PDA

View Full Version : this is total crap

dreamreaper
06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
this is what i got from beating azriel i was the top attacker and done 41.6 mill damage and never got 1 legendary item and only 3 epic rares and rares the loot give out takes the piss

You have been rewarded 2 demi points of Corvintheus!
You have been rewarded 1 demi points of Aurora!
You have been rewarded 1 demi points of Azeron!
You have been awarded with: Angelic Blessing! [attack: 0 defense: 2]
You have been awarded with: Earth Shard! [attack: 1 defense: 3]
You have been awarded with: Rusty Armor! [attack: 2 defense: 3]
You have been awarded with: Rusty Gloves! [attack: 1 defense: 1]

rare items
You have been awarded with: Celestial Helm! [attack: 11 defense: 11]
You have been awarded with: Avenging Mace! [attack: 16 defense: 13]
You have been awarded with: Zealot Robes! [attack: 25 defense: 12]

land
You have been awarded with: Castle!
You have been awarded with: Mountain Keep!
You have been awarded with: Castle!

epic rare
You have been awarded with: Consecration! [attack: 14 defense: 14]
You have been awarded with: Consecration! [attack: 14 defense: 14]
You have been awarded with: Purgatory! [attack: 30 defense: 30]

morphling
06-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Better luck next time :D

TheAquarian
06-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Keep Trying?

There is a reason why an item is called legendary - it is an item that is hard to get. Something that is so rare that people aren't entirely certain if it actually exists.

If everyone was guaranteed a legendary by dropping all their stamina on one mob, then they wouldn't be very rare.

dreamreaper
06-15-2010, 05:30 PM
its not only that i only recieved 3 rare and epic rare items i get more than on every other monster for only doing have that amount

Marlfox
06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
So what now, shall we hold your hand and give you a hankie? N00bs apparently love to register and immediately start to whine about their bad luck.

That's the game, deal with it!

Rutherford
06-15-2010, 05:48 PM
its not only that i only recieved 3 rare and epic rare items i get more than on every other monster for only doing have that amount

Are you using an online translation tool?

Ętes-vous en utilisant un outil de traduction en ligne?

Avoloch
06-15-2010, 05:49 PM
There is a reason why an item is called legendary - it is an item that is hard to get. Something that is so rare that people aren't entirely certain if it actually exists.

If everyone was guaranteed a legendary by dropping all their stamina on one mob, then they wouldn't be very rare.

But it would be more fair. Luck is something that is unfair all the time.
I got my first Volcanic Emerald this weekend after 45 kills of Bahamuts and Alphas with at least 2 million on Bahas and 6 million on Alphas all the time.
I know people that got all 4 gems for killing 3 normal Bahamuts with less than 2 million on the first weekend. This has nothing to do with hard to get= more rare. Legendary drops surely wouldn't be that much more common if you'd let them drop for sure after doing, let's state, 20 million or maybe 30 million. Who is able to this that easily in time, except the high levels? I've seen people who got a Alpha serpent for only 5,5 million. That is possible for everyone.
And if there was a fixed point of high damage to get certain loot the monsters would be killed much faster for everyone aiming to get that high damage.

Lord Dufduf
06-15-2010, 05:51 PM
this is what i got from beating azriel i was the top attacker and done 41.6 mill damage and never got 1 legendary item and only 3 epic rares and rares the loot give out takes the piss ......

Now do you believe in the "Sweet Spot" theory.

You do no damage you get nothing. You do too much damage you get nothing.

Matezma
06-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Maybe the devs need to put warning labels on the big baddies.

Keep at it dreamreaper, you'll get there eventually.

Jaraxxis
06-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Now do you believe in the "Sweet Spot" theory.

You do no damage you get nothing. You do too much damage you get nothing.

With all the data on slots its not surprising not to get a legendary slot even with that much damage. Heck in the data that was compiled in one of the monster farming groups... there was one user who did not even get an epic slot even after reaching high amounts of damage or stamina use. There is a random factor to the slots and you just need to hope lady luck is on your side.

peninvade
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
If you were able to get a legendary just by doing all the damge you could with your resources, what would the point be in playing? 4 alphas= 4 emeralds. done. I think the devs are doing a good job of making a universe where you can't have it all- you have have to decide where you want to try to develop your character to make him strong.
Now. . . Where's my flippin' demon strength!!!!!!! How many Kiera's do i have to slay and deathrune castles do i need to topple????

