PDA

View Full Version : Fair advantage of updates to everyone!

Rhiannon Agrona
10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Okay, today I was just leveling up, I had some 20 xp until leveling, 0 stamina and I had 14 energypoints and was waiting for the 15th, so that I would've leveled up, when the update downtime hit me. After downtime, I had full energy and stamina, but that was totally useless, coz I was just about to level up anyway and all those energy- and stamina refills were totally for nothing! After all, since I'm on level 149 that kind of an refill would've been a good bonus, if I had just emptied out my stams and energies after levelling, STILL that refill would NOT have helped me to level up again.

But now, I'm so disappointed, coz this gives some random players unfair advantage and some players, like me at this point, got totally NOTHING =( IF You want to give us free refills after updates, why don't You let us choose the time and place to use it? Or don't fix those energy- and staminalevels at all. See, I'm not worried only about lower players getting it easier to level up, BUT there's also the advantage some ppl get over Dragon and Keira fights above other players, that have worked hard on the stam, that develops over time.

My suggestion: Free, special energy+staminafill -potion for those times You make updates, so that after the downtime we have like 24 hours time to use that special potion to refill both energy and stamina at once. After that, if the potion is unused, the player wasn't gonna suffer of the downtime anyway and the potions just don't work after that time. That could probably be fixed with a link on players Home, where they can retrieve their bonus and the link disappears after 24 hours. OR: no refills to anyone, so that we are on the same line, no unfair advantages to anyone.

Thanks for the answer in advance!

Caitir Eavan
10-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Hehe :) while I disagreed with all other suggestions for potions in the past, I think one-off potions like that over a limited amount of time after a server down would be great! Fully support that!

Mursilis
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
The free refill was most likely a byproduct of the developers fixing some glitches with the update itself. This has happened in the past so don't expect it every update. It was just bad timing for you, but they were only fixing bugs so I doubt they'll be handing out free refill bottles anytime soon.

darklao
10-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Hm... I wondered what was going on.

Rhiannon Agrona
10-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Don't know, somehow I thought, it was easier to freeze the game with all it's energy- and staminalevels during update instead the refill of everyones stam and energy? Don't myself develop games, so can't be sure about that. Just thinking of those times I used to run some servers (not game-ones) and everything was freezed before update.

Anyway, don't know what happened, but I'm greatful NOW, because someone has refilled my energy and stamina =) I feel I got compensation for all the advantage I lost earlier today x) Probably it was another update with no downtime and we all got "free boosts", but it surely feels good! I hope all were able to enjoy of it, the disappointment earlier this morning felt annoying :D

Rai
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
hahaha same here! i was just 15 xp away from levelling. i had some energy but was saving to do a quest that required more energy. and that upgrading thing happened. so the fact that i was levelling up anyway made no difference to me. doesnt really bother me since it made no difference. *shrugs*

Kim Bradshaw
10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
I was in the last few attacks of killing someone else's dragon with three minutes left. Had paid rt money for some favour points to buy stamina to kill the beast because the hatcher was persona non grata, and then, as I was attacking, the game crashed just prior to the update, and went to the white page of death. Couldn't get back on until after the update, and the damn thing flew away with about 5 mm of health left. Now, that is annoying. *chuckles* I used bad words.