PDA

View Full Version : Barbarus Helm

ltjltj
06-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I have Barbarus and pretty much use him everytime I fight Alpha or Aziel . Would it be wise to purchase the helm for the + 1 critical ? 30 FPs seems like a lot for an extra 1% chance .

ltjltj
06-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Also is it always equipped even if I own a stronger helm ? otherwise it would be useless .

Zeira
06-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Your strongest items will still be equipped, the generals get their bonuses from items just for you having it. As for the 1% chance making a big difference, my guess is it would be barely noticeable.

Azraelswrd
06-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Is it worth it? The real question is -- do you feel lucky?

If you own it and Barbarus, then Barbarus will get the bonus as long as he is your leading general. If you were asking if you used it, then the answer depends on what other helms you own as the game picks the best one for you to use in PVP duels and against certain monsters.

ltjltj
06-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Well I get about 1 or 2 criticals a day . and Im usually hitting 20 stam button everytime I hit so thats 60 stam points a pop . I guess I dont think I'll notice it . I guess I can purchase Keiser and get 3 criticals and come out better

Doiron
06-20-2010, 02:37 AM
it depends on how often you think you're going to use him, really. if you use him frequently, say for FP farming, the extra crits will pay off in the very long run. I got the helm myself, and I don't regret it one second. Every time one of those huge barb crits come in is great, so anything to make that more often is a win in my book. But then again, I plan on him being my main general for the next few months, unless a better multiplier general comes out.

ltjltj
06-20-2010, 04:49 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid but how many crits would u say u get on average ? I get about 2 a day and I'm always hitting the 20 stamina button . I have 309 stamina currently. The crits are awesome and like you unless a better muiltiplier comes out he'w going to be my main , although I need 15 dragons to get my 25 fp achievments so I was thinking Keiser might help me get there faster . And would be better for that. I've got 58fps currently

06-20-2010, 05:17 PM
I have Barbarus and pretty much use him everytime I fight Alpha or Aziel . Would it be wise to purchase the helm for the + 1 critical ? 30 FPs seems like a lot for an extra 1% chance .

it costs 25 fp but anyway, in my opinion it's not worth it, better get another 5 fp and buy the next general :rolleyes:

Doiron
06-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I currently do about 50 Barb PA's in a day (750 stam's worth, counting recharge). That means the helm supplies me with a free crit every other day on average.

If I'm farming serpents for FP, that's one extra FP every 8 days or so from the extra 1% crits (I have high attack, your stats will likely work out differently). Assuming everything stays constant, it'd take 200 days, or about 6.5 months for him to earn back those FP for me. I've been using him for almost a month now, so that's about 5.5 months left. It'll likely be less than that with refills and stat increases, but it's hard to say by how much, maybe as little as half, but probably more like 4 months. And I expect to still use him in another 4 months, so it works out for me.

Of course, a simple payback wasn't the reason I got the helm. It'll pay off in the very long run, but I enjoy having the helm and knowing my crit rate is slightly higher which, to me, is worth the FP. At least more than just purchasing a 2.5 refills or a chest (I already have all the monthlies).

ltjltj
06-20-2010, 05:35 PM
I read somewhere on here that Orc King and Barbarus give less fp points when battling Dragons and serpents . is this true?

Doiron
06-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I read somewhere on here that Orc King and Barbarus give less fp points when battling Dragons and serpents . is this true?

definitely not true for serpents, probably not true for dragons but no one's done enough research to know for sure.