PDA

View Full Version : Guild Master running at least 5 alts

Rutherford
01-14-2011, 11:23 AM
We just started a fight with Myths. http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/guild.php?guild_id=697644101_1283009411

You're welcome to watch it at this link: http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/guild_battle.php?attacker_guild_id=646263759_12828 63494&defender_guild_id=697644101_1283009411&battle_type=2000&ref=nf

I noticed that there were an awful lot of folks in the guild named Terence. So I checked some facebook profiles and see that their Guild Master is running at least 5 alts, including playing from his girlfriend's account. That's so freaking classy that I just wanna wet myself with envy!

I hope he enjoys his suspensions and that he's heavily invested in the Arena with several of them.

KismetKat
01-17-2011, 09:27 AM
dobber (and adding for 10 characters)

slpedlar
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
no point in saying anything nothing will happen

we have fought several guilds with big and little alts (one guy has 7 on a guild) but they are in some of the top ranking guilds and the devs are just not interested in doing anything at alllllllll about this

good luck in getting any response

Loveless
01-17-2011, 09:53 AM

we have fought several guilds with big and little alts (one guy has 7 on a guild) but they are in some of the top ranking guilds and the devs are just not interested in doing anything at alllllllll about this

I think they aren't deleting them on purpose. With so many people quitting their game in droves deleting all the alts would lower their player base by another 100k at least.

ZohVahk
01-20-2011, 11:39 PM
well you know, as long as the alts pay for fp and all too, i dont think the devs really care

Yoshiyuki
01-21-2011, 04:38 AM
You shouldn't be reporting this to the devs. You should report it to Facebook. There is no rule in CA about having alts but it IS against Facebook TOS. Hence, it does not fall to the devs' jurisdiction.

Rutherford
01-21-2011, 05:35 PM
You shouldn't be reporting this to the devs. You should report it to Facebook. There is no rule in CA about having alts but it IS against Facebook TOS. Hence, it does not fall to the devs' jurisdiction.

I talked with a forum mod about this very issue this morning. She has the same feelings about this as you do.

I sent a report based on Kori's thread here: http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=41179

He clearly indicates that Castle Age will ban cheaters and that although he hates having to ban them, it is something that they do indeed take seriously.

The infractions for breaking the alt abuse rules, as well as the special circumstances with guild masters, are detailed in this thread: http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=42058

Personally, I'd rather Facebook not close his girlfriend's account just because she gave him her password. But you're welcome to report them to Facebook if you feel inclined.

Rutherford
01-21-2011, 05:48 PM

Also, the Devs do write me back sometimes.

I don't think I'm anybody special, so I assume they write other people back sometimes too.

VanDavian
01-22-2011, 09:55 AM
@lolidesu - I keep reading that so many people have left CA...I'm not even sure how many players there are. I'm not sure if this is asking too much...but is there any online source of statistics for how many people are playing CA and how many people have left or joined over a given period of time? I'd be very interested.

Rutherford
01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
@lolidesu - I keep reading that so many people have left CA...I'm not even sure how many players there are. I'm not sure if this is asking too much...but is there any online source of statistics for how many people are playing CA and how many people have left or joined over a given period of time? I'd be very interested.

http://statistics.allfacebook.com/applications/single/castle-age/46755028429/MAU

VanDavian
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM
@Rutherford - Thanks! :D ...looking at it..oh my :( That is a decline. I wonder if there's a main reason for this. Lord Reaper was saying it's because of all this 'in your face' add ons', forcing people to add army members and so on...

Rutherford
01-22-2011, 11:40 AM
@Rutherford - Thanks! :D ...looking at it..oh my :( That is a decline. I wonder if there's a main reason for this. Lord Reaper was saying it's because of all this 'in your face' add ons', forcing people to add army members and so on...

What was it like during the same time period last year? Was there a big climb during Winter Break and then a dip when classes started again?

It's just a trend. Without a lot more information, all people have is a hypothesis for explaining it.

