PDA

View Full Version : Question about new monster rules

Cammino
06-15-2010, 09:14 AM
The cooldown timer between when your last monster died, and when you can summon your next monster, no longer exists. Be careful! If you summon an Epic Boss monster, and then summon another Epic Boss monster before the first one died, it will replace the first monster before you kill it. If you summon Azriel, and then mid-battle you summon Lotus Ravenmoore, all the work everyone put into the Azriel fight will be for nought. Also, if you summon a new monster before everyone has had a chance to get their loot from a monster...

Is the time we have to wait to give everybody a chance to get their loot limited? What if someone isn't playing for several days or quitted the game before collecting his loot?

Death of Rats
06-15-2010, 09:18 AM
This was a temporary glitch. The cooldown timer has been reinstated.

uncle_wilf
06-15-2010, 09:18 AM
The cooldown timer still exists for me. Tried summoning an Emerald Dragon and it told me I had to wait until my Ancient Red expired in 12 hours or so.

Cammino
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
This was a temporary glitch. The cooldown timer has been reinstated.

Good to know, thank you :-)

krispychicken
06-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes. It didn't happen to me. I made a Gildamesh, killed it, then tried to make Colossus, but it wouldn't let me summon. So the timer appears to work.

jvilla
06-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Why does the limit even exist? I'm trying to get all the pieces for the final Atlantis chapter, and I need to summon the sea serpents to try and get the drops. Basically, I end up not playing the game at all for 2-3 days in between summons if I can't find someone that needs help with one.

Barnie
06-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Why does the limit even exist? I'm trying to get all the pieces for the final Atlantis chapter, and I need to summon the sea serpents to try and get the drops. Basically, I end up not playing the game at all for 2-3 days in between summons if I can't find someone that needs help with one.

So other players can get their loot. Let's say you summoned your own serpent and did damage to it. You call for help from your friends and they assisted you in taking down your monster. Now, some of your friends who helped had to leave for a few hours because of RL stuff. During that time, you managed to land the final blow to your serpent and collected your loot.

If there is no time limit, you could summon another monster immediately and the previous monster will be deleted. Your friends can no longer collect their loot from the previous monster if you did this. How do you think they would feel about it? Imagine that this happened to you, how would you feel?

Azraelswrd
06-15-2010, 11:04 PM
So it's been reinstated? That's good to hear. When dealing with groups of people, it only takes 1 mistake and clearing it too early to ruin the experience.