PDA

View Full Version : Need some War advice.

DemonChildX
06-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Im getting slaughtered whenever I duel someone in War. Any advice on which generals work better on the wall or tower and so on? Some help would be better then no help. So if you have any advice that works good for you I would love to hear it.

Azraelswrd
06-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Gear makes a bigger difference towards winning than the generals. Hunt monsters, especially Azriel, Bahamuts. Get the "best in slot" items and also the new War of Red Plains event has a few goodies. GO FOR THE LOOT!!!

If your player stats are really soft, move yourself into a 2 or 3 pt slot and put your best generals in the 2 and 3 point slots. War means getting at least 9 points from all slots. My stats aren't bad so I put myself in the 5 point slot.

When choosing the generals, select the ones with the highest total stats (attack + defense). Anyone over 40 total stats is a good idea. The defaults are usually reliable so use them.

Str8up-FUBAR
06-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Yeah everything he said .... I have only 2 chest generals (Meph and Barbarus) on my war council ... I have not spent any stamina in the last 10 days on WAR and have only lost 60 or so war points vs 800+ gained on defensive wins ... I have a pretty good stash of gear and it makes the difference .. I think if someone is looking at generals and using Favor points you would be better spent on refills on farming better equipment ... Have fun

Caidi
06-23-2010, 08:24 AM
I have not spent any stamina in the last 10 days on WAR and have only lost 60 or so war points vs 800+ gained on defensive wins

:eek:

Wow am I ever in the wrong bracket. I have not lost a war yet, but all I ever see for defensive wins is +20 for the whole night. I had +30 today which was a record breaker. I'd like to see more people in my level bracket waging war!

DemonChildX
06-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Gear makes a bigger difference towards winning than the generals. Hunt monsters, especially Azriel, Bahamuts. Get the "best in slot" items and also the new War of Red Plains event has a few goodies. GO FOR THE LOOT!!!

If your player stats are really soft, move yourself into a 2 or 3 pt slot and put your best generals in the 2 and 3 point slots. War means getting at least 9 points from all slots. My stats aren't bad so I put myself in the 5 point slot.

When choosing the generals, select the ones with the highest total stats (attack + defense). Anyone over 40 total stats is a good idea. The defaults are usually reliable so use them.

Well the only general I have that has hell near to 20 stats, unless you mean attack + defense together then I understand. Umm also with the loot, does the gear from the blacksmith also help or just rare and epic stuff from monsters? Ok though this is the setup I have right now. Gonna just put 1-6 in the order I have the deck not by the points.

1: Araxis
2: Vanquish
3: Celesta
4: Me
5: Lilith and Riku
6: Dante
7: Elizabeth Lione

If you have any advice on moving say me and Dante or anything like that let me know plz. Oh and my hero 198 attack 40 defense if that gives you a better idea on where he should be.

terrycap
06-23-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm running an iMac and the latest mac OS. I can't place myself at the main gate because any character I enter next pushes "me" to the next slot on the right. Anyone know how I can put myself at the main gate with this arrangement?

Azraelswrd
06-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Well the only general I have that has hell near to 20 stats, unless you mean attack + defense together then I understand. Umm also with the loot, does the gear from the blacksmith also help or just rare and epic stuff from monsters? Ok though this is the setup I have right now. Gonna just put 1-6 in the order I have the deck not by the points.

1: Araxis
2: Vanquish
3: Celesta
4: Me
5: Lilith and Riku
6: Dante
7: Elizabeth Lione

If you have any advice on moving say me and Dante or anything like that let me know plz. Oh and my hero 198 attack 40 defense if that gives you a better idea on where he should be.

Yeah, attack + defense of 40 is a relatively safe amount. But you have to work with what you have. I would seriously focus on hitting monsters for loot and improving the gear. What level are you? I ask because your stats sound low -- and if you're in the wrong level bracket, you will never win head-on battles with other players.

What gear do you use in war? This is more important to know.