VanDavian
01-22-2011, 12:39 PM
What was it like during the same time period last year? Was there a big climb during Winter Break and then a dip when classes started again?

It's just a trend. Without a lot more information, all people have is a hypothesis for explaining it.

I didn't have access to the data back then so I'm not sure, but that kinda makes sense...except for that winter break doesn't exists here :D And I would have thought numbers would go up during school ha ha..I remember everyone just played games to avoid doing work.

I wish we could see stats for CA over 1 year.

Earl Newton
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
"approx"4ooooo less people since Christmas have stopped playing...wow..very interesting

Gethsemenerose
01-25-2011, 04:16 AM
this time last year the number was around 2.7 million... BUT it had dropped from 3.1 million... then it went up and down a bit mostly going down...

Draconus
01-26-2011, 10:51 PM

I'd be equally interested in knowing how many have officially left CA only to return under 1 or more different names. One of the very first Guild battles my own Guild was involved in was pretty clearly a case of multiple personality disorder lol. Out of a guild membership listed as 100, the Guild was comprised of about 60% all bearing the exact same name and picture. Each ranging in level from about 5 up to about 350. I don't worry about people using ALT's, if they have so very much time on their hands as to create that many different accounts and gain that many levels on each of them, I just feel sorry for them.

As for FB and it's rules, in order for any 1 person to gain levels on so many different names, that person is sitting there viewing FB pages and the various advertisements contained there. I can understand the idea and problem of cheating with the games, using so many accounts to send free gifts to 1 specific account. But those are free gifts after all and they hold no actual value in most cases so neither CA nor FB are going to be lacking any income as a result of most of it. I see it mostly as little different then boosting your army by spending FP's at the Oracle. You end up with a large army of zombies, all bearing the same name.

generichs
02-04-2011, 03:58 AM
I have 2 alts. I set them up for the following reasons:

1. I wanted to play the game more often.
2. I did not want to amass a large army whereby I could not gift everyone. Yeah I gift daily, but I get nothing from those with large armies. With a large army spread over 3 a/cs I can gift regularly.
3. I have back up in case I get into trouble with monster battles.

I did not set up the alts to cheat. There were no guilds when I set up my alts. I have fought guilds with plenty of alts. Their BPs are as good as anyone else's. The alts still have to duel me in game, and win. This is more honest than the cowards test duelling outside battle before attacking you. That is just playing with loaded dice, whereby you do not roll the dice unless you know the result.

sadist
02-04-2011, 04:59 AM
I don't worry about people using ALT's, if they have so very much time on their hands as to create that many different accounts and gain that many levels on each of them, I just feel sorry for them.

I feel the same way. That's why I'm indifferent to those who have multiple accounts. If they want it, so be it... RL > Virtual life

I can barely keep up with my one account because I got shiz to do.

Gethsemenerose
02-05-2011, 02:52 AM

2. I did not want to amass a large army whereby I could not gift everyone. Yeah I gift daily, but I get nothing from those with large armies. With a large army spread over 3 a/cs I can gift regularly.

I did not set up the alts to cheat. There were no guilds when I set up my alts. I have fought guilds with plenty of alts. Their BPs are as good as anyone else's. The alts still have to duel me in game, and win. This is more honest than the cowards test duelling outside battle before attacking you. That is just playing with loaded dice, whereby you do not roll the dice unless you know the result.

