PDA

View Full Version : Answers to Why you are Losing Battles/Duels

Pages : [1] 2

HouseNdaHouse
10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I see 20+ threads a day posted with "tell me why I lost pwz??" and they show how they have a larger army, higher level, better units, better generals, etc, etc... and the answer is the same EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Battle Calculations:

Attack/Defense - This part of the equation is weighted big time in the calcs. In other words you could have 501 army units and battle someone with only 50 battle units and lose if your attack/defense stats are terrible.

Example:

Some 1337 (elite) people I've seen here typically have attack stats between 500 and 800 if they are offensive minded. I'm assuming that if they are defensive then their defense stats would be between 500-800. Keep in mind these are people at level 100+ so if you are level 20 don't wonder why you don't have 800 stat points yet LOL.

What you take to battle:
1. Your attack/defense stats
2. Up to a maximum of 501 army units.
2a. This depends on how many Castle Age friends you have. Your # of friends = the number of slots available up to a max of 501.
2b. If you have 501 friends but only have 100 army units then you only bring 100 to battle. Think of friends as # of slots available and it is up to you to fill the slots.
3. Your best generals up to a max of 100 (1 general per 5 army units).
4. Up to 501 of your best att/def rated "items". Items are defined as: armor, weapons, shields, helmets, rings, amulets.
4a. If you have a shield that is 1/10 (11 total) and you have a sword that is 5/5 (10 total)... it is a good guess that the shield is what you bring to battle...not the sword. This is conjecture at this point cuz the mods here are still testing the formulas to check for sure. However, the best guess is highest "combined" value is taken to battle always. If you have 501 units but only have 400 items then you will bring all 400 items regardless of att/def value.
5. Up to 501 of your best magic items. Auras, lightning bolts/storms, fireballs/firewalls, and charms are all considered magic.

Duel Calculations:

What you bring to the Duel:

1. Your Attack/Defense Stats (most important part of the calculation)
2. Your best general (combined stats)
3. Armor
4. Helmet
5. Weapon
6. Shield
7. Amulet/Ring
8. Magic

For much more detailed information on dueling go here Sophia's Dueling Guide (http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=5024)

Sophia Dragonhunter
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Good job. You should add that for invasion battles, attack and defense points are multiplied by your army size, up to 501.

Droidlover
10-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Very nice explanation. With your permission, I might add some of this into my guide.

The Lord of the Files
10-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Mods, please sticky this. Not that anyone will read it before they post, but still...

HouseNdaHouse
10-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Very nice explanation. With your permission, I might add some of this into my guide.

Feel free my friend...

@Lord of the flies = ROFL... how true! What I was thinking though was that instead of answering each time and typing all this stuff out I'll just say..."read the guide in my signature" and just hope it catches on. :P

edit: upon re-reading this I forgot to explain why they lose duels... I focused mainly on battles. WHOOPS!! I'll fix later tonight.

i_am_me
10-27-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm a little bit confused by what you are saying.

For duels you take one of each item.

But for invasions you say that you take only one item for each army member. Is that correct? So a person with a 501 army doesn't need 501 of each item, but rather 501 total?

Droidlover
10-27-2009, 12:18 AM

But for invasions you say that you take only one item for each army member. Is that correct? So a person with a 501 army doesn't need 501 of each item, but rather 501 total?

For duels you take one of each type of item: weapon, shield, helmet, armor, amulet, spell.

For invasions you take one unit, one item, and one magic for each member of your army (providing you have enough).

Here is a link for a visual example. click here (http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showpost.php?p=45435&postcount=3)

i_am_me
10-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Thats good to know because I had heard otherwise.

The other thing I've been wondering about is how att/def stats are counted for dueling. I've seen the formula for invading, but not for dueling. Are they as important for dueling?

Droidlover
10-27-2009, 12:35 AM
The other thing I've been wondering about is how att/def stats are counted for dueling. I've seen the formula for invading, but not for dueling. Are they as important for dueling?

Att/def stats are always important no matter how you battle. Its just that when dueling, its important to get the best items possible, not massive amounts of items.

i_am_me
10-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Do we actually have the formula or is all this information just gathered from what people have calculated?

Chippy
10-27-2009, 01:17 AM

Thank you! You are one of the very few people who actually know how generals are used in invasions. Most people seem to think they can use 101 generals, not that it makes much difference. No one has close to 100 generals right now anyway lol

Sophia Dragonhunter
10-27-2009, 03:07 AM
Do we actually have the formula or is all this information just gathered from what people have calculated?

Only the devs have the actual formula. However, we know that for invasions, attack and defense are multiplied by your army size (up to 501) and for duels, it is not.

HouseNdaHouse
10-27-2009, 03:53 AM

Find the post Sophia Dragonhunter created on dueling... I don't have that one stickied in my stuff yet.

edit: look at her signature she has a link there.

Sophia Dragonhunter
10-27-2009, 04:17 AM
My guide is only about how to build a successful dueler, it does not explain how duels work. I will add that section now though, if it's going to be referencied often. Thanks =P

Deville
10-27-2009, 09:32 PM
House,
Thanks for taking the time to share this. Some people *do* actually read thru the threads B4 asking questions. :D

I already understood this (pretty much) but your explanation makes it very clear. I am now dreaming of attack/def stats in the 500-800 range !!! And I had NO idea it would be possible to attain 100 generals. ::::: drool :::::

I see 20+ threads a day posted with "tell me why I lost pwz??" and they show how they have a larger army, higher level, better units, better generals, etc, etc... and the answer is the same EVERY SINGLE TIME! .............

Thunder777
10-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I have already read the guide you link sends to. And your guide would be more helpful if you had a quick definition of what the attack/defense stats are. I thought it would be the total of the attack/defense of all items on your battle list. I did not realize it just MY attack/defense. You see, I am new to the game, not an old pro like you. You are assuming everyone picks up on simple stuff like that. WRONG !!! Bet there are more folks like me....

HouseNdaHouse
10-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I have already read the guide you link sends to. And your guide would be more helpful if you had a quick definition of what the attack/defense stats are. I thought it would be the total of the attack/defense of all items on your battle list. I did not realize it just MY attack/defense. You see, I am new to the game, not an old pro like you. You are assuming everyone picks up on simple stuff like that. WRONG !!! Bet there are more folks like me....

1. Relax bro...I've only been here 2 months lol
2. Truth is... no one knows exactly how the battle formula works which is why I am not very exact in my post. What we do know is that your personal stats weigh heavily in the calculations more so than units or equipment. The stats from your units and your equipment still enter the equation... otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have footmen and phoenixs with different stats. All the stats make a difference.

As an example let's just assume that your personal stats account for 50% of the equation. Then your units/equipment/magic/generals would account for the other 50% combined. I apologize on teh moderators and developers behalf for not being able to spell out the calculation exactly for you. We are all just giving advice as best we can based on what we know.

I hope that helps.

Suzeela
11-02-2009, 11:03 PM
In duels, I have this question too, will the computer automatically select the best items you have in each category (weapon, shield, helmet, armour, amulet, magic spell) to arm your general?

HouseNdaHouse
11-03-2009, 02:00 AM
In duels, I have this question too, will the computer automatically select the best items you have in each category (weapon, shield, helmet, armour, amulet, magic spell) to arm your general?

yes. I know this cuz it just happened to me. My general used to use the dreadnought horns as a helmet but when I got an angelic crown that slot was switched with the new more powerful helmet! I'm not sure what happens if your stats are tied... but, if your best equipment is somehow tied in stats with something else let us know which one the computer chose and why.

feathin
11-21-2009, 03:08 PM
HouseNdaHouse, since you have the equipment listed under dueling, could you add gloves to it, so its complete?

taylorchase
11-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Somebody should sticky this

Jorge Rivas
11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
No. If it's stickied nobody will read it.

Dirty Bill
11-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Ok,so even if my hard stats are in one particular dual, 38 attack,32 defense,...and the opponent has 25 attack and 30 defense,I still lose...It seems very curious to me :confused:, although his army was bigger,I thought that was the reason for a duel,to be able to fight a numerically superior enemy..any way I lost...:( I'm the fng so it doesn't really matter...just seems curious..:cool:

feathin
11-21-2009, 05:30 PM
No. If it's stickied nobody will read it.

So true. I think the only reason for stickying things is to make it easier for us to find them to link to.

Ok,so even if my hard stats are in one particular dual, 38 attack,32 defense,...and the opponent has 25 attack and 30 defense,I still lose...It seems very curious to me :confused:, although his army was bigger,I thought that was the reason for a duel,to be able to fight a numerically superior enemy..any way I lost...:( I'm the fng so it doesn't really matter...just seems curious..:cool:

What do you mean by "hard stats"? If you mean the item stats, then no, its the player's own stats (you see your own in your keep, and you never see your opponent's unless they personally tell you) that are very important, especially in cases where the items are fairly close.

wyer
11-21-2009, 07:56 PM
bump..could we get a sticky on this?

Punkle
11-21-2009, 09:52 PM
To clear up abit:

When it comes to "arming" your army (lets say 500, witch is max).
You will need 501 units, 501 Items, 501 Magic. (+1 is you).
And you can equip 1 General pr.5 army.

For just you. (duel, moster etc) you need one of each thing. (1 general, 1 weapon, 1 armor, 1 shield("off hand"), 1 helmet, 1 amulet, 1 spell and a glove.

Easiest way to see what you are using of equipment is the Duel someone(or fight a monster), Invade someone.

Mursilis
11-21-2009, 10:51 PM
I give up. While I don't think making this a sticky will help, let's try it for a few days and see what happens. At least it will be easier to find.

wyer
11-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Tank you MurMur.

ekultra
11-23-2009, 02:07 AM
what is the point of building an army, buying units and spending millions on equipment when all you have to do is spend points on att/def. Of course that goes completely against the guides that say to spend points on energy so you can progress thru the game. Basically, what you're saying is that all the recruiting i've done means jack squat. The army i've built doesn't do me a bit of good. Even when i've spent the money to equip them all as well. I read Lenas guide Mursilis. After your post i've read it twice. Basically it seems that player stats is all that matters. If that's the case then this entire venture has been a waste of time as far as building an army.

Chippy
11-23-2009, 04:59 AM
what is the point of building an army, buying units and spending millions on equipment when all you have to do is spend points on att/def. Of course that goes completely against the guides that say to spend points on energy so you can progress thru the game. Basically, what you're saying is that all the recruiting i've done means jack squat. The army i've built doesn't do me a bit of good. Even when i've spent the money to equip them all as well. I read Lenas guide Mursilis. After your post i've read it twice. Basically it seems that player stats is all that matters. If that's the case then this entire venture has been a waste of time as far as building an army.

Well it really depends on what type of player you are. If you are a monster hunter or quester, army means squat to you. If you are PvP player, then army does matter, along with the items you buy for them. Yes it's true that personal stats matter more than your army size, but having a large army helps you increase your chances of winning too. So, army size is not the most important factor, but it sure helps :)

Mursilis
11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Well it really depends on what type of player you are. If you are a monster hunter or quester, army means squat to you. If you are PvP player, then army does matter, along with the items you buy for them. Yes it's true that personal stats matter more than your army size, but having a large army helps you increase your chances of winning too. So, army size is not the most important factor, but it sure helps :)

Actually army size plays a huge role in PvP. Your stats are multiplied by your army size during invasions, which is why you need a full army to be successful in invasions. Only duels don't care about army size.

Chippy
11-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Actually army size plays a huge role in PvP. Your stats are multiplied by your army size during invasions, which is why you need a full army to be successful in invasions. Only duels don't care about army size.

Army size doesn't actually make that big of a difference. Trust me, people have beat me using 30 army to my 501 (and I had a defensive build at that time too). And you can see many threads in the forums where people ask why they lost to a smaller army, and it's all because of the other person's stats.

HouseNdaHouse
11-23-2009, 07:02 PM

ty sir. I couldn't agree more. Dude missed the point of the thread entirely. I love questing...I do it daily! However, I see no point in putting 200-300 energy or 200-300 stamina cuz it really won't do much for you in the end. You'll end up lvl 400 with tons of equpment and armyunits and get your butt kicked in battles all day long. If you love monsters ONLY then my guide is not for you. I try to play balanced killing 1-2 monsters daily, and finishing at least 1-3 quest influences daily to add to my att/def.

This guide was written cuz 100's of ppl daily whine and cry about being picked on in the battle system. This is just a great way to keep the majority of them off your back!.

Mursilis
11-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Army size doesn't actually make that big of a difference. Trust me, people have beat me using 30 army to my 501 (and I had a defensive build at that time too). And you can see many threads in the forums where people ask why they lost to a smaller army, and it's all because of the other person's stats.

It's because the other person dueled. In dueling army size matters not, but when invading it matters a whole lot. It all depends on how you attack and are attacked.

Chippy
11-24-2009, 04:41 AM
It's because the other person dueled. In dueling army size matters not, but when invading it matters a whole lot. It all depends on how you attack and are attacked.

No Mursilis, I invaded him and lost. He only had 30 army but I had 501. So clearly personal stats outweigh army size.

jaadkins2006
11-24-2009, 05:19 AM
I've had several occasions where I see in my battle news that someone has attacked me and beat me over and over. I have pretty good stats and a 501 army, so I usually invade back to see what they're fighting with and then I win. This usually gets followed by them attacking back and winning the fight again...so what I'm getting at is, is there some sort of bonus for initiating the attack?

I just experimented with another one. They attacked me several times and won every fight. My stats are all the same as when they attacked me and I win whenever I attack back. I tried dueling to see if that's how he beat me and it wasn't even close...so I'm guessing there's either some randomness to the battle formula or an attackers bonus

Angelus
11-24-2009, 06:43 AM
If this is anything like Vampire Wars combat factors, then what you bring to battle differs if you are attacking than if u are defending.

If you are attacking,

Units, Items and Magic's that have the highest attack rating should be pulled into battle first ..

eg:

Sword of Kick your Butt ... +10 / +2

Sword of Cover my Butt ... +2 / +10

If you were attacking, the 1st sword would be 1st to be brought into battle (as its attack level is highest)

If you were being attacked, the 2nd sword would be brought into battle 1st (because its defensive level is higher)

In other applications the visual of what u use in combat is more defined because u have a clear distinction between what is offensive and what is defensive.

I don't believe the highest combined total items get considered ... because they would be rated differently depending on if u are the aggressor or the victim of combat.

items with stats such as ...

