PDA

View Full Version : A Question for PVPers

Rocketeer888
09-04-2012, 03:40 AM
I was just wondering what are the BSI targets for some of the hardcore pvpers out there.

Furthermore, what energy/stamina stats do you have for your build.

Im presently level 170 with about 850 attack/200 defense and 120/120 energy/stamina. Im looking to pump more into energy and stam though whilst keeping a bsi of 7. Im presently BSI 6.15 at moment so im throwing my first 7 stat points into attack trying to keep a 5 to 1 ratio to defense and then throwing in the rest of my stat points now into energy..

Any advice from experienced players would be appreciated!

wraith
09-04-2012, 05:36 AM
I was just wondering what are the BSI targets for some of the hardcore pvpers out there.

Im presently level 170 with about 850 attack/200 defense and 120/120 energy/stamina. Im looking to pump more into energy and stam though whilst keeping a bsi of 7. Im presently BSI 6.15 at moment so im throwing my first 7 stat points into attack trying to keep a 5 to 1 ratio to defense and then throwing in the rest of my stat points now into energy..

I run a fixed minimal amount of energy/stamina (152/88), enough for me to avoid overflow most of the time and am currently BSI 10+ at level 450+. For me, this serves to optimize my SP acquisition per day for a build that rarely refills.

I think there's generally 3 other schools of thought for a hardcore pvp'er.

A) Maintain a fixed but higher amount of energy/stamina. This allows you to acquire more SPs from quests and achievement. However, whether the amount gained is worth the initial SP "loss" into energy/stamina is for you to decide.

B) Maintain a fixed BSI and slowly grow energy/stamina with excess points. This also allows you to acquire more SPs from quests and allow your build to remain more relevant in newer content.

C) Maintain a minimal energy/stamina and occasionally skip the use of stamina (ie. only use energy to quest) in order to optimize SP per level. This will allow you to skyrocket your BSI at the cost of a lower Attack/Defence value. Basically stronger for your level but weaker overall.

Whiffy
09-04-2012, 06:09 AM
*takes note never to try and hit Wraith*

Rocketeer888
09-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Wrath wow great advice. I am leaning to option 2 with an overall 7-8 BSI along the way.

From what I can see you are recommending investment into energy for quests and SP from such quests.

Thanks and any further thought on this topic is welcome!

Ginger The Hutt
09-04-2012, 07:05 AM
I maintain a fixed energy / stamina in ratio with my level. Everything else goes to BSI... Level 665, BSI ~ 7

n3r086
09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
8 BSI and maintaining that way :)

Vixen
09-04-2012, 12:49 PM
My BSI is slowly headed to an 8, added 1 stamina and 2 energy in 2 years o.O but the spaceworm says I need more energy for more skill points, so I am adding energy via demi blessing.

Str8up-FUBAR
09-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I have been fixed at 330energy/330 stam for the last 100 levels or so while pushing my BSI up towards 8, I have went from mid 5 BSI to 7.8 from level 350 - now level 473 ... I consider myself more of a High Power Hybrid...

I want to explain something based on your post ... you say you are dedicating 7 SP to att/def per level... if this is correct you will not reach a 7 BSI ... this is based on you being negative 140 SP at your current stats and you must add at least .85 Sp per level over your target goal to achieve it... SO by adding 7.85 SP per level it will take 164 levels to reach 7 BSI you are adding .85 SP per level towards that deficit... Now if you add 9.85 SP to att/def per level you will gain 2.85 SP per level reaching 7 BSI in about 49 levels, 10.85 Sp per level att/def will get you 7 BSI in 36 levels, adding 11.85 per level will get you there in about 29 levels ... if your goal is reach at least 7 BSI make that priority #1 for SP, If you have greater energy and demi quest yet to complete do them first more SP per level, then look on the forums for the guides that will guide you to maximizing energy per quest and SP return ... I think energy/stamina is more based on your play and how often you are logging on ... once you reach your goal of 7 BSI then adding 7 att/def per level will sustain it and you can start adding the surplus to energy/stamina...

Be sure on your goal if you think it may change to 8 or even higher it is easier now to start at it .. for instance with your current stats for 8 BSI you would be in deficit 310 SP meaning with 11.85 SP added per level att/def (which = 3.85 surplus SP over 8 towards your deficit) you can reach 8 BSI in about 80 - 81 levels.

