* to drop more of the Dragon Helm parts when the summoner gets the last hit. I've seen several battles where the summoner did not get the last hit, and no Helm pieces were dropped ... on the other hand, I've seen battles where the summoner did get the last hit, and 3-4 players received parts. I've seen enough of these to convince me that the summoner getting the last hit may play a part, but I'm still not willing to swear by it. Anyone?

gabrielblackwood
11-11-2009, 07:15 AM
NVM, question answered.

hecaterin
11-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Well, don't tease. What IS the answer?

Mursilis
11-11-2009, 11:05 AM
I've seen just the opposite where if the summoner did get the last hit the drops were worse, and vice versa. Until someone can show reproducable results that disprove me I'm staying with the summoner having to get the last hit is rubbish.

Hfaistos
11-11-2009, 11:33 AM
We've done MANY test in our group. Last-hit theory doesn't apply.
People try and find all sorts of explanations to why they get or not get certain items.
It's JUST a matter of probability.
So, if you belong to one of those groups that demand leaving the last hit to the summoners ask the admins to reconsider... It's just makes thing more difficult for everybody.

Reidan
11-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Let us all know when you test over 1000 summoner last-hits on dragons so you have a decent sample size ;p

DoubleTake
11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
1000 is completely excessive, 40 should suffice. ... just sayin'.

Knightmare
11-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I think the 'final hit' question was conclusively answered when someone posted an email response from the devs regarding this.

http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=5677&highlight=summoner+final

The question relates specifically to Keira but you would assume it applied to dragons as well.

clearnight
11-11-2009, 03:34 PM
it does not apply.

dood
11-11-2009, 04:47 PM
can't believe that rumor is still going around. I am so glad they dev's answered my email.

direct link to the email, bookmark it and rid this rumor once and for all
http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showpost.php?p=49538&postcount=25

HouseNdaHouse
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
can't believe that rumor is still going around. I am so glad they dev's answered my email.

direct link to the email, bookmark it and rid this rumor once and for all
http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showpost.php?p=49538&postcount=25

sweet proof! Love it! Besides, how would they even write code for improving chances due to a final blow? I'm sure it can be written, but, usually the simpler the code...the better the game.

Hels
11-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Has anyone ever asked the Dev's about the 'kill it faster for better loot' theory, or has that been proven?

KillVeArN
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
if u want 2 test, u need have enough large sample size by collecting data then u need error checking and find the mean and variance of it.

if u provide me the data mayb i can count it out for urs. bcz i am studying maths. :)

gabrielblackwood
11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
The developers responded to that question for a friend of mine as well. The theory is BUNK. The summoner getting the last hit has absolutely no effect on the rewards given. Other factors play a part, like time elapsed, and the damage each individual does.

So ... if you're in a battle and someone other than the summoner gets the last hit, hopefully you will have read this thread and refrain from making threats and vulgar comments to that person.

gabrielblackwood
11-11-2009, 05:43 PM
That hasn't happened to me, but one of my allies who is a fairly new player was severely verbally attacked in the chatlog and through inbox messages. She was pretty upset, but we've taught those people the error of their ways, and I don't think they at least will do it again.