PDA

View Full Version : Do Levels of Generals matter in War?

HouseNdaHouse
06-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Some generals that battle seem to lose when they shouldn't. Example: if Aurora battled Vanquish who would win?? Aurora ... naturally. At least that is what I thought.

Unless user stats are somehow figured into the calculations of war... or unless Vanquish lvl 4 beats Aurora lvl 1 or something...I dunno.

I'm confused... anyone out there enlightened?

Lazlo
06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
They almost certainly do, (although a net +3/+3*0.7 per general is hardly amazing). War is determined almost entirely on the items the general uses rather than their personal stats.

The general ability doesn't work either. So someone like Vanquish doesn't hit harder because of the power gain.

TexWiller
06-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Some generals that battle seem to lose when they shouldn't. Example: if Aurora battled Vanquish who would win?? Aurora ... naturally. At least that is what I thought.

Unless user stats are somehow figured into the calculations of war... or unless Vanquish lvl 4 beats Aurora lvl 1 or something...I dunno.

I'm confused... anyone out there enlightened?
Levelled stats are used in war, but so is stats of 7 items per general.
At lvl 4 Aurora can still easily lose, because of the equipments.

notical
06-22-2010, 09:52 AM
They almost certainly do, (although a net +3/+3*0.7 per general is hardly amazing). War is determined almost entirely on the items the general uses rather than their personal stats.

The general ability doesn't work either. So someone like Vanquish doesn't hit harder because of the power gain.

I think the General's ability works. Its only because Vanquish adds to PLAYER attack, not GENERAL attack.

FLX
06-22-2010, 01:45 PM
hmm.. does the lvl of the generals matter at invasions??

isaluteyou
06-22-2010, 11:11 PM
i think it is lvl4 for war but can confirm that 100%. anyway loot is the real winner. My leon has whipped many a mala. So.....:D

Azraelswrd
06-22-2010, 11:17 PM
General stats at level 4 matter but their abilities that affect players do not seem to translate or matter in war. Of course, the gear is the true deciding factor. If you're trumped by 3 item types, you're as good as dead for that slot.

If you've never hunted Bahamuts or Azriel's your life in war will suck as you progress and run into better equipped higher ranked players. Generals help but I find I lose A LOT of slots because I don't have enough of the Azriel gear (esp. Blood Flasks, Transcendances, Angelic Rebirth, Archangel Battlegear)