If you want to be HARD CORE like Wraith and can add 13 SP per level att/def you can reach 10 BSI about level 387 :eek:

thomasj8
09-04-2012, 12:59 PM
B) Maintain a fixed BSI and slowly grow energy/stamina with excess points. This also allows you to acquire more SPs from quests and allow your build to remain more relevant in newer content.

Some people are maintaining a fixed LSI (i.e. 2) which allows BSI to remain at 8 and actually drift upward a little. I am not targeting BSI any more, and while I hoped to hit a LSI of 2, it is not going to happen. I add two SPs a week to LSI (and occasionally 2 from an achievement that yields 4 SPs or more), and the rest goes to BSI, which at lvl 576 is probably close to 8.4.

Le Fallen
09-04-2012, 01:38 PM

Hi Rocketeer, but you forgot to mention the most important stat of all- Health! hehe.

zserg
09-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't have a target BSI in mind.

labalaba
09-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I guess you're lucky enough to have a starting efficient E/S. I went a bit overboard and late getting back to pvp around level 170-180ish after 100 levels break.

A) Maintain a fixed but higher amount of energy/stamina. This allows you to acquire more SPs from quests and achievement. However, whether the amount gained is worth the initial SP "loss" into energy/stamina is for you to decide.

This is path I chose, enough to get something done within 1 level or 3 refills whichever smallest. I decided on 70% of easiest achievement and start from there, put the hardest 30% into unicorn-only content that I have no interest to do.

70% means my goal is to have 700 stamina (not yet) there. Only go for 1000 stamina if you're willing to finish everything (100%). BSI is not something I keep but it happens naturally :)

Ineluki
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I just put everything into atk/def :)

Dokkōdō
09-05-2012, 12:06 AM
My BSI is slowly headed to an 8, added 1 stamina and 2 energy in 2 years o.O but the spaceworm says I need more energy for more skill points, so I am adding energy via demi blessing.

it is no longer appropriate to refer to Gingy as the space worm...he now has a formal name given to him by the CA devs: Abomination, Ancient Slime ;)

and to the OP, the only BSI target is the one that yield the most fun for your game...don't just fixate on just one thing... :)

...for me, my BSi target/goal is the one that allow me to roast/barbecue as many animals characters from the forum, i.e. chicken, puppy, kitten, monkey, goat, duck, teddy bear, vampire, slug, and so on and so on :)

_Anty_
09-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Goals by level 1000... 7 BSI 1.92 LSI

IE 12.35 SP per level ;)

kiknchikn
09-05-2012, 02:02 AM
No target BSI here. My target is whatever the maximum BSI is that I can maintain while leveling as fast as I can without buying FPs.

_Anty_
09-05-2012, 02:08 AM
No target BSI here. My target is whatever the maximum BSI is that I can maintain while leveling as fast as I can without buying FPs.

Mr kikn.. please be so kind as to tap me once or twice.. :o links below

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-05-2012, 02:12 AM
it is no longer appropriate to refer to Gingy as the space worm...he now has a formal name given to him by the CA devs: Abomination, Ancient Slime ;)

Correction, that is the Space Slug's girlfriend... The devs felt sorry for a lonely ginger :D

dani2000
09-05-2012, 02:21 AM
im going to be bsi 6.0 and lsi of 3.5 for level 500

meaning, i may be not as tough as most of forumites here but im definitely can stand on my ground on most other players.
* i can also find some squishy 240 battle points in guild battles*

also, i can do quests and monster hunt to enjoy myself on collecting some shiny things.

:)

tjjl
09-05-2012, 07:50 AM

^this.
213 e 159 s, 1001 d, 141 health.
Every skill point goes to attack :D

edit: 213 e, must have misclicked somewhere... :(:(

Ginger The Hutt
09-05-2012, 11:59 AM

...for me, my BSi target/goal is the one that allow me to roast/barbecue as many animals characters from the forum, i.e. chicken, puppy, kitten, monkey, goat, duck, teddy bear, vampire, slug, and so on and so on :)

you missed 'Slime' out of your list... no more slugs on the forum...

Correction, that is the Space Slug's girlfriend... The devs felt sorry for a lonely ginger :D

LMAO

Vixen
09-05-2012, 12:14 PM

ahem.... Gingy, you haz some splaining to do! :p

junglecatdenise
09-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Gingy has a girlfriend?!

