PDA

View Full Version : Answers to Why you are Losing Battles/Duels

Pages : 1 [2]

HungLikeFish
09-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Tried to duel back a guy that was currently attacking me - I get "Your opponent is dead or too weak to battle." How can that be? Guys been chaining me for months and I can never hit back.

Cerbykins
09-29-2010, 09:13 PM
That my friend is a hider. He logs in, does his thing - monsters, chaining, etc. - and before he logs out, he makes sure his health is <10. As long as he doesn't log back in until he's ready, no-one can touch him.

Only solution - work out when he's on, keep checking him, and when you finally get him...*BAM*. :D

charmed0913
09-29-2010, 10:41 PM
I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but i need help.
My question is simple. How can you delete a person off of your army?
I know a lot of people want a bigger army but this dude is just plain creepy. If i do get him off of my army will i be off of his army as well?
Thank you for any help given. :D

Cerbykins
09-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Gift --> View Army.

Find the guy, there'll be a remove member link.

Bulge!
10-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Hey who is the best general for dueling? I have Mephistopheles who is best for invasions but not sure who i should use for dueling. I know Vanquish get like +20 attack but she also has -25 defense, does defense come into play?

King Hrothbeort
10-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey who is the best general for dueling? I have Mephistopheles who is best for invasions but not sure who i should use for dueling. I know Vanquish get like +20 attack but she also has -25 defense, does defense come into play?

Malekus. Provided you have plenty of other generals to beef up his bonus. He is found in the Vanguard chest.

stickyex
10-05-2010, 03:17 AM
That my friend is a hider. He logs in, does his thing - monsters, chaining, etc. - and before he logs out, he makes sure his health is <10. As long as he doesn't log back in until he's ready, no-one can touch him.

Only solution - work out when he's on, keep checking him, and when you finally get him...*BAM*. :D

what do you mena by "log in" and "log out"?

does he actually log out from facebook or just from the game?

Cerbykins
10-05-2010, 12:49 PM
As far as I can see there is no "logging out", it's just the common terms for when there's no activity (since so few people ever logged out of websites -anyway-... :D ). Similarly you're counted to have 'logged in' whenever you do something.
(skip to the bottom if this gets boring)

<technoblahblah>
As far as I know - and I'm sure others will correct me if this is trash - whatever health and other stats (energy, gold, stam, etc.) you've accumulated are only added up next time you do something. That means, if you only have 90 health and don't do anything for 30 minutes (health being 1 every 3m), you'll have 100 health when you do something. Until that actually happens...you still only have 90 health, even though the timers on the page lead you to think otherwise. The servers wouldn't be able to cope with updating every second, especially not for hundreds of thousands of people.
</technoblahblah>

The end result is, it's why if you bank your money at the end of the night you can't be robbed overnight. You only get paid when you show up again in the morning. If the server truly gave you hourly income it would be possible to rob you only an hour after you left.

With hiders it's the same. You can't attack someone with less than 10 health, so they get their health under 10...and then leave for the night. They're safe until they're online again. The log in/log out thing is just a reference to the time when you'd have to do this for everything I guess. Being on FB/MS means nothing.

arnabghosal1989
10-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Well lots of mess here:
1. Log-in and log-out are with respect to CA just close CA window or navigate away from it.
2. If you are logged into CA everything be it gold or health updates REAL-Time, but if u are logged out gold and health updates in bulk when u log in. Hence if u stash all gold before leaving u dont lose gold on being defeated.
3. Hiding is a technique of logging out with ur health <10. As ur health doesnt regenerate when u are logged out hence u remain <10 and noone can attack u coz u r too weak. If u login after appropriate time you will see ur health regenerated in an instant.

@ Sneha: Indian? Nice to cya...

Bulge!
11-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Is battling screwing up for anyone else??? I've been dueling and invading a lot here lately and i will click on someone who is say a level 282 DUKE, If i lose i get curious sometimes and i click on their name and it goes to their CA page and it says they are a level 462 PRINCE. This has happened countless times over the last few days where i think i am battling someone of similar level and rank from the generated list but it turns out that their level and rank are way off. Is this just part of the CA problems we have been having lately??

Jain Zar
11-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Is battling screwing up for anyone else??? I've been dueling and invading a lot here lately and i will click on someone who is say a level 282 DUKE, If i lose i get curious sometimes and i click on their name and it goes to their CA page and it says they are a level 462 PRINCE. This has happened countless times over the last few days where i think i am battling someone of similar level and rank from the generated list but it turns out that their level and rank are way off. Is this just part of the CA problems we have been having lately??

This has been going on for a while, the lists are out of sync. If you aren't confident in your build, you might want to check keeps before attacking.

WyldKard
11-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Regarding invasions, you missed one:
You take, as mentioned, 1 general per every 5 friends.
one ally per unit. (footman, hydra, dragon, etc.)
one item per unit. (armor, amulets, helms, etc.)
one spell per unit.
But you also get 1 Weapon per unit as well.

You may also note that there are some generals that allow you to take over 501 units and thus one of each other item with you to invasions. (Artanis, Chase, etc.)

TBee
12-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Bulge's recent post is close to my question ... I don't know how many of my losses over the weeks/months of CA play have been due to the "magical recruitment" of troops between the time the fight list is generated and the battle report comes in. [I know they aren't recruiting, I believe it's a server/game issue]

Hopefully the picture displays, but in case not:
- I see a target that I want to hit since he's the closest rank and size for best battle points on the list
- I invade and the battle report shows that instead of an army of 101 (I should emerge victorious), he had 377 (instead I am defeated)

My question is this a known issue .. something that has been going on for a while .. or is this something that needs to be escalated?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=785788&l=92b8db0637&id=1670413189

Thanos
12-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Hopefully the picture displays, but in case not:
- I see a target that I want to hit since he's the closest rank and size for best battle points on the list
- I invade and the battle report shows that instead of an army of 101 (I should emerge victorious), he had 377 (instead I am defeated)

My question is this a known issue .. something that has been going on for a while .. or is this something that needs to be escalated?

