PDA

View Full Version : Did I just waste my money??

alnitak
06-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I just bought a bunch of Ornate War Axes (thinking their stats are better than the Gladiator swords), yet I saw a reference in another thread that axes are no longer being used in invade. Did I just waste my money? Should I sell them and buy some more Glads??

I tried search, but can't find discussion on the new invade rules for axes.

kiknchikn
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
They show up in my invades, so that thread is incorrect or out of date.

HellkiteVaibhav
06-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I have 250 axes. They show up in invade

alnitak
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks. I feel better.

Just a stupid question...in most D&D games, a war axe is a two-handed weapon. Does CA treat all axes as one-handed, just like a sword, and so allows for another item to be used in the off-slot? For invade, using an axe does not prevent you from using armor too, does it?

Recab
06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks. I feel better.

Just a stupid question...in most D&D games, a war axe is a two-handed weapon. Does CA treat all axes as one-handed, just like a sword, and so allows for another item to be used in the off-slot? For invade, using an axe does not prevent you from using armor too, does it?

No sir it does not. It's 1 of each equipment regardless of physics!

peninvade
06-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks. I feel better.

I think my cronuses can handle a 2-handed axe and an offhand weapon- maybe even 5 weapons total. not sure how the Atlas head on its own carries a deathsheild though- maybe it carries deathtouch gauntlet on its tail. Hmmm how else can we overthink this. . . maybe they could add 1 to the equipment, weapons and magic for every general involved. . . after all they need gear too and i don't supposed my lotus general is fighting with a steel plate, assassin blad and mephistopheles orb.
You have defected the sarcasm dragon and received the following loot:
1 foot soldier!
1 tower!

cyranx15
06-15-2010, 04:59 AM
So is it better to buy say 200 of a weapon rather than only 1 of them?

kenixe
06-15-2010, 05:19 AM

It depends on whether it's being used in an invasion??

Azraelswrd
06-15-2010, 05:20 AM

This only matters for invasion. Its a good idea to buy as much as you have army of the best equipment (up to the max army size).

I have an army of 1000 ppl, so my max army is 501. I bought over 200 ornate axes because as a 7/7 it could replace 200 things worse than 7/7 during invasions.

Ahmulag Ra
06-15-2010, 08:22 AM
I bought 400 on the first day of War - worth every penny!

peninvade
06-15-2010, 04:53 PM
the ornate axes are a must-buy. i have 350 of them and sold 200 of my gladiator swords. When i get up to barbarian captains, i will be able to overpower alot of those unsuspecting armies of archangels out there. I'll just look for those barons, earls and princes with zero war rank and i know they have archs with gladiator swords. Pow! My Barbarian with an axe slices right through them!