PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian Captains or Archangels?

peninvade
06-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Right now I Have Valor knights to fill out my 501 Army. I am considering outfitting my army with Barbarian Captains(BCs) instead of archangels. Right now I am not at the level for either but the Lvl 6 War rank seems easier to achieve. In contrast, my battle rank is Lt. General with 24,474 BPs- 8,026 short of the High general rank that makes the Archs available. And I think my BC army will be able to take down an Arch Army. Does this seem like a good idea? Also is it true that there is no overhead cost for the BCs as opposed to the Archs?

BennyC88
06-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Depends on your priorities. Archangels are stronger but do incorperate an upkeep. While Barbarian Capt. doesn't.

You got the money and don't mind the upkeep get the Archangels. If not, head towards the captains.

Owmonger
06-14-2010, 08:39 AM
I would suggest Archangels since they are the best buyable units and you will have to get them eventually. The upkeep isn't really too much unless you are thinking of 501 archangels in which case, it's a few million at the least. Buy the Barbarian Captains only if you have a severe shortage of cash and lack of decent units.

Rutherford
06-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Barbarians are meant to be compared to Valor Knights - which you already have.

Archangels are clearly better, and maybe when they've got more War ranks there will be something to compare them too.

~Stardust~
06-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't say barbarians are supposed to be compared to either archangels or valour knights, they are about half way in-between the two stat wise they are actually closer to the archangels. In the end yes, you would want to end up with archangels. I had the same situation and in the end went for the barbarians.

You should also consider what will make you more of a target too, if you get the barbarians you will be at the highest current war rank, this could attract alot of people to attack you, if you are confident in your generals and equipment this could actually work out well for you in gaining extra exp as other players bounce off you. where as getting the archangels could get you less attention, depending on what level you are.

I also wanted to get the barbarians for the free upkeep, tho i have 250,000,000+ income at the moment, I felt an extra 3,150,000 an hour (450 angels) and the many millions it would take to buy them all made the barbarians slightly more worth while, while i am still finnishing off maxing out my lands and considering buying obsidian gear.

Rutherford
06-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Battle Rank 3 - Elite Soldier - Gladiators Sword (5/4)
War Rank 3 - Corporal - Ornate Axe (7/7)

Battle Rank 6 - First Knight - Valor Knight (22/18)
War Rank 6 - First Captain - Barbarian Captain (23/20)

If you don't see some similarities and differences that invite comparison, then maybe you're missing the game for the stats.

Deriam
06-14-2010, 01:29 PM
barbarians are more or less a waste of money, sure depends a bit on your play style but in my case having 151 arcanist which have indentical stats to the barbarians they dont even sound temting

not increasing arch angels either ^^ (currently 170)

cdonic
06-14-2010, 01:47 PM
If you are not a pvp build you dont have to rush to get either. Its always better to wait awhile (to become less of a target for everyone else), there should be a better unit in the coming War ranks anyway.

~Stardust~
06-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Battle Rank 3 - Elite Soldier - Gladiators Sword (5/4)
War Rank 3 - Corporal - Ornate Axe (7/7)

Battle Rank 6 - First Knight - Valor Knight (22/18)
War Rank 6 - First Captain - Barbarian Captain (23/20)

If you don't see some similarities and differences that invite comparison, then maybe you're missing the game for the stats.

I do understand that they are the equivalent rank reward, but they're stats are more what I was looking at. since when it comes down to it that's what I'm more interested in when picking what soldiers I'd choose. That's why I suggested that its hard to compare them to either of the valour knights or archangels. I didn't mean to cause any argument though.

peninvade
06-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Valor Knights 22/18
barbarian Captian 23/20
archangel 25/20

I agree that the barbarians are halfway- closer to an arch than a valor. I don't have the 151 arcanists that deriam has. this is what i do have:

Genesis, The Earth Elementals x1
Cronus, The World Hydras x10
Blood Zealots x1
Hellslayer Knights x24
Gladiators x1
Hellkite Minions x18
Hydra: Atlass x9
Seraphim Angels x15
Arcanists x42
Angelic Sentinels x18
Hydra: Rheas x8
Hydra: Tethyss x13
Hydra: Epimetheuss x5
Valor Knights x331
Cash banked: $230,178,983,778, land maxed

I think I will go for the archangels, but invest in 150 of the barbarians in the interim. We'lll see if my generals can fend off the warring herds in the top rank slot.

Thanks everyone for your feedback

revdjweb
06-14-2010, 04:17 PM
i would outfit the bottom of your army with half barbarian captains and half archangels just to cut down on the crazy incremental costs. i doubt you'll ever lose a battle because of the difference in strength between the two.

Death of Rats
06-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Something to keep in mind is the general Azriel. If you have her, then it's ArchAngels all the way!

Recab
06-14-2010, 04:58 PM
i would outfit the bottom of your army with half barbarian captains and half archangels just to cut down on the crazy incremental costs. i doubt you'll ever lose a battle because of the difference in strength between the two.

This.

Go half and half for the moment then replace them when you're done purchasing the rest of your gear and maxing out your land.

The difference is so minor I doubt it will be noticed, and you'll save an arm-load of cash.