PDA

View Full Version : Monster hunting etiquette?

smelting
06-16-2010, 10:55 PM
I've been lurking the forums but haven't been able to turn up any concrete answers to a few questions I have regarding monster hunting. Most of it is regarding etiquette. I've never fought a team monster battle (I've been focused more on PvP), so my first and foremost question is: Are there any kind of rules regarding joining a monster battle? Can you just charge in unannounced, or should you message the team chat letting people know you're about to join the fight before hitting that Power Attack button?

If there's a lot of people on a monster with relatively low health, should you only do the minimum damage needed to get credit for the kill, leaving more health for others to get kill credit with, or should you simply kill it as quickly as possible? For that matter, is it possible for a monster to be "oversaturated" with monster hunters - so many people present (or joining after it's been up a while) the monster doesn't have enough HP remaining to give them all the minimum kill credit?

I am also confused by the Monster Classes (Fighter, Rogue, Mage, Cleric) - do they affect your ability to attack/defend against a monster? (I know each has a specific mass ability, I'm talking individual bonuses/penalties.) Also, how do you choose your class for a monster battle, and how do you tell what class a particular monster battle needs the most when you join?

For my current stats, I have 350 each for attack and defense, 150 energy and 90 stamina. My eventual goal is a "Terminator" build, but for the time being, is there a minimum I should beef my stats up to before even so much as considering a team monster battle?

I ask all of this because in my journeys through the forums, I've come across a lot of people complaining about bad/rude monster hunters, but almost nothing on what makes a good or nice monster hunter. I want to avoid making rookie mistakes or stepping on any toes.

Matezma
06-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Edit: missed the first question :eek:
1. There are groups that have set rules etc. I think most people just charge in and lookout for numero uno.

2. It depends on the monster and situation. Yes it's possible but you can reduce the chances of it happening by choosing them wisely.

3. http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Class

4. Your stats are fine for pretty much any monster.

Caissa's DeathAngel
06-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Not an Azriel or Alpha Bahamut!

That stamina needs to be doubled or tripled at least, 90 is way too low for most monsters unless you're only looking at min damage.

Azraelswrd
06-16-2010, 11:43 PM
^Or a whole lot of refills. :eek:

Radiobandit
06-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Not an Azriel or Alpha Bahamut!

That stamina needs to be doubled or tripled at least, 90 is way too low for most monsters unless you're only looking at min damage.

At 120 stam I can dish out ~9mil to an Azriel/Alpha Bahamut with zero refills and a party that knows how to heal.

b_griffbot
06-17-2010, 06:08 PM
You really should have more stamina if you want to fight monsters.