It's a known issue. It's been reported many many times, it's been like that for months. The battle list doesn't always show correct army count or level or rank. You might think you're attacking a level 270 with 200 armies and a rank of Baron and find out you just lost to a level 330 with 501 armies and a rank of High King. It's a gamble.

TBee
12-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks Thanos .. once I saw Bulge's post and Jain's response, I thought it may fall under the same issue. Sorry to see it's not fixed after so long .. but will hang in there with everyone else and hope it sees a solution in its future.

MonsterHunter79
12-19-2010, 05:13 PM
So BSI aside - the person with the highest numbers wins in a duel right?

Thanos
12-19-2010, 07:19 PM
So BSI aside - the person with the highest numbers wins in a duel right?

Usually, if the attacker's attack + 0.7 * defense is higher than the defender's defense + 0.7 * attack, then the attacker wins, if it's not, then the attacker loses.

However, when it's extremely close, gear can play a factor as well as the "luck" factor. It seems every duel adds a random factor of luck where a number is randomly generated and added to the formula. This number can have an impact when the two opponent's stats are very close. If they're not close, it doesn't usually matter.

Hope this helps.

Magolina
12-25-2010, 02:47 PM
"2b. If you have 501 friends but only have 100 army units then you only bring 100 to battle. Think of friends as # of slots available and it is up to you to fill the slots."

By filling up the slots, you mean inviting your [facebook] friends to play Castle Age, right?

Benedict E. DeDominicis
01-02-2011, 04:12 AM
I must have contributed at least 350 stamina points to combating Sylvana (500 level mage) in an Army of the Apocalypse guild battle. Of course, I was defeated every time in each of my attacks. Is this the reason why I received no rewards after the defeat of the AA?

smokeytripod
01-02-2011, 04:16 AM
I must have contributed at least 350 stamina points to combating Sylvana (500 level mage) in an Army of the Apocalypse guild battle. Of course, I was defeated every time in each of my attacks. Is this the reason why I received no rewards after the defeat of the AA?

wrong topic :rolleyes:

TheHeat
01-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Hey, sorry I would just like some information on dueling. When you attack I understand that you bring in your attack stats along with your gear and hero stats, but what about your defensive stats? Is it a certain percentage of your defense that comes into play as well? Also, when you attack your opponent they bring in their defensive stats obviously, but does a percentage of their attack also come into play? I also understand there is a random luck factor but i would just like to know how important each stat is when attacking or when you are on defense.

One final question, what is the meaning of BSI? I see some people mentioning that in the threads. Thanks to anyone who can clarify for me.

Defyeler
01-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey, sorry I would just like some information on dueling. When you attack I understand that you bring in your attack stats along with your gear and hero stats, but what about your defensive stats? Is it a certain percentage of your defense that comes into play as well? Also, when you attack your opponent they bring in their defensive stats obviously, but does a percentage of their attack also come into play? I also understand there is a random luck factor but i would just like to know how important each stat is when attacking or when you are on defense.

One final question, what is the meaning of BSI? I see some people mentioning that in the threads. Thanks to anyone who can clarify for me.

Just read the very first post of this thread and you get your answers.

TheHeat
01-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know what BSI means? and please just tell me don't refer me to some page or thread

zserg
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know what BSI means? and please just tell me don't refer me to some page or thread

http://castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?t=21439

Best thread on BSI ;)

atreides
01-11-2011, 07:41 AM

http://castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?t=21439

Best thread on BSI ;)

i cant stop laughing...

basically, bsi is battle strength index, calculated by this formula,

(attack + defense) / your level

average bsi for pvpers is somewhere between 5-7 or above, cheers...

zserg
01-12-2011, 07:23 PM
i cant stop laughing...

I did that on purpose :p

But it is the best thread on BSI around here ;)

bbernascone
01-12-2011, 07:29 PM
i cant stop laughing...

woohoo...I'm almost a PvP-er, ...i really need to get back to pumping my stam :rolleyes:

justElf
01-13-2011, 04:57 AM
what is LSI?
hey guys - I triend to check - find but after I write it I see its to shor ot to long to find it so:

I know whats BSI, Im 315lvl and have 5,52 now so in 80% I can even kill a 400lvl+ guys but I saw ppl say BSI >5 and LSI <2 and I dont know whats that

and btw - how much DEF/atk is great for high lvls?
I mean, once I read that with 1000 akt and def its very good, but I think ppl with 500lvl+ have much more, do u know somone with 500+lvl and his stats? or mayby 1000lvl + ?? in witch way to go?
yea I love to pvp, but also I want to have the best gear... :/ from mobs
so now with my stats - I dont know witch way to choose :/ make DEF very BIG or mayby atk/def balance (yea I saw the table with it) or mayby stamina very high?
how it looks like for 500 or 1000lvl players???

Pixel
01-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Sorry i might post this in the wrong place, but can anyone tell me why this can happened ??

You are victorious in battle, taking 53 damage and dealing 0 damage to your enemy. :confused::confused::confused:

I won, but i took the dmg and do no dmg to my opponent.... how can this be considered as winning ?

Zyxx
01-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Sorry i might post this in the wrong place, but can anyone tell me why this can happened ??

You are victorious in battle, taking 53 damage and dealing 0 damage to your enemy. :confused::confused::confused:

I won, but i took the dmg and do no dmg to my opponent.... how can this be considered as winning ?

Was that in a guild battle and was the enemy a rogue? If yes - he had his evade ability active.

watercloud
01-19-2011, 03:37 AM
"To Earn Duel Completion, first complete Training Grounds!"
What does this mean? where is the training grounds?

Field Mouse
01-19-2011, 08:11 AM
"To Earn Duel Completion, first complete Training Grounds!"
What does this mean? where is the training grounds?

Battle -> Training grounds

Ghostwhite
01-22-2011, 09:42 PM
why is it though i will win 10 duels in a row then lose one and then win another 5 against the same person, what changed in that one i lost?

Field Mouse
01-22-2011, 09:56 PM
You just had bad luck - the outcome of the battle is determined by your power, your opponents power and a luck factor. So you can lose to somebody if the difference in your powers is not too big.

