PDA

View Full Version : Citatus Caedere vs Cheaters... I mean PIPCI

11-01-2010, 11:02 PM
I'll really enjoy this: http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/guild_battle.php?attacker_guild_id=100000287771781 _1282860549&defender_guild_id=550918970_1282907048&battle_type=2000&ref=mf :D

Defyeler
11-01-2010, 11:42 PM
LOL what happend to my post?

11-01-2010, 11:47 PM
LOL what happend to my post?

shadow cat strikes again? :p

thomasj8
11-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I guess I am a cheater - I did not realize PIPCI was on the famed 'cheater' list, and only recently confirmed that PIPCI used to direct link battles. Luckily, I never understood the passion of the cheater debate, as this is a GAME :rolleyes:

11-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I guess I am a cheater - I did not realize PIPCI was on the famed 'cheater' list, and only recently confirmed that PIPCI used to direct link battles. Luckily, I never understood the passion of the cheater debate, as this is a GAME :rolleyes:

Well you're not a cheater if you didn't know... but I like beating this guild, first time we fought them I didn't like how they bragged about being no2 guild when anyone on the top 100 can beat them... and second they threatened me with their hitlist when I was going for King (I was chaining all the admins of the top 15 guilds as they were all cheaters and good targets for BP), I laughed my ass off when I saw that threat as only a few of them can brake me but on the other hand I can chain almost their whole guild into the ground :D

Anyway... I don't like cheaters as they ruin the game for everyone else... and I don't like hitlists :p

thomasj8
11-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Well you're not a cheater if you didn't know... but I like beating this guild, first time we fought them I didn't like how they bragged about being no2 guild when anyone on the top 100 can beat them... and second they threatened me with their hitlist when I was going for King (I was chaining all the admins of the top 15 guilds as they were all cheaters and good targets for BP), I laughed my ass off when I saw that threat as only a few of them can brake me but on the other hand I can chain almost their whole guild into the ground

Anyway... I don't like cheaters as they ruin the game for everyone else... and I don't like hitlists

To be honest, I started to suspect as I saw all of the complaints from other people on the lack of battles, but my experience in a prior small guild had no problem starting fights. Of course, it was less than 30 people, and usually less than 8 people would fight, so I was not looking for the best opponents.

That said, I have seen people say that scouting opponents during guild battles is cheating, and I figure we all have opinions. I have no idea how to direct link, nor is it worth my time, but if the game is built to allow something, I think we should expect people to do it. It may not fit with my 'world view', but then again, I have yet to receive my 'king of the world' badge ;)

Sorry to hear they threatened you with a hitlist :mad: For the most part, they are not PvP. My friend in the group is Hakuna, she is an officer in the guild and is 100% responsive in PvM. If you have any issues with them, I can try to act as an intermediary. :)

p.s. - Stupid me - I joined them, and after a number of battles, the opponent mentioned that PIPCI was #2 in the chat log. That was news to me, and I thanked them for the news :eek: I just did not expect it

11-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Sorry to hear they threatened you with a hitlist :mad: For the most part, they are not PvP. My friend in the group is Hakuna, she is an officer in the guild and is 100% responsive in PvM. If you have any issues with them, I can try to act as an intermediary.

Oh it's no problem, they threatened me, I laughed, some of them hit me and bounced, after that I never saw them again :p ... But thanks for the offer, I appreciate it ;)

That said, I have seen people say that scouting opponents during guild battles is cheating, and I figure we all have opinions. I have no idea how to direct link, nor is it worth my time, but if the game is built to allow something, I think we should expect people to do it. It may not fit with my 'world view', but then again, I have yet to receive my 'king of the world' badge

Well the main problem why me and other fair playing guilds don't like cheating is because it give a very large advantage to the cheating guild over the others, not just in leaderboard ranking but also in getting the general and resistances a lot faster than fair players. Using direct links here is like taking steroids in sports, you can do it but it's unfair to the other contestants and the ranking you get by taking them doesn't represent your actual abilities ;)

Anyway, there's a whole topic started by the devs about cheating and cheaters: http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=42058

Shadow Elf
11-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Go CC :D :D

11-02-2010, 02:54 AM
...and here we go, the dear cheaters just started calling us jealous of their BIIIIIIG score :rolleyes:

11-02-2010, 02:58 AM
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5671/pipci.jpg