1/10 1/2 3/4 5/2 6/7 10/1

If attacking .. the order would be .. 10/1 6/7 5/2 3/4 1/10 1/2

If defending .. the order would be .. 1/10 6/7 3/4 5/2 1/2 10/1

i hope this helps explain what should get brought to battle (that is if it works as other applications)

If it doesnt, then i'm sorry for any confusion .. and devs please feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Mursilis
11-24-2009, 10:18 AM
No Mursilis, I invaded him and lost. He only had 30 army but I had 501. So clearly personal stats outweigh army size.

Then your Attack/Defense stats are absolutely terrible when compared to your opponent. That's the only explanation as when invading army size is very important, as shown by the fact it is multiplied by personal stats.

HouseNdaHouse
11-24-2009, 10:57 PM

I agree with Mursilis on this one, however, dude must be built like a tank! It happened to me the other day a general or high general lvl 226 attacked me and we both had 501 armies, but, I won. He is probably a stamina/energy monster type guy that lvled very quickly and thought a lvl 110 guy would lose easily to his lvl since he is over twice my lvl.

I guarantee it was because I have over 500 defense whereas he must have low attack due to his stamina/energy stats.

I'm currently working on making my army units stronger too and pretty soon my worst army unit will be a dwarven battlemaster. That means I'll be strong as hell for most attackers!! Nowhere near some of the legends and long timers here...but, a force to be reckoned with for sure! ;)

Corvec
11-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Umm...

When attacking, isn't your attack compared to their defense?

And when they attack, isn't your defense compared to their attack?

So if you have, say, 500 attack and 100 defense and they have 500 attack and 100 defense, of course you're both going to win when attacking.

HouseNdaHouse
11-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Umm...

When attacking, isn't your attack compared to their defense?

And when they attack, isn't your defense compared to their attack?

So if you have, say, 500 attack and 100 defense and they have 500 attack and 100 defense, of course you're both going to win when attacking.

Correct! Good job figuring that one out. Taht is exactly what happens. Currently I think a floating percentage is worked into the equation because sometimes a person attacks me and wins then they go for a second or third attack and lose. Leading me to believe our stats are similar (I'm defensive in nature) so let's say we both have 501 armies and my defense is 500 and their attack is 500. Our equip/magic may not be exactly the same, but, for that guy to win one and lose two I'm guessing there is some sort of variable in the battle equation.

Even though no one really knows what the variable is or what the exact calcs are... it is safe to say I think the current battle calcs are very fair for both offense and defense!

mohsin0608
11-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Can anyone tell me why i lost???? please see the picture...

ENLIGHTENED 1
11-27-2009, 12:26 PM
because his stats are better than yours...just because your general is better and you have better weapons does not mean you will win...he has invested more stats in atk/def than you

Chippy
11-27-2009, 10:34 PM
....for that guy to win one and lose two I'm guessing there is some sort of variable in the battle equation.

Yeah there definitely is a (luck?) factor involved, especially if you and your opponent are equally good.

luke
11-28-2009, 12:47 AM
remember back in the day when everybody knew the battle rules because it was the only thing to figure out.

jacjacdaniels
11-29-2009, 02:07 AM
Ok. Thank you for all of that. One question: When I do duel someone...with my having the advantage on just about every level when I attack, I wind up loosing because they have weapons that I haven't been able to snag.
That said, where do you find the weapons? Are they dropped in a loot? They are certainly not in the Treasure Chests
Ex:
Sword of Redemption
Blade of Vengeance
Cowl of the Avenger
Robes of the Tempest
Berserker Axe
Shield of Artanis

Are these items dropped from paying homage and doing the Quests?

Thank you ahead of time.

Knubbs
11-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Ok. Thank you for all of that. One question: When I do duel someone...with my having the advantage on just about every level when I attack, I wind up loosing because they have weapons that I haven't been able to snag.
That said, where do you find the weapons? Are they dropped in a loot? They are certainly not in the Treasure Chests
Ex:
Sword of Redemption
Blade of Vengeance
Cowl of the Avenger
Robes of the Tempest
Berserker Axe
Shield of Artanis

Are these items dropped from paying homage and doing the Quests?

Thank you ahead of time.

Sword of Redemption, Blade of Vengeance, and the Cowl are all from Azeron. Robes of the Tempest are from Ambrosia, Axe from Malekus, and Shield I don't believe is available, as it was equipment with a monthly general.

rowena_selene
11-30-2009, 02:30 AM
Currently I think a floating percentage is worked into the equation because sometimes a person attacks me and wins then they go for a second or third attack and lose. Leading me to believe our stats are similar (I'm defensive in nature) so let's say we both have 501 armies and my defense is 500 and their attack is 500. Our equip/magic may not be exactly the same, but, for that guy to win one and lose two I'm guessing there is some sort of variable in the battle equation.

Ah ha! I've been wondering about that. I've had a few occasions now where I will alternate between winning and losing with the same opponent in a matter of seconds. I was chalking it up to them potentially adding skill points while I attacked, but I chain attack (primarily invade) so it was messing with me quite a bit when I'd find a target giving me 10+ BP and $100k+ only to lose on the second attack with the same battle report. There seemed to be a correlation between whether I attacked with the 'Invade' button in their page (usually wins), or clicking the 'Attack Again' button (usually losses).

Sir Markus
11-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Hehe.....I read it before posting.....

I have found that the more you research early on and the more info you acquire early on...the better off you will be.

To neglect attack and defense would seem to set you up for disaster. It depends on your overall goals too. Lots of ways to approach the game.

Raistlan
12-01-2009, 04:55 AM
so are you saying that the max number of units is 501. i have well over a thousand footmen archers knights paladins etc. should i only carry 501 because that is all the army members i can have, or do more help?

rowena_selene
12-01-2009, 07:33 AM
so are you saying that the max number of units is 501. i have well over a thousand footmen archers knights paladins etc. should i only carry 501 because that is all the army members i can have, or do more help?

The only reason to have specific kinds of soldiers, especially weaker ones, is for completing quests. Otherwise, if you literally have 1k soldier units, you might make a buck selling off the weaker ones since you can't actually take them into battle anyway. Also, if your army size isn't at 501 in addition to your number of soldier units, there's even more of them that are just sitting pretty in your Keep.

HouseNdaHouse
12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
The only reason to have specific kinds of soldiers, especially weaker ones, is for completing quests. Otherwise, if you literally have 1k soldier units, you might make a buck selling off the weaker ones since you can't actually take them into battle anyway. Also, if your army size isn't at 501 in addition to your number of soldier units, there's even more of them that are just sitting pretty in your Keep.

don't go just randomly selling army units. aS long as there is no upkeep, keep them. Reasoning behind this is the questing. Even if you someday finish all your quests I would still keep at least the bare minimum needed to finish all quests. I don't know how many times I've been under 20 points away from leveling with 0 stamina and only 15 energy or so... I can go to one of the first realms and quest a few times and voila! I level.

It is easier to kill monsters for cash than to sell your army units for cash. Now, as of today, you need 75 angels to complete quests. So, if you have 500 angels, then ya, I'd sell some but I'd keep at least the 75 so I can come back to quest in that realm.

jmg29
12-06-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm confused. If the attack/defense stats are the most important how is it that people that I duel and win agains then retaliate and duel me and win. It almost seems like if you initiate the duel your almost gauaranteed to win.

If i can defeat them in direct duel how do i lose when they retaliate duel?

omegawulph
12-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Because you are both built to attack. If you have more in attack points then you don't have as many in defense. If you are attacking someone with a low defense then you will win but if your defense is low and they attack you back they will win as well.

Victor008
12-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Selling off weaker army? You would scare your visitor off and not many people will visit you in the battlefield.
:DMake yourself look strong and weak and make yourself look weak when strong:D

HouseNdaHouse
12-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm confused. If the attack/defense stats are the most important how is it that people that I duel and win agains then retaliate and duel me and win. It almost seems like if you initiate the duel your almost gauaranteed to win.

If i can defeat them in direct duel how do i lose when they retaliate duel?

EZ if you put #'s on paper...

Let's say, for arguments sake, that you guys are equal since you trade wins depending on who attacks. Since stats weigh the biggest in calcs let's also assume you are similar in stats.

You: 500attack/100defense Him: 500attack/100defense

Your items can even be a bit better and he will still win cuz when he attacks it is 500 vs. 100 so even if your general has a few more stat points or you have sword of redemption vs. his holy avenger... the fact he has 400 more offense than you when attacking means he will win every time!

The same is true if you attack him!

raggttop91
12-14-2009, 11:21 PM
1,138Invasions Won 57 Duels Won
12 Invasions Lost 140 Duels Lost
+ 34 Streak +3 Streak

As far as Invasions, Im kicking butt. As far as duels, I guess I need better stuff? When folks invade me, they lose, when they duel me, they win.

accisseAtotte
12-17-2009, 04:14 AM
I have not yet, though private study tommorow will be great fun :D I will take a picture of the study table thing and all the people around me wanting to watch when bored out of their minds :D

Edit: I can see apple getting a lot of sales because of this site then the app.

frog
12-18-2009, 11:19 PM
can someone tell me how on earth you can have a 531 army when the limit is as far as i know 501 i have been attacked by this person 7 times which i don't mind so much but when i attacked him back i saw that his army was 531 how????? because if the limit was higher mine would be at 670 now
ps if anyone wants to check him out look for sentin

Mursilis
12-19-2009, 12:45 AM
can someone tell me how on earth you can have a 531 army when the limit is as far as i know 501 i have been attacked by this person 7 times which i don't mind so much but when i attacked him back i saw that his army was 531 how????? because if the limit was higher mine would be at 670 now
ps if anyone wants to check him out look for sentin

There are a few generals (Artanis, Meph, Vulcan?) that allow one to have more than 501 army when they are the active general. It was introduced several days ago in one of the updates.

Resistol
12-20-2009, 04:33 AM
I am a level 113 L. General with an army of 501...have 501 soldiers all above Phoenix 501 weapons loaded with commanders plates and I lose a battle to a level 90 commander with an army of 31 with 39 soldiers...I don`t get it makes no sense...he shouldn`t be able to stand a chance...I put forth a lot of efort to build my army to this point only to lose to a little piece of ###t!!! makes me angry...then when i attack him back I totally destroy the pour guy...waist stamina I could be using to help others...just to maintain my battle level...I would like to be given a real good reason WHY??? with real soldiers on a real field he would need nuclear weapons to beat me...but his 39 soldiers beat my 501...fat chance in hell

Defyeler
12-20-2009, 05:50 AM
I am a level 113 L. General with an army of 501...have 501 soldiers all above Phoenix 501 weapons loaded with commanders plates and I lose a battle to a level 90 commander with an army of 31 with 39 soldiers...I don`t get it makes no sense...he shouldn`t be able to stand a chance...I put forth a lot of efort to build my army to this point only to lose to a little piece of ###t!!! makes me angry...then when i attack him back I totally destroy the pour guy...waist stamina I could be using to help others...just to maintain my battle level...I would like to be given a real good reason WHY??? with real soldiers on a real field he would need nuclear weapons to beat me...but his 39 soldiers beat my 501...fat chance in hell

Are you sure he didn't Duel you when he won? I beat alot of higher level crazy army guys this way. I almost always Duel when I initiate the fight because I know there are Artanis / Crom / Mephi's out there that will make me lose alot.

Conrose
12-20-2009, 06:00 AM

Yeah, I'd duel you, grind you to dust and move on to the next random person on the battle list.

wyer
12-20-2009, 03:19 PM
All the geneals, commanders palte and phonexies don#t help in duels. Why is it that no one realizes how important tne application of skill points are?

wyer
12-20-2009, 03:49 PM
My bad..posted in wrong thread..moving it now...so sorry.

tcguitar
12-20-2009, 05:23 PM
What I don't understand is how in a duel I can lose to someone who has lesser equipment and a lower attack defense rating with their general. My items will all be clearly superior, my general will have a higher attack/defense rating and we will be the same battle rank (legionare etc) but I will lose the duel and I'm talking not even close in stats, I will be clearly superior in every catagory, but I'll lose. This doesn't happen often, but sometimes. I'll duel them a few times in a row to make sure and I'll lose each time, explain that to me please.:confused:

Defyeler
12-20-2009, 05:41 PM
What I don't understand is how in a duel I can lose to someone who has lesser equipment and a lower attack defense rating with their general. My items will all be clearly superior, my general will have a higher attack/defense rating and we will be the same battle rank (legionare etc) but I will lose the duel and I'm talking not even close in stats, I will be clearly superior in every catagory, but I'll lose. This doesn't happen often, but sometimes. I'll duel them a few times in a row to make sure and I'll lose each time, explain that to me please.:confused:

Because their personal stats (NOT their general's) trump your TOTAL stats, including your equip and general. Your stats are VERY important in Duels. Not just your General and your equipment.

For example, and I love this because my GF kicks alot of battle ass.

She has really crappy gear.

Weapon : Holy Avenger [+12 damage]
Off-Hand : Dragon Scale [+4 damage]
Helmet : Moonfall Crown [+6 damage]
Armor : Atlantean Armor [+4 damage]
Amulet : Amulet of Cefka [+6 damage]
Spell : Lightning Storm [+15 damage]
Glove : Gildamesh's Gauntlet [+2 damage]

She's only level 71. She's an LC. Her BEST general is Celesta, and she wins 99% of her battles... because the other folks out there have stupid stat allocation for PvP that is. They may be great Monster Hunters with high ATT / STA but my girl has UBER ATT/DEF for her level.

Arnd of Hwlffordd
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
LOL - Pray to the gods in order to receive better duelling equipment...

I've got 501 as well, but I'm very balanced as well (win some and lose some). Had a good one yesterday, someone kicked my a$$ and hauled me for 13 points I kicked his for 13 points each too. I don't know how this one was calculated, but was certainly interesting. I actually never spy, just look for the rank and go in with a duel at the moment (for the award).

Fragglelox
12-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I love this because my GF kicks alot of battle ass.
She's only level 71. She's an LC. Her BEST general is Celesta, and she wins 99% of her battles... because the other folks out there have stupid stat allocation for PvP that is. They may be great Monster Hunters with high ATT / STA but my girl has UBER ATT/DEF for her level.

ZOMG... Grrl gamers FTW! I'll kindly step away from her should I encounter her in battle (mayhap not...as I'm a girl with a respectable W/L ratio and can hold my own, granted I don't battle often)

I've been chained by higher lvl duelers (a poster mentioned up thread about PvP being army dependent. I think he's confusing that with PvE as PvP play style is one on one, ergo dueling) and noticed in my news feed that they would win and lose intermittently throughout their attacks to which I find interesting. But in my cases, payback is a ***** when I come back and invade their arses... and win. Time and again.