Walter Pinkham
01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Finished Hero and the Heroic Inspiration wasn't a General or a Unit but a stinking Magic who's numbers were 25 x 25 it replaced what I had ...Gladiator Strength 25 x 12 all the other stuff was worthless, spent a lot of time doing this Arena for very little gain!

ps. Castle Age keeps crashing more then any other facebook app

krishcamp
01-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi
Useful information , great post . Thanks for sharing !!

Sight Seeing in Kanyakumari (http://www.sangamgrouphotels.com/tour-package) | Kanyakumari (http://www.sangamgrouphotels.com/how-to-reach-us) | Thiruvalluvar statue (http://www.sangamgrouphotels.com/contact-us):(

chowmein123
01-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Finished Hero and the Heroic Inspiration wasn't a General or a Unit but a stinking Magic who's numbers were 25 x 25 it replaced what I had ...Gladiator Strength 25 x 12 all the other stuff was worthless, spent a lot of time doing this Arena for very little gain!

ps. Castle Age keeps crashing more then any other facebook app

When has it ever been a general in arena? You even have gladiator strength, so you must know by now that no general is given out in arena.

DURGA-Sascha
01-30-2011, 02:57 AM
IF Equation for ATTACK used is:
General combined stats + (Attack value + 0.7*(Defense value)) = Total Attack value
I go into PvP duel with:
General: Ambrosia 26/26 = 52
Exsanguinator 32/22-> 32/15,4 = 47,4
Purgatory 30/30-> 30/21 = 51
HoDP 30/30-> 30/21 = 51
DeathRune HellPlate 18/27-> 18/18,9 = 36,9
Moonfall Amulet 40/40-> 40/28 = 68
Skulfire 16/16 -> 16/11,2 = 27,2
Gauntlet of Fire 13/9-> 13/6,3 = 19,3
my total Attack value = 352,8

and my opponent:
If Equation for DEFENSE used is:
General combined stats + (0.7*(Attack value)) + Defense value = Total Defense value
General: Azriel 28/22 = 50 (me/attacker 52)
Genesis Sword 20/30-> 14/30 = 44 (me/att 47,4)
Sword of Redemption 50/30-> 35/30 = 65 (me/att 51)
VolcanicHelm 32/14-> 22,4/14 = 36,4 (me/att 51)
HellFore Plate 25/12-> 17,5/12 = 29,5 (me/att 36,9)
ArmageddonPendant 23/18-> 16,1/18 = 34,1 (me/att 68)
Skulfire 16/16 -> 11,2/16 = 27,2 (me/att 27,2)
DeathTouch Gauntlet 12/12-> 8,4/12 = 20,4 (me/att 19,3)
opponents total DEFENCE value = 306,6 (me/att 352,8)

So.. although my attack total is about 50 points above the defense total of my opponent, I loose... as... we assume, his personal stats in att/def are better..

Well my question... Why is is a 'secret' in HOW / which way / how much personal stats make the cut... ??!
Is this, because the CA devs don't want no one to figure that their calc is arbitrary? - Or is there any existing calc?
I don't really fancy spending time and $ on random luck factor, being told on the other hand, how BUYING generals and equipment will improve my outcome... if it never will..!!

solkyro
01-30-2011, 03:08 AM
IF Equation for ATTACK used is:
General combined stats + (Attack value + 0.7*(Defense value)) = Total Attack value
I go into PvP duel with:
General: Ambrosia 26/26 = 52
Exsanguinator 32/22-> 32/15,4 = 47,4
Purgatory 30/30-> 30/21 = 51
HoDP 30/30-> 30/21 = 51
DeathRune HellPlate 18/27-> 18/18,9 = 36,9
Moonfall Amulet 40/40-> 40/28 = 68
Skulfire 16/16 -> 16/11,2 = 27,2
Gauntlet of Fire 13/9-> 13/6,3 = 19,3
my total Attack value = 352,8

and my opponent:
If Equation for DEFENSE used is:
General combined stats + (0.7*(Attack value)) + Defense value = Total Defense value
General: Azriel 28/22 = 50 (me/attacker 52)
Genesis Sword 20/30-> 14/30 = 44 (me/att 47,4)
Sword of Redemption 50/30-> 35/30 = 65 (me/att 51)
VolcanicHelm 32/14-> 22,4/14 = 36,4 (me/att 51)
HellFore Plate 25/12-> 17,5/12 = 29,5 (me/att 36,9)
ArmageddonPendant 23/18-> 16,1/18 = 34,1 (me/att 68)
Skulfire 16/16 -> 11,2/16 = 27,2 (me/att 27,2)
DeathTouch Gauntlet 12/12-> 8,4/12 = 20,4 (me/att 19,3)
opponents total DEFENCE value = 306,6 (me/att 352,8)

So.. although my attack total is about 50 points above the defense total of my opponent, I loose... as... we assume, his personal stats in att/def are better..

Well my question... Why is is a 'secret' in HOW / which way / how much personal stats make the cut... ??!
Is this, because the CA devs don't want no one to figure that their calc is arbitrary? - Or is there any existing calc?
I don't really fancy spending time and $ on random luck factor, being told on the other hand, how BUYING generals and equipment will improve my outcome... if it never will..!!

personal stats matter greatly since most of the formula used in duels and invasion use your personal attack and defense combined

item stats are almost irrelevant in pvp except when you have the same stats as your enemy or in war

Kuko
01-30-2011, 03:06 PM
personal stats matter greatly since most of the formula used in duels and invasion use your personal attack and defense combined

item stats are almost irrelevant in pvp except when you have the same stats as your enemy or in war

what Solkyro said

you forgot to add your personal att/def to your equation, so if you have 100 att and 100 def and I have 1000 att and 1000 def your power is 350+170 vs mine 300+1700 and no general or gear can save you

at low levels were personal att/def is still low, your gear can help you great lot, but higher you go it matters less and less as people tend to invest more and more SP into att/def and so lowering the importance of gear or general

Peaceful
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
what is LSI?
hey guys - I triend to check - find but after I write it I see its to shor ot to long to find it so:

I know whats BSI, Im 315lvl and have 5,52 now so in 80% I can even kill a 400lvl+ guys but I saw ppl say BSI >5 and LSI <2 and I dont know whats that

and btw - how much DEF/atk is great for high lvls?
I mean, once I read that with 1000 akt and def its very good, but I think ppl with 500lvl+ have much more, do u know somone with 500+lvl and his stats? or mayby 1000lvl + ?? in witch way to go?
yea I love to pvp, but also I want to have the best gear... :/ from mobs
so now with my stats - I dont know witch way to choose :/ make DEF very BIG or mayby atk/def balance (yea I saw the table with it) or mayby stamina very high?
how it looks like for 500 or 1000lvl players???