I must disagree... an ALT is MUCH more of a CHEAT in a GvG because you can let the alt sit there WATCHING and waiting then at the last minute use it to hit some SMALLER member or my guilde and wake up your entire gate... this gets done ALL the time by ALT guildes... I frequently get a tower down to the last few clerics stunned only to have xyz #4 (a level 100 alt) hit one of my lower level guys ONCE and give 14 health to his entire tower then xyz #1 #2 and #3 (the main level 1000 and his other two level 600 alt acounts) reheal himself and the rest of the tower back to over 1000 health within minutes using 10 saved tokens... all the work we have done is GONE just by one CHEATING alt account that is VERY frustrating not to mention that entire guilde is getting 4 times as much BAP (one for every alt) as a normal guild
if I have a guilde who has 25 active players every battle ... we can average around 100 coins per battle per player that is 2500 coins and 2500 battle rank points keeping us near the 30th rank in the leader board... if another guilde ALSO has 25 active players but EACH of them has 2 alts they get 3 times as many coins and therefore end up 10th or even 1st on the leaderboard... THAT is NOT fair... that is COWARDLY and playing with loaded DICE. A person who hits OUTSIDE the GvG is just doing NORMAL PvP... HOW do you even KNOW if that person didn't ALSO find you on his BATTLE pages? are you gonna tell us he is cheating if he sees you on his battle page during a GvG ... what if he didn't even JOIN the GvG because he was using his stamina to fight off his battle page ... is that gonna make you call the REST of his guilde COWARDS... you had BEST learn what you are talking about before you go spouting off such DRIVEL.

tjjl
02-05-2011, 04:22 AM

Using alts is different to hitting outside a gb.
Hitting outside a gb has only 1 benefit, you know whether or not you can potentially beat someone. Other than that, it does not do ANYTHING extra other than standard pvp.

Using an alt means that not only can you pvp feed, you can cheat on monsters, gift chain.
Alts also mean you have more stamina and energy than others on monsters.
In other words, alts are cheating, and also clear abuse of CA and FB ToU

Caidi
02-05-2011, 04:48 AM

I did not set up the alts to cheat.

But what you just said is cheating. All of the rest of us have to decide carefully where to put our skill points. I am strong in PVP because I put my skill points into attack and defense rather than in stamina. As a result, I do get in trouble with monster battles. That's the trade-off that the game intends. If I had two alts that I could just pop in to the monster fight to help me with it, where is the penalty for choosing to be strong in PVP?

Having alts is cheating on many fronts. That's why alts are against the rules.

RiverRock
02-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Having alts to help you fight a monster doesn't do anything for your main account. You only get loot for the damage you do, so the trade off is still there. Also, if you are with a good group of players, you never have to worry about a monster failing.

Gethsemenerose
02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
River Rock having alts to help you fight a monster DOES help your main account... if the Monster was gonna FAIL your main account would get NO loot from it... having the ALT help you win means you WILL get the loot from it... also it means you can put your main account into more monsters getting LOOT from each of them. (ever heard of farming and tagging for loot?)
And I agree ... if you are with a good group of players you never need to worry about a monster failing so you SHOULDN'T need to have some alts there to HELP you should you LOL...

Rutherford
02-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I sent in the report again today. It's been almost a month since the last time I reported this guild, so I don't think I'm spamming the Dev's with a repeated report.

Rutherford
03-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Reporting the other guild reminded me that another month has passed since I last reported Myths.

I sent another report today.

crash1
03-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Reporting the other guild reminded me that another month has passed since I last reported Myths.

I sent another report today.

are you a cop or were you the kid at school who told the teacher on your class mates.
all you do is report people. ITS A GAME. dose it hurt you that he has more than one account or do you wish you had the balls to do it:eek:

dragonlildragon
03-26-2011, 07:20 PM
yawn im not sure i care or not if ppl have alts

slpedlar
03-26-2011, 07:21 PM
yes its a game...but like any game it has regs and you SIGN up to say you will agree to them

So if you then knowingly break them, don't expect others to lie back and think of wherever

I don't like cheats, I don't like liars, I don't like oysters and I HATE the colour puce!

