PDA

View Full Version : Pure PvPeR and MonsteR Hunter

kokamos
06-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi guyz,
My Level is 123

Currently my stats are:

123 Max Energy -- Do more quests
138 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)
640 Attack -- Offensive might
12 Defense -- Defense power
100 Max Health -- Withstand attacks
+566 Army Size -- Take more soldiers into battle

Just wondering how many more attacks do i need to put in to achieve another significant bump in monster hunting? I am thinking of adding defense right after i achieve that to become a more complete pvper.

EpiQC
06-14-2010, 11:15 AM
There's no attack bump. It's linear.

boboqiao
06-14-2010, 11:30 AM
you cant be a successful pure pvper and MH at the same time unless you're a CC player.

Still, if you would wanna try...raise your ATTK to 1k and then start working on stamina while you start climbing your pvp rank in respect to your level (or till the level you're comfortable with). Once you have a decent amount of stamina like 350 or so...you can choose either to be a more effective MH by continuing stamina or Pvper by going ATT/DEF.

Honestly speaking, dont touch Energy/Def first until you resolve your stamina part, in terms of efficiency, adding Energy/Def to your current stats will do little effect as a monster hunter/Pvper as you'll rather not fall into the hybrid side for the next few hundred levels.

Rutherford
06-14-2010, 12:49 PM
you cant be a successful pure pvper and MH at the same time unless you're a CC player.

lol. :rolleyes:

Rheannan
06-14-2010, 12:53 PM

Why would anyone say that? Focussing stats on one part of the game more than others doesn't preclude someone from those other parts of the game.

kokamos
06-14-2010, 12:54 PM
There's no attack bump. It's linear.

Any merits in this?

Honestly speaking, dont touch Energy/Def first until you resolve your stamina part, in terms of efficiency, adding Energy/Def to your current stats will do little effect as a monster hunter/Pvper as you'll rather not fall into the hybrid side for the next few hundred levels.

What stamina should i add until? I have pretty decent stamina i guess atm?

Rutherford
06-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Why would anyone say that? Focussing stats on one part of the game more than others doesn't preclude someone from those other parts of the game.

You're being invited to argue using their definition for "success" and it's not worth doing.

Rheannan
06-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I took that to simply mean 'being active in PvP'.

Deriam
06-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I have 1k attack right now with just a small change since 800 so I say go for that

Chao
06-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I took that to simply mean 'being active in PvP'.

Everyone can be active in PVP. Winning is another matter.

boboqiao
06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Maybe i din't make miself clear on my earlier post. The issue with a good PVP and a successful MH build is rather contradicting. If you're willing to take a loss at one side of the pie, it's really you choice..but since he asked, i'm just hoping to remind OP that it's not possible to be both godly in PVP and still bulldoze monsters after monsters like a true slayer unless yes, you have a good credit balance. Each has its demerits and you'll feel it pretty much often when you're in the 150+ levels ( MH getting beaten up or PVPers not being able to net enough loots from a chain of monsters due to limited stamina capacity)

@ OP

There are two forms of MH builds. One focuses on the heavy stamina (stam=1k), the other is the beastly offensive damage (ATT:1k) coupled with a good stamina rate which can range anywhere as long as you hit your no. of achievements on whichever monsters you want to hunt. I suggested 350 because when based on a 1k ATT...350 stamina can net you a few achievement damage on dragons or some of the world monsters. Ultimately, it's your choice.

If you cant decide, one good way to do is to calculate how much damage you need to hit achievement on a monster u like, do the maths and get your magic no. >.o

Rutherford
06-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Or, you know, you could run a Hybrid. :eek:

boboqiao
06-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Or, you know, you could run a Hybrid. :eek:

well...that's how most of the C.A population will prolly end up...i rather take my chances on LSI stats and be a high level hybrid than a lower level one :3

ImYiOsUs
06-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi guyz, Currently my stats are:

123 Max Energy -- Do more quests
138 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)
640 Attack -- Offensive might
12 Defense -- Defense power
+566 Army Size -- Take more soldiers into battle

Just wondering how many more attacks do i need to put in to achieve another significant bump in monster hunting? I am thinking of adding defense right after i achieve that to become a more complete pvper.