I can only answer from my own perspective, but at Level 830 a BSI of 6 will lead to a "peaceful" existence. Very few will challenge you. If you put the majority of your (Attack+Defense=5000) skill points in defense and have General Xira, you don't get many repeat visitors to your keep.

But there are always plenty of people at higher levels who are even stronger, so never get too comfortable.

thomasj8
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I can only answer from my own perspective, but at Level 830 a BSI of 6 will lead to a "peaceful" existence. Very few will challenge you. If you put the majority of your (Attack+Defense=5000) skill points in defense and have General Xira, you don't get many repeat visitors to your keep.

But there are always plenty of people at higher levels who are even stronger, so never get too comfortable.

My favorite doggy :) Can I always be in your gate during guild battles :D

Naga
02-06-2011, 12:39 PM

May I ask what your LSI is? It's amazing to have a BSI of 6 at your level!

Thunderfist
02-08-2011, 09:06 AM
This is a very useful thread but 1 question that keeps bugging me, when you get attacked by someone, you can see who that someone is by clicking on "home" and looking at the bottom right of the page where it displays "Battle News" but most of the time when I try to retaliate it shows by either dueling or invading it always reads
"Your opponent is dead or too weak to battle."
sometimes I even wait for an hour, then two hours later and I still get this same reply and I cannot retaliate but they sure can hit me :confused:

Peaceful
02-08-2011, 03:36 PM
This is a very useful thread but 1 question that keeps bugging me, when you get attacked by someone, you can see who that someone is by clicking on "home" and looking at the bottom right of the page where it displays "Battle News" but most of the time when I try to retaliate it shows by either dueling or invading it always reads
"Your opponent is dead or too weak to battle."
sometimes I even wait for an hour, then two hours later and I still get this same reply and I cannot retaliate but they sure can hit me :confused:

It is really pretty simple. They are "hiding" It is a fighting technique used by people who are moving up in rank, but are really unable to defend the rank they already have. So they hide. They take their health to less than 10 and log off. Giving you the message you have been seeing. When it is time they come out of hiding by logging back into facebook, entering CA, hit you until they are less than 10 health and log off again. Repeat, repeat, repeat. To combat it will require a lot of patience, you basically have to try and hit them every few minutes until you luck into that 5 minutes a day when they are not hiding. Good luck

Thunderfist
02-08-2011, 04:06 PM
hey thanks a lot for explaining that Peaceful and yes the fella that was consisently hitting me has stopped because I manage to Invade back as he has a smaller army, lost the duel but I guess I was stupid to give him a post on his "Battle Reports" so he could keep hitting me.
Again thks

Hells Knight
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM

personally attack and def is over 7000 and i know several who are far higher. Hope this answers your question :)

sorry meant to answer Just Elf still getting used to how forum works.

_Panther_
02-19-2011, 10:01 AM
tnx, u saved me...

Lord_Von_Strahd
03-06-2011, 01:16 PM
same here, didn't understand why i get my butt kicked by someone who only had 19 army member...

Niel The Cat
03-06-2011, 01:19 PM
same here, didn't understand why i get my butt kicked by someone who only had 19 army member...

maybe he/she have high bsi..and he or she duel you :D

Darth Wingates
03-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Sat here through three episodes of Sons of Anarchy and now I have know idea what I've missed since I've been so absorbed. My inner forum geek is coming back to me. Pretty much read every page aswell as Sophia's guides. Kudos to you m'love, it's great to see helpful members of the community giving back and helping out. Been on the forums for a good few hours silently reading through post after post and I've enjoyed the banter (and arguments) and have to say I think I'm going to enjoy it here.

Although too be perfectly honest I wasn't sure on the exact formula per say but I had an idea of how it worked (not in as much detail though). I figured most people would have realised where their personal weakness would be and as such be able to rectify the issue. When I've lost I always recon the enemy to figure out where I went wrong and make amends as fast as possible to ensure it's not repeated.

Just don't like it when people ghost on me to avoid my furry wrath.

Morti
03-30-2011, 08:50 PM
You lost the battle taking 0 damage and dealing 89 damage to your rival.
Jeremy inflicts +100 Damage upon Victory.
You evaded the attack of your enemy, taking no damage!

Just wonder how exactly I loose when I take no damage. Its a guild battle and wondering why I lose when I take no damage I would rather have the 200bap verses the 100bap when I win.

zserg
03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Evade Level 1:
Rogue Ability: Passive ability allows chance to receive no damage.

Aurelija
07-11-2011, 05:24 PM
What you bring to the Duel:

1. Your Attack/Defense Stats (most important part of the calculation)

Not true: Attacker with 1000 att and hero 36 att gets 36000 points in calculation, while attacker with 1000+36=1036 att and hero with 10 att gets 10036 points only.

That's why people who were not lucky in chests will always be weaker than ppl which did get strong hero in chest.

robeth
07-11-2011, 07:04 PM
hi. May I ask?. how much energy and Stam maximum elbow to go to a larger level, because now I feel, I long to level up once, because my friend told me there all alone to attack the SP input. :) Thanks before his. now I'm in

level 68
98 Max Energy -- Do more quests
42 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)
415 Attack -- Offensive might
10 Defense -- Defense power
120 Max Health -- Withstand attacks

Mursilis
07-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Not true: Attacker with 1000 att and hero 36 att gets 36000 points in calculation, while attacker with 1000+36=1036 att and hero with 10 att gets 10036 points only.