Just to show how strong these guys really are... enjoy your points and high rank... cheaters :rolleyes:

kiknchikn
11-02-2010, 05:24 AM
lmao.. we probably could have easily beaten them 99 - 0 if we weren't milking them.

hane
11-02-2010, 05:52 AM
never had any real respect for Pipci.

good job showing 'em who's boss.

thomasj8
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
...and here we go, the dear cheaters just started calling us jealous of their BIIIIIIG score :rolleyes:

:eek: Maybe someone was drinking a bit much, given that CC is #8 and PIPCI is #92 so far in November ;)

thomasj8
11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Well the main problem why me and other fair playing guilds don't like cheating is because it give a very large advantage to the cheating guild over the others, not just in leaderboard ranking but also in getting the general and resistances a lot faster than fair players. Using direct links here is like taking steroids in sports, you can do it but it's unfair to the other contestants and the ranking you get by taking them doesn't represent your actual abilities ;)

I get the issue, but it seems like many of the same people complaining about this are happy to bookmark another player to attack outside of the battle screen or the War News section. Doesn't the same moral argument apply to bookmarking other players? Someone can achieve Battle ranks much quicker if they use bookmarks. Just my .02 :)

11-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I get the issue, but it seems like many of the same people complaining about this are happy to bookmark another player to attack outside of the battle screen or the War News section. Doesn't the same moral argument apply to bookmarking other players? Someone can achieve Battle ranks much quicker if they use bookmarks. Just my .02 :)

The only people I ever bookmarked are monster taggers or people that bookmarked me while I was weaker than them and I'm against bookmarking for BP although to bookmark someone you don't need any link manipulation, everyone's keep link is there to see and it contains the duel and invade buttons while, on the other hand, direct war links are link manipulation, there's no "attack" button on someone's guild page. :)

Madamme Sa
11-02-2010, 01:51 PM
It's nice to have excuses for your own behavior, isn't it? PIPCI aren't PvP players, we're maybe a bit more organized than some other guilds and we're always pretty active in wars becouse it's fun :) It's not fun when we insult each other :D

11-02-2010, 02:05 PM
It's nice to have excuses for your own behavior, isn't it? PIPCI aren't PvP players, we're maybe a bit more organized than some other guilds and we're always pretty active in wars becouse it's fun :) It's not fun when we insult each other :D

True, PIPCI are not PvP builds... which is exactly why they need to use link manipulation to get a good score, without it they wouldn't even be in the top 100 let alone top 10. I would have no problem with them if they weren't cheaters... and if they didn't call my guild jealous of their high rank on the leaderboard + cowards for not picking fights with active guilds... yes, they actually called us cowards for playing fair :rolleyes: ...

Also, I would have no problem with them if they haden't have frightened me with their hitlist...although that last part was actually very funny, being put on monster hunter guilds hitlist isn't exactly the best way to stop a PvP or hybrid to stop chaining you, it's actually a invitation to get chained even more ;)

Madamme Sa
11-02-2010, 03:03 PM
It could be a joke or individual speaking, I wasn't there during the whole fight (and I don't really remember what has been said since it was a month or 2 earlier). Well, I thought we were playing and having fun during our first batlle, didn't really think that someone was really offended and that it means that much to people...

Punkle
11-02-2010, 06:19 PM
CC won right?

kiknchikn
11-02-2010, 06:39 PM
CC won right?

Yep, 88 - 0.

khanvalescent
11-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm going to enjoy chaining PIPCI members.

thomasj8
11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
CC won right?

Slaughter is probably too harsh a word, but it was not remotely close :o. CC was kind enough to milk it for points, which is the same thing PIPCI and many other guilds will do. It helped me get almost 100 coins, and a lot of wins against CC members :D Unfortunately, since CC is mostly PvP, it was harder to find someone to get the 240 points per win. I did find someone, and rode that pony all night ;)

Sorry to hear that the conversation degraded after I went to bed.

kiknchikn
11-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm going to enjoy chaining PIPCI members.