Death of Rats
03-26-2011, 09:25 PM
are you a cop or were you the kid at school who told the teacher on your class mates.
all you do is report people. ITS A GAME. dose it hurt you that he has more than one account or do you wish you had the balls to do it:eek:

In a guild battle it does. It creates an unfair advantage.

thomasj8
03-26-2011, 10:35 PM

Since CA allows alts in Myspace, and it is FB TOS that drives them to take action on FB alts, what is your view on how the FB and MS games differ? Are alts ruining the MS game? Just curious, as I do not play the MS version :)

Death of Rats
03-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Since CA allows alts in Myspace, and it is FB TOS that drives them to take action on FB alts, what is your view on how the FB and MS games differ? Are alts ruining the MS game? Just curious, as I do not play the MS version :)

Thankfully, we don't have guilds on MS, so alts aren't as big a threat to the game as they could be. There was a player who insisted on launching all the weapons to most the monsters (unless he didn't like the summoner) by using his army of alts and a script to log between them. This did diminish the game for a while, but he eventually backed off. I know several players who play 6-13 accounts each, but none who abuse defensive wins or otherwise "cheat" with them.

tjjl
03-27-2011, 06:37 AM
nice necro :p
and yes, alts are cheating, and we want to get rid of them.

Kessar
03-29-2011, 12:24 PM

Thankfully, we don't have guilds on MS, so alts aren't as big a threat to the game as they could be. There was a player who insisted on launching all the weapons to most the monsters (unless he didn't like the summoner) by using his army of alts and a script to log between them. This did diminish the game for a while, but he eventually backed off. I know several players who play 6-13 accounts each, but none who abuse defensive wins or otherwise "cheat" with them.

Alts are a threat even without guilds. Guilds just make their presence obvious. It seems to be that folks have double standards when it comes to alts. A player who uses alts to heal his/her monsters so that he/she could devote their energy solely to questing and the SP it generates thereby gains an advantage against those who fight monsters without the help of alts. Similarly, if the player with 6-13 accounts uses all of them on the same monsters, that helps ensure their monsters succeed at a higher rate than those who play without alts. So alts in these contexts help players gain an advantage over those who don't use alts by helping create stronger builds in the first case and by helping obtain more monster loot in the second case.

Only case where an alt is innocuous is when its played purely independently from the main account with no interaction between the two, but how many folks with alts actually do that? And how many of the folks who are among the first to lead the charge in these forums against those who gain an advantage in guild battles by using alts, have alts of their own that they use to help themselves gain a less obvious, but equally real, advantage over those who play without using alts?

Just because some folks on here find gaining an unfair advantage over others by using alts in non-obvious ways acceptable, doesn't mean it shouldn't be as looked down upon as the usage of alts in guild wars or in gaining defensive wins. Either way it helps those who use alts gain an advantage over those that don't.

thomasj8
03-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Thankfully, we don't have guilds on MS, so alts aren't as big a threat to the game as they could be.

Thanks for responding. I was unaware that MS lacks guilds.

Rutherford
03-29-2011, 01:29 PM

Well, since they're still around, you can expect another post to this thread sometime in April.

I'm not going to hound the devs daily or post whiny ******** for weeks to keep the thread bumped. I'm not going to go all Luxor or Phil Southey on their ***, frankly I don't have the drive for it.

And, far from doing nothing but reporting folks, I'm doing tons of enjoyable stuff in the game. I'm not even with the guild I was with when this thread started. You're welcome to swing by my keep anytime and see how I'm doing. Friends and frenemies always welcomed.

Otherwise, **** off.

thomasj8
03-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Well, since they're still around, you can expect another post to this thread sometime in April.

I'm not going to hound the devs daily or post whiny ******** for weeks to keep the thread bumped. I'm not going to go all Luxor or Phil Southey on their ***, frankly I don't have the drive for it.

And, far from doing nothing but reporting folks, I'm doing tons of enjoyable stuff in the game. I'm not even with the guild I was with when this thread started. You're welcome to swing by my keep anytime and see how I'm doing. Friends and frenemies always welcomed.

Otherwise, **** off.

So, what you are trying to say is **** *** *** *******r**** *t**y***? :eek:

Rutherford
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
So, what you are trying to say is **** *** *** *******r**** *t**y***? :eek:

I actually had to add a few stars. The filter leaves ass uncovered and only cuts half the bull****.

thomasj8
03-29-2011, 02:05 PM
I actually had to add a few stars. The filter leaves ass uncovered and only cuts half the bull****.

A partially functioning filter. Typical CA technology :rolleyes: :p