PDA

View Full Version : iphone app not working after update

JeanneW
01-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Noticed I had an update to CA on my iphone today so installed it and now CA won't even load, it has a spinning wheel like it's trying to but then just goes back to my app screen. Are you guys working on this?? <<<please>>>

Windy Wolf
01-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Same thing happens to me. I wish I could uninstall the update because now I can't even open the app. :(

Lord Caric
01-22-2011, 02:11 PM
The app won't load for me either after the update. It seems to connect to Facebook then crashes and closes.

Celestia Moondream
01-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Same is happening to me. I'd noticed a few days ago that the big arena banner telling me what rank I am was showing up in the app as garbled code before. I sent a bug notice through iTunes yesterday, so all I can do now is wait.

Novara
01-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Haha, I was screaming at my ipod because the app kept crashing. Glad I'm not alone on this.

Lord Caric
01-28-2011, 12:35 AM
I was able to fix this issue on my iPhone. Here's what you have to do:

1. Update your iPhone to the latest IOS, 4.2.1.
- iTunes will do a backup. Make sure you turn off AV software, it can screw up the backup.
- it takes a while to do so plan some time

2. Once the new IOS is updated, your iPhone will be restored to factory settings (mine was anyway). Reconnect and let it sync up everything and do the restore of your apps, music, photos and contacts. Again, turn off AV software.

3. Once everything is back the way it should, the CA App for iPhone works now.

Like I said, takes some time but it works. Since the iPod Touch software is basically the same, this should work for this too. Not 100% sure on the iPad, but again the IOS is not much different so I'm guessing it will work for that too.

teirwin
01-28-2011, 05:56 PM
...because it also crashes for me after Facebook login. Can someone make an .IPA of version 1.02, it shouldn't be that hard.

Windy Wolf
01-29-2011, 05:55 AM
I was able to fix this issue on my iPhone. Here's what you have to do:

1. Update your iPhone to the latest IOS, 4.2.1.
- iTunes will do a backup. Make sure you turn off AV software, it can screw up the backup.
- it takes a while to do so plan some time

2. Once the new IOS is updated, your iPhone will be restored to factory settings (mine was anyway). Reconnect and let it sync up everything and do the restore of your apps, music, photos and contacts. Again, turn off AV software.

3. Once everything is back the way it should, the CA App for iPhone works now.

Like I said, takes some time but it works. Since the iPod Touch software is basically the same, this should work for this too. Not 100% sure on the iPad, but again the IOS is not much different so I'm guessing it will work for that too.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This worked for me. :D

Teasoninaz
01-30-2011, 03:29 AM
Upgrading my phone is not an option. It resets to manufacturer. It was jailbroken when I got it and don't have a computer to sync with to restore anything. When can you fix application?

Lady Ayaka
02-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Why oh why can't you test things before releasing them???? <.<

I was happily playing CA on my iphone during my breaks and now....nada!

I really should check the ratings on the app store before updating anything. So many people complaining about the update being kablooey.

*sobs*

ae86trueno
02-01-2011, 05:25 PM
The original thread closed... :confused:
http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=47234

I had 1.01 working happily.. update to 1.02 and it keep crashing.
Now I notice they have 1.03 and it crash again :(

If the option to fix this must update to iOS 4.2.1 then it should be mentioned and not allowed people to be able to update if their phone can't handle it. (iPhone 2G only updateable to 3.1.3 If not mistaken.. but definitely not up to iOS4)

teirwin
02-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I don't think its a firmware compatibility issue. Most stuff that is higher than my 3.1.2 either won't install or won't open at all. Castle age, opens, lets me log into facebook, then crashes. That's an app bug or something.

Lady Ayaka
02-02-2011, 11:55 PM
I don't think its a firmware compatibility issue. Most stuff that is higher than my 3.1.2 either won't install or won't open at all. Castle age, opens, lets me log into facebook, then crashes. That's an app bug or something.

You are 100% correct and this is confirmed by the complete lack of response from the devs.

<.<

I am missing out on lots of play time, as I can't play during the day when I am out of the apartment.

:(

ae86trueno
02-03-2011, 05:22 AM
teirwin, you got point there.
By the way, i just update 3g to 4.2.1 and now CA works again. I guess its something in 3.1.2 that not compatible but should have been checked when being installed to 3.1.2 :|

Tremere
02-04-2011, 01:14 AM
the crashes you see are probably out of memory errors. pre-3.2 handled memory differently and was less stable. these were addressed in 3.2 and on.

Lady Ayaka
02-04-2011, 03:37 AM
teirwin, you got point there.
By the way, i just update 3g to 4.2.1 and now CA works again. I guess its something in 3.1.2 that not compatible but should have been checked when being installed to 3.1.2 :|

Yeah but people with an older ipod touch/iphone cannot upgrade past OS 3. <.<

lv4-26
02-04-2011, 07:43 AM
And those who doesn't want to upgrade to 4.XXX are trapped as you guys...My policy now for all those f....g app is to avoid upgrade when it works...GG CA !!!

scolloymore
02-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Mines already got 4.2.1 and i installed the update and now i can no longer play cstle age on the phone not very impressed at all

Ho do i unistall this crap off my phone !?!?! :mad:

Lord Caric
02-08-2011, 05:23 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This worked for me. :D

No problem at all, glad it worked!!! :D

kuhplat
02-09-2011, 04:29 AM
what is AV software?

kuhplat
02-09-2011, 04:31 AM
i had problems backing up my stuff so i want to make sure i'm doing things right...i don't know what that software is.