Radiobandit
06-15-2010, 08:29 PM
If you were able to get a legendary just by doing all the damge you could with your resources, what would the point be in playing? 4 alphas= 4 emeralds. done. I think the devs are doing a good job of making a universe where you can't have it all- you have have to decide where you want to try to develop your character to make him strong.
Now. . . Where's my flippin' demon strength!!!!!!! How many Kiera's do i have to slay and deathrune castles do i need to topple????

I'm guessing you're the type of person who supports communism.

peninvade
06-16-2010, 12:04 AM

I think I support not have a huge divide between the haves and the have-nots: opportunity for the lower level players and fear and uncertainty in the upper level players. I think there is some capitalist ideology in there mixed with the DeathTouch sickle and orc-hammer.

Azraelswrd
06-16-2010, 12:09 AM
How is getting 2 consecrations and a purgatory nothing? They're great for war! Those are the things I'm looking for! Anyways, loot drops have a saturation point and anything over a certain amount of activity will get you nothing more. This is why I usually don't drop that much damage on any one monster unless I have to.

So far, I haven't.

isaluteyou
06-16-2010, 01:48 AM
This is why I usually don't drop that much damage on any one monster unless I have to.

Exactly. However bit of a bummer when you rescue a lotus plunging 5 mill and get squat not 1 epic and the worst rares (mind you wont sniff at 1fp). Or when you accidentally tag an alpha and get legendary drops:p

Point being there are cut offs but even they can be random. Otherwise explain how taggers get legendary stuff (i did but accidentally).:eek:

Major
06-18-2010, 09:48 AM
this is what i got from beating azriel i was the top attacker and done 41.6 mill damage and never got 1 legendary item and only 3 epic rares and rares the loot give out takes the piss

Big deal, try slaughtering 76 raids and not earning one WoF.
Try slaughtering 65 keiras and not getting a single Demon Strength.

Spellfire
06-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Big deal, try slaughtering 76 raids and not earning one WoF.
Try slaughtering 65 keiras and not getting a single Demon Strength.

My greatest sympathies.

BobicusTheConqurer
06-18-2010, 10:41 AM
How is getting 2 consecrations and a purgatory nothing? They're great for war! Those are the things I'm looking for! ...I agree. I looked at OP's loot drop from his Azriel and I didn't see where it looked all that bad. So, he did 40 million damage, so what! Do you get Kiera's soul if you solo Kiera? Of course the answer is no.

I also agree with Lord Duf Duf, there is a sweet spot on all of these monsters where it is usually wiser to find another monster than to keep on beating on the same one. The only exception to this is where you have to rack up the score to prevent the monster from fleeing. Where is the sweet spot on Azriel? I honestly don't know, I've only gone to 14 million and that was with 6 Oracle refills. I'm guessing the mid 20 millions, about does it for Azriel.

x3froggi
06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
I agree. I looked at OP's loot drop from his Azriel and I didn't see where it looked all that bad. So, he did 40 million damage, so what! Do you get Kiera's soul if you solo Kiera? Of course the answer is no.

I also agree with Lord Duf Duf, there is a sweet spot on all of these monsters where it is usually wiser to find another monster than to keep on beating on the same one. The only exception to this is where you have to rack up the score to prevent the monster from fleeing. Where is the sweet spot on Azriel? I honestly don't know, I've only gone to 14 million and that was with 6 Oracle refills. I'm guessing the mid 20 millions, about does it for Azriel.

Let's make a thread for the sweet spot for all monsters :D

BobicusTheConqurer
06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Let's make a thread for the sweet spot for all monsters :DI like the idea, but don't really have enough knowledge to say a lot on the subject.

The easiest way to look upon it is that you are opening Epic Slots as you do more damage to a monster. This following is for the World and Epic monsters, (Cronus,BDL, Raganok, Genesis, Skaar) and none of these figures are exact as they randomize the slot openings, so take this with a grain of salt but here goes:

Slot 1 - Around 250-500K
Slot 2 - Around 1 million
Slot 3 - Around 3 million
Slot 4 - Around 5 million, but I seldom go beyond 5 million so I don't really know.