But but...

How come his 5 harem wifeys are the last to know?! :mad:

Ginger The Hutt
09-05-2012, 02:01 PM
ahem.... Gingy, you haz some splaining to do! :p

Gingy has a girlfriend?!

But but...

You can see where I found out... :p

Speak to the devs and the clown... they're clearly in collusion to get me in troubles... It's working too...

Vixen
09-05-2012, 02:09 PM
You can see where I found out... :p

Speak to the devs and the clown... they're clearly in collusion to get me in troubles... It's working too...

you better be extra nice to your wifies... *waits to be killed*

Rutherford
09-05-2012, 03:22 PM

My BSI is maintained while I pump Stamina. My Energy is held at a constant below 300, and I level with Hyacinth. I'm refilling and pumping Stamina to try to get more competitive with higher level players while not sacrificing what small advantage I have over players my level.

My advice is that you have a very, very long road ahead of you with your current path. It's not one I would choose at this stage of the game.

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Gingy has a girlfriend?!

But but...

Sorry to out you Gingy :( I thought they all knew you were a playa! ;)

Vixen
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry to out you Gingy :( I thought they all knew you were a playa! ;)

he haz 5 wifeys so he haz no extra staminas or energy for anyone or THING else :p

Peaceful
09-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Recently, I did establish a BSI goal of 7.0 Currently at 6.85 at Level 1183

It has become increasing difficult because for the last 90 days I have dedicated all daily demi-blessing to increasing my health stat to better support my guild. 30 more days left.

Maybe instead of my cute puppy, I should change my profile pic to a turtle.

Ileen

echo expugno
09-06-2012, 04:29 PM
I am building for a 13 BSI. When I reach it, I will maintain it while slowly raising my LSI

Currently with a 11.5 BSI at lvl 241 with 111 energy and 45 stamina

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I am building for a 13 BSI. When I reach it, I will maintain it while slowly raising my LSI

Currently with a 11.5 BSI at lvl 241 with 111 energy and 45 stamina

Echo, you won't be able to raise your LSI and maintain your BSI. When you raise LSI, you will start leveling faster, which means your SP's per level will go down (Daily prayers are the only way you get so many SP's per level). You will eventually get below 13 SP's per level, and won't be able to maintain a 13 BSI. The only way to avoid that is to not use your energy/stam so you level slower, but then what is the point of putting SP's into LSI?

echo expugno
09-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Echo, you won't be able to raise your LSI and maintain your BSI. When you raise LSI, you will start leveling faster, which means your SP's per level will go down (Daily prayers are the only way you get so many SP's per level). You will eventually get below 13 SP's per level, and won't be able to maintain a 13 BSI. The only way to avoid that is to not use your energy/stam so you level slower, but then what is the point of putting SP's into LSI?

idk currently i am getting a little over 20 sp's per lvl. taking my energy to 150 ish, after lvl 300, and my stam to somewhere between 50 and 100 should not produce me less then 13 sp's per lvl.

Ineluki
09-06-2012, 07:12 PM
idk currently i am getting a little over 20 sp's per lvl. taking my energy to 150 ish, after lvl 300, and my stam to somewhere between 50 and 100 should not produce me less then 13 sp's per lvl.

I don't see any reason you couldn't maintain a 13 BSI. Regen alone would let you complete at least 1 or 2 full quests every level so as long as your leveling speed never gets better than 1 level every 6 or 7 days you're good even without any achievements. I'll be happy if I ever get my BSI to more like half that. Would also be nice to get my TSI back up over 10 but that would probably require energy refills and I'd rather chase the shinies.

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-06-2012, 07:44 PM

Ummm.... raising LSI means getting down to around 4 days per level, that is dinosaur minimum, regen-only leveling (at your current level). Any less than that is still an LSI under 1. I'm a bullet compared to you, with 126/124 energy/stam and level every 4.5 days (no refills), which nets me around 10.5 SP per level. If you raise your energy to 150 and stam to 100, you'll level in slightly less than 4 days. No chance of getting 13 SP's per level at that rate, unless you simply don't use your stam and energy. In which case, why add to them? of course, you'll slow down gradually on leveling, but we're talking adding around 30 minutes to leveling time, without adding any more to ener/stam, each time you level. Which wouldn't be apparent for around a year, at which time you would be up to around 5 days per level, and STILL wouldn't be getting 13 SP's per level. Once you get to the 4th or 5th quest land, it takes you 2 days of regen to finish a single quest for 1 SP.