That's why people who were not lucky in chests will always be weaker than ppl which did get strong hero in chest.

Um sorry but you got that wrong. The hero attack/defense stats are not multiplied by the players A/D stats. They are added together, that's why generals don't play a major role in duels.

Aurelija
07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Um sorry but you got that wrong. The hero attack/defense stats are not multiplied by the players A/D stats. They are added together, that's why generals don't play a major role in duels.

Oh really? Are you sure about that? On some other place in this Forum I saw it's multiplied... Great if it only adds to att/def!!! :)

FrankyL
07-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm with Mursilis. You may be confusing invading and dueling.

With invading, your eATK is multiplied by the number of soldiers you bring to the fight. In a duel, it's you, your active general, and your best gear.

If I have 1700 eATK (1000 ATK, 1000 DEF) with 500 army, then the numbers are:

Invade: (1700 * 500) + generals + gear
Duel: 1700 + general (singular) + gear

War is completely different, but in effect it's 7 simultaneous duels.

If you'd like to test it out, visit me... keep link's in the sig ;)

VanDavian
07-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Oh really? Are you sure about that?

...you must be new here.

That is Mursilis (aka - Decard Cain). I imagine he is an old man with a walking stick and long white hair to the ground....who sits in a cave high on top the mountains and meditates on CA law. He knows more than you.

Andernal
08-15-2011, 10:55 PM
This guy won't let me alone: *link removed*
He's bean chaining me for some time without any reason. I can't win against him and would like to know what's that tag on him.
*link removed*
apps.facebook.com

chowmein123
08-15-2011, 10:59 PM
This guy won't let me alone: removed the link.

He's bean chaining me for some time without any reason. I can't win against him and would like to know what's that tag on him.
removed the link.
apps.facebook.com

Sorry Andernal, you just have done something to cause him to chain you for awhile, if not then most likely, you are good BP for him. P.S.: Unfortunately, you can't post other players keeps.

Edit: Forgot to remove the link myself. LOL, thank you korath xD!

Korath the Blade
08-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Sorry Andernal, you just have done something to cause him to chain you for awhile, if not then most likely, you are good BP for him. P.S.: Unfortunately, you can't post other players keeps.

and you can't quote them :p

*grabs popcorns and waits for the russian*

chowmein123
08-15-2011, 11:41 PM
and you can't quote them :p

*grabs popcorns and waits for the russian*

Me, being the idiot, forgot to remove the link the first time.

al'Lan Mandragoran
08-16-2011, 12:23 AM
This guy won't let me alone: [*****

apps.facebook.com

you linkin me bro? umadbro? you must be one of the devil cheaters. if you live in a guild full of cheaters, you'll get chained like the other cheaters. don't like it? kick the cheaters out or start a new guild and don't let the cheaters in. sad thing is the majority of them are your higher level officers.

ps.... the tags stand for The Black Company....... thats bad company til the day i die mother ****er. now heal up cause if you're not dead yet you will be soon:eek:

Mr Lucky
08-16-2011, 12:38 AM
This guy won't let me alone:

Why are you even posting that in this section????

Ever stop and think as to why he may be hitting you? Could it be you plastering his keep to the public?

In the future, posts like this do not get too much sympathy. Also, start adding defense (I imagine that suggestion is made through numerous posts in this thread).

smokeytripod
08-16-2011, 12:57 AM
This guy won't let me alone:

umadbro????

snarlyjo
10-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Question about battles and duels. I am confused about the battle lists they give you under the battle option. I am a level 101 player and I am given people in the list that are listed as level 100-109. However, recently I have been getting about 50% win loss ratio. I can accept this if the players matched with me are what is listed in the offerings but when I go to the adversaries keep they are very high level players such as level 299-499. I am now experiencing the same issue with war. Does anyone have this problem? I could understand if I wasn't such a low level but really-pit me against someone who is level 451????

Ineluki
10-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Yes it's a common problem. The list you see is frequently bogus. Go to their keep before attacking. What you see there is generally accurate. Sorta drags out the process if you're looking to dump hundreds of sta on battles though...

swanney
11-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Quick question on dueling higher players. Should I dump everything I get into attack and do not worry about defense as much? Example if a player had 1,000 attack 200 defense and another player had 200 attack 1,000 defense and for simple situation their armies, generals etc... were a mirror image. Would is neal out or would the attack when out in the duel. Basically, I want to know where to play my points. 400 attack 300 defense. would it be in my best interest to just put everything into attack and leave the defense alone. Is there a percentage of defense to attack you should basically have for a PvP game? 1 to 10 ratio or 1 to 20 etc... Thanks for any advice or links to a thread that already answeres this.

The Ruiner
11-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm fairly new to CA so my knowledge of how battles are done in their entirety is still being developed, but I've been getting this message "Their army is far greater than yours! Build up your army first before attacking this player!" weather I duel or invade. Now here's the thing that's confusing me, I'm currently a lv 59 rank 8 Centurion with an army of 79, 91 total units, 61 total items, and 20 generals (all but 3 are max lv), and yet my opponent(s) have an army ranging from 1-20 or sometimes higher yet lower then my army :confused:. My questions are why/how is it possible their army is greater than mine, what do I need to do to remedy this, and out of curiosity what are they/am I not doing that makes their army so much bigger than mine when clearly what is showing says otherwise? I don't think this has anything to do with it but my BSI is currently 3.64. Also is that good for my lv or should it be higher?

P.S. Sorry if someone had already made a thread/post about this, I figured it would be faster to make my own post since there's way too many threads/posts for me to look through :p lol.

Korath the Blade
11-11-2011, 11:48 AM
If I remember correctly that message has nothing to do with the army size, it shows up when you try to attack someone above your level range (your level +/-10%). That happens because of a bug that shows other players' wrong level, the fact that said bug still happens is quite lame imho :/
For the BSI, there are a lot of things to do in this game, someone could tell you that's low and someone else that you should raise ene/stam first.
It's up to you to decide which part of the game attracts you most and specialize in that field or being a jack of all trades.

