PDA

View Full Version : iPhone FP Offer

thomasj8
12-01-2010, 10:17 AM
I downloaded the iPhone App and clicked on the FP offer, which said it was successful. This was approx 12 hours ago. A smart person would have double checked their FP balance before doing this, but apparently I am not smart :o That said, I am pretty sure I did not receive the FP offer. This is not a high priority tech issue, especially since I was $%!t for brains in not checking my balance (Ok, I was also doing the happy dance about the iPhone app, and was distracted). Is there any way to confirm whether I received the FP? Thank you :)

Adam B
12-01-2010, 10:20 AM
once the app is on your iphone, just touch the FP graphic and it should immediately award them to you and you'll get confirmation on the screen as well.

Dan Solo
12-01-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm amazed I hate to say with an iPhone Castle Age? There are all kinds of bugs with Castle Age on-line and they're going to iPhone?!? Gift issues etc with a new general! Biting off more then they can chew comes to mind!
If I were running this I'd make sure I engine page was rock solid before branching etc on an app that some people pay for.

thomasj8
12-01-2010, 10:27 AM
once the app is on your iphone, just touch the FP graphic and it should immediately award them to you and you'll get confirmation on the screen as well.

All of that occurred - but when I check my FP balance, I think it should be higher :o

RIddler
12-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Confirm, my FP increase 15 after clicking the circle picture with "Free 15 favor points" in iPhone.

crafterjohn
12-01-2010, 01:00 PM
This offer is in violation of the TOS
It requires the purchase of a product
An example from the TOS
2.6 The promotion is a sweepstakes that conditions entry upon the purchase of a product, completion of a lengthy task, or other form of consideration.

If they charged for the app then it would be fine
Since the app is free they are limiting the gift to only those people with a specific product

Since many don't own an iPhone, they need to just give us the 15 points or be in violation

barrie
12-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Since this was launched, i've had a technical problem with CA.

There appears to be a huge band of advertising at the top of my CA page for a product i cannot apply for or use.
Has CA sold out to apple!!

Lyden
12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Is there going to be a similar offer for other smart phones? or is there a work around, a way i can get the app for my Droid?

miss danger
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
This offer is in violation of the TOS
It requires the purchase of a product
An example from the TOS
2.6 The promotion is a sweepstakes that conditions entry upon the purchase of a product, completion of a lengthy task, or other form of consideration.

If they charged for the app then it would be fine
Since the app is free they are limiting the gift to only those people with a specific product

Since many don't own an iPhone, they need to just give us the 15 points or be in violation

Don't be ridiculous!
I find it incredibly inaccurate that you state "many don't own an iphone", Please visit this site (http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/20/apple-by-the-numbers-iphone-sales-more-than-double-mac-holds-up/) and read up on just how many millions Apple has sold in the past year between the Iphone and Ipod alone. If your too lazy to do so I'll make it easy for you --

8.75 million iPhones (up 131% over last year), and 10.89 million iPods/ITouch and this is sales from 2009-2010

I can only imagine how many of the Ipads sold adding to the abundance of people capable of downloading a free app.

You do not deserve 15 free fp if you can not download the app as part of the promotion.

I happen to have an Iphone, when they release an app for the Android should all us iphone people whine about not getting it too? lol

Castle Age reserves the right to manage, regulate, modify, control, and/or remove any Virtual Currency or Virtual Good in its sole discretion. Castle Age will not be liable to you or anyone for the exercise of such rights. TOS Link (http://web.castleagegame.com/castle/ca_tos.html)

crafterjohn
12-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Don't be ridiculous!
I find it incredibly inaccurate that you state "many don't own an iphone", Please visit this site (http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/20/apple-by-the-numbers-iphone-sales-more-than-double-mac-holds-up/) and read up on just how many millions Apple has sold in the past year between the Iphone and Ipod alone. If your too lazy to do so I'll make it easy for you --

8.75 million iPhones (up 131% over last year), and 10.89 million iPods/ITouch and this is sales from 2009-2010

I can only imagine how many of the Ipads sold adding to the abundance of people capable of downloading a free app.

You do not deserve 15 free fp if you can not download the app as part of the promotion.

I happen to have an Iphone, when they release an app for the Android should all us iphone people whine about not getting it too? lol

Castle Age reserves the right to manage, regulate, modify, control, and/or remove any Virtual Currency or Virtual Good in its sole discretion. Castle Age will not be liable to you or anyone for the exercise of such rights. TOS Link (http://web.castleagegame.com/castle/ca_tos.html)

From the same website, it states the following (http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/01/statcounter-blackberry-trumps-ios-in-mobile-web-wars-for-the-first-time/)
Web analytics company StatCounter has a knack for pushing attention-grabbing press releases based on data collected by its research arm, StatCounter Global Stats. This time, the company claims BlackBerry has overtaken Apple’s iOS in terms of mobile Internet usage for the first time in the United States in November (see chart below).

So it appears that CA is actually giving away FP to the minority of possible users.

I am glad you pointed it out that, in your opinion, I am too lazy to buy an iPhone to get 15 FP. That I don't deserve to get them. I am so glad to know how I am valued as a customer and as a person.