I don't see any reason you couldn't maintain a 13 BSI. Regen alone would let you complete at least 1 or 2 full quests every level so as long as your leveling speed never gets better than 1 level every 6 or 7 days you're good even without any achievements. I'll be happy if I ever get my BSI to more like half that. Would also be nice to get my TSI back up over 10 but that would probably require energy refills and I'd rather chase the shinies.

The only reason she levels as slow as she does, is because she deliberately doesn't use stam or energy, just to keep leveling slow. 6 or 7 days per level is artificially holding back on ener/stam use. Why add to them, and not use them?

The Fat Alaskan
09-06-2012, 09:33 PM
My BSI was 8 but when I gave up on a higher build and built up my health, energy and now stamina it fell to 7.5 Once I get to an optimal stamina level I will return to building my BSI back up to a possible 8, but thats about all I want

lvl 405,

Caidi
09-06-2012, 09:55 PM

I think this BSI target is significantly different for the gauntlet and non-gauntlet crowds. Among my friends, at least, all the hardcore pvpers under level 300 are building BSIs of 11-13. Most pvpers over level 400 are more like 8-9.x.

Ineluki
09-06-2012, 10:07 PM
The only reason she levels as slow as she does, is because she deliberately doesn't use stam or energy, just to keep leveling slow. 6 or 7 days per level is artificially holding back on ener/stam use. Why add to them, and not use them?

Starting at level 300 I agree that it's not possible without wasting regen. A 150/40 build would have to be around level 520 or so to reach a 6 day leveling threshold and that assumes no energy potions and no power-ups from zin/misa/etc. So long term it's possible, but I agree that it would be pointless below that since you'd have to intentionally waste regen.

Str8up-FUBAR
09-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Starting at level 300 I agree that it's not possible without wasting regen. A 150/40 build would have to be around level 520 or so to reach a 6 day leveling threshold and that assumes no energy potions and no power-ups from zin/misa/etc. So long term it's possible, but I agree that it would be pointless below that since you'd have to intentionally waste regen.

I would have to disagree , I have 330 energy 330 Stamina, and at level 474 now I level at 6 days( sometimes 7) without wasting or holding back any resource, I gain 14 - 15 Sp ( + 1 to 2 more from conquest/GB achievements ) per level on average never lower than 14 and sometimes higher than 17 ... I slow kill one aurora a week only using stamina to fill dark rage and then wait til full to use all with dark rage then repeat, My defense allows me to have to use very little energy on monsters to heal my own damage, the rest goes into quests ... GB/FB take up weekly stamina as well .... I have gone from a 5.4 BSI to approaching 8 since around level 330 and all SP goes att/def

p.s. I also gain 30 additional energy daily using Misa and often times regen with Hyacinth to maximize sp from energy /questing

wraith
09-07-2012, 12:12 AM
At level 458 with a 152/88 build, I'm have problems leveling slower than 5 days. It's usually closer to 4.5 days on average (~11.8 SP per level) and would be faster if I pvp instead of hunt monsters. And I'm not expecting to hit 6 days leveling speed for the next 100 levels.

Ineluki
09-07-2012, 12:25 AM
I would have to disagree , I have 330 energy 330 Stamina, and at level 474 now I level at 6 days( sometimes 7) without wasting or holding back any resource, I gain 14 - 15 Sp ( + 1 to 2 more from conquest/GB achievements ) per level on average never lower than 14 and sometimes higher than 17 ... I slow kill one aurora a week only using stamina to fill dark rage and then wait til full to use all with dark rage then repeat, My defense allows me to have to use very little energy on monsters to heal my own damage, the rest goes into quests ... GB/FB take up weekly stamina as well .... I have gone from a 5.4 BSI to approaching 8 since around level 330 and all SP goes att/def

p.s. I also gain 30 additional energy daily using Misa and often times regen with Hyacinth to maximize sp from energy /questing

You level considerably slower than I would expect based on the level up formula I have, especially since it does not take Zin/Misa/potions/conquest into account. It's reasonably close for me, but it would put you at about a level-up every 4.5 days. I tend to like the 600 stamina hits so my xp is pretty streaky but seems to average just over 4 days per level without refills at 1595en/833sta level 687.

