PDA

View Full Version : Don't understand -- I should win this?

alnitak
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
OK, I keep losing invade to an Earl. I know -- it's the stats -- but I am Level 108 and he's 105. I'm a Baron and he's an Earl, so very close in SPs (if anything, I should have a little more in total because of the level difference). My stats are:

126 Max Energy
93 Max Stamina
410 Attack
256 Defense
106 Max Health
549 Army

Although we both have an army of 501, my creatures and weapons are better:

My Army of 501 fought with

Heroes x29
Soldiers x501
Weapons x332
Equipment x337
Magic x77

His Army of 501 fought with

Heroes x22
Soldiers x501
Weapons x227
Equipment x374
Magic x137

My main creatures are:

Archangels 61
Phoenix 110
Dragons 112
Valor Knights 57

His main creatures are:
Arcanists 10
Dragons 12
Tree Ents 10
Gift Tree Ents 22
Gift Paladins 40
Gift Knights 48

My main weapons are:
Ornate Axe 41
Draganblades 29
Gladiator Swords 142
Orc War Axe 43

His main weapons are:
Morningstars 42
Assassins Blades 24
Oathkeepers 16
Silver Maces 44

It seems to me that I should be winning handily, especially given the advantage I have in creatures. So why aren't I? Can his stats be that much higher than mine at a lower Level? Are all of his SPs focused on defense?

Help me understand...

Thanks.

kiknchikn
06-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Your attack and defense stats are far more important in invades than your equipment and units.

Death of Rats
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Seems like you know the answer.

It's possible he's a wall build.

You have 93 stamina; he might have spent those points in attack/defense instead.

Rutherford
06-14-2010, 05:24 PM
He's likely a Wall build. His loss count is pretty low, I bet.

You have an Attack Power of 589.20
Beats lvl 105 Balanced BSI < 6.60
Loses to lvl 105 Wall BSI > 5.61

Ryn
06-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Firstly, I'd stop invading him.

Secondly, yes, he could have all his stats in defense. And, he could have been accumulating additional skill points via quests, leveling slowly...there can be all sorts of things going on under the covers.

Your BSI is about 6.17. That's good. It's possible to be better, and it's possible to have all that in defense whereas you have a more 3:2 ratio and more even.

alnitak
06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Seems like you know the answer.

It's possible he's a wall build.

You have 93 stamina; he might have spent those points in attack/defense instead.

Thanks. Looking at my stats, I know I "wasted" a few in energy and a few in health (early on before I did any reading on these forums), but I didn't think 12 Sps would make that much difference. Most of my stamina is from Azeron (one more "pray to" to go). I guess he must be a wall/paladin build, though he did attack me a few times and win, so I'm confused (he should have lost if it is a wall). I've done most of the quests through level four in the first three realms and demis, so unless he just took his time and did all realms, it's hard to believe he's that far ahead there.

Oh well, just chalk it up to "stats" and move on I guess. However, it makes getting to 400+ AAs seem knida pointless -- they don't matter much here.

alnitak
06-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Firstly, I'd stop invading him.

LOL, ...yeah...figured that out. I wouldn't be attacking, except he attacks me every couple of days. If he's a wall, I should be winning those I would think.

As you said, maybe he just levelled slow and gained all quest SPs.

Death of Rats
06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks. Looking at my stats, I know I "wasted" a few in energy and a few in health (early on before I did any reading on these forums), but I didn't think 12 Sps would make that much difference. Most of my stamina is from Azeron (one more "pray to" to go). I guess he must be a wall/paladin build, though he did attack me a few times and win, so I'm confused (he should have lost if it is a wall). I've done most of the quests through level four in the first three realms and demis, so unless he just took his time and did all realms, it's hard to believe he's that far ahead there.

Oh well, just chalk it up to "stats" and move on I guess. However, it makes getting to 400+ AAs seem knida pointless -- they don't matter much here.

Even through demi-blessings, you've received one stamina where your opponent may have received 2 points in attack/defense.

Deriam
06-14-2010, 06:43 PM
skill points are more important, but come on both of you have neglacted item and all. I get you dont wanna waste money on champions auro when your so close to royal seals but you could atleast had maxed out on glad swords and steel plate

alnitak
06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Even through demi-blessings, you've received one stamina where your opponent may have received 2 points in attack/defense.

Yep..in thinking about what I wrote, I realized he could have been maxing in att/def from the Demis while I was paying homage to Azeron. Those 50 or so points add up to a lot when multiplied by 500+ -- I guess more than my AAs.

alnitak
06-14-2010, 07:03 PM
skill points are more important, but come on both of you have neglacted item and all. I get you dont wanna waste money on champions auro when your so close to royal seals but you could atleast had maxed out on glad swords and steel plate

Thank you. I was wondering the same thing. I had hoped to skip by until I reached "Baron" where I could rest, and get my money-producing stats up and buy AAs over time (without fear of losing the priviledge).

On the steel plate, I thought I'd hold off on that and go for Commander's Plate when I could afford it. However, now that the Ornate Axe is 7/7, would that take the place of any plate? Or at least instead of glad swords?

Matezma
06-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Axes won't take the place of Commander's Plate since it's armor. They would replace the Glad Swords nicely though.

Deriam
06-15-2010, 02:41 AM
steel plates cost a lot less than commander plates :)

and you dont even have 500 weapons or 500 items yet

you could atleast save orc war axes :p

Yuntaek
06-15-2010, 03:03 AM
My Army of 501 fought with

Heroes x29
Soldiers x501
Weapons x332
Equipment x337
Magic x77

His Army of 501 fought with

Heroes x22
Soldiers x501
Weapons x227
Equipment x374
Magic x137

I just wanted to lol at this.

darth
06-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree..if the other one is a wall built tank!!!

you can try for the next years and won't succeed!
I know a lvl200 wall with defence 1100+ (without the 0.7 of attack!!)
how many people you think wonder WHY they don't beat him??? hehe

..advice..get your army stuff improved..in quality and QUANTITY!!
if he is a busy monster hunter with a lot of Bahamut & azrielstuff....well - then your ornate axes won't do well gainst him!! :)

x3froggi
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Try bahumat hunting :D It gives decent items in bulks, provided you can deal large amounts of damage to it.

Rheannan
06-15-2010, 08:37 PM
I guess he must be a wall/paladin build, though he did attack me a few times and win, so I'm confused (he should have lost if it is a wall).

There are definitely PvP builds that have a lot more invested in attack and defence, but those are the ones who haven't put many points in the other areas. I think hybrid builds are probably the most common, though. Extra points in attack and defence will help to make up for a lack of good equipment in an army, to a certain point. Also, you need more magic.

Edit: Removed demi quest skill points and made it less specific.