PS: the search option in the top of the screen works like a charm ;)

The Ruiner
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Hmm that is very lame>:(, btw after I submitted my post I scrolled up to the posts before mine and saw the one about clicking the person to see their keep. I tried it and was surprised to see that what was showing as a lv52 "Knight" with an army of 7 was actually a lv 552 "Knight" with a lot more unit's/items/generals then I have lol. Thanks for help =)

Ozisis
11-26-2011, 09:23 AM
So I was wondering, a guy who is at around level 330 keeps dueling me (level 120) and keeps winning. Is the level disparity supposed to be this bad that the guy can duel someone as low ranking as me?

Mursilis
11-26-2011, 01:28 PM
So I was wondering, a guy who is at around level 330 keeps dueling me (level 120) and keeps winning. Is the level disparity supposed to be this bad that the guy can duel someone as low ranking as me?

That person has your keep link and has bookmarked you. Normally anyone level 300 and higher can't see anyone lower than that on the battle list, so he's finding you a different way. Did you say or do something to this person that might have set them off?

Ozisis
11-26-2011, 04:55 PM
That person has your keep link and has bookmarked you. Normally anyone level 300 and higher can't see anyone lower than that on the battle list, so he's finding you a different way. Did you say or do something to this person that might have set them off?

Nope, I don't think so.

Mursilis
11-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Well then either you used to be in the same battle rank as this person and they are leveling faster, and they saved your keep link for later. Or someone in your battle rank passed your keep link along as a target.

pythonis
11-30-2011, 04:47 AM
Ok I dont attack ppl but I dont care for being attacked (and losing). So from what Im seeing in initial posts I have to buy items in quantity matching or in excess of my army. So im assuming that means that if I have 200 army I have to have 200 of literally every single item?

Mursilis
11-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Ok I dont attack ppl but I dont care for being attacked (and losing). So from what Im seeing in initial posts I have to buy items in quantity matching or in excess of my army. So im assuming that means that if I have 200 army I have to have 200 of literally every single item?

Not of every single item, but of each equipment class. So 1 armor, 1 weapon and 1 spell for each army member you have, up to 501 (or 541 with Meph).

Korath the Blade
11-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Not of every single item, but of each equipment class. So 1 armor, 1 equipment(basically every item in the blacksmith tab except weapons) and 1 spell for each army member you have, up to 501 (or 541 with Meph).
Also 1 soldier for each army member.

In your case you'll need a total of 200 soldiers, 200 weapons, 200 equipments and 200 spells, not 200 of each.
Don't bother buying the ones you unlock with the ranks, with only 200 army they will make no difference against an attacker that has 501+ army.

pythonis
12-01-2011, 12:35 AM
so the 400 billion i spent yesterday was a waste? If i have no desire to have a larger army should i even bother with trying to get higher stat items? I usually just log in, see about 15-20 defeat messages then say "oh well" and deposit what i have left.

Caidi
12-01-2011, 05:32 AM
If i have no desire to have a larger army should i even bother with trying to get higher stat items?

Short answer: no.

For duels: having one single item in each equipment class with the best stats may help you win duels against players who have roughly the same attack and defense stats as you.

For invasions: if you are not planning to exceed 200 army, you are likely to lose most invasions no matter what gear you have, as other players who enjoy battling will be aiming for 500+ army. You will almost always lose to a larger army unless you have very strong attack and defense stats, in which case invasion equipment also wouldn't really matter, as stats are worth much more in invasions than equipment.

pythonis
12-01-2011, 07:46 AM
thanks much.

rabikiki
01-22-2012, 01:26 AM
exteremly helpful post thank you

LordRAM
07-11-2012, 10:26 AM
There seems to be some kind of cheat that some people are using for Invade ?.
I had a guy Invade and beat me 16 times he is level 209 and I am 425 there should be NO possible way he can even come close be beating me.
He has all low level stuff and halve the number of generals, he has an army of 501 he dose not have enough stuff to field that large of an army, I have 429 my attack and defense is 693, there is some thing vary wrong hear.

zserg
07-11-2012, 10:45 AM
your attack and defense are not that great. It's quite possible for a lvl 209 to have even double that.

And if he has 501 army and double your attack and def, you won't beat him regardless of what his items are.

woody_11
08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
If you get hate-chains it's better than hate-mail. Taunt them into submission and ignore them in PvP.

6ia9aia
08-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I had a guy Invade and beat me 16 times he is level 209 and I am 425 there should be NO possible way he can even come close be beating me.
He has all low level stuff and halve the number of generals, he has an army of 501 he dose not have enough stuff to field that large of an army, I have 429 my attack and defense is 693, there is some thing vary wrong hear.

you lost coz your att n def are too low .. not to brag or anything .. here are my stats: level: 292 | attack: 1015 | defense: 515 .. that makes my BSI: 5.24 .. still considered as a low build for PvP .. but i'm sure i can win on duels or invasion from you

a suggestion to you if you want to win on duels and invasion .. you must build your attack and defense .. and build up your gears and heroes too .. and having 500+ army will help you a lot too :D

▌Shdw Wlkr▐
08-16-2012, 03:15 PM
i gotta ask, am level 190 and can take out guys four levels ahead but when i press the battle tab, iam given guys 200 levels ahead of me always, Why the hell is that

Amanojaku
08-16-2012, 03:31 PM
i gotta ask, am level 190 and can take out guys four levels ahead but when i press the battle tab, iam given guys 200 levels ahead of me always, Why the hell is that

If you're at 190 and seeing 300+ you might want to post that in the technical support threads, because that shouldn't happen until you're at level 300, then you'll see people 5000 levels ahead of you :D

The_Skipper
09-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Yes, he can and most people can. Here are my stats only 28 levels higher than you.
Level 453

energy 638
stamina 370
health 1270
defense 1257
health 510

Army 1413

BSI = 5.57 Above average

Those maintaining BSI 7 or above sacrifice, or suffer in other area's. With the above stats in guild battle I can usually beat levels 200 + above me. Not always, because everyone is different.

