PDA

View Full Version : Dumping some items

Dragonomine
10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm currently on level 37 and in Land of Earth (Mist is open to me but I refust to move on til all my quests are done lol). When I battle I've noticed that my opponents have a shorter list of items. Meanwhile I own every single item that has become available. This is a long a$$ list compared to theirs. So I was just wondering if I should sell the smaller items/generals and just purchase the more expensive ones? I know in quests you need specific generals. What do you all do? Sell the smaller things to get more of the better things or just keep everything and add to it? What should I just sell at this point that I don't need? What do you all think?

fanatic
10-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Do they have just a smaller list or do they have more of a single item. It is all based on army size.

Caitir Eavan
10-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I would keep them all. You never know when something might change in the game to make them useful again. Plus, how much are you going to get, money wise, from selling them? Not very much. Best just invest in more land to get more income.
Also, generals are all used in invasions if your army is big enough. I would not sell any of them.

Lady Snorkle
10-13-2009, 01:05 AM
I have friends who have sold lower level Generals too, but I find they come in handy when I need just a few more experience points to hit a new level. Plus, I am a pack-rat. :p

King Hrothbeort
10-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Keep everything. You only get half value when you sell stuff. Definitely not worth it.

Falco
10-13-2009, 02:08 AM
When I battle I've noticed that my opponents have a shorter list of items.Often, this is not because they have fewer items but because they have a lot of one high-level item that hides everything else from battle.

For example, let's say I have 10 army members and 10 angels. I might also have a hundred tree ents, a thousand wizards, a million rangers, etc., but none of them will show up when someone invades me because the 10 army members will limit the number of units on my battle field to a maximum of 10, and the 10 angels are going to trump all of the other lower-level units. I might also have a full collection of generals, but only 2 will show up in battle because I only have 10 army members. So, I could have a whole ton of stuff in my inventory, but all an attacker will see during battle in this scenario is 2 generals and 10 angels. Everything else will be hidden from the attacker because they can't be used in battle.

So, just because they have a short list of items doesn't mean that they don't have a ton of other stuff too.

I suppose it's possible there might occasionally be reasons to sell a bunch of useless lower-level items to upgrade to a higher-level one. For example, maybe someone bought 100 dragons to do the last quest, but when the quest requirements changed, it might've made sense to sell back a bunch of dragons to finish their collection of 501 phoenixes faster. However, it would be very unusual circumstances for it to make sense to sell back a general.

DAGON
10-13-2009, 02:12 AM
I would keep them all. You never know when something might change in the game to make them useful again. Plus, how much are you going to get, money wise, from selling them? Not very much. Best just invest in more land to get more income.
Also, generals are all used in invasions if your army is big enough. I would not sell any of them.

I agree totally, anything could change at the drop of a hat, don't sell anything, unless absolutely necessary.

Falco
10-13-2009, 02:28 AM
I agree totally, anything could change at the drop of a hat, don't sell anything, unless absolutely necessary.Time is an important factor in Castle Age. Let's say I already have 501 phoenixes, but I was also keeping 100 dragons to do the last quest before the Keira release. However, now I only need 35 dragons. Selling back 65 dragons is worth $97,500,000. Starting from zero, that'll buy 2 10-packs of Castles, resulting in $1.3M income. 20 castles will generate enough income to buy back 65 dragons ($195,000,000) in 150 hours. So, if the developers take more than a week to come out with something that makes use of those 65 dragons, I'll have the 20 castles AND enough money to buy 65 dragons when they make the change, but you would only have your 65 dragons which sat there uselessly all week. (If the devs take significantly longer than a week to make use of those 65 dragons, then all the added income is just gravy. If I take the income and buy more land, it would compound the effect, and I would be even farther ahead.)