PDA

View Full Version : Some Monster Battle Guidelines for Success

Exodus1
06-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Ask yourself...
Are you tired of being in unorganized monster battles?
Are you tired of them getting drug out to only a few hours left or failure?
Are you tired of getting into the fight when the Health is so low that your stamina is being wasted on such low attack?

Well it doesnt have to be this way. Some groups are so organized they can down any monster within 10 minutes or less.

Key things for success.

Order of classes entering battle:
(While this role takes place NO ONE should attack)

If the battle has just begun it will be set on Deflection or Cripple. If its set on Cripple then Rogues, if set on Deflection Mages(6-8 lvl 150+ is fine). Next in line are Warriors to Max the Party Health Bar(12-15 lvl 150+ is fine). Third in line are the Clerics fill the health bar to max. Last would be the either Rogues or Mages whom ever didnt start the battle.

Everyone else entering the battle after this point should join in as Cleric and Cleric only. The reason for this is after you unload your stamina spend the one or two clicks to heal just to cover your tracks somewhat. If everyone does this then there will never be a point at which the party health is below 75% health. Meaning for every power attack you do you are getting max damage. People have this really dumb idea that well im going to join as Rogue or Warrior b/c im an attacker and i don't want to invest much energy.... the thing is if your always hitting the monster when the party health is low your not doing any damage at all and making everyone after you suffer weaker attacks, if you dont have much energy only click once or twice after each stamina unload.

If you are the Event Holder assign people these roles. Donot Allow CTA's to be issued until the main role is done. If you want your group to have an advantage at drops over outsiders Donot allow CTA's until a certain time frame to allow members to put good damage in first.

Once CTA's are ok'ed its important for everyone to post/repost them on a 2hr basis if possible. 50% damage done to the Monster is done from Siege Weapons. 50% is half the battle meaning spend a little extra stamina to go out and click on friends battles posting PRTF to your own.

If you have Barbarus or Orc King use them to attack with. The reason for this is that you can do 3-5x attack and dealing 1x the attack to Party Health.

Also something good to remember Never attack when the Green(Party Health) is below the Red(Monster Health) wait for healing.

A swift fight on Alpha Bahamut 1 Hr 20 Min:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fikariton.myweb.hinet.net%2F20 10-6-11-CAC-Alpha%2520Bahamut%2520Quickly%2520Slaye.png&h=eb774

Azraelswrd
06-12-2010, 03:30 AM
My philosophy is to only attack when I have enough health to get a damage bonus. A pity many people do not subscribe to this belief. :)

Exodus1
06-12-2010, 03:37 AM
I try todo the same its the best philosophy, but when its not a group or event monster battle alot of times you will find yourself w/o that option.

kenixe
06-12-2010, 04:32 AM
If only every player knew how it works with Bahamut & Azriel ..
I've seen too many cases of people coming in just to empty their daily stamina, regardless of the health bar ..

MichaelSeth
06-13-2010, 04:28 AM
I wonder whether it's better to have warriors and clerics only.

From what I've seen, it takes about 1/4 of the energy to fill up
the deflect bar that it does to heal up the party after getting blasted.
It's obviously cheaper to fill the deflect bar. However, the cost of
having mages rather than clerics is that those mages do nothing about
75% of the time when the could be healing instead. I'm currently in
an Azriel with lots of clerics. The one cripple has been successful and we're well on our way to failing on our third deflect. However, after we get burned every time the hoard of clerics descend and the green bar is back near 100% very quickly. The Azriel looks as though it will go down in reasonable time.

Cripple is even less important. The heal is what, 1.15 million? If the
status required cripple every time for the whole 168 hours Azriel/
Bahamut would heal about 22 million. Compared to the 600 million
it takes to kill Azriel, that not very much. You would save more
than 22 million by converting the rogues into clerics and having them
keep the green bar at max.

I think that the consequences of failed cripples and deflects need
to be modified somehow, not to make the monsters harder but to
make rogues and mages less redundant.

Barnie
06-13-2010, 04:42 AM
I think that the consequences of failed cripples and deflects need to be modified somehow, not to make the monsters harder but to make rogues and mages less redundant.

Here's a Bahamut healing for 5,575,000 (5x the normal):
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4048/castleageonfacebook1276.jpg

Dunno what gives. Maybe they changed it for the normal Bahamut (after Alpha was released) or that amount is supposed to be for Alpha after all.

Anyways about giving some incentives to Rogues and Mages, I'm plugging my thread: :D
http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=30959

But instead of giving harsher penalties, I'm thinking the opposite: giving more attractive benefits for them.

Azraelswrd
06-13-2010, 04:47 AM
Nope, normal Bahamuts have higher heals from failed cripples (5M) versus the alpha Bahamuts (1.6M). I know, wacky. Deflections are still the same, which is usually more than enough to knock a health bar down to nothing real quick.

Warriors and clerics are all you really need. Warriors early to stretch the green and often for damage and healing. Clerics to keep that green bar up and moderate damage. A rogue and mage along for the ride.

Barnie
06-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Nope, normal Bahamuts have higher heals from failed cripples (5M) versus the alpha Bahamuts (1.6M). I know, wacky.

Perhaps because it's easier to "catch up" on a normal Volcanic Dragon than it would be for a Volcanic King even if the cripple failed? :rolleyes:

I imagine 2 5M Cripple fails on an Alpha or Az will drown the morale of participants causing them to abandon ship.

Exodus1
06-13-2010, 06:27 AM
I agree that they need to fix Rogues and Mages. Which shows for random battles you should always go in as cleric. In an organized battle its still better to have your appointed Rogues and Mages 6-8 for a faster finish.

Azraelswrd
06-13-2010, 07:21 AM
I love going in as a warrior early. Stretch that health bar, do decent atk damage AND the ability to heal? Warriors are the freakin' super hybrids of class battles! :D

Exodus1
06-14-2010, 12:53 AM
I cant wait till i get higher lvl so i can be more effective as War and Cleric :P Your a Super Beast at healz! All that Defense...