PDA

View Full Version : Questions of Duel and Critical Hits

wmeng72
10-27-2009, 03:36 AM
Hello All,

I am new to Castle Age and have 2 questions.

(1) I keep getting hammered with Duels and keep losing.. was wondering how to better defend? Based on http://castleage.wordpress.com/combat/

It does not matter if you increase your Attack to Defence Stats as BOTH will be used in the formula in determining who wins. If that is the case, what value will the Attack and Defence Stats give you?.. which brings me to my second question...

(2) How do I increase my chances of landing a Critical Hit on dragons? With better Attack Stats?

Thanks everyone!!

Sophia Dragonhunter
10-27-2009, 04:06 AM
1. It matters because your attack stat is more important when attacking, and your defense stat is more important when defending. The exact value is unkown to us, users.

2. It's random.

The Lord of the Files
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM
2. It's random.

Well, it's random-ish, anyway.

As time goes by I've been noticing a significant drop in my number of critical hits.

Something in the crit chance calculation may have changed in recent updates, or there may be a stat correlation that no one has caught on to yet.

I'd say your answer from #1 applies pretty well here, Sophia:

"The exact value is unkown to us, users."

The Lord of the Files
10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
(1) I keep getting hammered with Duels and keep losing.. was wondering how to better defend?

Basic rule of thumb, calculations aside:

More points in defense + better defensive gear + a better general = better chance of defending when dueled.

wmeng72
10-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Basic rule of thumb, calculations aside:

More points in defense + better defensive gear + a better general = better chance of defending when dueled.

Thanks all for your replies... so does that mean that the formula provided in the website i gave is outdated or not applicable?

In a Duel, you will then be using your Attack and Defense, and one each of Armor, Helmet, Weapon, Shield, Magic for whichever Hero is currently equipped as your General.

Reginald has the following equipment in his Inventory: Elven Plate (6/6), a Steel Helm (1/2), the Holy Avenger (12/12), The Blade of Vengeance (17/5), the Shield of Artanis (7/10), four Energy Bolts (1/1) and a Fireball (5/0). His General is Sylvanus (20/20).

Dora has the following equipment in her Inventory: Steel Plate (2/4), the Angelic Crown (7/7), the Cowl of the Avenger (12/7), the Holy Avenger (12/12), a Crystal Rod (9/14), the Lightning Storm (15/7), and 200 Energy Bolts (1/1). Her General is Terra (4/6) – she’s been working on Quests and hasn’t changed back to one of her better Heroes.

Reginald’s TOTAL Attack and Defense is 130. Dora’s is 105. Reginald will be fielding Sylvanus, equipped with Elven Plate (his armor with the best Att rating – 6), the Steel Helm (his helmet with the best Att rating – 1), the Blade of Vengeance (his weapon with the best Att rating – 17), the Shield of Artanis (his shield with the best Att rating – 7), and a Fireball (his spell with the best Att rating - 5). Reginald’s total combat points are:

[Reginald's Att + Def]*2 + Sylvanus’s Att and Def + Reginald’s combined equipment & spells’ total Att, or

130 * 2 + 40 + 36 = 336

Dora’s fielding Terra, equipped as follows: Steel Plate (Def of 4), EITHER the Angelic Crown OR the Cowl of the Avenger (both have a Def of 7, so they are *equivalent* when defending, the computer picks one), the Crystal Rod (which has a Def of 14 and is thus better than the Holy Avenger when defending), and the Lightning Storm (Def 7). Dora’s total combat points are:

[Dora's Att + Def]*2 + Terra’s Att and Def + Dora’s combined equipment & spells’ total Att, or

105*2 + 10 + 32 = 252.

Reginald is going to win, much more often than not.

Mursilis
10-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks all for your replies... so does that mean that the formula provided in the website i gave is outdated or not applicable?

Outdated yes, but very similar to the current equation so it works as a nice guide towards what one should work for. Current equation is of course unknown to you mortals.