I have power-ups from Zin/Misa/Ambrosia for a slight boost. I also tend to have a higher than average number of energy potions even if I don't refill due to farming. I get about 12-13 SP per level not counting achievements if I don't do any refills. Are you doing quests that give lower than usual xp/energy? I can generally complete 2 full quests start to finish as soon as I level up plus 1 more before I level up again. If I use refills then my SP per level drops to about 9.

echo expugno
09-07-2012, 01:48 AM
deliberately[/I] doesn't use stam or energy, just to keep leveling slow. 6 or 7 days per level is artificially holding back on ener/stam use. Why add to them, and not use them?

Actually you are wrong. I waste no energy, and use about half or more of my stam. I get around 2 -3 sps from quests per lvl. Giving me 7-8 for each lvl. The rest of my sp's come from achievements and praing to the demis

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-07-2012, 02:19 AM
I don't see how you guys are doing quests so fast. I'm in Undead Realm and each quest takes me 18-20 clicks, or between 450-800 energy each. Since I also use energy in monsters, I finish usually 1 quest per level (and sometimes not even one). I've already gotten all of the PvP type achievements (duels/fest/invades/conquests) that I am going to get, so there are no more coming from there. I'm at around 10.5 per level and it is impossible for me to get any higher, short of wasting stam so I get extra demis by extending my leveling time. You guys are higher level, so I would assume farther along and yet you blow through quests using next to no energy. I was under the impression that quests took the same amount of energy regardless of level.

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Actually you are wrong. I waste no energy, and use about half or more of my stam. I get around 2 -3 sps from quests per lvl. Giving me 7-8 for each lvl. The rest of my sp's come from achievements and praing to the demis

Using only half of your stam (which would mean using only 144 stam a day) is deliberately holding back your leveling...

echo expugno
09-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Using only half of your stam (which would mean using only 144 stam a day) is deliberately holding back your leveling...

Not really deliberately slowing down, there just is not anyone I want to spend that much stam on. And not doing monsters. There are still a lot of conquest for me to do. Idk how you have all the conquest achievements. Festi duels I have a long way to go, but no good targets

echo expugno
09-07-2012, 03:27 AM
I don't see how you guys are doing quests so fast. I'm in Undead Realm and each quest takes me 18-20 clicks, or between 450-800 energy each. Since I also use energy in monsters, I finish usually 1 quest per level (and sometimes not even one). I've already gotten all of the PvP type achievements (duels/fest/invades/conquests) that I am going to get, so there are no more coming from there. I'm at around 10.5 per level and it is impossible for me to get any higher, short of wasting stam so I get extra demis by extending my leveling time. You guys are higher level, so I would assume farther along and yet you blow through quests using next to no energy. I was under the impression that quests took the same amount of energy regardless of level.

Oh, and all quests done thru undead realm to lvl 4 and half of the way thru underworld. All Demi quests done also

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Oh, and all quests done thru undead realm to lvl 4 and half of the way thru underworld. All Demi quests done also

This is what I don't understand. I have more energy than you, my quests use less energy per click, but you are going through them WAY faster than I am, and my energy never gets full.

Not really deliberately slowing down, there just is not anyone I want to spend that much stam on. And not doing monsters.

OK, so you use what, around 50 stam a day, out of 288? Why build that any higher if you aren't going to use it?

Ineluki
09-07-2012, 03:47 AM

The worst quests for me tend to advance by about 6% per click which takes 16-17 clicks to complete start to finish. That comes out to around 1000 energy in Mist II where I'm at now. Most of the quests are not as bad as that with many of them advancing at more like 9-11% per click. So there are cases where I don't quite get a full 2 quests in as soon as I level up, but usually I get 2. Then I get more than 300 energy regen per day (288+30+5) not including energy potions which comes to around 1300 more energy by the time I level up. So about 3000 energy per level. So that's 3 quests per level. Last time I looked at the power questing thread I think Mist II was near the bottom in terms of efficiency so where I'm at now is about as bad as it gets.

