PDA

View Full Version : Is energy useful to a high level player?

BillOsler
10-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm not a high level player, so this is for long range planning. Since energy is used for questing, and the most energy for any given quest is something like 90-100, it seems like there is little point to adding energy above about 100. My thinking is that there are a finite number of quests and the player will eventually run out of quests. Once the quests are all finished is there any requirement for energy?

I know that the quests have multiple levels that are unlocked after the 'boss fight' at the end of each realm, and I've finished the 1st realm to level 4. I'm working on level 2 in the second realm as well as level 1 in Demon realm.

But what happens after level 4 in Demon Realm?

Caitir Eavan
10-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Demon realm is the last (for now, but they might yet add something at some point). 100 is the maximum you need for any quest (again, that might change one day). Theoretically there's no need for more energy. I stopped at 100. Only getting more now because I take blessings (some of my original 100 were through blessings as well). If you're more into battles of any kind, then energy isn't that interesting. You can only use it to level quicker.

KFC
10-20-2009, 07:37 PM
At 100 stamina, it takes 8.33 hours for you to fully recharge. It shouldn't be too much to log in at least every 8.3 hours. Having more energy just allows you to go longer between log ins to spend, you can't spend it any faster than it recharges. ...except when you level up or use favor points.

Quentin
10-20-2009, 07:58 PM
The best part of being quester, is that everytime they gain level up, they energy is their mighty boost in faster leveling up. Some of the players already discover certain quest, benefits more exp than normal, and they spam that quest to faster gaining levels.

Which quest you might ask? well, I'll have to let you discover that answer for yourself :cool:

Volkaxx
10-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I am of a different school of thought.

A decent Energy pool is nice for two reasons:

1) When attacking dragons/keira you can unload your stamina and then unload your energy for more money (property anyone?) and a potential level. With this level, you effectively get a reset. It is very possible for you to level every eight hours. This is especially true if you possess a high stamina and high energy rating (like 180+ Energy, and 125 stam) and you focus your energy into the greatest return/least cost quest.

2) Higher Energy will allow you to progress faster when new content becomes available. If you are into PvP and want an edge on property and items, then having a bigger Energy pool will help you to max out faster so you can focus on farming what you need.

There is one more benefit as well. With higher levels you will want to place your points in attack and defense once you have reached your personal energy cap. There is no need to really place a lot of points into stamina as you don't want to lose a great deal of battle points when attacked (again if you are PvP oriented). You must remember that once you drop below a certain health you cannot be attacked. Therefore it keeps your money safer and keeps your battle point loss to a minimum when non-active. Having a higher attack and defense will further insulate your character from all but the most advanced players.

However, it does depend on your style of play. If you are a quester, then yes more energy is natural. If you are a slayer (dragons/keira) then you will want to invest more points in Stamina. If you are an equal opportunity gank artist (like moi), you will want to build your energy to a healthy level and focus everything else into stamina, then defense, then attack.

I like cheese...