And if I haven't mentioned before, this app ****ING ROCKS! /apolgies for the profanity and the Kanye West Caps Lock.

I love that the Devs have progressed this game to suit ALL manner of gaming style with the releasing of various monster battles. I've been playing prior to all the upgrades when the game was a bit "boring" and am happy to see that the Devs here are really keen on making this game as exciting and it seems and that they really do care about player feedbacks to make this more successful.

avsquare
12-21-2009, 04:54 AM
Because their personal stats (NOT their general's) trump your TOTAL stats, including your equip and general. Your stats are VERY important in Duels. Not just your General and your equipment.

For example, and I love this because my GF kicks alot of battle ass.

She has really crappy gear.

Weapon : Holy Avenger [+12 damage]
Off-Hand : Dragon Scale [+4 damage]
Helmet : Moonfall Crown [+6 damage]
Armor : Atlantean Armor [+4 damage]
Amulet : Amulet of Cefka [+6 damage]
Spell : Lightning Storm [+15 damage]
Glove : Gildamesh's Gauntlet [+2 damage]

I would assume her stats to be..

300 Attack
200 Defense

or 10-20% higher? :p

Defyeler
12-21-2009, 05:19 AM
I would assume her stats to be..

300 Attack
200 Defense

or 10-20% higher? :p

A bit higher, and almost even ATT/DEF

veliscorin
12-21-2009, 01:35 PM
A bit higher, and almost even ATT/DEF

How do you (or in this case she) choke up till her ATT/DEF stats combined are more than 7x her level? I'm 70 now, and my combined ratio is only 5x my level... Am i doing something wrong here though

Mursilis
12-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Probably has less stamina invested than you, and completed more of the low level quests/demi quests for the additional stat points.

Defyeler
12-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Probably has less stamina invested than you, and completed more of the low level quests/demi quests for the additional stat points.

Exactly what he said. Her Energy is 50 and her STA is 30.

KysieriiFir
12-23-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks! At least now I know why I haven't won that many duels...guess I just have to really focus on my attack then? I keep my attack and defense pretty much around the same...

Victor008
12-25-2009, 12:25 AM
I met a tough guy with only a few staminas, I guess, because he dueled me four time for a few days. Luckily, my state is quite good and my 500+ army is quite sophisticated, so I could smashed him :D

DanielToh
12-25-2009, 04:05 AM
My General is A23, D23, my opponent is A25, D25
My level is 90 and my opponent is 87
I am a General and my opponent is Baron
I won in almost every item except Lightning Bolt A8, D6 vs my opponent's Lighting Storm A15, D7

My own Attack is 228 and Defence is 428
I have very low Energy and Stamina as I concentrate all my skill points to Attack and Defence. Energy 33, Stamina 35

I lost my duel with him/her 70% of the times...

Victor008
12-25-2009, 11:32 PM
My General is A23, D23, my opponent is A25, D25
My level is 90 and my opponent is 87
I am a General and my opponent is Baron
I won in almost every item except Lightning Bolt A8, D6 vs my opponent's Lighting Storm A15, D7

My own Attack is 228 and Defence is 428
I have very low Energy and Stamina as I concentrate all my skill points to Attack and Defence. Energy 33, Stamina 35

I lost my duel with him/her 70% of the times...

That is because you duel her and your attack state is lower than her defense :D I am sure that she is not interested in dueling you :D

eryn
12-26-2009, 08:26 AM
pls can someone explane to me what just happened to me: all attacking that i did yesterday it didn't record so i had to do it twice, but i didn't get back my stamina, and in the end, when there were 10 hours left to slay monster, and when i returned to attack it 5 minuts later there was written defeat!

rohitvip
12-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Those abilites of Artanis, Meph, Vulcan having more then 501 army is sucks!

gareth_t
12-27-2009, 10:52 PM
so where are all the formulas stored can trsh ppl in invade mode but in dual mode it varies from fight to fight example equal level and within 10 points skill or what ever i lose every time even thought i out class on every item for personal use this makes no sense i'm playing cooprative at moment (killing dragons orcs sea creatures ect) and had points left to play why should i bother just to have the snot kicked out of me and lose battle point cause i get enough nicked when i'm not playing 300 the last time (stuff this)

HouseNdaHouse
12-28-2009, 02:10 AM
pls can someone explane to me what just happened to me: all attacking that i did yesterday it didn't record so i had to do it twice, but i didn't get back my stamina, and in the end, when there were 10 hours left to slay monster, and when i returned to attack it 5 minuts later there was written defeat!

This is a monster problem. I've never had a battle not register so unsure what the problem is.

@rohitivip - did that comment add to the guide at all? My suggestion - go get one of the generals you hate so you can compete on a larger scale.

DAVE6263
12-28-2009, 01:31 PM
level 119
Weapon: Blade of Vengeance [+17atk, +15def]
Off-Hand: Dragon Scale [+4atk, +9def]
Helmet: Cowl of the Avenger [+12atk, +7def]
Armor: Pauldrons of Light [+5atk, +11def]
Amulet: Amulet of Cefka [+6atk, +12def]
Spell: Lightning Storm [+15atk, +7def]
Glove: Gildamesh's Gauntlet [+2atk, +1def]

level 109
Weapon: Holy Avenger [+12atk, +12def]
Helmet: Atlantean Helm [+4atk, +5def]
Armor: Demonic Armor [+5atk, +8def]
Amulet: Jewel of Fire [+7atk, +6def]

this duel was lost by the level 119 player -- if attk/def are an intergral part of the duel why is it not listed?

Heks
12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
level 119

level 109

this duel was lost by the level 119 player -- if attk/def are an intergral part of the duel why is it not listed?

Do you know someone's stats in real life?
Who the attacker is might also play a big role in that situation.
Besides, that would take the mystery out of why they got their teeth kicked in.

Defyeler
12-28-2009, 03:52 PM
level 119

level 109

Being able to see each other's stats is a huge tactical advantage / disadvantage for all people. Imagine if I knew I'd kick your teeth in every fight, I would not fight anyone else but you.

Victor008
12-29-2009, 02:30 PM
level 119

level 109

If things are so predictable, life would be so boring:D

Lord LRod
12-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Thank You for this invaluable infomation!! I can now start Battling!!! U just opened up more of CA for me!!

Yorocius
12-31-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't think many of my friends currently use this app. Add me please!

*link deleted*

No, but I would be happy to chain attack you for posting in the wrong area.

Lytbringr
01-02-2010, 04:45 AM
They should use this in the FAQ.

HouseNdaHouse
01-03-2010, 05:09 PM
They should use this in the FAQ.

it is in teh stickies which is practically the same thing ;)

jo341969
01-06-2010, 07:41 AM
I see 20+ threads a day posted with "tell me why I lost pwz??" and they show how they have a larger army, higher level, better units, better generals, etc, etc... and the answer is the same EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Battle Calculations:

Attack/Defense - This part of the equation is weighted big time in the calcs. In other words you could have 501 army units and battle someone with only 50 battle units and lose if your attack/defense stats are terrible.

Example:

Some 1337 (elite) people I've seen here typically have attack stats between 500 and 800 if they are offensive minded. I'm assuming that if they are defensive then their defense stats would be between 500-800. Keep in mind these are people at level 100+ so if you are level 20 don't wonder why you don't have 800 stat points yet LOL.

What you take to battle:
2a. This depends on how many Castle Age friends you have. Your # of friends = the number of slots available up to a max of 501.
2b. If you have 501 friends but only have 100 army units then you only bring 100 to battle. Think of friends as # of slots available and it is up to you to fill the slots.
4. Up to 501 of your best att/def rated "items". Items are defined as: armor, weapons, shields, helmets, rings, amulets.
4a. If you have a shield that is 1/10 (11 total) and you have a sword that is 5/5 (10 total)... it is a good guess that the shield is what you bring to battle...not the sword. This is conjecture at this point cuz the mods here are still testing the formulas to check for sure. However, the best guess is highest "combined" value is taken to battle always. If you have 501 units but only have 400 items then you will bring all 400 items regardless of att/def value.
5. Up to 501 of your best magic items. Auras, lightning bolts/storms, fireballs/firewalls, and charms are all considered magic.

Duel Calculations:

3. Armor
4. Helmet
5. Weapon
6. Shield
7. Amulet/Ring
8. Magic

For much more detailed information on dueling go here Sophia's Dueling Guide (http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=5024)

Hi
Just joined to say i only loose battles to other members when im off line? i am loosing to a tw*t with 8 in his army and ive got 148 with high attack/defence. when i play and go and attack him i beat him easy ? Can anyone explain how that works when ur not online to watch whos attacking you? This really puzzels me.
Jo

Chao
01-06-2010, 07:07 PM
but no defense.

jo341969
01-08-2010, 04:06 AM
But i was dueling aswell? also if he has 8 army how come on my home page it says he battled me i lost he and 37 others took gold? where did the 37 come from?

LilKayla
01-08-2010, 04:19 AM
37 other players also attacked you

jo341969
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
yes 37 and he has an army of 8? i can copy and paste what is in my home page to show u.to me he should have 37 army

bad haiku
01-10-2010, 12:48 AM
It means that there are 37 separate players who attacked you. Perhaps they lost, perhaps they won. It doesn't matter.

plague
01-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi,

I am confused about the items used in an in invasion. If I have 501 army, will each of them be equipped with a weapon, helmet, amulet etc. or will they only be equipped with 1 item each?

In other sense, should I just have 501 soldiers, 501 equipment (I won't need command plate and gladiator sword. One of them should be enough.) and 501 magic spells?

Arctic Wolf
01-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi,

I am confused about the items used in an in invasion. If I have 501 army, will each of them be equipped with a weapon, helmet, amulet etc. or will they only be equipped with 1 item each?

In other sense, should I just have 501 soldiers, 501 equipment (I won't need command plate and gladiator sword. One of them should be enough.) and 501 magic spells?

Yes thats right all items you get except spells count for the equipment used in invasions.....so if you wanted aim for 501 commander's plate or less if you got items that have a better total of that pts greater then 14 :D

Ice_prince
01-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes thats right all items you get except spells count for the equipment used in invasions.....so if you wanted aim for 501 commander's plate or less if you got items that have a better total of that pts greater then 14 :D
Soldier in CA are weirdo..one is only bring sword, other just put their crown, the other went with a chest plate rushing forward..get used to it..
I'm copying this from other thread..sorry im too lazy to quote^^

Princess Venera
01-11-2010, 06:14 AM
I've been doing invading instead of duels.

If I attack someone a couple of ranks above me with 0 to 60+ army I get about 15 battle points.

I've tried dueling but i never win. I've only won about 5 duels so far.

I need to win more duels.

You get favor points for rewards if you win 25 + duels

MikCA
01-12-2010, 03:51 AM
I skimmed through the posts and didn't find an answer. I apologize if I missed it somewhere.

Do you know how this invading/battling works? I'm confused. I invade someone and win, then I invade again and lose. I try a third time and lose again. I have 1 more hero then them and three more soldiers (of the same type) as them. How can I win once and then lose two times in a row against the same person? Thanks a lot!

LilKayla
01-12-2010, 04:04 AM
If you had read the first page or two of this thread you would know the simple answer is they have enough stats in defense to block you. Go read up in th PVP thread about stats, and then go read up on Dueler and Invader builds while you are at it. You can find links to many of these articles from the questions link in my sig.

agedbeef
01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I.... am going to hide in the general chat now.. gonna concentrate playing CA and will resurface again when I reach lvl 200! (easy 5 months) thx for sharing with my boobs post.. it was fun meeting all of ya.. and nice making friends with some.. and hope some of you still still stick around long long time from now... :D

Cray
01-13-2010, 01:47 PM
hi.. this is my 1st post and here is my question, will this attack/def stats effect monster attack..?

Parableman
01-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Actually, I think MikCA is experiencing the randomness effect from being too closely tied with the opponent, so sometimes the random factor puts you over and sometimes your opponent. That was actually addressed earlier in the thread.

HouseNdaHouse
01-15-2010, 02:58 AM
I skimmed through the posts and didn't find an answer. I apologize if I missed it somewhere.

Do you know how this invading/battling works? I'm confused. I invade someone and win, then I invade again and lose. I try a third time and lose again. I have 1 more hero then them and three more soldiers (of the same type) as them. How can I win once and then lose two times in a row against the same person? Thanks a lot!

1. no way you "skimmed" anything cuz the answers are all in the very first post.

2. I don't say that to be mean... I say it because there are no easy answers to your qeustions unless you actually read the stickies. Taht is what they are for.

I'd type it out again, but, I'll just ask that you plz read the very first post on teh very first page and 99.9% of your questions will be answered.

Grellen
01-16-2010, 04:24 AM

Battle Calculations:

Example:

What you take to battle:

Duel Calculations:

3. Armor
4. Helmet
5. Weapon
6. Shield
7. Amulet/Ring
8. Magic

... and after all that, eventually, you'll loose for no other reason than someone paid more money to be better.

RNKaren
01-17-2010, 06:07 AM
OK< I think I follow, but why is it that I am attacked every nite, and I am losing battle points. I have seen smaller armies with zero points. Onr guy took 20 points in one sitting, Yet when I founght back.. it says he had zero points. I want to know how you get on the zero points club!

pissed off player
01-19-2010, 08:51 AM
he will not be able to win even with people with a smaller army? :confused:
this is kinda ridiculous I was able to get through the first two boss and the third wont allow me to fight her again, thus i get to lose EVERY ?%&%*%t& battles even against people with like, what, three soldiers although I have a bunch.

I think it's unfair and it also forces you to post the messages to recruit ''elite guard'' which all makes the games less fun,

edseljm
01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/battle_monster.php?user=524611474&mpool=3

there is plnty of time but not 2 many ppl.....

bad haiku
01-19-2010, 11:43 AM
he will not be able to win even with people with a smaller army? :confused:
this is kinda ridiculous I was able to get through the first two boss and the third wont allow me to fight her again, thus i get to lose EVERY ?%&%*%t& battles even against people with like, what, three soldiers although I have a bunch.

I think it's unfair and it also forces you to post the messages to recruit ''elite guard'' which all makes the games less fun,

huh. I don't even get what you are trying to say.

Oh wait. You do need a max of 36 (or was it 39?) members for some quests. Those people with 3 soldier have better stats than you. Besides, a brunch of people doesn't really matter much. I have won people who have 300++ when I had 200++.

You don't have to recruit 'elite guard'. It matters more when you are attacking monsters.

mantisbh
01-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Just wondering what this is and how to get one? thanks for your time.

dragonlady67
01-24-2010, 08:08 PM
huh. I don't even get what you are trying to say.