On all of these monsters, I aim for between 3 and 5 million as that works pretty good for me.

The original Bahamet would seem to be about double the above numbers.

The Alpha - I've only been in 1 and if you want a Serpent drop you had better plan on doing 14+ million damage. I've read as low as 6 million for a Serpent drop, but I don't believe everything I read.

Azriel - Only been in 2 and did 14 million both times. I got roughly 2/3 of what the original poster got both times. The loot helps incredibly with War!

Right now, Genesis and Raganok have become very stingy with Swords and Bolts, that or me and my friends have been a little unlucky for the last month or so. Azriel is very generous right now, in my opinion.

carloseverest
06-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Yerstoday i got about those same drops, well not the same but about the same amount and epic/rare quality amount and i did 6.7mill damage.

TDG
06-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Well, 3 Epic rares can't be THAT bad,, can it?

msluce
06-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Those are pretty darn good epics too. Purgatory is great! Consecration is just a little lower than skullfire, but in terms of magic they are great to have. I'm using a lot of Azriel loot in war ( 2 archangel battlegear, 2 consecrations, 1 blood flask, 1 purgatory, 2 avenging maces) and want more, esp. the blood flasks and the purgatories. While you have my sympathies for putting in so much stamina, at least your Azriel did not fail. Maybe your stamina is what helped save it. I put in over 11 mil on an Azriel lately just to see it fail. :eek:

Pattenam
06-18-2010, 06:59 PM

Eh? Why's that?

Rancid1
06-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Initially loot will be good on a new monster and peeps were getting celestas devotion right and left when the emporium opened...once everyone was determined to get the best items I am sure the developers lowered the percentage to how often they are awarded, just another way to keep people coming back,

Azraelswrd
06-18-2010, 08:40 PM
One reason ppl were getting a ton of CD's initially was because it was before the 10 drops/day limit and before the devs began penalizing scripters. When you have automated code that can gift and trade in thousands of gifts at a time, it's not hard to see someone walking around with 28 devotions (yes, I saw the screenshot)

RAUKO
06-18-2010, 09:43 PM

What is wrong with communism, except that it never happened anywhere and probably never will? :rolleyes:

Capitalism can not be the final form of social system for eternity. It is not that perfect. :eek:

khanvalescent
06-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Ultimately the sweet spot for every monster is the minimum damage required to consistently get one epic to drop. If you divide the damage into many monster, you will get more epics to drop total than investing heavily in one monster. I consider none of these damage thresholds to be "tagging".

Level and stamina do have some influence, so here are my experiences:

Keira 130k
Genesis 500k
Skaar 500k
Ragnaarok 500k
Azriel 8 million (for 3 epics and a good chance at a legendary)
Bahumat 8 million (for 3 epics and a good chance at a legendary)

Doing very high damage is more of a benefit to the group than to yourself.

Azraelswrd
06-18-2010, 10:24 PM
500K for 1 epic consistently for Rags? Wow, that sounds so low. I can't do anything less than a million on an epic -- my brain won't allow it! :D

RAUKO
06-18-2010, 10:37 PM
500K for 1 epic consistently for Rags? Wow, that sounds so low. I can't do anything less than a million on an epic -- my brain won't allow it! :D

I arrived few times (5 or 6) to almost finished Ragnarok and Genesis and did ~600k >>> 1 epic every time. Also few times with more then 2 million>>> 1 epic.
What gives?
Now I look for those nearing end with free spots on purpose.

Osiris0716
06-19-2010, 01:23 AM

To emphasize the point: I already have Keira, having only played for a few months and having never done a deathrune raid. Sorry the OP luck sucks. So does mine: I was attacked by a person with Celesta's super-secret-nightmare weapon on the very same day that the goblin trader was opened.

Kiera's not worth it, BTW...

Owmonger
06-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Dudes, there are good times and there are bad times.

I killed 30+ Skaars and it only gave me one Deathrune Plate.:(
But i also only killed under 5 Bahumats and i already got 2 emereld and 2 ruby crystals.:cool:
I even got 1 emerald when there were like 5 lvl 1-30s and i could barely see any green on the bar.