I also use energy in monsters but unless I'm leveling up a hero after giving them a crystal I always use Maalvus. So my energy use ranges from 20-40 energy for every 600 stamina with the average being probably more like 30. So almost all of my energy goes to questing. That's close to 3000 energy per level when you count my base plus my regen plus my power-ups.

Now that I'm done with Azeron I will lose some efficiency on the new monsters since I'll be using Aesir until I can get enough piercing forged to go back to Maalvus again. I should still get at least 2.5 quests per level done though.

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-07-2012, 03:59 AM
The worst quests for me tend to advance by about 6% per click which takes 16-17 clicks to complete start to finish. That comes out to around 1000 energy in Mist II where I'm at now. Most of the quests are not as bad as that with many of them advancing at more like 9-11% per click.

The worst quests for me advance as little as 3% per click, the best around 7% per click. I get no quests that advance 9-11% per click. So it costs me around 800 energy to do a single 40 energy quest to completion. That's over 2 and a half days regen. I use more energy on monsters than you do, because I am doing publics lately and end up healing a lot more than my own damage. I can dump my stam and heal with a 10 click.

Ineluki
09-07-2012, 04:11 AM
The worst quests for me advance as little as 3% per click, the best around 7% per click. I get no quests that advance 9-11% per click. So it costs me around 800 energy to do a single 40 energy quest to completion. That's over 2 and a half days regen. I use more energy on monsters than you do, because I am doing publics lately and end up healing a lot more than my own damage. I can dump my stam and heal with a 10 click.

Was curious so I checked the power questing thread again:

http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=31141&highlight=power+questing

Looks like Mist II isn't the worst overall anymore, although it still has the single worst quest in the game. Worst quests listed below. Last update was in July of this year. So the absolute worst quests in the game are just over 1000 energy per quest.

Average Energy per Skill Point Quest Name
166 981.66 Escape from Trakan & Subquests, Mist II
167 990 Towards Rodinia & Subquests, Pangaea
168 993 Entrance of Time & Subquests, Perdition
169 999 The River Crossing & Subquests, Perdition
170 1001 Solitude Lair & Subquests, Perdition
171 1003 The Redeemer & Subquests, Pangaea
172 1015 The Citadel & Subquests, Pangaea
173 1016 Lonely Journey & Subquests, Pangaea
174 1022 Dark Chasm & Subquests, Pangaea
175 1022 The Outlook & Subquests, Pangaea
176 1023 Redeemers Message & Subquests, Perdition
177 1026 The Dark Labyrinth & Subquests, Perdition
178 1031 Inviting Vengeance & Subquests, Perdition
179 1036 Shadowspire & Subquests, Perdition
180 1045 Lands End & Subquests, Perdition
181 1067.33 The Dead Forests & Subquests, Mist II

Str8up-FUBAR
09-07-2012, 05:46 AM
You level considerably slower than I would expect based on the level up formula I have, especially since it does not take Zin/Misa/potions/conquest into account. It's reasonably close for me, but it would put you at about a level-up every 4.5 days. I tend to like the 600 stamina hits so my xp is pretty streaky but seems to average just over 4 days per level without refills at 1595en/833sta level 687.

I have power-ups from Zin/Misa/Ambrosia for a slight boost. I also tend to have a higher than average number of energy potions even if I don't refill due to farming. I get about 12-13 SP per level not counting achievements if I don't do any refills. Are you doing quests that give lower than usual xp/energy? I can generally complete 2 full quests start to finish as soon as I level up plus 1 more before I level up again. If I use refills then my SP per level drops to about 9.

I originally put way to much energy into monsters cleaning up after others, leaving many quests undone until around level 330 ( I am playing catch up... ) and in the groups I am in now I only worry about my own damage and rarely have to use more than 150 energy per Aurora with 18mil plus damage... I can almost full deflect with a single 40 + less than 10 more... I am doing all past quests to level 4 and average 3 complete quests per level usually with a 4th bridging the level up so I guess you could say about 7 quests every 2 levels ... The way I have spent stamina on Aurora I tend to drop 200 at level up to fill Rage ... then wait for stamina to max before hitting for max return ... Usually by my third stamina dump In 6 days I just level with little surplus and start again... I will log my specifics for the next couple of levels and get with you... I do not have it on a timer so I sometimes may miss a little stamina usually not more than hour or two worth in the course of it all, but it seems to be pretty accurate where I have been able to gauge almost exactly my bsi growth and at which levels I would hit certain goals such as 100% Ronin qualified on my next level... Stamina is spent on one Aurora a weak ... 1 stam a day for misa about 160 - 180 a week on gb/fb ... most pvp gains are from defensive wins until I decide to get back into champion duels... once I finish Aurora I will push on War to get the last 4 tiers ( I do expect to level faster during that process )... Like I said I will track the next two levels and get more specific ...