Oh wait. You do need a max of 36 (or was it 39?) members for some quests. Those people with 3 soldier have better stats than you. Besides, a brunch of people doesn't really matter much. I have won people who have 300++ when I had 200++.

You don't have to recruit 'elite guard'. It matters more when you are attacking monsters.

Hi, and thanks for all the tips here. This is a great thread for us newbies. :D

My question is, I planned on just playing the game alone, well with army guys I buy with favor points. (And boy are those FP hard to come by!) If I need more members for the quest you're talking about, how far/what area/level is that? Thank you much for the help.

Also, one last question-is it possible to just play the game yourself? Or am I deluding myself and need to find friends? I plan on doing more quests than anything else with some duels for points. TY, TY!!

~Slayer~
01-27-2010, 08:19 AM
How is it possible that I lose this fight?? I have 600 attack and more than 10 heroes more. The system is flawed. I have seen it before. Even if the defender - who is 100 levels lower than me almost - has 500/800 in defense I should still win this hands down.

Anybody else seen this recently? What is wrong with the current balance?

GainCost-1 Stamina
-$115,000
4 Battle Points

Your Army of 501 fought with

Heroes x39
Soldiers x501
Weapons x501
Equipment x501
Magic x501View More!
Heroes
Ambrosia**SylvanasSkaar DeathruneGorlakAraxisLyraLeon IronhartVanquishIllusiaDexterAriaVorenusNauticaMar inaArtanisTifannaOpheliaSerra SilverlightCelestaDanteElizabeth LioneLilith and RikuTitaniaMorriganAngelicaTerraMercedesShinoEdeaG arlanSanoZarevokCidAerisElenaStriderDraganSophiaPe nelope
Units
Cronus, The World Hydras x8Hellslayer Knights x7Hellkite Minions x10Hydra: Atlass x3Archangels x473
Weapons
Excaliburs x1Berserker Axes x1Blade of Vengeances x1Fury Maul Axes x3Moonfall Maces x6Onslaughts x1Gilded Bows x1Justices x1Avengers x1Sun Blades x10Judgements x2Lionheart Blades x4Demon Blades x1Rune Axes x7Lightbringers x2Crystal Rods x2Demonic Swords x6Oathkeepers x6Dreadnought Greatswords x10Atlantean Swords x8Whisper Bows x3Dragonbanes x47Atlantean Maces x15Trident of the Deeps x13Morningstars x1Gladiator Swords x1Sword of the Seas x7Elven Staffs x4Colossal Swords x6Colossal Axes x3Gildamesh's War Axes x4Ironhart's Mights x11Staff of the Tempests x4Silver Maces x9Orc War Axes x206Battle Axes x93
Items
Sword of Redemptions x1Moonfall Amulets x1Helm of Dragon Powers x3Holy Plates x1Moonfall Robess x1Lionheart Plates x1Moonfall Shields x1Death Touch Gauntlets x1Berserker Helms x1Amulet of the Tempests x1Lionheart Shields x1Bearheart Armors x1Cowl of the Avengers x1Raven Cloaks x4Fear Charms x3Illusia's Baubles x1Argentum Plates x2Shield of Artaniss x5Defenders x1Argentum Helms x1Whisper Cloaks x1Pauldrons of Lights x2Paladin's Oaths x3Robes of the Tempests x1Angelic Crowns x8Commanders Battle Plates x454
Magic
Tempest Storms x1Atlantean Forcefields x1Lightning Storms x1Angel Fires x5Helena's Infernos x1Maelstroms x3Lightning Bolts x9Wall of Fires x1Berserker Frenzys x1Wolf Spirits x15Demon Strengths x1Avengers Oaths x1Greater Fireballs x13Moonfall Auras x1Holy Shields x39Champions Auras x408

Seraphime's Army of 501 fought with (Level 136)

Heroes x27
Soldiers x501
Weapons x
501Equipment x
501Magic x
362View More!
Heroes
Leon IronhartAriaDexterVanquishHelenaCelestaTifannaEliz abeth LioneDanteLilith and RikuMorriganTitaniaAngelicaTerraShinoMercedesEdeaG arlanSanoCidZarevokAerisElenaPenelopeSophiaDraganS trider
Units
Cronus, The World Hydras x1Hellslayer Knights x2Hydra: Prometheuss x1Hellkite Minions x2Hydra: Atlass x1Angelic Sentinels x7Archangels x20Hydra: Epimetheuss x2Arcanists x12Hydra: Tethyss x2Hydra: Rheas x3Valor Knights x20Phoenixs x30Gift Phoenixs x5Gift Dragons x4Dragons x20Templar Knights x1Shadow Panthers x1Golden Fangs x1Valerian Mystics x10Atlantean Archers x6Valerian Guards x9Dwarven Battlemasters x17Barbarians x10Vampires x12Death Knights x13Angels x30Gift Angels x3Fire Elementals x19War Lions x11Griffins x24Water Sprites x17Shadows x13Orc Grunts x14Lichs x13Black Knights x41Tree Ents x104
Weapons
Blade of Vengeances x1Holy Avengers x1Moonfall Maces x1Lionheart Blades x1Judgements x3Sun Blades x2Lightbringers x1Atlantean Spears x1Rune Axes x2Dragon Talons x1Hellkite Swords x1Morningstars x9Oathkeepers x6Dragonbanes x70Whisper Bows x17Colossal Swords x1Atlantean Swords x2Gladiator Swords x24Atlantean Maces x3Trident of the Deeps x37Elven Staffs x1Silver Maces x10Staff of the Tempests x2Ironhart's Mights x5Gildamesh's War Axes x1Orc War Axes x128Long Swords x170
Items
Sword of Redemptions x1Moonfall Robess x1Moonfall Shields x1Lionheart Shields x1Amulet of the Tempests x1Amulet of Cefkas x1Cowl of the Avengers x1Defenders x1Illusia's Baubles x1Pauldrons of Lights x3Paladin's Oaths x3Robes of the Tempests x1Commanders Battle Plates x24Atlantean Shields x5Dragon Scales x1Demonic Armors x7Jewel of Fires x2Elven Plates x1Demonic Masks x1Lionheart Helms x1Tempest Shields x1Holy Gauntletss x1Serpentine Shields x62Frost Tear Daggers x12Hellkite Shields x2Poseidons Horns x49Atlantean Helms x5Elven Crowns x1Berserker Amulets x1Moonfall Crowns x4Golden Hands x17Faerie Wingss x5Avenger Platemails x1Avenger Amulets x4Steel Plates x278
Magic
Lightning Storms x1Maelstroms x1Angel Fires x1Lightning Bolts x1Berserker Frenzys x1Wolf Spirits x6Demon Strengths x1Avengers Oaths x1Champions Auras x24Holy Shields x11Moonfall Auras x1Fireballs x2Dragon Charms x58Angelic Blessings x93Energy Bolts x10Heros Resolves x78Magic Missiles x72

You have lost 4 Battle Points! You now have a total of 39,951 Battle Points.
You lost the battle along with $115,000, taking 10 damage and dealing 3 damage to your rival.

Remember: Every army member represents a unit in battle. For every five army members that fight, a general will join to lead your armies!

~Slayer~
01-27-2010, 08:27 AM
And another player - Level 152 - doesnt even have a full 501 and still wins the battle. Its a joke! Only 25 heroes to my 39.

GainCost-1 Stamina
-$115,000
4 Battle Points

Your Army of 501 fought with

Heroes x39Soldiers x501Weapons x501Equipment x501Magic x501View More!Heroes
Ambrosia**SylvanasSkaar DeathruneGorlakAraxisLyraLeon IronhartVanquishIllusiaDexterAriaVorenusNauticaMar inaArtanisTifannaOpheliaSerra SilverlightCelestaDanteElizabeth LioneLilith and RikuTitaniaMorriganAngelicaTerraMercedesShinoEdeaG arlanSanoZarevokCidAerisElenaStriderDraganSophiaPe nelope
Units
Cronus, The World Hydras x8Hellslayer Knights x7Hellkite Minions x10Hydra: Atlass x3Archangels x473
Weapons
Excaliburs x1Berserker Axes x1Blade of Vengeances x1Fury Maul Axes x3Moonfall Maces x6Onslaughts x1Gilded Bows x1Justices x1Avengers x1Sun Blades x10Judgements x2Lionheart Blades x4Demon Blades x1Rune Axes x7Lightbringers x2Crystal Rods x2Demonic Swords x6Oathkeepers x6Dreadnought Greatswords x10Atlantean Swords x8Whisper Bows x3Dragonbanes x47Atlantean Maces x15Trident of the Deeps x13Morningstars x1Gladiator Swords x1Sword of the Seas x7Elven Staffs x4Colossal Swords x6Colossal Axes x3Gildamesh's War Axes x4Ironhart's Mights x11Staff of the Tempests x4Silver Maces x9Orc War Axes x206Battle Axes x93
Items
Sword of Redemptions x1Moonfall Amulets x1Helm of Dragon Powers x3Holy Plates x1Moonfall Robess x1Lionheart Plates x1Moonfall Shields x1Death Touch Gauntlets x1Berserker Helms x1Amulet of the Tempests x1Lionheart Shields x1Bearheart Armors x1Cowl of the Avengers x1Raven Cloaks x4Fear Charms x3Illusia's Baubles x1Argentum Plates x2Shield of Artaniss x5Defenders x1Argentum Helms x1Whisper Cloaks x1Pauldrons of Lights x2Paladin's Oaths x3Robes of the Tempests x1Angelic Crowns x8Commanders Battle Plates x454
Magic
Tempest Storms x1Atlantean Forcefields x1Lightning Storms x1Angel Fires x5Helena's Infernos x1Maelstroms x3Lightning Bolts x9Wall of Fires x1Berserker Frenzys x1Wolf Spirits x15Demon Strengths x1Avengers Oaths x1Greater Fireballs x13Moonfall Auras x1Holy Shields x39Champions Auras x408
Elaine's Army of 501 fought with

Heroes x25Soldiers x501Weapons x386Equipment x501Magic x247 View More!
Heroes
AraxisLuciusVanquishNauticaCelestaElizabeth LioneDanteLilith and RikuMorriganTitaniaAngelicaTerraShinoMercedesEdeaG arlanSanoCidZarevokElenaAerisPenelopeSophiaDraganS trider
Units
Cronus, The World Hydras x3Hellslayer Knights x13Hellkite Minions x6Hydra: Atlass x9Angelic Sentinels x2Archangels x31Hydra: Epimetheuss x5Arcanists x18Hydra: Tethyss x9Hydra: Rheas x18Valor Knights x34Phoenixs x345Gift Phoenixs x8
Weapons
Blade of Vengeances x1Holy Avengers x1Moonfall Maces x2Lionheart Blades x3Judgements x1Atlantean Spears x1Rune Axes x8Crystal Rods x1Oathkeepers x4Dragonbanes x59Whisper Bows x5Colossal Swords x8Atlantean Swords x1Sword of the Seas x3Gladiator Swords x46Atlantean Maces x3Trident of the Deeps x24Elven Staffs x3Colossal Axes x3Staff of the Tempests x4Ironhart's Mights x5Gildamesh's War Axes x8Orc War Axes x118Battle Axes x25Battle Spears x10Sword of Lights x1Iron Axes x5Flame Bows x26Spartan Spears x7
Items
Sword of Redemptions x1Helm of Dragon Powers x1Lionheart Plates x1Lionheart Shields x1Amulet of the Tempests x1Amulet of Cefkas x1Cowl of the Avengers x1Whisper Cloaks x1Defenders x1Pauldrons of Lights x3Robes of the Tempests x1Paladin's Oaths x1Atlantean Shields x3Commanders Battle Plates x55Demonic Armors x6Jewel of Fires x8Elven Plates x7Demonic Masks x6The Dreadnoughts x5Holy Gauntletss x1Serpentine Shields x64Lionheart Helms x1Tempest Shields x5Frost Tear Daggers x1Poseidons Horns x19Atlantean Helms x2Elven Crowns x5Berserker Amulets x5Colossal Armors x10Evergreen Cloaks x1Dreadnought Hornss x1Moonfall Crowns x13Golden Hands x1Faerie Wingss x5Avenger Platemails x1Avenger Amulets x12Steel Plates x65Gildamesh's War Helms x4Angelic Plates x41Berserker Platemails x20Lionheart Amulets x1Gildamesh's War Plates x6Berserker Shields x1Steel Chainmails x30Feral Staffs x4Tempest Crowns x2Green Emerald Shards x4Feral Armors x1Steel Shields x20Green Emerald Shards x1Gildamesh's Gauntlets x2Gildamesh's Charms x3Wolf Helms x10Spartan Shields x5Rusty Glovess x1Spartan Helms x4Sacred Amulets x25
Magic
Tempest Storms x1Helena's Infernos x1Lightning Bolts x6Wolf Spirits x4Avengers Oaths x1Greater Fireballs x12Champions Auras x31Holy Shields x23Moonfall Auras x1Fireballs x2Dragon Charms x57Angelic Blessings x42Energy Bolts x10Heros Resolves x41Magic Missiles x14Lotus Orbs x1

You have lost 4 Battle Points! You now have a total of 39,947 Battle Points.

TheNomad
02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I'd like to know just one thing:

I have noticed something weird, some players who challenge me, after some hours, or even minutes after the battle, when I challenge back (some kind of revenge), I cannot fight against them, because EVERYTIME I have this message:

Your opponent is dead or too weak to battle.

This is really boring. Some player don't have nothing to do but just battle!

Mega-Douche
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I am losing a lot. Why?

TheNomad
02-06-2010, 01:08 AM
So do I, buddy! And I'm not too weak for that...

I'd like to know what some players are doing to battle against one player and then he became untouchable, everytime I try to challenge him, he's dead or too weak... this is kinda strange...

Wasp
02-06-2010, 01:41 AM
@Nomad ... Hiding maybe?

As for me, I rarely lose... Did I just just jinx myself? I don't even have good stats. 375 attack, 386 defense for level 145, maxed out items, of course, but really... Dunseewhy I usually win, LOL.

shadevari
02-07-2010, 09:21 PM
i have noticed on the new Raid battles that several of my opponents have had armies of greater than 501

ladyspiderdust
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
i have noticed on the new Raid battles that several of my opponents have had armies of greater than 501

Some generals increase the amount of army members you can have in a battle. Seems like your opponenet had Mephistopoles equipped.

