PDA

View Full Version : How are duels solved in guild battles ?

Dredd67
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Just wondering why sometimes, in a series of duels against the same opponent (which means both me and him keeping the same general/equipment and stats) i suddenly loose a duel then continue with the wins.

Is there any random factor involved in solving the duels ? I can only presume it, but even when trying to finish a battle quickly, read killing much lower levels players than me, I have a single defeat that obviously shouldn't occur (heck I'm level 220 hybrid PvP-PvM, how could I loose against a level 50-60 equipped with Aeris ?).

It's pretty annoying, specially when you're level 3 cleric and trying to keep your healing bonus with your 1 hp left and regenerating.

Mursilis
10-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Fighting in GW is the same as dueling in PvP, there is a luck factor involved if you and your opponent are close in strength. Sometimes you win, and sometimes your opponent wins in such a situation.

Dredd67
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the update ;)

I was pretty sure I was unlucky these days anyway ^^ Bad karma ?

It's just i never lost any "conventional" duels in between a series so this was new to me.

niamh O'Toole
10-25-2010, 01:23 PM
This is why multiple taps scouting is done by some of us to make sure no luck factor is involved, and only the totally clueless snivel about it ;)

The luck factor makes it much more interesting tbh.

AirPrang
10-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Well yes. :D

Also watch that your opponent isn't getting too many +att/def points after some of the defeats. I had someone gain more than 20 pts while I was beating him down and lost the final hit.