On quests I have been completing Ivory City to level 4 which I have a total of 9 quest and sub quests to go ... Earth II is open but not being worked and rest still locked... I still have many quests to go to level 4 on the 4 lands before Ivory ... always have full elite guard and Sano for quests

Str8up-FUBAR
09-07-2012, 06:53 AM

Clown ...

Use the Power questing Guide .... You will see that demon, and undead take some energy ... also fill your Elite Guard and use Sano ... I was grinding out demon and undead quest before I started using the guide and the return is noticeable

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Questing

humilityII
09-07-2012, 10:13 AM
my own impression of pvp bsi for your 1st question (based on my interactions with pvp players nowadays and on the basis of currently available sps in the game):-
below lvl300 - 10 to 12
300-400 - 9 to 11
400-500 - 8 to 10
500 and above - 7+
(my 'above' may be limited to lvl 1k since i don't know much unicorn players in this game...:P)

this is by no means a standard, or guide, or anything like that....
just my observation.
what i stated is just the range that has been achieved by pvp builds that i know.

your following questions on e/s will be complex to answer, as there are many paths to achieving a pvp build...but all paths involves lots of time and focus and commitment, and you are just at the beginning of the path (at your current lvl). you can try to make friends with pvp players and take opinions from various directions and see which one fits your style of play most...:)
i hope to have a chance to spar with you in pvp-based events in time to come as certain directions may enable you to surpass me someday...:)

n3r086
09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
OR join the Gym (http://www.facebook.com/groups/235242793195440/):D

Andy24/7
09-07-2012, 12:27 PM
wow you guys are mad why worry just play the game

echo expugno
09-07-2012, 03:32 PM

Who is mad? We are just talking about building, stat alocation, and how to get the most stats per lvl while still playing. I do not think anyone is mad.

n3r086
09-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Maybe we should call it information sharing or brainstorming ;)

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Clown ...

Use the Power questing Guide .... You will see that demon, and undead take some energy ... also fill your Elite Guard and use Sano ... I was grinding out demon and undead quest before I started using the guide and the return is noticeable

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Questing

Believe me, Sano and full elite guard have been from the begining. In fact, Sano to level 5 was my first crystal :D

Caidi
09-07-2012, 11:10 PM

They don't really sound mad to me, I have been enjoying the discussion.

You would know it if Echo was mad. :eek:

echo expugno
09-08-2012, 12:16 AM

:p ya, I am :cool: like that :D

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-08-2012, 12:49 AM

Echo doesn't get mad... Echo gets even!

And if she actually had some stam, she could even chain people :eek:

echo expugno
09-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Echo doesn't get mad... Echo gets even!

And if she actually had some stam, she could even chain people :eek:

I only chain the ones I love. But you are in my army:(

Rocketeer888
09-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Thanks for all the great advice. Im looking at the 300/300 rule now and the rest into attack and defense where that takes me.

Really liked Str8up-FUBAR's analysis of my situation, however im thinking of going placing 7 points of each level into attack or defense for BSI, then as my energy increases to 300 extra SP from quests will help me along my way faster to maintain and increase my BSI further..

Thats my thoughts on it so far.

Rocketeer888
09-10-2012, 05:12 AM
From what I can gather as the level range increases BSI's seem to lower.

So can i suppose that with commitment and the ability to maintain a 8-9 BSI by level 500 i would have a strong pvper who can beat the majority of the population?

Princess PunkSunflower
09-10-2012, 05:45 AM

So can i suppose that with commitment and the ability to maintain a 8-9 BSI by level 500 i would have a strong pvper who can beat the majority of the population?