I have Artanis who can increase mine to 521

shadevari
02-07-2010, 09:33 PM
oh yeah duh thanks for the smack on the back of head reminder ;)

SabreMC
02-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Ever since the Raids were introduced and the Weapons and items were split up i went from getting 250 battle points a day from people attacking me to losing 300 + points every day from people attacking me This just sucks. I was 3000 away from making Duke and now i have to struggle just to break even and stay where i am at. I also notice than when i Invade and Duel now that i Lose 75% of the time where in Duels i was winning almost every time and Invasions i was winning More than half of the time. Now, Invasions I lose almost every one even when they have an army less than 501. Makes no sense why all of the suddel this would change so much. Dont have a question here just ranting. Feel free to comment on why you think this happens now so differently.

Stats are

402 Max Energy -- Do more quests

430 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)

464 Attack -- Offensive might

345 Defense -- Defense power

131 Max Health -- Withstand attack

Lusiano
02-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Stats are

402 Max Energy -- Do more quests

430 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)

464 Attack -- Offensive might

345 Defense -- Defense power

131 Max Health -- Withstand attack

164 Duke
Mine are 120 Ene
and 105 Sta
With around 1100 attack. Thats why i easily wins.
But slow leveler :(
And also i hide :)

Aaron Payne
02-15-2010, 05:53 AM
I would like to offer myself as an example of why players with larger armies lose to small fries like myself.

120 Lieutenant Commander

Lv. 4 Araxis when idle & PvP; Lv. 2 Slayer with Vampiric Blade & Blood Vestment when fighting monsters

245 (-25) Max Energy
29 (+10) Max Stamina
343 Attack
290 Defense
105 Max Health
Army 47

Less than a month ago, before the updates, my battle stats were atrocious. But since they introduced the dueling aspect, it has greatly balanced the game in favor of those players with small armies.

A member of my army commented on my defense during a battle with the Dark Legion, and I told him that it was as matter of survival at lower levels.

Exion
02-16-2010, 08:30 AM
coud someone tell me how to hide, I've heard it mentioned a few times here but I have no idea how to do it. The reason I ask is because there is someone attacking me and when I try to get him the next day..he's always too weak to battle or dead, not just once but throughout the evening causing me to always loose and never having the chance to get back at him..the few times I have, I beat him via invasions (not that my army is huge at 237 or so). Any help would be appreciated

HouseNdaHouse
02-16-2010, 09:11 PM
coud someone tell me how to hide, I've heard it mentioned a few times here but I have no idea how to do it. The reason I ask is because there is someone attacking me and when I try to get him the next day..he's always too weak to battle or dead, not just once but throughout the evening causing me to always loose and never having the chance to get back at him..the few times I have, I beat him via invasions (not that my army is huge at 237 or so). Any help would be appreciated

it is detailed in the stickies, but, I'll do my best to give it to you quickly...

battle/duel/etc until YOU are under 10 health then log off CA immediately! That's it! for some reason the program still "thinks" you are "too weak or dead to battle" until you log back on again. You could be gone for a month and you would be "too weak" for the whole month. Once you log back on it resets and you have to do it again in order to hide again.

LawrieFX
02-16-2010, 10:35 PM

You might have to log out of FB.. not just CA as ive seen lots of people say FB and lots say CA. Havnt seen any real proof though as to which it is

wyer
02-17-2010, 02:11 AM
OMG! What happened to the Tavern? They've turned in into a war planning room!

Where's the rum???

wyer
02-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Beggin your pardons...had too much rum and stumbled into the wrong thread. *hic*

HouseNdaHouse
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
You might have to log out of FB.. not just CA as ive seen lots of people say FB and lots say CA. Havnt seen any real proof though as to which it is

It is a game glitch not a FB server glitch. You only need to log out of CA. If you are at < 10 health someone cannot attack you while you are posting jokes to all your friends ;)

I'd offer myself up as a test subject to prove my point, but, it wouldn't work cuz my defense is too high and most ppl would lose regardless of my status.

You can, perhaps, find someone willing to give out their IM account and try an experiment. They wait till they are under 10 and IM you their link once they've logged out of CA and you attack once per hour while they are away and see what happens...

Exion
02-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Thank you very much for answering my question :) that must be what the guy attacking me is doing.

Exion
02-19-2010, 02:19 AM
ok I hid last night with 7 health and sure enough I wasn't attacked all night..thing is I have no idea how you log out of the game itself..I logged out of FB but today I was looking for an option to log out while ingame alas to no avail..so where is the place I log out of from the game itself?
And while i'm at it I wanted to ask if my stats are ok or unbalanced, they are as follows:

160 (+1) Max Energy -- Do more quests
67 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)
188 Attack -- Offensive might
188 Defense -- Defense power
125 Max Health -- Withstand attacks
232 Army Size -- Take more soldiers into battle

Thank you very much for the help its really appreciated, I wouldn't know where else to turn:o

Maguita
02-19-2010, 03:42 AM
And while i'm at it I wanted to ask if my stats are ok or unbalanced, they are as follows:

160 (+1) Max Energy -- Do more quests
67 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)
188 Attack -- Offensive might
188 Defense -- Defense power
125 Max Health -- Withstand attacks
232 Army Size -- Take more soldiers into battle

Thank you very much for the help its really appreciated, I wouldn't know where else to turn:o

No More Health. No More Energy. MORE STAMINA. More Attack. :)

Exion
02-19-2010, 04:04 AM
well the thing is I got most of my stamina from Ambrosia I think and my health is comming from Aurora which i'm doing now or rather getting demi points from.
It used to be that before level..oh 80 or so I was logging on and seeing victory after victory (I was using Aria at the time) but then that started to drop off and I started seeing defeat after defeat..so I got Slasher but still I'm seeing nothing but defeats:mad: Now I can win battles I choose against other commanders doing invasions but if i'm attacked..forget'bout it. So clearly i'm doing something wrong. I will take your advice and put more points into Stamina and attack..every time I level i try to increase my stamina by one so I guess..the rest in attack? will that help me when i'm getting attacked tho?
Sry about the long rant here but finding these forums as been great you're all a source of invaluable ressources.
Oh btw my battle record is 2268 wins vs 335 loss and 9 kills vs 5 death, which doesn't sound too bad to me but if it keeps going like this that'll change fast. Gotta stop getting my ass kicked somehow.

cassepierre
02-20-2010, 02:58 AM
I am not a PvP master but I do win a lot of duel (I lose some also)... My advice is either use Lyra (if you have) or Celesta. Don't forget that in the battle formula both att and def count (Celesta is the best defense so far)...

To have a balance built at each level I put 3-4 stat points in att and 1-2 in def, and 1 level on 2 1 point in stamina.

After don't forget that there are lots of stat points from demi quests...

Hope this helps!

pdraggy
02-20-2010, 08:30 PM
what I wanna know is why I win... or more specifically why I win 60% of the time when they attack me (I don't even need a defensive general equipped). I have an offensive build!! (80 defense, lvl 124)

My only answer is 40% of the ppl around are stupid. I will admit I keep up with my eq so... yes, I have Slayer Gauntlets, Sword of Vengeance, Atlantean Forcefeild. But seriously. I could kick my ass when I was lvl 50 (3x the atk)!! WTF dude??

Jehann
02-20-2010, 09:29 PM
well the thing is I got most of my stamina from Ambrosia I think and my health is comming from Aurora which i'm doing now or rather getting demi points from.
It used to be that before level..oh 80 or so I was logging on and seeing victory after victory (I was using Aria at the time) but then that started to drop off and I started seeing defeat after defeat..so I got Slasher but still I'm seeing nothing but defeats:mad: Now I can win battles I choose against other commanders doing invasions but if i'm attacked..forget'bout it. So clearly i'm doing something wrong. I will take your advice and put more points into Stamina and attack..every time I level i try to increase my stamina by one so I guess..the rest in attack? will that help me when i'm getting attacked tho?

If you're worried about losing when logged off or being attacked, you need to build up your defense as well. Leave Celesta as your general when you log off. She's the best defensive general by a long shot. Build up your attack and defense stats whenever you level up or finish a quest. Leave stamina for the Azeron demi path - you have enough for now. And I'd say stop praying to Aurora as well, at least until you get your attack/defense stats up a bit. Her equipment is v. nice, but the demi equipment is rapidly being outpaced by the stuff you get from monster battles (much as it pains me to say it). Pick Malekus or Corvinthus for your demi god for now. Then go back and pick up Azeron, followed by Aurora and finally Ambrosia.

pdraggy
02-20-2010, 10:12 PM
sorry totally ot

Exion
02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Ok so Celesta...she's a general I can hire right? I probably already have her and i'm forgetting..but I looked at all the generals I could hire and they all seemed weaker then either Aria or Slasher..still I will heed your advice and have her on when logging off. In terms of the demis..I've already finished Ambrosia anyways and i'm almost to the necklace on Aurora..I would hate to stop her till I at least get that..I mean 40/40 is better then any equipment I have on me now. I'm concentrating on demi quest as i've read mentioned this is the right thing to do. I do have another question tho. I have no idea when to summon monsters..I can summon Mephistopheles now and I can summon all the serpents i believe (maybe not all but most) and I think I can summon the big guys..hydra ..but I don't know how to do them..i've assisted on plenty but..if I summon when do i start inviting people..and how many do I need..and what if they don't come lol..i'm nervous about this but clearly it sounds as tho I should be doing monsters right? Also if anyone can tell me how I can log off the game without logging off FB i'd appreciate it :P Now I know i'm asking alot from you guys and I don't mean to be selfish on this but I promise that when MY knowledge base is as plentiful as yours I'll be helping people out myself as much as possible..its just that for now..i'm still a newbie on this game lol. Anyways ty for the help and any forthcomming :)

pdraggy
02-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Paragraphs please? Or more importantly calm down a bit o.0 and learn what a runon sentence is before you explode ppls brains. Anyway

Ok so Celesta...she's a general I can hire right?
No, she's a general you get just from the Gilgamesh Battle. You most definitely have her, but you won't find her for hire.

In terms of the demis..I've already finished Ambrosia anyways and i'm almost to the necklace on Aurora..I would hate to stop her till I at least get that.
I don't know why ppl are so afraid of being chained, you do it right, ~30extra hp is not gonna hurt you so much as allow you to attack in pvp/ monsters 4 more times before you have to refill your hp.

I have no idea when to summon monsters
1) summon them whenever you want to o.0 or rather whenever you feel you can handle it. Keep in mind you cannot expect to get much help. Sometimes I get lots, sometimes I get none, about the only gaurantee is when there is a siege weapon of some type to build. Most ppl will help you with that and then leave.
2) intelligent ppl actually make groups of 'hunters' that will join you in monster battles. If you are in such a group you may be on a schedule to summon such monsters. Otherwise there is no such schedule.

I usually summon one monster to attack and one to fortify. or if I don't feel like attacking my monster, just one to fortify and attack other ppl's monsters. Ppl remember who helped them (off hand...), if you don't help them they won't help you.
Try to do your quests in the mean time though as well :o. So up until you've done all the quests it might be a little slow going for monster hunting.

If I summon when do i start inviting people
I usually don't start inviting ppl until the fortification bar is full (I however, register it at cronushelper (http://*******.com/cronushelper) from the start of the battle if it is a battle with siege weapons). This, however, is up to you.

it sounds as tho I should be doing monsters right?
I prefer doing quests, doing regular battles for BR or doing Raids, THEN do monsters... mix in a few monsters all the time though (you want their occasional loot! Also you can't expel energy anywhere else other than quests and monsters) but don't forget ALL of your options. Quests certainly come first (at least when your a low lvl and don't have Lotus yet) and Battles for BR are totally optional. Some simply ignore that part of the game and, so far, it seems you can get away with it. I'm not sure about higher lvls though, I'm only 125.

Also if anyone can tell me how I can log off the game without logging off FB i'd appreciate it :P
click the facebook icon at the top of your screen??

and please try to keep to the subject of the thread -_-

Exion
02-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Pdraggy
Thank you for the answers to my question and I'll take your criticism to heart.
However in regards to run on sentences I would direct you to Gates to Paradise a novel which consists of one very long sentence, run on sentences are not necessarily grammatical errors.
Still I'll try and do better next time :), also I apologize if I seem..overzealous its not that I need to calm down (I am very calm) but more so that I should heed the advice you've given so as to not appear that way lol. Anyhow Thank you very much for taking the time out to answer stuff I greatly appreciate it. :)

abraham12
02-23-2010, 04:15 AM
It probably on some level felt like your struggle was being rubbed in your face when your sister mentioned working out. Especially because of the nature of sibling relationships.

socialmedia
02-25-2010, 06:30 AM

Thanks for your posting

John_O
03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
This is interesting to know. Maybe you could help me understand then why when I duelled an aopponent and kept losing, stats as follow:
Me attack 81; defense 62, level 132, general vanquish (level 4).

opp. attack 51; defense 67, level 130, general mercedes (level 4).

To me this seems to give me an overall 25 point advantage yet I lost numerous duels.

help would be appreciated.

John_O
03-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Sorry I should mention that these attack/defence figures were obtained by the weapons, shields, magic etc we each took to the duel.

cheers John

liveyo
03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Wen I duel, I completed level 5.....record says I am now level 6.....however each time I duel I am doing so with 100% victory in level 5.......have no idea what to do to get this to change up to 6???????
Thanks for the help!
Jaci

The Count
03-04-2010, 07:29 AM
This is interesting to know. Maybe you could help me understand then why when I duelled an aopponent and kept losing, stats as follow:
Me attack 81; defense 62, level 132, general vanquish (level 4).

opp. attack 51; defense 67, level 130, general mercedes (level 4).

To me this seems to give me an overall 25 point advantage yet I lost numerous duels.

help would be appreciated.

He keeps winning because his attack stats and defense stats (player stats and not equipement stats), are higher than yours. When you attack him you attack with:

Your attack + 70% of defense stats plus rest of equipement and general

against

HIs defense + 70% of his attack stats plus rest of his gear and general.

So if you keep losing it's because his combat stats are better than yours.

Hope this helps.

sjnbad
03-05-2010, 09:03 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/lycute999/lv100with501vslv107with501.jpg
Why I lose the invade ? I equiped 501 items, 501 weapons, I got 32 generals, more than my rival (26), more magic . And all my stuff I bought as good as possible. My worse soldiers are dragons , worse for weapons are Gladiator swords, Commanders Battle Plates for items, and lot of champion aura. Still lose, maybe the rival's level is 107 and mine is 100.

