PDA

View Full Version : Add requirements for demon fighting

Thorin Silver
10-06-2009, 11:28 PM
It is a sad thing when you get some people lined up and summon Keira only to have a bunch of noobs join the fight taking all the spaces you needed for the people you had lined up. I have seen this happen a half dozen times now.

MY SUGGESTION - Add a requirement that a person must have at least 60 stamina to join into a demon fight.

I would think this would be pretty easy to implement without rewriting all the code. In addition, it would insure that you have a fighting chance of defeating Keira. With this one little requirement you would no longer have to fear that if
you post for help all the spots will be taken by newbies.

If this is too difficult, then I suggest making it so that only those that have access to the demon realm can join a demon fight.

What say ... anyone else ... ideas ??

JPMax18
10-06-2009, 11:37 PM
I second that!! Agree completely.

At least 50 stamina or access to the Demon realm.
Whichever is easier for the devs to implement.

Punkle
10-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Nope. No problem for peeps below 50 in stamina to do good damage.
If you are so afraid of space been taken be "n00bs" as you put it, then don't announce the fight on your wall. Keep it in groups / team.

KFC
10-07-2009, 12:38 AM
60 stamina? ridiculous and unnecessary

I have 40 stamina, I summoned Keira myself. My crew and I took her down in under 10 hours with me being #3 damage dealer.

CORaven
10-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Its to do with activity more so that anything else.
Higher point players have the advantage of higher potential stamina reserves. But on the other hand lower point players have the advantage of multiple leveling in one day, which replenishes there stamina reserves.
I have seen, mostly in Dragon battles that low level players can out preform a high level player.
Just with a lower point player, you have to play in shorter intervals to lvl up, rather than a single interval with high lvl players.
Look through the list of people who actively take part in battles and only send the links to them and who you trust.

Thorin Silver
10-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Thought i would address some of the responses here.

In response to CORaven -
On the surface this seems to be a valid point, however since damage is based on attack value this doesn't hold up.

example:
Level 10 player with 15 stamina who levels up 5 times during the fight.
Average damage per 5-point attack is 500
500 (damage) * 3 (5-point attacks) = 1500 * 5 (levels gained) =
7500 Total Damage

As opposed to:
Level 70 player with 50 stamina and 200 attack who does not level up.
Average damage per 5-point attack is 2000
2000 (damage) * 10 (5-point attacks) = 20000 Total Damage

This example does not take into consideration the regeneration of stamina. The regeneration rate is the same, but the higher level player does more damage per regenerated point. Pretty self explanatory if you ask me.

In response to KFC - Come on ... I'm sure there was a rather large gap between first and third.

In response to Punkle -
I did not say that I was the summoner. When I summon, I have a core group that I notify via message. I have had a number of people ask me to join when they summon and have run across this a half dozen times or so.
The worst, and the one that prompted me to post this, was the last.
Here is how it went - Summoner notified 10 people of the time that he would summon Keira ... these ten INVITED people all had over 100 stamina. When the time came, he summoned Keira and within 10 minutes the group was full. I was the only invited person that made it. Six of those that joined the fight were under level 20 the other two were glommers that never responded to any messages sent to them. I think you can figure out how well that worked out.

To the Dev's -
I have noticed a lot of posts to this sort of thing with demons and dragons. Another possible resolution, that I think would make everyone except the glommers happy, would be to give the summoner the ability to kick people out of the fight (and of course add that health back onto the creature). I would think this would be a bit more difficult though. I don't know, what do you think??

2Blu3
10-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I just saw another post that may apply here... have coding to where the summoner can "lock" the dragon & make attacking by invite only.

I think that would solve many Dragon/Keira issues.

Caitir Eavan
10-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I think it would be great if it worked by invites only for Kiera (not bothered about the dragon... with 50 people able to join, it doesn't matter if there are a few you didn't choose). As for Kiera, there should be some sort of method for people to choose who fights her (or at least who doesn't) - because the low levels just won't be able to contribute to much.
Maybe if the requirement was that you have to ahve unlocked the demon realm in order to fight a Kiera? At least that way you'd be sure the people are fairly high level that are able to join - even if they could still have low stamina or attack... but that's better than nothing.

Sophia Dragonhunter
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Lower levels can still do a lot of damage to Kiera. I'm level 27 and have almost 3 times that number in stamina, and my last fight with Kiera I did 82.5k damage, which put me third from top in the list. If I had woke up sooner in the morning to use my stamina, I would've done over 90k damage (and maybe more than 100k since I was close to a level up). So I think it's fair to let lower levels fight her too. Leechers/afkers on the other side...

The Lord of the Files
10-09-2009, 03:49 PM
example:
Level 10 player with 15 stamina who levels up 5 times during the fight.
Average damage per 5-point attack is 500
500 (damage) * 3 (5-point attacks) = 1500 * 5 (levels gained) =
7500 Total Damage

Thorin, when was the last time you played a low level character? I've gone from level 1 to level 56 in the last three weeks, and there has been no appreciable difference in the amount of damage that a 5 point attack does. Low level characters that dump points into stamina and skip attack power entirely can do a LOT more damage over the course of a single battle.