Lord Caric
02-11-2011, 02:13 AM
AV is short for "Anti-virus", software like McAfee Internet Security, Symantec - Norton Anti Virus, Kapersky, etc. Because they actively scan files that are opened to check for viruses, this can hold up the process and cause an error, causing the backup to fail. You should disable Real Time scanning on whatever anti-virus package you have before doing the backup and restore through iTunes.

kuhplat
02-12-2011, 06:23 PM
AV is short for "Anti-virus", software like McAfee Internet Security, Symantec - Norton Anti Virus, Kapersky, etc. Because they actively scan files that are opened to check for viruses, this can hold up the process and cause an error, causing the backup to fail. You should disable Real Time scanning on whatever anti-virus package you have before doing the backup and restore through iTunes.

Thank you so much...no wonder why it failed to back it up. I'm going to try this again hopefully it works this time

Tremere
02-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Mines already got 4.2.1 and i installed the update and now i can no longer play cstle age on the phone not very impressed at all

Ho do i unistall this crap off my phone !?!?! :mad:

Can you provide more details when you say you can't play CA anymore? Does the facebook login show up at all? Does it let you enter credentials? Does it disappear after you enter and it goes back to the start up screen with the Connect button? We can't help without more details since we can't see what you're seeing.

Lady Ayaka
02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Luckily I had the previous version synched on my itunes on the laptop, so I copied that back over onto the iphone and it works again.

Phew!

Have you got it backed up on your puter? If so, delete the new version and install the older version. If you dont, then I have no idea what will happen.

They will lose players if they dont fix this though. <.<

So one would think it was in their best interest to fix this problem.

rushjunkie69
04-27-2011, 01:18 PM
I have an iPhone second generation and I downloaded the CA app on it and i'm having the problem everyone seems to be having. I can't get anywhere and i really want to check it out. I get to the startup screen with the three choices. My iPhone version is 3.1.3 (the latest update i can get for the phone i have). How can i figure this out?

ashmolean
04-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Hi all,

I am also facing a sudden problem which I cannot seem to resolve. I have been playing the CA app on my iphone 4 for about two-three months. Everything perfectly fine and logging in through FB. Then after the recent update of CA, I am now unable to log in. When I run CA, it brings me to the Facebook or Iphone iOS login page. If I choose iOS login, it starts a completely new character for me. If I click facebook login, the popup asks me to log into facebook with my facebook account email and password. When I try to do that, after clicking login, the password disappears and the screen stays on the connect page.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the CA app. I have tried closing and logging off FB or reinstalling FB. I have tried resyncing on my computer. None of this works.

Please help. Thanks.

hellzseeker
04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Same issue. When I clicked on the login icon after a few sec the password will be cleared off and have to retype. I tried using another password to see if it can authenticate with fb and it can tell me password is wrong. how come when I use the correct password I keep getting the password cleared off? iPhone log in is no problem just can't log in with Facebook . Pls help

Tremere
04-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Sounds like the local cache is corrupt. Try deleting the app from your phone and resync it back from iTunes, and reenter your FB login credentials to see if you can get it to work.

Same issue. When I clicked on the login icon after a few sec the password will be cleared off and have to retype. I tried using another password to see if it can authenticate with fb and it can tell me password is wrong. how come when I use the correct password I keep getting the password cleared off? iPhone log in is no problem just can't log in with Facebook . Pls help

Tremere
04-29-2011, 02:26 AM
For second generation iPhone, or any device older than 3GS, stick with v.1 or 1.01. The older devices have less ram, and would frequently kill the new versions of the CA iphone app.

I have an iPhone second generation and I downloaded the CA app on it and i'm having the problem everyone seems to be having. I can't get anywhere and i really want to check it out. I get to the startup screen with the three choices. My iPhone version is 3.1.3 (the latest update i can get for the phone i have). How can i figure this out?

Tremere
04-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Are you still getting this today? The FB login prompt is controlled by FB and sometimes it is iffy when they are fixing things on their end. The iOS login doesn't depend on FB so wouldn't be affected by FB bugs.

Hi all,

I am also facing a sudden problem which I cannot seem to resolve. I have been playing the CA app on my iphone 4 for about two-three months. Everything perfectly fine and logging in through FB. Then after the recent update of CA, I am now unable to log in. When I run CA, it brings me to the Facebook or Iphone iOS login page. If I choose iOS login, it starts a completely new character for me. If I click facebook login, the popup asks me to log into facebook with my facebook account email and password. When I try to do that, after clicking login, the password disappears and the screen stays on the connect page.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the CA app. I have tried closing and logging off FB or reinstalling FB. I have tried resyncing on my computer. None of this works.

Please help. Thanks.

Starkz
05-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Are you still getting this today? The FB login prompt is controlled by FB and sometimes it is iffy when they are fixing things on their end. The iOS login doesn't depend on FB so wouldn't be affected by FB bugs.

I am also experiencing the same issue, already did what you had proposed, but still no avail.

Daniel AoA
05-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Log-in to iPhone creates a new character that is a much more limited version of the game. No Guilds, somehow I can't join low level serpents or dragons but not problem joining mephs, or hydras.

So little functionality compared to FB login (where your FB character resides).

Hate not being able to directly get to the generals page and going first to the town page, then having to select general.
The FB login via iPhone is ok for Guild battles on the go, or questing (no demi-quests) and a few things. But you have to open FB on a browser on your iPhone to really get to do all the functions.