Your BSI is 2.64 AND your attack and defense are upside down. I can guess you are high stamina for monsters and energy for quests.

snookybear
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm not super strong nor am I super weak I'm middle of the road yet I struggle to level up. Any suggestions?

snookybear
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I cannot bring myself to add all energy or Stamina nor can I add all Defense or all tacck. I try to add at least 1 stamina and one energy on level ups....

paul20061988
09-20-2012, 05:55 AM
guys.... i realy dont understant why i loosing in battle with someone who is on level 160 and i am 800 i have all best items equiped as is kessaran best alchemy made item ambrosia and more and guy with 160 level had just some items as celestia sword and all old not strong items... i have 4 times more stats than him and i loosing, why????????? why than .... why i geting this strongest items if i loosing with someone like this? its make me angry and i stoping play this not pointed game, tsis game is f...ckt.

chowmein123
09-20-2012, 06:53 AM
guys.... i realy dont understant why i loosing in battle with someone who is on level 160 and i am 800 i have all best items equiped as is kessaran best alchemy made item ambrosia and more and guy with 160 level had just some items as celestia sword and all old not strong items... i have 4 times more stats than him and i loosing, why????????? why than .... why i geting this strongest items if i loosing with someone like this? its make me angry and i stoping play this not pointed game, tsis game is f...ckt.

What is your attack and defense? You may have more stats than the level 160, but if the level 160 has more attacks and defense than you do, well you will lose against that player. The best items in the game is just shiny loot but in PvP, the thing that matters 99.99999% of the time is your attack and defense.

sanguinaryminion
10-13-2012, 04:28 PM

Couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag when I started doing guild battles. I thought 525 attack and 525 defense was good enough around level 340, but pure PvP players in CA can easily reach that and higher in about 100 levels. Good loot from monsters is nice to have, but the backbone of PvP power is in the attack and defense stats. It took me a while bumping my attack and defense to feel confident hitting players more then 100 levels lower than me.

Aneemofolding
10-28-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm not feeling the thrill yet in my level (27) although my BSI is very low, but is now investing on BSI more than the LSI and slow down.

ocelot60
11-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Now I'm having a real problem here, I am level 400 and my effective attack is 1200 alone, I nearly have 1000 attack and I have 400 defence, I'm not so defensive because I attack a lot more than I get attacked of course.

But my problem is, despite having 1000 attack, I still manage to lose against level 300s and EVEN level 200s! In fact, in yesterday's guild battle a level 186 could defeat me with no problem! Is that even possible? A level 186 should barely even be able to come close to 1200 effective defence! And, yes, I had better items, things like the Dragon Helm, Force of Nature, Festivus Blade (Or whatever it's called) and all that. I just don't understand how I can lose like this. Is it the cleric class? Does being a cleric seriously lower your offensive capabilities?

So overall, I have what I would consider good attack/defence stats and good items, yet I am useless in guild battles, I have to focus on enemies way below my level, and even then I'm gambling a fight against a level 200. It's pathetic...

zserg
11-10-2012, 11:43 AM
A lvl 200 with bsi 10 and balanced build will have 1700 effective attack and 1700 eff. def.

He would break and bounce you easily.
There are probably lvl 100 people too that can bounce you.

ocelot60
11-10-2012, 11:50 AM
A lvl 200 with bsi 10 and balanced build will have 1700 effective attack and 1700 eff. def.

He would break and bounce you easily.
There are probably lvl 100 people too that can bounce you.

That's just crazy... BSI of 10 would be tortuously slow to level, it was probably just an alt of another member in the guild. But either way, even with 1200 effect attack I'm losing against so many people, do all people at level have ridiculously high BSIs?

zserg
11-10-2012, 11:54 AM
I know plenty of people with higher bsi at that lvl, real people.
A 6 bsi lvl 200 wall would bounce you.

You are simply not built for pvp. 1200 attack was good 2 years ago.

ocelot60
11-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I know plenty of people with higher bsi at that lvl, real people.
A 6 bsi lvl 200 wall would bounce you.

You are simply not built for pvp. 1200 attack was good 2 years ago.

Bah, what do you recommend than rather than kicking me while I'm down?

zserg
11-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Add a lot more attack? Accept that pvp is not your builds thing? :p

YellingCat
11-10-2012, 05:27 PM

Ignore zergy. He used to be a diplomat like me, but then he took an arrow to the knee. :p

I think the main thing is accepting that developing a mean attack will take time. There's indeed lots of tough low levels out there (some, but by no means all, alts), so for a while you'll still be bouncing a lot, but if you plan carefully and execute efficiently then you should be able to pierce with a higher certainty in a while. I'd personally go for more attack in this situation since most people are offensively built and so it's easier for a cannon to pierce them even if they have a slightly lower combined att+def.

sanguinaryminion
11-10-2012, 05:53 PM

Here's my recommendation. Stop your whining and start increasing your attack and defense stats. You have an advantage over the low level players with very high BSI's: Level Speed and Resources. You're energy and stamina that pushed you to level 400 can help you turn things around. There are many quests and other ways to grab skill points in CA, plus there is the daily demi. Use them all to your advantage.

About a year and a half ago I rejoined a guild and decided to take the pvp aspect more seriously when I realized how underpowered I was. My BSI has doubled from around 3 BSI back then to a current 6.06 BSI at level 502 with a defense that far exceeds your attack and defense combined. My goal is 7 BSI by level 600. Let this be an inspiration to you that you too can turn the tables on low level pvp players. ;)

And in case you don't see the big picture. 10 BSI at level 200 is the same as 5 BSI at level 400. Both equal 2000 combined attack and defense. This means that if you were to reach 5 BSI at level 500, that would be equivalent to 10 BSI at level 250 that took many months of slow leveling to achieve. It will take some time for you as well, but don't be daunted by the challenge. Eventually you will be able to hold your own in guild battles while still getting legendary drops from monsters.