Monsters to hit:
HIGH PRIORITY: War of Red Plains, Azriel, Bahamut
MEDIUM PRIORITY: Ragnarock, Skaar
MINIMAL PRIORITY: Genesis, Lotus

If you don't hit the high priority critters ASAP, then you're going to get schooled by those that do. And by hit, I mean hit hard enough to get the epic drops.

EpiQC
06-23-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm running an iMac and the latest mac OS. I can't place myself at the main gate because any character I enter next pushes "me" to the next slot on the right. Anyone know how I can put myself at the main gate with this arrangement?
Put it in the slot just before the main gate?

icollyer
06-24-2010, 05:54 AM

Try a different browser?

Trelew
06-24-2010, 02:31 PM
So if I understand this right, placing your highest stat characters (total of Att & Def) from the highest to lowest positions, along with getting good loot, should get you the best results. Is this correct?

Using this I have rearranged lineup as the following:

West Rampart (+2) Keira - stats 44
Mage Tower (+3) Ambrosia - stats 52
Archer Wall (+1) Kaiser - stats 39
Main Gate (+5) me - stats 722
Armoury (+1) Barbarus - stats 39
Tower (+3) Sylvanas - stats 46
East Rampart (+2) Kaylen - stat 40

Rutherford
06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Gear makes a bigger difference towards winning than the generals.

Rumors.

Here's your salt.

buckychudd
06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Gear makes a bigger difference towards winning than the generals.
Because of this make sure you pay attention to the details of your battles. Check which generals are using which items. Restack if one of your generals is loaded leaving the rest at a disadvantage. If you're a strong dueler try to make sure that you have crappy items, restack if necessary. Remember to check again after leveling since it automatically restacks you.

Freedude
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM

How do I go about increasing a generals stats? I have Barbarus 39, Lyra 38, Minerva38, Dexter 38, Araxis 36 and Vanquish 35 and all are level 4. How do I increase their stats once they have reached level 4?

Thanks for any help...

Bill

Lyra87
06-24-2010, 10:25 PM
You can try buying their weapons and armour. Thats a bit of a high cost just to add a point or two to att or def though. I don't think its worth it. Araxis and Vanquish can't be upgraded any further once you reach level 4.

Freedude
06-24-2010, 10:49 PM
You can try buying their weapons and armour. Thats a bit of a high cost just to add a point or two to att or def though. I don't think its worth it. Araxis and Vanquish can't be upgraded any further once you reach level 4.

Thx for the reply. So, am I to assume that the other generals; other than Araxis and Vanquish; can be upgraded but it can only be done by acquiring their weapons? If so, how do I know which weapons are their weapons?

Azraelswrd
06-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Rumors.

Here's your salt.

Evidence looks good for it though and gear is the easiest factor to manipulate versus buying generals.

Lyra87
06-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Thx for the reply. So, am I to assume that the other generals; other than Araxis and Vanquish; can be upgraded but it can only be done by acquiring their weapons? If so, how do I know which weapons are their weapons?

There is a thread here in the forum where you can buy the monthly generals and their items. I don't know where it is though. lol. Be careful on what you click, once you click on links you bought them. Items are not stackable. Barbarus has 2 items that add to attack. It only makes sense to buy one of them since the most you can add to his attack is 2, not 4.

Think it costs 25 fp's to buy each one. It so isn't worth it. If your looking for generals with better stats some of the other monthly generals have good stats. At level 4 Adriana has 19 att and 21 def. Kataan 22att, 22def, Kaiser 20att, 19 def, Scarlett 20att, 20def, Kaylen 19att, 21 def. These are all without the item upgrades.

Barbarus

Death Bellow +2 to attack
Warmonger shield +2 to attack
Wrathbringer helm +1% critical chance with barbarus equipped

Lyra

Ancient tome +1 defense to Lyra
Rune Blade +1 attack to Lyra
Heart of Elos +1 stamina when Lyra is equipped

Dexter

Retribution Helm Damage received reduced by 1
Retribution Plate +1 defense to Dexter
Gorlaks axe +1 attack to Dexter

Minerva

Righteousness +2 attack to Minerva
Illvason Crest +2 stamina to player when Minerva is equipped
Titan Helm +2 defense to Minerva

TravisMcGivern
06-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Items are not stackable. Barbarus has 2 items that add to attack. It only makes sense to buy one of them since the most you can add to his attack is 2, not 4.