Prolly not the majority of the PvP population, cos the average BSI at your level for the PvPers is 10+ ;)

Best bet if you wanna see how you stack up against the PvPers your level is enter the next forum tourney, if you can't wait that long go tap some of them now. keep-links are still in the threads, here:

Level 80-174 (http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=63948)
Level 175-249 (http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=63949)

humilityII
09-10-2012, 08:24 AM

yes, in my opinion, if you are 8-9bsi at lvl500 now, you can beat a lot of ca players, including pvpers.
BUT, it depends on low long you take to reach there. 'cos if ca releases more sps along the way, the benchmark will increase.

Hannes22
09-11-2012, 11:46 AM
i like battles, but i have questions about my skills. in which relation have i to skill attack and defense? now im in level 46 with att 170 and defense 85. is that ok if i attack other players? or i need more defense?

jmaurage
09-24-2012, 06:29 AM
I held my BSI at 8 for about 2 years while dumping any excess to E/S. Now that I have them at good levels for the big monsters and questing I'm pushing my BSI up to 8.5. May even push my health up to 150 when I hit my target in the next month or so.

Fugie
09-24-2012, 12:15 PM
my own impression of pvp bsi for your 1st question (based on my interactions with pvp players nowadays and on the basis of currently available sps in the game):-
below lvl300 - 10 to 12
300-400 - 9 to 11
400-500 - 8 to 10
500 and above - 7+
(my 'above' may be limited to lvl 1k since i don't know much unicorn players in this game...:P)

;) Most of the unicorns run around 5 BSI a few are higher Marian & myself run near 7 ;)

Ineluki
09-24-2012, 08:08 PM
;) Most of the unicorns run around 5 BSI a few are higher Marian & myself run near 7 ;)

7 BSI at level 5k+? How is that even possible? Even with an LSI of zero there aren't enough SP in the game for that unless I'm missing something.

labalaba
09-25-2012, 11:00 AM
7 BSI at level 5k+? How is that even possible? Even with an LSI of zero there aren't enough SP in the game for that unless I'm missing something.

He forget /sarcasm :p

Mandred Torgridson
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM

Seems true. According to Elendal's spreadsheet there are 5003 SP available (including blessings). For a level 5000 the maximum SPs for attack and defense are 5*5,000+5,003+2-24*3 = 29,933. So the theoretical maximum BSI = 29,933/5,000 = 5.98. But with 10 energy and 3 stam you won't be able to reach a lot of the achievments or to finish a lot of quests even at level 5000 :rolleyes:
With 1000 energy and stam and assuming you did 90% of the blessings the maximum BSI would be (29,933-1000-2*1000-124)/5000 = 5.36.

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Seems true. According to Elendal's spreadsheet there are 5003 SP available (including blessings). For a level 5000 the maximum SPs for attack and defense are 5*5,000+5,003+2-24*3 = 29,933. So the theoretical maximum BSI = 29,933/5,000 = 5.98. But with 10 energy and 3 stam you won't be able to reach a lot of the achievments or to finish a lot of quests even at level 5000 :rolleyes:
With 1000 energy and stam and assuming you did 90% of the blessings the maximum BSI would be (29,933-1000-2*1000-124)/5000 = 5.36.

And 5.36 is NOT approaching 7... so Fugie was just having us all on :eek:

zserg
09-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Fugie is still below 4k I think? Maybe he was wrong about Marian but perhaps his own bsi is close to 7

Ӗѵᶨ⌡ Ͼ۱ѻⱳԉ
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Fugie is still below 4k I think? Maybe he was wrong about Marian but perhaps his own bsi is close to 7

I think he's about 3700-3800 range... Not sure though. He could easily be in the 7 range. Poor little Marion just can't get enough points to do it though :(

Mandred Torgridson
09-25-2012, 01:09 PM

A level 2000 can't reach BSI 7. Let's say hardcore player with 500 energy, 500 stam. Maximum BSI = (1999*5+5003+2-24*3-500-2*500-124)/2000 = 6.65.

Edit: BSI 7 is possible for a level 2000 if he put less than 800 SP into energy and stam (300 energy/250 stam for example). But I doubt any level 2000 has such low energy and stam.

zserg
09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
He said he had near 7. Maybe he has 6.5

Besides you forget about potential quests resets and fest duel resets :p

Fugie
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
He said he had near 7. Maybe he has 6.5

Besides you forget about potential quests resets and fest duel resets :p

:D had a few of those (lost 100K is duels and lost 40K in duel champion made them all up ) ;)

My health, Stam & energy is way below many 1Ks :D