Edit: Don't ignore defense. Once your attack is over 1000, I'd suggest getting your defense to at least 1000 before going further. High level players with soft defense are prime targets for lower level players, so being able to fend off the ankle biters is important.

ocelot60
11-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Here's my recommendation. Stop your whining and start increasing your attack and defense stats. You have an advantage over the low level players with very high BSI's: Level Speed and Resources. You're energy and stamina that pushed you to level 400 can help you turn things around. There are many quests and other ways to grab skill points in CA, plus there is the daily demi. Use them all to your advantage.

About a year and a half ago I rejoined a guild and decided to take the pvp aspect more seriously when I realized how underpowered I was. My BSI has doubled from around 3 BSI back then to a current 6.06 BSI at level 502 with a defense that far exceeds your attack and defense combined. My goal is 7 BSI by level 600. Let this be an inspiration to you that you too can turn the tables on low level pvp players. ;)

And in case you don't see the big picture. 10 BSI at level 200 is the same as 5 BSI at level 400. Both equal 2000 combined attack and defense. This means that if you were to reach 5 BSI at level 500, that would be equivalent to 10 BSI at level 250 that took many months of slow leveling to achieve. It will take some time for you as well, but don't be daunted by the challenge. Eventually you will be able to hold your own in guild battles while still getting legendary drops from monsters.

Edit: Don't ignore defense. Once your attack is over 1000, I'd suggest getting your defense to at least 1000 before going further. High level players with soft defense are prime targets for lower level players, so being able to fend off the ankle biters is important.
Don't worry, I'm doing all of that already, I had about 500 attack when I started playing again two months ago.

River4222
11-15-2012, 04:08 PM
How is it that I a experiencing losses when thing is posted in my battle chat on the front page? I am assuming someone is dueling me in festival duels. Do I have t join in in order to see who is attacking me? I'm hitting the regular battle page but not the festival duels. Once I sign in will past duels show up?

Thanks

zserg
11-15-2012, 04:12 PM
What makes you think they're fest duel hits if you can't see them?

If people playing on ios hit you, the hits won't show on your battle feed, but you will lose HP. I find this a likelier explanation.

It's also possible I am misunderstanding your post, your english is a bit confusing tbh.

River4222
11-15-2012, 04:19 PM
The lost battles are showing up in my keep but not on my battle page. What is IOS?

zserg
11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't know what "i" stands for but os = operating system.
ios is the operating system of iPhone /ipads.

You have heard that there's a version of castle age on iPhone right? Well people hitting you through the iPhone castle age app won't show up in your battle feed.

River4222
11-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Thank you. I'm sure you answered my question correctly.

ojo
11-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I was wondering how did I lose in the invasion. I have more army, weapons, spell,... also better gears. you can check the attach file I captured the screen shot of both sides' army. Would be appreciate to know how it's really work. thanks you

ojo
11-21-2012, 09:36 PM
link to the screen shot's here

http://s1280.beta.photobucket.com/user/Homer_Sponge/media/Screenshot2012-11-21at24255PM.png.html?sort=3&o=8

the pic order's from left to right thanks

ojo
11-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Ohhh i got it. it take in to account of player Def and Att stat xArmy size. please ignore the previous posts.

RAINMAN5573
12-17-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm very new, but think I am catching on quickly for equiping for battles, but cannot find boots for any class available (rougue boots, mage boots, etc.) Any thoughts?

Trmerritt
12-24-2012, 06:39 AM
1. Relax bro...I've only been here 2 months lol
2. Truth is... no one knows exactly how the battle formula works which is why I am not very exact in my post. What we do know is that your personal stats weigh heavily in the calculations more so than units or equipment. The stats from your units and your equipment still enter the equation... otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have footmen and phoenixs with different stats. All the stats make a difference.

As an example let's just assume that your personal stats account for 50% of the equation. Then your units/equipment/magic/generals would account for the other 50% combined. I apologize on teh moderators and developers behalf for not being able to spell out the calculation exactly for you. We are all just giving advice as best we can based on what we know.

I hope that helps.

Well I've been playing a few
Years but, always thought that a 501 army would trump a 350 or 450 army. Since strength of army members don't come into play till you reach 501. I lose to people with fewer generals and equipment. And win against some with more. And I have over 1100 attack and defense.

AAII Reaper
01-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Level 228
BSI = 7.02183406114
LSI = 2.17467248908
Attack Power = 1530
Defend Power = 1203.6
Average A/D Power = 1366.8
i got evade,resistance lvl 4,and poison, deniera,deshara..please suggest me how to become powerfull rogue..thanks in advance <3

zserg
01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Buy aethix or something for better poison. Keep increasing pvp stats. It helps if you can buy fp obviously.

AAII Reaper
01-11-2013, 08:31 PM
:) thanks so its ok if i go canon rite? top notch?

zserg
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Well as a rogue you would be interested in breaking people yes. Try to find an active guild too, if you're not in one already.

Also personally I don't recommend too much health even if you like guild battles... you're already quite low on a/d as it is...

tbolt
03-15-2013, 12:45 PM
I beat someone in battle; but I lost in healing him; any idea? :mad:

KegOfAle
03-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I beat someone in battle; but I lost in healing him; any idea? :mad:

Healing compares your effective defense against their effective attack while attack compates your effective attack against their effective defense. So basically, your effective attack is higher than their effective defense, but their effective attack is higher than your effective defense.

effective attack = base attack stat + (70% of base defense stat)
effective defense = base defense stat + (70% of base attack stat)

tbolt
03-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Healing compares your effective defense against their effective attack while attack compates your effective attack against their effective defense. So basically, your effective attack is higher than their effective defense, but their effective attack is higher than your effective defense.

effective attack = base attack stat + (70% of base defense stat)
effective defense = base defense stat + (70% of base attack stat)

I see; thanks; so now "canon build" can't be healing cleric? :eek:

Death of Rats
03-16-2013, 03:15 AM
I see; thanks; so now "canon build" can't be healing cleric? :eek:
Canons can still be good clerics. They can still Heal (although they may only do the base healing amount rather than BONUS healing, unless they are one of the more powerful guild members). Additionally, canon build clerics have always been more effective at getting offensive wins to bump their entire gate's health.