Thank you for clarifying my and potentially the majority of your customer base don't matter to you. WE APPRECIATE the blunt and direct way that you have clarified CA opinion of it's consumers.

miss danger
12-02-2010, 03:01 AM
From the same website, it states the following (http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/01/statcounter-blackberry-trumps-ios-in-mobile-web-wars-for-the-first-time/)
Web analytics company StatCounter has a knack for pushing attention-grabbing press releases based on data collected by its research arm, StatCounter Global Stats. This time, the company claims BlackBerry has overtaken Apple’s iOS in terms of mobile Internet usage for the first time in the United States in November (see chart below).

So it appears that CA is actually giving away FP to the minority of possible users.

I am glad you pointed it out that, in your opinion, I am too lazy to buy an iPhone to get 15 FP. That I don't deserve to get them. I am so glad to know how I am valued as a customer and as a person.

Thank you for clarifying my and potentially the majority of your customer base don't matter to you. WE APPRECIATE the blunt and direct way that you have clarified CA opinion of it's consumers.

Lol My Customer Base? I believe your surely mistaken. I am a normal person who plays this game just as you do.
I guess some of us complain and whine and some of us don't.

Please reread my previous post, not once did I say you were too lazy to purchase an Iphone I stated you or others may be too lazy to read the link provided.

Regardless of what you think you should also get for free, there is an app for Iphone that I'm sure is a test product for a future app for Android and probably any other compatible smart phones who will probably also have the same 15fp incentive for testing their product. I bet you won't be complaining when they release a version suitable for your phone. Hmm.

DeBarbarac
12-02-2010, 03:54 AM
I feel that this is unfair to those of us that do not have the iPhone. I have the Droid and I am very happy with my droid and if I could I would most certainly download the app especially since I got a smart phone primarily for playing castle age! So why I can't get the app and why I can't get my favor points!?

dfillmon
12-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Well at least my non iPhone smart phone doesn't drop calls when I hold it up to my head. I suppose I'll hold out for the Android version of the app and just settle for my superior quality phone for now. Darn.

James Bloom-Scheff
12-12-2010, 12:15 AM

but what if there is no FP graphic?

Mateo420
12-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Don't be ridiculous!

While I have no issue with those who have smartphones from getting a benefit others of us do (NO I DO NOT HAVE SUCH PHONE), I do think it is important to get facts straight.

You "find it inaccurate" and ridiculous that the poster claims many don't have the phone. Then you cite some facts. BUT, you fail to cite ALL the stats.

In the United States there are an approximate 308,505,000 million people. 285,610,580 of those people have a cell phone. So, now if one would subtract your numbers 8,500,000+10,890,000=19,390,000. So, lets round and say 20,000,000 people have iPhone/iPad and 309,000,000 people in America. That comes out to 6.4% of Americans have an iPhone/iPad. 286,000,000 Americans with a cell phone equals 6.9% of cell users in America
have iPhone/iPad.

Just to be perfectly clear, 100% is everybody in America. 100-7=93. So, 93% of American cell phone users DO NOT have the iPhone/iPad.

So, care to re-evaluate your claim that the OP was so inaccurate?

Death of Rats
12-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Since this thread regards the iPhone app, I have moved it to the Mobile Headquarters Tech Support area. (Notice it says Mobile Headquarters and not iPhone. I wonder what that implies for the future.)

James Bloom-Scheff
12-12-2010, 11:18 PM
still unable to get my 15 fps. As I have said in this forum, and reported to the devs, I see no obvious place to click on the Iphone to get the fps.

It is strange that people in this forum are reporting 4 different ways to collect, at least three must be wrong. I see no graphic. I see no offer. I've clicked everywhere possible, including the gold coin in the upper left. Nothing works. I emailed the devs but no response. Not that I expected one... it is the weekend, but since they've never responded before, I don't expect that they will now. They have a bug, but then what else is new. I'm sure they don't care, but then what else is new.

James Bloom-Scheff
12-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Day 3. No FPs. No response from Devs.

Mateo420
12-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Day 3. No FPs. No response from Devs.

If I was familiar at all with the iPhone I would attempt to help. Unfortunately, I am not. On the contacting the developers issue, don;t get your hopes up. I sent emails to their gmail, etc. with nothing back in over a week, if not longer. Guess they don't wanna hear about glitches in their game to try and close them before they become widespread knowledge.

VersionsOfViolence
12-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Are we pretending the direct link hasn't been leaked?

Kori.Maggotte
12-17-2010, 10:17 PM
but what if there is no FP graphic?

That means by the time you installed the iPhone application. The promotion was over.

Princess Charla
01-17-2011, 08:53 PM
I was just wondering about the guild abilities on the I Phone. They said they re adding them but to date I have not seen an app upgrade for those of us that got the app early? does anyone know about this?

kodak
04-09-2015, 11:57 PM
What benefit CA now have on iOS? exept daly spin ?

Revolver Blast
04-10-2015, 04:08 AM
What benefit CA now have on iOS? exept daly spin ?

Timeouts and flashy animations.