I'm pretty sure this isn't quite right. When the items note that their bonuses aren't stackable, I believe this means the bonuses from the same item aren't cumulative if you get that item more than once. So if Item X gives Barbarus +2 to attack and Item Y gives Barbarus +2 to attack, if you have both X and Y then Barbarus gets +4 to attack. However, if you get three of Item X and no Item Y, you'll only have +2 (not +6).

What I'm not at all certain of is whether this has any bearing on the War Council at all. Do generals with item bonuses get those bonuses while on the Council, even if the specific equipment that grants the bonus isn't part of your best sets (so doesn't get used by the Council)?

Lyra87
06-25-2010, 03:12 AM
You are correct. Its not right. Just did a search. You can buy each item and get the bonuses. Having more then one of the same item will not work. So I guess barbarus attack would go up to 25. Cheers.

autokad
06-25-2010, 03:33 AM
I have 15 death shields, but only 2 of them show up in war. inferno shields keep showing up, why? deathsheilds are way better. Anyone have an answer?

Also for heroes with items giving themselves bonuses, doesnt that hero have to be equiped to get the bonus?

lastly as some advice to people with marginal generals and not so great BSI, try giving up the gate. Put your worst hero on the gate, put yourself on one of the +3s. If you got a low bsi, your going to lose the gate anyways, may as well grab some points lower

Azraelswrd
06-25-2010, 04:58 AM
I have 15 death shields, but only 2 of them show up in war. inferno shields keep showing up, why? deathsheilds are way better. Anyone have an answer?

Also for heroes with items giving themselves bonuses, doesnt that hero have to be equiped to get the bonus?

lastly as some advice to people with marginal generals and not so great BSI, try giving up the gate. Put your worst hero on the gate, put yourself on one of the +3s. If you got a low bsi, your going to lose the gate anyways, may as well grab some points lower

I would re-select the War Council and see if all my bests were used. Sounds like a case of the game not updating your WC. Mine did not update with my new Red Plains loot until I redid it.

If its still hinky, send a bug report to the devs via the report link from the bottom of the CA page.

buckychudd
06-25-2010, 08:40 PM

Are you sure you're not using 3 death shields? There is a max of 3 per item, so if you have 15 you will only use 3.

DemonChildX
06-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Yeah, attack + defense of 40 is a relatively safe amount. But you have to work with what you have. I would seriously focus on hitting monsters for loot and improving the gear. What level are you? I ask because your stats sound low -- and if you're in the wrong level bracket, you will never win head-on battles with other players.

What gear do you use in war? This is more important to know.

Monsters to hit:
HIGH PRIORITY: War of Red Plains, Azriel, Bahamut
MEDIUM PRIORITY: Ragnarock, Skaar
MINIMAL PRIORITY: Genesis, Lotus

If you don't hit the high priority critters ASAP, then you're going to get schooled by those that do. And by hit, I mean hit hard enough to get the epic drops.

Sorry ive been running around doing **** last couple days, but im lvl 151. How do I know what gear I am using though? I didnt know you could equip generals other then the special ones that auto equip when you get em from monsters that gives the generals a boost. If so I need to know how cause im lost on that one. If it helps at all look up my char on CA it will show you all the loot and ****. His name is believe it or not DemonChildX. I was also wondering if I used Titania for Monster and raid battles does that 5% chance of loot work for them or is there a loop around it where I can use my best general for the attack and then equip her when I collect my loot if that will still give me that 5%.

Azraelswrd
06-30-2010, 12:22 AM
You can only see what gear you use in war by fighting in a war OR use a tactics attack in War on Red Plains battle. The equipment selected is still automatic but the game picks your best and the placement is random. People will keep re-selecting their WC until the gear is in their preferred locations.

This can get expensive stamina wise (10 per war, min 5 per tactics)

There is no evidence for or against Titania on improving monster loot. She was originally intended for quest random drops. The only generals that are CONFIRMED to work on improving monster loot is Morrigan/Angelica with demi-points.