Don't chain the whole guild, most of them are pleasant enough people and had nothing to do with their past indiscretions. If you really must chain someone in it, the officers/master are probably the deserving ones? :p

Slaughter is probably too harsh a word, but it was not remotely close . CC was kind enough to milk it for points, which is the same thing PIPCI and many other guilds will do. It helped me get almost 100 coins, and a lot of wins against CC members. Unfortunately, since CC is mostly PvP, it was harder to find someone to get the 240 points per win. I did find someone, and rode that pony all night

Sorry to hear that the conversation degraded after I went to bed.

Last time we fought them we didn't milk and just destroyed them instead, but we decided to play nicer this time :p

thomasj8
11-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Last time we fought them we didn't milk and just destroyed them instead, but we decided to play nicer this time :p

Cue the music - "Its a small world after all", "Kumbaya"... time for a *group hug* :rolleyes:

Seriously, thanks for a mostly fun evening, and now no one can 'cheat' at guild wars, so true results will show in the month end rankings :)

kiknchikn
11-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Cue the music - "Its a small world after all", "Kumbaya"... time for a *group hug* :rolleyes:

Seriously, thanks for a mostly fun evening, and now no one can 'cheat' at guild wars, so true results will show in the month end rankings :)

Yep, the cheating is over with now (hopefully, at least). I have no strong ill feelings towards PIPCI, but I don't blame people that do, especially fellow officers.

You'd have to be an officer to understand just how frustrating all the cheating was when your guild was trying to play fairly. There was constant *****ing and moaning from people in the guild wanting battles and officers were spending hours upon hours trying to get a damn battle started with no luck. Most frustrating of all, people were even leaving guilds that were playing fairly to go to cheating guilds, because the developers did nothing to stop it or punish anyone cheating and they wanted coins. The whole thing was just frustrating as hell :rolleyes:

RiverRock
11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm so glad you Beat 'em down. Justice is being served. Now just a few more of the big cheaters to humiliate, like in PvPvM vs Devils :D Can't wait for that.

Defyeler
11-02-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm so glad you Beat 'em down. Justice is being served. Now just a few more of the big cheaters to humiliate, like in PvPvM vs Devils :D Can't wait for that.

You better beat the Devils if they come up. We did. :)

Drunkzombie
11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
The only Devils that may be problematic are those 1100+ lvls, i can reach as far as 900 lvl players within that guild, im lvl 241, average pvp build.

Last I checked Devils was guild number 50ish and PIPCI 123 on the leaderboard, they obviously didnt cheat to get to the top last month(SARCASM).

thomasj8
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM

Out of curiosity, is there a master "cheater" list? Everyone was not naming names in all of the forum posts I read last month, and I think GoW is the only one I saw named in the Forums. It will be interesting to see how all of those guilds finish at the end of this month.

11-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Out of curiosity, is there a master "cheater" list? Everyone was not naming names in all of the forum posts I read last month, and I think GoW is the only one I saw named in the Forums. It will be interesting to see how all of those guilds finish at the end of this month.

sure there is, take a look at last month's battle leaderboard, top cheaters take up the top 5 ranks :rolleyes:

Punkle
11-02-2010, 09:49 PM
sure there is, take a look at last month's battle leaderboard, top cheaters take up the top 5 ranks :rolleyes:

5? At least Top20!:mad: Just look at the guilds from 20'ish upward..
And of that list, there were loads more guilds who cheated directly by using the "workaround" and equally many who participated in fixed battles.
Heck, they even had events and groups set up for that.

And also don't forget the guilds who "were against all cheating" but were more then happy to be "invited" to fights or just accepting the "challenge"...

Congrats on the victory CC.:). And to you PIPCI's. Atleast some of you looks like decent people who can take a pounding with a smile :D

11-02-2010, 09:57 PM
5? At least Top20!:mad: Just look at the guilds from 20'ish upward..
And of that list, there were loads more guilds who cheated directly by using the "workaround" and equally many who participated in fixed battles.
Heck, they even had events and groups set up for that.

And also don't forget the guilds who "were against all cheating" but were more then happy to be "invited" to fights or just accepting the "challenge"...

Congrats on the victory CC.:). And to you PIPCI's. Atleast some of you looks like decent people who can take a pounding with a smile :D

He asked for the "top" cheater and that's the top 5 guilds but not all the top 20 are cheaters, when auto match was introduced most of the strong fair guilds rocketed up and I know for a fact Legends and PvPvM didn't cheat, they're no12 and no15... Citatus Caedere is no25 and we're very proud of that rank, to me it's like being no3 :)