PDA

View Full Version : Hitting 501

castleagetheo
10-18-2009, 11:14 PM
So i guess i hit 400ish in 2 days with some hard work but now what? Almost to 501 prob by tonight. Once u hit 501 i heard it doesn't allow you to add any more to your army.

Is there any point of finding more castle age people and adding them as friends?

-thx

Lena Gkika
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM
So i guess i hit 400ish in 2 days with some hard work but now what? Almost to 501 prob by tonight. Once u hit 501 i heard it doesn't allow you to add any more to your army.

Is there any point of finding more castle age people and adding them as friends?

-thx

you can add as many people as you want, but you ll bring only 501 in battle. The extra people can be helpful by sending gifts, helping with dragons etc. Some time before, we also had the "help in battle" feature that is now disabled and works only on dragons, but back then was a big income helper.
Remember you can delete the people and still keep them in army, but if you do delete them, you can't send them gifts and they can't send back to you. You can fight their dragons though

BillOsler
10-18-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm still fairly new at this and more experienced people may view it a bit differently. The 501 army limit applies solely to combat inside the game. There may still be benefits to having a larger army even though you cannot use your full army for an invasion.

Some parts of game play benefit from having a large, diverse network. For example, I'm a member of a dragon slaying group. We have members 'young' enough to summon each of the various dragon types. That is important because a dragon summoned by a low level player is one of the few ways to get a piece required for summoning the helm of dragon power. OTOH a low level player could not take on even the easiest dragons without help.

Other parts of the game benefit from having a group of high level allies. Fighting Keira is one of the last challenges from the quests (or so I've read) but those battles are limited in time (72 hours) and number of allies (10 I think) so you want to coordinate with 9 powerful allies when you summon Keira.

There may be other reasons to have a large network of allies even beyond the 501 army limit.

One disadvantage to a large army is that the gift process for eggs, scrolls and artifacts is hard to manage equitably with a large army because the program itself provides no assistance.

In the end, though, you have to decide for yourself. My impression is that you can do all the questing you want as long as your army is at least 36, and dueling does not require allies. Of course you can't defend yourself from invasion in you don't have a large army.

Sophia Dragonhunter
10-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Also, the more friends you have, the less enemies there are on the battlefield to smack you ^^.

HouseNdaHouse
10-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Also, the more friends you have, the less enemies there are on the battlefield to smack you ^^.

Just don't be too popular cuz if everyone is your friend who you gonna battle? LOL

Sophia Dragonhunter
10-19-2009, 05:45 AM
That's my goal, ultimately. I don't want to battle anyone anyways.