M0rth4nv3ld
03-05-2010, 10:36 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/lycute999/lv100with501vslv107with501.jpg
Why I lose the invade ? I equiped 501 items, 501 weapons, I got 32 generals, more than my rival (26), more magic . And all my stuff I bought as good as possible. My worse soldiers are dragons , worse for weapons are Gladiator swords, Commanders Battle Plates for items, and lot of champion aura. Still lose, maybe the rival's level is 107 and mine is 100.

Invasions, especially with large army, are heavily determined by Player's Attack and Defense stats. Your opponent might have crappy army and weapons/items/magics, but if his/her Attack & Defense stats are far better than you, then you will lose anyway

You can find the invasion battle formula in this forum, Tutorial threads if I'm not wrong. happy hunting ! :)

olosan
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
i'm a little bit confused...how can i assign to my hero better gear...because when i'm dueling it always gives me worse armor than i owe:(

Fortevn
03-15-2010, 12:41 AM
I dunno, I lost 90% of the time I duel, using Lyra/Sylvanas. I'm very low level (51) but have decent gear, like, +1x atk/def for everything. In every duel people used crap generals, crap gears and they still knocked me off.

I understand if they have high def stat BUT 90% of time! There is no way all of people who went to sleep with Strider/Penelope/Cid have built defensive (I have 67 atk)

So please tell me why, if it's luck factor then FML.

Defyeler
03-15-2010, 04:51 AM
I dunno, I lost 90% of the time I duel, using Lyra/Sylvanas. I'm very low level (51) but have decent gear, like, +1x atk/def for everything. In every duel people used crap generals, crap gears and they still knocked me off.

I understand if they have high def stat BUT 90% of time! There is no way all of people who went to sleep with Strider/Penelope/Cid have built defensive (I have 67 atk)

So please tell me why, if it's luck factor then FML.

Level 51 with 67 ATT is VERY low. Like an old lady with a cane will beat you low.

HouseNdaHouse
03-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Level 51 with 67 ATT is VERY low. Like an old lady with a cane will beat you low.

Sorry...but, that is VERY FUNNY! Also...very true

It is impossible to tell you 100% what is up without knowing their stats, but, like the first post states... it is ALWAYS due to personal stats. By lvl 51 my defense was over 100... just as a measure for you to judge. Then again I'm a defensive player.

Advice: pick on someone else with crappier stats than you :P OR build a huge army and invade ppl with tiny armies guaranteeing you wins!!

Defyeler
03-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Sorry...but, that is VERY FUNNY! Also...very true

It is impossible to tell you 100% what is up without knowing their stats, but, like the first post states... it is ALWAYS due to personal stats. By lvl 51 my defense was over 100... just as a measure for you to judge. Then again I'm a defensive player.

Advice: pick on someone else with crappier stats than you :P OR build a huge army and invade ppl with tiny armies guaranteeing you wins!!

Yes, but level 51, he should have had..

250 sp from leveling.
Finished all of Land of Fire Quests 60 sp(which are easier than Demi for a low level)
If you PvP'd just the first Tier, 10 sp from the first two ranks (Again, very easy to do).
50 sp in any stat other than Azeron praying, if you prayed to Azeron, you would have 25 sp.

So let's tally that up.
250 + 60 + 10 + (50 or 25) = 370/345

Three hundred seventy or three hundred forty five........... that is too much SP to only have 67 in attack.. especially as it seams you're trying to fight, so it means you want to PvP, and my friend, that is very poor ATT for PvP. Even at your low level.

If you want to learn more about PvP, the first link in my signature, written by a forum regular, is very helpful to get you started. (Don't click on the Bear, unless you want to fight)

Fortevn
03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm having 150 energy, 67 stamina. Because I started the game a long time ago when it didn't have the raid or stuff. So I spent most of my SP to energy like in other games.
Then I found it's hard and tried to delete my char (log out 3 months), but you see, it didn't work :<

Spellfire
03-15-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm having 150 energy, 67 stamina. Because I started the game a long time ago when it didn't have the raid or stuff. So I spent most of my SP to energy like in other games.
Then I found it's hard and tried to delete my char (log out 3 months), but you see, it didn't work :<

Move forward. Do more quest and put all the stats into ATT/DEF whichever you prefer. Pray to Malekus or Corvintheus (Maybe Corvintheus since attacking monsters, raids will occasionally drop Malekus demis)

wickedwords
03-16-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm just thrilled that I finally got to the point where I can win all of my overnight attacks. I had no clue early on that I needed to up my defense; I read the helpful stat info definitions and thought I had up health to survive attacks.

SILVERSURFERJR7
03-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Sounds right...

Cristina
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I just reached the level of Knight...and suddenly am losing EVERY duel. trying to get back my battle points.
Before I was beating some of Knight and First Knight level either initiated or attacked...
Help...what has gone wrong?

M0rth4nv3ld
03-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I just reached the level of Knight...and suddenly am losing EVERY duel. trying to get back my battle points.
Before I was beating some of Knight and First Knight level either initiated or attacked...
Help...what has gone wrong?

please read Defyeler's post above, the link in his signature will inform you how to live in the beautiful world of PvP, and as per his warning, do not click the pooh bear pic, it will eat you :D

Rose Bielema
03-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I am a lowly level 392 with 800 att and 500 def, an army of 1300, and I use Crom to invade with, but alas, I always get paired whether in Raids or on the Battle page with people who are level 600+. This does not seem fair, and I always lose. Why am I not paired with opponents that are my level?

Defyeler
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
I am a lowly level 392 with 800 att and 500 def, an army of 1300, and I use Crom to invade with, but alas, I always get paired whether in Raids or on the Battle page with people who are level 600+. This does not seem fair, and I always lose. Why am I not paired with opponents that are my level?

Because you are in the official gauntlet. Once a player passes level 300, the "bracket" is 300 to infinity. I think the reasoning is because past level 300, the pool of players are still too small to have smaller brackets.

If you read the forums regularly, there are many people in the 200s (myself included) who are preparing themselves for life in the post 300 gauntlet.

Just as a comparison, not really a rub, with your 800 ATT and 500 DEF, myself being level 222, I will beat you now, and I am considered only middle of the pack for PvP / Raids. Imagine if I were level 300 with 390 more SP to spend.

Life above 300 is really rough. If you have a high rank (nobility / Baron or higher) your life could be miserable if someone that is looking to move up ranks finds you.

For PvP / Raids, post 300, it really is swimming in a shark tank.

Stumblinn
03-22-2010, 11:41 PM

Is afraid to ask what level 133 with 50 attack is? :D

Given that I never intend to raise my attack stats any further, maybe I should wait a few hundred levels to ask that question? Bet the answer will be quite interesting. :p

Dezmodian
03-23-2010, 08:15 AM

Yup-looks like army means absolutely nothing in pvp, which is something I'm a little frustrated about. 541 army vs 300 something and I only do 1/3rd the damage my opponent does. However, in breaking it down, I've spent what has to be 20+ billion more than they have on my army.

And since my stats are gauged for questing, I lose. WTF?! This is pretty F'D up, in my opinion, especially since generals and such were purchased under the impression they actually helped in things, especially pvp.

Turns out I'm the sucker for paying Castle Age for misleading me. Oh well. They wont get any more of my money when it doesn't really do anything.

If they change Invasions around a bit, I might actually think about spending more money. I'd first have to see if the damn things actually contribute to the battle, rather than it counting for little more than rabbit poo to fling at my opponents who are aware of this and stack everything in attack or defense.

...I'm trying to imagine how these battles would look like.... a 541 army geared in shiny equipment, a few world hydras, hundreds of Valor Knights, most of them with Gladiator Swords..... standing against a few scrubs in rags with a rotting steak as a weapon. Then the hobo turns out to actually win the battle.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! What a sick joke on me.

Hidinger
03-23-2010, 01:52 PM
I read somewhere that attacking in PvP runs like this

Attack + (Defense x 70%) = output total

is this correct?

and does Defense in PvP run in a similar way, for instance

Defense + (Attack x 70%) = output total

or is Attack totally wasted (and not counted at all) when defending in PvP?

I have been trying to find an answer to this everywhere so any help would be appreciated.

Defyeler
03-25-2010, 06:16 AM
I read somewhere that attacking in PvP runs like this

Attack + (Defense x 70%) = output total

is this correct?

and does Defense in PvP run in a similar way, for instance

Defense + (Attack x 70%) = output total

or is Attack totally wasted (and not counted at all) when defending in PvP?

I have been trying to find an answer to this everywhere so any help would be appreciated.

Defense is "Defense + (Attack x 70%) = output total" you are correct.

olivera subert
03-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I killed 60 Keira and I still didnt get the part I need .WHY??

springroll
03-30-2010, 07:09 AM
I killed 60 Keira and I still didnt get the part I need .WHY??

Coz you are a loser?

pamaho
03-30-2010, 10:25 PM
I feel that this doesnt answer the question of why are we losing battles

When Im on and actively and physically viewing my fight the ones I choose, I usually win.
[BTW I saw no pllace to say , make sure you have a full arena guards before starting. Because of this I lost alot and it put me way behind in fight wins.]

When does it start using your person or persons to fight? When I run out of stamina, I have to quit for it to build back up but before it even gets to 60 stamina it has already been fighting, and losing.

I try to fight on my level or one above but it either doesnt give me an option or a very little option ?ex.-> One, my level and there to weak or dead to fight (why not get rid of them then). Then the rest are stronger than me. Or I have even gone down the whole page and all of them where to weak or dead.(and im talking about there invading also along with the dead or to weak player)
:confused:
One more thing to add---> Why isnt there:confused: a way to tell quickly or even a warning that you dont have elite guard or arena guard?

Edwin_Donela
04-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I will try to get a pic next time this happens to me... but it has happened before to me several times... and I was on both sides of the equation...

PvP

I lose by dealing more damage than taking it, and vice versa

I win by dealing less damage than taking it.:eek:

(There were occasions when damage dealt and received was the same... yet there is always a winner. That I can understand; but not above mentioned situations.)

At first I couldn't believe my eyes.... but it's true.

Anyone with an answer or theory on why this may be so...

HouseNdaHouse
04-03-2010, 02:58 AM
I will try to get a pic next time this happens to me... but it has happened before to me several times... and I was on both sides of the equation...

PvP

I lose by dealing more damage than taking it, and vice versa

I win by dealing less damage than taking it.:eek:

(There were occasions when damage dealt and received was the same... yet there is always a winner. That I can understand; but not above mentioned situations.)

At first I couldn't believe my eyes.... but it's true.

Anyone with an answer or theory on why this may be so...

I could be wrong, but, the damage received/dealt has nothing to do with winning or losing. It is simply how much health you lost (and that they lost)in the invasion/duel.

martra
04-04-2010, 03:27 PM
People with the release of the new general what is the best in the duel / pvp?
Azriel or Aurora??

nashvilleonline
04-04-2010, 11:38 PM
I fight opponents sometimes with greater than 501 soldiers in their army. I have 588 army, but still have only 501 soldiers. How do I increase this stat? I have tried purchasing additional soldiers from the Oracle with favor points and saw no increase.

J.Smullins
04-04-2010, 11:44 PM
There are 3 chest generals that boost that

Meph = 541
crom = 521
artanis = 521
Those come from alpha chests

Then there is chase for 521 and you get him by earning battle hearts in the raid.

Mr.Yee
04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
People with the release of the new general what is the best in the duel / pvp?
Azriel or Aurora??

It depends on which works better for you. You can either buy 2000 Archangels to get 40 Attack, or keep raising your Health stat AND heal after every attack to get however many Attack points you're willing to put your Health up to divided by 4. One isn't definitely better than the other since they both require the player to do drastic things to take full advantage of their effects.

I fight opponents sometimes with greater than 501 soldiers in their army. I have 588 army, but still have only 501 soldiers. How do I increase this stat? I have tried purchasing additional soldiers from the Oracle with favor points and saw no increase.

The Army stat maxes out at 501, but certain Generals like Mephistopheles, Chase, and Artanis can raise that limit.

jjtvdl
04-06-2010, 06:47 PM
As I understand from reading this thread completely through nobody really knows the exact algoritms that determine an outcome.
The 70% rule must be an assumption then (from wiki?):
Invasion battle formula:
When attacking: (army size up to 501) * (attack stat + 70% defense stat) + (total attack of units, weapons, items, spells and generals) + (70% total defense of units, weapons, items, spells and generals) + % luck factor
When defending: (army size up to 501) * (70% attack stat + defense stat) + (70% total attack of units, weapons, items, spells and generals) + (total defense of units, weapons, items, spells and generals) + % luck factor
From my observation I have seen:
In monster attacks the damage varies within certain limits
In monster attacks critical hits occur more often than misses and dodges
ur chaining win 9x and then suddenly lose and continue winning thereafter
With some opponents u sometimes win and sometimes lose
Conclusion
The developers use the RPG systems based on dice (I have a set @ home:3,4,6,8,10,12,20 sided dice) or more elaborate electronic models of them. For different aspects of the game different dice are used. U could imagine that for determining a critical hit or miss a D20 is used. 17, 18 19 would give u a CH and 1 a misser. For the actual damage another dice would be used to determine an amount of EXTRA damage. For the multiplyer a D3 is used where 1 and 2 give 2x and 3 gives 3x.
The same thing clearly is build into the PVP battle formula.
If you never played Role Playing Games this might sound a bit complicated, but I assume you have to think into this direction for certain answers.

zweistein
04-06-2010, 10:17 PM
invading
simple and fast
get a max army
get as many generalls as you can
get as many good weapons, items, units as you can
victory is more than 90% yours

NigK
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
invading
simple and fast
get a max army

That`s true but status is something that is needed. And how are you gonna duel?
Watch this
You fought with:
Araxis
Weapon: Genesis sword [+20atk, +30def]
Off-Hand: Atlantean Shield [+7atk, +7def]
Armor: Holy Plate [+18atk, +20def]
Amulet: Terra's Heart [+6atk, +8def]
Spell: Frost Bolt [+15atk, +7def]
Glove: Holy Gauntlets [+4atk, +6def]

Staci fought with:
Sylvanas
Weapon: Genesis sword [+20atk, +30def]
Off-Hand: Sword of Redemption [+50atk, +30def]
Helmet: Helm of Dragon Power[+30atk, +30def]
Armor: Deathrune Hellplate [+18atk, +27def]
Amulet: Moonfall Amulet [+40atk, +40def]
Spell: Frost Bolt [+15atk, +7def]
Glove: Death Touch Gauntlet [+12atk, +12def]

And I`ve checked on her she is 120lvl above me...I`m lvl 140...
:D
My stats is 380/280 atk/def :cool:

Sinteriac
04-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Battle Calculations:

Example:

What you take to battle:

Duel Calculations:

3. Armor
4. Helmet
5. Weapon
6. Shield
7. Amulet/Ring
8. Magic

I'm putting together a beginners guide so people will stop whining about not knowing how things work mind if i use this?