You forgot to put your level along, that's should take into consideration while we giving our 2 cent.

I suggest you get your Energy & Stamina to 200 first, that's make you level faster and if you wish to sacrifice more stats into your LSI, make both of it 300, you can't go wrong with it in the terms of long run.

Attack of 1,000 would be cool and you can forget about defense because glass cannon is perfect for arena & the role of "Rogue" at Bahamut & above monster's fight, because from what I saw when you cripple it's attack base "Attack gears used, show +xxattack instead of defense"

Just my 1 FP

EDIT: You health point are a little bit too low, get the Moon-fall Amulet you will be fine then

kokamos
06-15-2010, 07:31 AM
My level is 123. Nice one there Imyousis.

Hmm.. any other suggestions? Do you think it's good to leave def 0? I am currently EARL. Wanna become High King. It's so tough without hiding.

ImYiOsUs
06-15-2010, 07:44 AM
My level is 123. Nice one there Imyousis.

Hmm.. any other suggestions? Do you think it's good to leave def 0? I am currently EARL. Wanna become High King. It's so tough without hiding.

When you're defending, your defense power = (atk*0.7 + def) Vice versa, increasing defense seems worthless at this point, not before you have enough Energy, Stamina & Attack, they deserve higher priority than defense ATM.

After all those, if you decided to fortify/dispel at monster fight, make it 200 defense (350 for Alpha Bahamut & Azriel)

Pokpokkeh
06-15-2010, 08:11 AM
i would say ...don't try to pray to aurora (for the moonfall amulet)
it doesn't do much to monster hunting and also for PvP you are better off praying to makelus or even the defense guy for 40 days instead.

Ahmulag Ra
06-15-2010, 08:18 AM

I think boboqiao was right about 1 thing:

The OP says 'pure PvPer AND monster hunter' - how does that work? If you are 'pure' you can't be a hybrid.

Clearly, the best build to satisfy the OP is a glass cannon with sufficient stamina. They can do lots of damage to monsters with their obscenely high attack, and can chain high ranking players for their BP's. Of course, it will require abusing the hiding exploit - but given that a significant portion of CA players do this anyway, it's hardly even worth worrying about.

In the last 2 weeks, I haven't seen a single person over General rank that had more than 50 army - it's all but guaranteed that they have all attack builds. Funnily, each and every one of them was 'too weak' when I tried to attack. In the last few days I have had 30+ people attack me, each and everyone was 'too weak' yet looking at their battle stats, many of them had 20k+ wins and less than 1000 losses. Exploiting seems to be the cornerstone of this game and I think the devs are too weakminded to do anything about it.

Rheannan
06-15-2010, 08:49 AM
I think boboqiao was right about 1 thing:

The OP says 'pure PvPer AND monster hunter' - how does that work? If you are 'pure' you can't be a hybrid.

You can't focus everything on more than one part of the game, so I read the title as it is: 'pure PvPer' and 'monster hunter'.

I assume 'pure' anything to be referring to stats, not necessarily gameplay. I have a PvP build but participate in the other areas as well.

In the last 2 weeks, I haven't seen a single person over General rank that had more than 50 army - it's all but guaranteed that they have all attack builds.

I've had the opposite, actually. War has brought everyone out in the open, it seems, and there are many more of the higher ranks on my battle list at the moment. And there are certainly a lot of large armies out there.

notical
06-16-2010, 12:49 AM
I think something the OP might want should be something like:

120 Max Energy -- Do more quests
300 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks! (cost 2)
Infinity Attack -- Offensive might
1 Defense -- Defense power