It's averaging about 2200 points per 5 stamina attack, no matter what level I'm at, without factoring in critical hits.

On the rise up from 35-53 I dropped nine-hundred fifty-four thousand damage (954K) on a single dragon due to increased stamina and stamina refills at level ups. That kill took 45 hours.

Now that leveling has slowed down and I'm getting fewer stamina refills as a result, I'm doing significantly less total damage per dragon, even though I've got a ridiculous amount of stamina now, 135, and still an 11 attack.

cwsansei
10-09-2009, 06:11 PM
60 stamina? ridiculous and unnecessary

I have 40 stamina, I summoned Keira myself. My crew and I took her down in under 10 hours with me being #3 damage dealer.

10 hour... NOOBS. Try 5.

Mursilis
10-09-2009, 06:29 PM
And this is why I can't get into any of these monster hunting groups. Those of us with low stamina simply can't do any amount of damage in that short a time period. This is why I think a limit of 60 or more stamina is a terrible idea for monster fights. If a fight lasts a couple of days I can do my share of the damage, but if it is a 5 hour fight I might as well not show up.

Thorin Silver
10-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Hmmm, If Lord of Flies is correct ... (I based low level damage on what my son told me he did) then I guess it just comes back to glommers (those looking for a free ride). From reading the replies here and in other threads I guess I would have to change my suggestion to the following:

1) Give a kick button to the summoner - after all it is the summoners creature and this would keep the summoner happy.

2) If the summoner boots someone from the fight - give that health back to the dragon/demon.

3) Do not give stamina back to someone kicked out of a fight - they have already gained experience/gold/demi points/etc.

This is a bit more complicated and I guess I was looking for a quick fix. For those that are concerned about doing a lot of damage and then being booted from a fight - no worries - It's not like your apt to try to help that person uninvited again.

BTW - this was all covered in another thread as well.

Thorin Silver
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Ohh and this would also get rid of any abuse attempts by anyone trying to sabotage your fight.

Noel
10-10-2009, 02:08 AM
The game doesn't need to change to prevent noobs from joining your Kiera battles you just have to be more careful how you send out your invites to the participants.

KrackinAces
10-10-2009, 02:51 AM
When you dont put out a "call to arms" & still pull 2-3 poachers that go from Keep to Keep looking for monsters to "Mark". My opinion... They should grab the Call to arms broadcasts & hold off on the Keep to Keep stuff... There are some that pop in & do real damage... but from my experience so far they are few & far between.

Mursilis
10-10-2009, 03:19 AM
That would be terrible for me, going Keep to Keep is the only way I can find dragons. Those of us with low stamina can't do anything of note in the established dragon hunter parties. Those groups take down dragons in a matter of hours, so people with 10-20 stamina are fairly useless when paired with people with 150 stamina. So this relegates low stamina people to either add random people from the Add Me section and hope their dragon is still alive when they are friended, or go Keep to Keep looking for their next target. If someone is willing to go Keep to Keep (since it's so boring) then I say let them.

Paksenarrion
10-10-2009, 03:30 AM
I think anyone in your army should be able to join the fight as long as they contribute. I think the summoner should have the discretion to kick someone out of the fight if they are not contributing and maybe just to make sure that they are not kicking anyone out make it tied to points. You can't kick someone out if they are above a certain # of points. I wasn't thinking and tagged a kiera fight and felt that I should contribute despite having my own dragon to kill but there is at least one or two people on the list who are not contributing at all. I realize they won't get rewards but with limits on the # of people I think there should be an out for someone who doesn't want to fight or for the summoner to remove non-contributors. By the way restricting it only to Demon realm people would likely keep me out of the fight and I have 70+ stamina and approx. 110 attack. But the best way to solve a problem is to have lots of suggestions to pick from.

vijay krishna
10-10-2009, 04:36 AM
I second that!! Agree completely.

At least 50 stamina or access to the Demon realm.
Whichever is easier for the devs to implement.

i think that there should be another option of kicking the attacker by owner so that those who only mark it can be removed.

vijay krishna
10-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Hmmm, If Lord of Flies is correct ... (I based low level damage on what my son told me he did) then I guess it just comes back to glommers (those looking for a free ride). From reading the replies here and in other threads I guess I would have to change my suggestion to the following:

1) Give a kick button to the summoner - after all it is the summoners creature and this would keep the summoner happy.

2) If the summoner boots someone from the fight - give that health back to the dragon/demon.

3) Do not give stamina back to someone kicked out of a fight - they have already gained experience/gold/demi points/etc.

This is a bit more complicated and I guess I was looking for a quick fix. For those that are concerned about doing a lot of damage and then being booted from a fight - no worries - It's not like your apt to try to help that person uninvited again.

BTW - this was all covered in another thread as well.

i think that giving back the health is not a good option ....