Jepara
04-09-2010, 01:40 PM
invading
simple and fast
get a max army

In attempting to get the better or best of the Generals, one has to put your credit card in the form and buy enough favor points to even try, with a small chance you'll get a good, or great General. So this favors those players who have money to burn, but being on a fixed income (SSDI) I can't afford to spend money I don't have, or need to survive until the next check arrives.

There should be ways for us "po folk" to get the better generals, or we lose, against 521 or 541 armies, or those with higher Generals that I can "win" through alchemy, which is about as easy as getting a Mestophiles from the chest.

A poor man. Send me money and I'll try the chests. I'm not ashamed to beg. LOL! :-)

Jehann
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
In attempting to get the better or best of the Generals, one has to put your credit card in the form and buy enough favor points to even try, with a small chance you'll get a good, or great General. So this favors those players who have money to burn, but being on a fixed income (SSDI) I can't afford to spend money I don't have, or need to survive until the next check arrives.

There should be ways for us "po folk" to get the better generals, or we lose, against 521 or 541 armies, or those with higher Generals that I can "win" through alchemy, which is about as easy as getting a Mestophiles from the chest.

A poor man. Send me money and I'll try the chests. I'm not ashamed to beg. LOL! :-)

Save your free FPs for the monthly chests. They aren't have bad. And I know it's a pain trying to get enough battle hearts for Chase, but it is possible (or so I've heard), and he gives you a +521 army. Plus, with decent stats, I've beaten a lot of players who have Mephi.

Reisland
04-09-2010, 05:05 PM
so then explain to me why I am loesing to ppl with 15-14 army members when I now have 22 since it's supposed to be multiplied by army

M0rth4nv3ld
04-09-2010, 05:35 PM
so then explain to me why I am loesing to ppl with 15-14 army members when I now have 22 since it's supposed to be multiplied by army

you are already in the correct thread, now you must read carefully :D

Pushkar Erande
04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Yes, I have created Chase and he is quite cool, gives 521 Army for Invasions.

If you have 521 friends and have 521 weapons and magic items or spells, then almost no one with less than 501 Army can defeat you in Invasions.

jjtvdl
04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
you are already in the correct thread, now you must read carefully :D

LOL:D:D:D lost and walked into the right door

Darren Jos
04-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Just a question as to why when you are involved in a Raid and YOU CHOOSE your opponent...the application will give you whomever it chooses.
This is especially frustrating when you are invading at x5 and the application gives you someone else. Surprise! This person comes into the Raid Invade list at a x1. But you lose the x5 multiplier worth of stamina and $$$'s If the application is just going to shuffle it all around...why give you the choice in the first place?
Not sour grapes here...just a real question as to why this takes place.

Darren Jos
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Unless they have a higher Attack and Defesnse

freestyler_jg
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Just meet some weird battle recently where I beat my opponent on DUEL and INVASION, but when he DUEL back, he beat my ass too, how could it possible to happen?? My victories are continues but my attack log is continue beaten too. I'm sure he is dueling me as I did check my DUEL streak was break.

Myself is lvl222 with over 800 attack and 150 defense anyway. Can somebody advise on this?

M0rth4nv3ld
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
LOL:D:D:D lost and walked into the right door

LOL ... +1 ... btw it's amazing how people just asked questions without first reading the excellent stickied materials in all these threads *sigh* ... I imagine these people must throw away their manual books of their newly purchased computer/cellphone/mp3player/whatever and call customer service for help even before they switch on :rolleyes:

Tim Nyota
04-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Just meet some weird battle recently where I beat my opponent on DUEL and INVASION, but when he DUEL back, he beat my ass too, how could it possible to happen?? My victories are continues but my attack log is continue beaten too. I'm sure he is dueling me as I did check my DUEL streak was break.

Myself is lvl222 with over 800 attack and 150 defense anyway. Can somebody advise on this?

It is likely that his stats are similar to yours perhaps then, high attack and lower defence. Your total defence (just for stats) works out at 710 (based on the 70% formula) So if he has more than 710 attack and even 0 defence, he will win when attacking you.

edit: lol, i so agree with you there M0rth heh

M0rth4nv3ld
04-13-2010, 04:54 PM

you are level 222 with very nice dueling gears AND Malekus** yet you are not familiar with Castle Age battle mechanics ? :eek:

Den
04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I recently got a "Azriel" general.............there is something I don't quite understand. They said, "Every 50 Archangels Increase Attack by 0.25"---- where I can get these Archangels, can I buy it from Town or I have to kill more monsters to get??:)

HouseNdaHouse
04-14-2010, 06:13 PM
I recently got a "Azriel" general.............there is something I don't quite understand. They said, "Every 50 Archangels Increase Attack by 0.25"---- where I can get these Archangels, can I buy it from Town or I have to kill more monsters to get??:)

Battle and increase rank to General I think...then you buy them in town. Archangels are top 5 or so of all army units available, but, cost hourly maintenance as well as an initial sum. They get VERY expensive as you build. I don't have access to them yet, but, to equip my army with commanders plate cost many, many, many BILLIONS not to mention the hourly upkeep fee. Expect Archangels to be 5x more expensive in both areas ;)

sjnbad
04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/lycute999/FunFun/misc/unreasonable.jpg

I'm lv 168, my rival: 164
as you can see, my army 541 with Genesis highest, 10 Hydras, lot of hydra's heads and valor knight is weakest unit, the number of archangel is increasing to replace valors. and I know how to hardened my army by buy the best for unit, item, weapon and magic. my rival don't even got 1 cronus hydras, but he still can defend my invade. I focus on strength so most of my stat points are for attack with 570 , defense 113,stamina 240, i know it not hight enough b/c I'm just lvl 168.and my rival sure don't have genesis the question is : what good is a strong army ? Pay money on favor point for what ? they may have weaker army but have good stat and win the battle, I'm really disappointed , maybe I build my char in the wrong way, please give me some advices ...

carwotcar
04-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Why do you lose when you duel, have you noticed how some people seem to have a lot of items when you have done a lot more quests and duels then them. They buy their way to the top whereas most of us would not spend a penny on these games, who in their right mind would spend hard earned cash just to have a few clicks more. To these people i would say save your cash and buy a proper game and use these as time fillers, stop being so sad. I have been attacked, and have attacked someone with a quarter of the stats i have, yet i have nowhere near the amount of gear he has, but i more then likely have a lot more PC and PS3 games then he does. If you need to buy tokens then it is time to leave.

fiestyvermin
04-17-2010, 10:33 PM
ok I see this but I am not real sure I agree with what has been said. My attack is 450 my defense is 360 I have 501 in my arm y that I use all the time and I lose battles to people 3-10 levels lower with less army and no better equipment?????????? The only thing I cant see is their stats but I find it hard to believe there is or are anybody in the 450 range. IF attack and defense mean the most and if our items are exactly the same shrugs.. Somethings just dont make sense

Masterdo
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
ok I see this but I am not real sure I agree with what has been said. My attack is 450 my defense is 360 I have 501 in my arm y that I use all the time and I lose battles to people 3-10 levels lower with less army and no better equipment?????????? The only thing I cant see is their stats but I find it hard to believe there is or are anybody in the 450 range. IF attack and defense mean the most and if our items are exactly the same shrugs.. Somethings just dont make sense

Raw numbers mean nothing before lvl 300. What matters is the number of stats vs your lvl essentially. BSI of 5 i somewhat average for pvp, so if you are anything higher than lvl 162 with those stats, you are below average. Considering that 5 is only that, an average, your opponent could have as high as 7-8, so even if you ahve 10 lvl on him (assuming lvl 152 then) that gives 532 to both attack and defense with 7 BSI.

If you are not built for pvp, once you try to win against someone that is, you basically have no chances, 541 army or not.

EDIT: For the allusion to 450 range, people that are pvp oriented would reach 450 attack and 450 def at lvl 129... Sure there are advantages and disadvantages to every build, but when you are on their playing field, well they have the upper hand :p

silverkitty23
04-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Why do you lose when you duel, have you noticed how some people seem to have a lot of items when you have done a lot more quests and duels then them. They buy their way to the top

None of the best dueling equipment comes from the cash shop - it comes from demi-rewards (free, just takes time), monster raids (variable length of time based on your luck), and the very highest end dueling equipment comes from the arena (free but limited time slots when you can get it)

http://castleage.wikidot.com/best-in-game-armor-set - cash shop items appear very rarely even on the "top 5" lists, and never in the top positions.

So, your argument is wrong on the face of it: you cannot buy your way to a good dueling build.

Even if your argument were right, though, it's really, really rude to try to tell people what they find entertaining enough to spend their entertainment budget on. One of the principles of living in the free world is that you get to spend your money however you like, regardless of what other people value. Of course, another principle of living in the free world is that you have every right to call them names for doing it, without fear of government censorship. But, if I go to a football game and call everyone losers for watching a game they could be playing to better health benefit for themselves, which I have every right to do, I'd still be a jerk for doing it. The right to do something doesn't automatically mean doing it is polite.

J.Smullins
04-18-2010, 01:07 PM

Whats your level? I am in the 160's and have way over those numbers. And I know of one person down around 120 who can beat me in a duel. He is pure pvp So finding another person with stats like yours is real easy and common.

solkyro
04-18-2010, 01:13 PM

what's your level ? i know i can cream you with those kind of stats, both invade and duel.

stats matter most in CA, items are drastically behind

neikel
04-22-2010, 05:22 AM
You fought with:
Vanquish (Level 152)
20/17
Weapon: Zarevoks Meat Cleaver [+44atk, +22def]
Off-Hand: Sword of Redemption [+50atk, +30def]
Armor: Swordsmans Plate [+25atk, +12def]
Amulet: Warriors Insignia [+18atk, +12def]
Spell: Gladiators Strength [+25atk, +12def]
Glove: Holy Gauntlets [+4atk, +6def]

Devon fought with:
Shino (Level 148)
7/8
Weapon: Icicle Lance [+12atk, +14def]
Off-Hand: Deathshield [+24atk, +24def]
Helmet: Helm of Fear [+9atk, +9def]
Armor: Glacial Raiments [+11atk, +11def]
Amulet: Thawing Star [+18atk, +17def]
Glove: Hands of Bounty [+10atk, +9def]

I lose him, LOL

cdoubleu
05-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Why do you lose when you duel, have you noticed how some people seem to have a lot of items when you have done a lot more quests and duels then them. They buy their way to the top whereas most of us would not spend a penny on these games, who in their right mind would spend hard earned cash just to have a few clicks more. To these people i would say save your cash and buy a proper game and use these as time fillers, stop being so sad. I have been attacked, and have attacked someone with a quarter of the stats i have, yet i have nowhere near the amount of gear he has, but i more then likely have a lot more PC and PS3 games then he does. If you need to buy tokens then it is time to leave.

Some of us aren't 14 and have disposable income...

owensinski
05-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I started this duel, i have 111 attack, he had 42, i had 85 def, he had 37. i lost, any clues on how that works?

rdlee3z
05-13-2010, 01:45 PM
First and foremost, you should remove their keep link.

I would venture a guess that you did not heal before closing the web browser, and your health does not get added back to your character until the next time you log in.

This means if you log out with 12 health, you will ONLY have 12 health the entire time you are away.

Can'-Ka No Rey
05-13-2010, 03:23 PM
First and foremost, you should remove their keep link.

I would venture a guess that you did not heal before closing the web browser, and your health does not get added back to your character until the next time you log in.

This means if you log out with 12 health, you will ONLY have 12 health the entire time you are away.

rdlee3z is correct.

You should still remove their keep link.

rdlee3z
05-13-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't understand your health reasoning. You restore 1 health every 3 minutes. 3.5 hrs would be plenty of time to refill my health to full. Also, in the last 2 days, I've used up health to less than 20, left the game and received over 60 points of health damage when I've "returned". So, it can't ONLY recharge once you've joined CA again.
His link is there becuase I suspect foul play.

There is no foul play here.

The game will keep track of time like normal and will "regenerate health" while you are away. The thing you are missing is that the regenerated health WILL NOT BE APPLIED to your character until the next time you log in to CA. This also applies to gold earned through land. I understand this is not intuitive, and would seem out of sorts, but from what I can gather this is intentionally done this way to prevent you from being chained CONSTANTLY every three minutes.

If you bank all of your gold before logging out, you will notice that if you lose a fight two hours later, the winner will gain 0 gold, but when you log in you will appear to have gold in your account.

Does this make sense?

b_griffbot
06-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Arena gear is killing me. I keep losing to people several ranks below me with less than 501 army, and worse gear than me, EXCEPT they have a Genesis and Zarevoks Meat Cleaver. So, what is the point in buying all of the Archangels, Royal Seals, etc if they don't count for anything? I have a volcanic knight and 6 world hydras, plus max archangels, but 1 Genesis and a sword beats that? This is bull$#!+.

Flatox
06-17-2010, 04:31 PM
I keep losing to people several ranks below me with less than 501 army, and worse gear than me, EXCEPT they have a Genesis and Zarevoks Meat Cleaver.
They have much better stats than you, that's it.

b_griffbot
06-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Better stats? Must be it. I went for 300 Energy/Stamina right away instead of Attack and Def, but I'm still 430 Attack/ 351 Def. They must be all Defense?

Matezma
06-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Not necessarily all defence. Average pvp builds only get 120 in levelling stats, some less. That's 540 stat points they'd have over you.

shemaurice
06-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Not sure who can answer this for me or if I am in the right place, but I have several Genesis swords and was wondering why in WAR, it does not use all of them? They are higher than two of the swords that were chosen for me. Can someone lead me to the right place for this answer?

Defyeler
06-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Not sure who can answer this for me or if I am in the right place, but I have several Genesis swords and was wondering why in WAR, it does not use all of them? They are higher than two of the swords that were chosen for me. Can someone lead me to the right place for this answer?

War only allows you to use the best 3 pieces of gear for each slot, then moves down to the next best.

So for example if you had 6 Devotions, 6 Genesis Swords, 1 Meat cleaver.

It would use:

1 Meat Cleaver
3 Devotions
3 Genesis swords

Works the same way for all equipment slots.

lyhsa
07-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Ok I understand all this explanations;but what can I do when I really like this game but my friends dont seems to be into it and I dont want to add people that I dont know as friend just to be able to play I had reach the level 200 and up 63 army I am an Earl more than 26000 battles won and most of quest completed;but I keep loosing to comanders or even champions of lower levels wich have 45 army just because I dont have a numerous army that sucks and I have to retire and delete the game Castle Age and going to play Haven cause is better with this thing of army numbers I can still play Haven without being destroy after I advanced so much in the game.
It must be something we can do about this (sorry) but stupid rule you have Castle age,players that play every day like me should be able to keep advancing not matter if I have just an army of 63 I am sure that some of those that have one of 501 army just play once and while.
Thanks

Battle Calculations:

Example:

What you take to battle:

Duel Calculations:

3. Armor
4. Helmet
5. Weapon
6. Shield
7. Amulet/Ring
8. Magic

Jain Zar
07-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Ok I understand all this explanations;but what can I do when I really like this game but my friends dont seems to be into it and I dont want to add people that I dont know as friend just to be able to play I had reach the level 200 and up 63 army I am an Earl more than 26000 battles won and most of quest completed;but I keep loosing to comanders or even champions of lower levels wich have 45 army just because I dont have a numerous army that sucks and I have to retire and delete the game Castle Age and going to play Haven cause is better with this thing of army numbers I can still play Haven without being destroy after I advanced so much in the game.
It must be something we can do about this (sorry) but stupid rule you have Castle age,players that play every day like me should be able to keep advancing not matter if I have just an army of 63 I am sure that some of those that have one of 501 army just play once and while.
Thanks

You don't need a large army to advance. If you are a strong player you can duel your way up the ranks. If you are invaded you can gain back what you lost by dueling.

You can add people to your army then remove them from your friends list. Create a friend list called Castle Age, then set the security/privacy settings so that they can not see your photos, personal info etc. Go to the Add Me forum and add people there to the Castle Age friend list. Once you add them to your army you can remove them from your friend list.

keyb23
07-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Even though it is a game No one in this game should challenge someone in a lower level bracket ..unless they challenge you ...Yeah the stats look good ..but you are Cowards ..!!! I was back stabbed by a level 17 ..I was only at level 11 ... But,.. I'm keeping tabs and will produce my list of yellow bellies sometime in the future ...

Jain Zar
07-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Even though it is a game No one in this game should challenge someone in a lower level bracket ..unless they challenge you ...Yeah the stats look good ..but you are Cowards ..!!! I was back stabbed by a level 17 ..I was only at level 11 ... But,.. I'm keeping tabs and will produce my list of yellow bellies sometime in the future ...

You're both in the same level bracket, they hit you because you appeared on their battle list. A difference of 6 levels is nothing in this game and does not make them a coward.

lyhsa
07-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks

No its to complicated the reason I liked this game is because it was fun to play;but know you started with all this rules for battling and more more it is not fun anymore I gain my points to advance I play everyday(more than once a day) and the next hour I comeback I'll been defeated repeatidly and lost all the points I'm stuck can't advance because all this people with less range level etc are defeating me just because all this rules no way GOODBYE CASTLE AGE I got to be an Earl it was fun before now I get to upset everytime I play cause cant advance anymore;so I better stop like a lot of friends I know are in my situation.
Thanks and bye.

Nathan11101
07-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Bye to the guy who posted before me. Lol!!! Its a game dude, suck it up!

Now, my question is why do I win some battles but lose the next few?

eg. I attack this guy who has an army of 501, my army is 355, but im a pure pvp'r with a bsi of 8. So theres very little people who can beat me in duel or invade, but when I attacked this guy I beat him the first 3 times, but after that he beat me 3 times.. How the hell does that work? If im stronger then him, I should have kept on winning, not win the first couple..

lyhsa
07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
:D Hahaha see what I meant? is not funny when you know you should be winning the points and is the other who gets them;but I supose you have to go and learn the bunch of rules for this game good luck!!

lyhsa
07-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Ohh I forgot SUCK IT UP BODY!!!!!!:D

solkyro
07-23-2010, 02:38 PM
apparently, someone didn't stat right and is now whinning

lyhsa
07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Defyeler
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Bye to the guy who posted before me. Lol!!! Its a game dude, suck it up!

Now, my question is why do I win some battles but lose the next few?

eg. I attack this guy who has an army of 501, my army is 355, but im a pure pvp'r with a bsi of 8. So theres very little people who can beat me in duel or invade, but when I attacked this guy I beat him the first 3 times, but after that he beat me 3 times.. How the hell does that work? If im stronger then him, I should have kept on winning, not win the first couple..

It means your stats are close. If they are close the random factor kicks in.

crangor
07-24-2010, 02:33 AM
to the guy with 63 army, dude e yeah your army is a bit low but if you got epic loots then you will pawn peeps that duel you and yeah you will lose to bigger armies,but hey what the hell you dont lose as many battle points when you lose as you gain when you win so you still advance, im the other way my stats are all attack and i have 335 army so i invade with 335 attack at lvl 72 i can destroy pretty much anyone mainly due to fact i stopped playing so now my income is awesone for my lvl i buy all the gear i can. i get beat in battles sometime by peeps with smaller armies than you trick is to fight as many times as you get beat against similar lvl oposition and your battle rank will still go so np annoying thin for me is i get some of same rank ( high commander with lik 10 army and it says you opponent has a much bigger army build up your forces b4 attacking wtf is that all about its like 18 against 1 against him/her wht cant i fight thrm ?

lyhsa
07-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks Crangor I really want to stop playing I have a bigger army than 63 now;but still to discourage to keep playing anyways I'll do what you suggest and guys stop calling me "the guy" I'm a girl :) thanks anyways.

Killa
07-27-2010, 05:47 PM
anyone have the calcs for war? I keep getting puzzled on how my bigger generals keep getting defeated by celestia lol

Djjoe
07-27-2010, 05:50 PM
anyone have the calcs for war? I keep getting puzzled on how my bigger generals keep getting defeated by celestia lol

Because Celesta may have better items. Click on View More and it should give you what your generals are holding, as well as theirs.

Abdiel
07-27-2010, 05:51 PM
On war, generals are just like 1 more equipment, as

General stats
Weapon
Armor
Gloves
Off hand
Helm
Magic

So if your equipment is bad or the guy defending have an amazing set the general is not a big diference :D

grace01
08-10-2010, 05:43 AM
hiiiiiiiii

castle age is very horrible...and its cool also ..please try it to play with home theatre..

Ginger The Hutt
08-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Please help... today I got pwnd by some guy... it might have been because he had 1k+ levels on me... but I'm not sure...

/whine.

Who am I kidding... 1k+ levels reach down... tempted to message him and ask why the need... but I doubt anything will come of it... :/

VersionsOfViolence
08-17-2010, 09:20 AM
There's this guy in my battle feed... he's mean to me. Please chain him dead.

His name is ginger somethingerother...

EZhangster
08-17-2010, 09:56 AM
On war, generals are just like 1 more equipment, as

General stats
Weapon
Armor
Gloves
Off hand
Helm
Magic

So if your equipment is bad or the guy defending have an amazing set the general is not a big diference :D

Actually theres a thread in the strat guide part of the forums on a proposed formula.

Using the formula they got through trials, gen stats are multiplied roughly by 6. That makes them about on part with the combined stats of the rest of the gear. I'd say its more 50/50. Generals are worth just as much as the combined score of all your gear together.

Yorocius
08-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Actually theres a thread in the strat guide part of the forums on a proposed formula.

Using the formula they got through trials, gen stats are multiplied roughly by 6. That makes them about on part with the combined stats of the rest of the gear. I'd say its more 50/50. Generals are worth just as much as the combined score of all your gear together.

Having said that, your equipment must be crap if your Epic general gets beat by Celesta.

vongola
08-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Your FINAL Rank: Alpha Vanguard (Top 0 - 2%)
Total Arena Points: 9,165
Total Wins: 627
Total Losses: 59
:D:D:D

sirkatana
08-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Rank Hero
Arena Points 6995
Wins 573
Losses 448

Not sure how many points I missed out on Vanguard by.

windweaver77
08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Your FINAL Rank: Vanguard (Top 3 - 5%)
Total Arena Points: 7,805
Total Wins: 542
Total Losses: 291

I paid my dues, time after time, got it !!!!! gt me helm me baby me preciious !!! lol

duoyiza
08-20-2010, 07:32 AM
@Topic:
I lose due to lack of competence but that was before xD

What does Pedro wants to prove?
A lv245 Duke vs a lv240 Earl (that's me) :D

2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You were challenged by Pedro
You lost the battle, taking 4 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You lost the battle, taking 7 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You lost the battle, taking 5 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
Victory! You were challenged by Pedro
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 8 damage to your rival. You gained 2 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 10 damage to your rival. You gained 2 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 10 damage to your rival. You gained 3 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You lost the battle, taking 8 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You lost the battle, taking 6 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You lost the battle, taking 7 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 19 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 9 damage to your rival. You gained 1 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 8 damage to your rival. You gained 2 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 8 damage to your rival. You gained 3 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 9 damage to your rival. You gained 4 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You lost the battle, taking 6 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 10 damage to your rival. You gained 3 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 2 damage and dealing 10 damage to your rival. You gained 3 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You lost the battle, taking 8 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You lost the battle, taking 4 damage and losing $100,000. You have lost 3 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 9 damage to your rival. You gained 4 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
2 hours, 20 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 0 damage and dealing 12 damage to your rival. You gained 4 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 21 minutes ago:
You defeated your enemy, taking 2 damage and dealing 9 damage to your rival. You gained 3 experience points and $105,000. You have won 12 Battle Points!
2 hours, 21 minutes ago:
2 hours, 22 minutes ago:

The Arch Cleric
09-02-2010, 03:06 PM
<You will lose points but will never move down a Tier.>

I 'was' a Duke until just few seconds earlier I realised I've 'downgraded' to an "EARL"... cos i lost too many BPs??
I have not been active in the Battle field. Been spending time in fighting mobs instead.

Is there a change to the BAttle rules??

...that one will move down a Tier once you have lost too many BPs?

mith
09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
<You will lose points but will never move down a Tier.>

I 'was' a Duke until just few seconds earlier I realised I've 'downgraded' to an "EARL"... cos i lost too many BPs??
I have not been active in the Battle field. Been spending time in fighting mobs instead.

Is there a change to the BAttle rules??

...that one will move down a Tier once you have lost too many BPs?

Every tier has three ranks. You were the top rank of the nobility tier, Duke, and you have moved to the middle rank, Earl, of that same tier. Baron is the lowest rank in the nobility tier; you can not drop below Baron. Once you are down to 37,000 battle points, you will not lose any more.

mith
09-02-2010, 03:17 PM

That he belongs in the Royalty tier.

The Arch Cleric
09-03-2010, 12:10 PM
I see.... thanks for clarifyin. :)

M0rth4nv3ld
09-04-2010, 04:44 PM
I see.... thanks for clarifyin. :)
Try to get to Prince, for the comfort of knowing that your rank will not go down :)

angelina erica
09-09-2010, 05:35 PM
@Topic:
I lose due to lack of competence but that was before xD

basically, he wants to earn more bp point

Koz
09-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Battle Stats
5,211 Invasions Won 5,262 Duels Won
1,329 Invasions Lost 807 Duels Lost

Why do I lose so many invasions? I have decent gear with all ornate axes & royal seals.
I'm a hybrid build, with decent BSI too. I have no problem with duels, but I seem to lose a lot of invasions

Defyeler
09-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Battle Stats

Why do I lose so many invasions? I have decent gear with all ornate axes & royal seals.
I'm a hybrid build, with decent BSI too. I have no problem with duels, but I seem to lose a lot of invasions
Pre-gauntlet(level 300+) the 541/521 generals make a huge difference when invading. Unless you're a pure PvP build, most likely invasions will be tougher to defend. I too lose more invasions than Duels. Which means gear does play a good role for invasions, especially when bracketted in levels.

Plus there are now many PvP builds in the 200s, much more so than when I hit 200 it seems. There are a lot of sleeping tigers out there waiting to come out. I'm predicting by the end of this year, the gauntlet is going to be hit hard by PvPers. Between Legends and this forum, at least 100 players that I know are going to be knocking heads, let alone the 1000s that I don't know. Still small in number compared to everyone else in the CA population, but significant enough to cause havok up there. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it :).

VersionsOfViolence
09-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Battle Stats

Invade me & I'll give you a quick tap back to see what the problem is.

Koz
09-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Invade me & I'll give you a quick tap back to see what the problem is.
Thanks VoV. I tapped ya :D

arnabghosal1989
09-10-2010, 01:07 PM
To some new players here:
1. Health stops regenerating once you are offline.
2. In duels the attack and defense formulas work as:
Attack=attack+.7*defense
defense=defense+.7*attack
3. In invades, this attack and defense is multiplied by your army, so a huge army can be defeated by a small army depending on stats.
4. Items are found by monsters and demis and arena. PvP rank and tier items are mediocre at best. Check castle age items as well as alchemy page.
5. You take max 501 people in your army to battle unless you have equipped a general who gives u special power to take more like mephistopheles,chase etc.
6. The damage done while attacking is not really the damage done. The real attack stats of the attacker is matched with the defense stats of the defender and then it is decided who wins. Then the compiler randomly assigns a number between 1 and 6 to the winner and between 7 and 12 to the loser as damage taken. If your opponent has edea equipped or you have edea equipped, it may seem to either of you that you lost even when u took less damage.
7. An invasion army depends not only on soldiers but also on gear and other stuff like magic etc. So if u have good soldiers and no magic and gear, you may lose.
8. The Fp are only good for getting new generals, general items and refills and name changes. For winning battles you need brains to know where to place the SP's.
9. Many people see that they win some battles and lose some against same opponent. this isnt a bug but it just means that you both are very close in attack and defense stats. If the defense and attack stats are exactly same there is a luck factor that decides the winner. Maybe not your lucky day.
10. Many of you win while attacking and lose while defending(when you are attacked when u sleep). Thats because your attack stats are better than your defense stats so u attack well but defend bad.
11. Everyone thought at one time that they are the best and noone can defeat them but it is not true, there is always someone better than you so grow up. Wraith is lvl 2xx and he defeats levels 7xx in duels. Level is nothing, stats distribution is everything.

Peace.

newnoz
09-24-2010, 01:53 PM

e[/url]

Actually the reason we lost is cause i can't find the <insert bad word> forum guide that tells me which battles/ monsters i have to do to be able to battle. ( hint, hint)

No Forget the hints just ell me where to find this info PLEASE !!!
( and thanks)
( yes another stupid question)