PDA

View Full Version : Critical Hits in Monster battles

Amsterdamned
06-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi,

Currently lv69, have so far been progressing without a real strategy, and now (mephistopheles) I'm struggling with the ability to defeat the Monster wthin the timeframe, and I also havent managed a single critical hit yet. I know I need to increase my attack stats to increase damage dealt, but what are the factors that control the frequency of Critical Hits? Any help with this (probably very obvious) problem would be appreciated.

tia
Andy

Kage Cow
06-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Luck I guess. :D I have slayer that boosts critical but he's not much of help.

Clash
06-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Lotus Ravenmoore also boosts critical hits, I've noticed that you get two or three in a row when using her as your general.

x3froggi
06-10-2010, 08:57 AM
10% chance.

Major
06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi,

Currently lv69, have so far been progressing without a real strategy, and now (mephistopheles) I'm struggling with the ability to defeat the Monster wthin the timeframe, and I also havent managed a single critical hit yet. I know I need to increase my attack stats to increase damage dealt, but what are the factors that control the frequency of Critical Hits? Any help with this (probably very obvious) problem would be appreciated.

tia
Andy

Buy Barbarus, level it, level stamina to 100 (preferably, do it praying to Azeron). Then learn how to customise PA.

Last week i was doing 190k criticals, now im doing 1.5 million criticals. Only change since last week is Barbarus and customised PA.

staryknight
06-10-2010, 02:26 PM
im a bit of a noob, but what is customized PA?

MichaelSeth
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I've been wondering about critical hits myself. The number bandied about
is 10%. Is this stated anywhere in the game? I've started collecting data
on frequency of criticals but it's going to take me a long time before I
have anything statistically meaningful. From what I've seen, your chance
of a critical hit varies from monster to monster. Hydras seem to give a
good chance of a critical but Keira, Mephy and Lotus appear to give
to have a lower chance. Slayer does seem to make a difference but
I can't say that with confidence yet.

Foehammer
06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
im a bit of a noob, but what is customized PA?

There's a website that will allow you to generate higher power attacks buttons for monsters, even if they aren't normally available to you. All of the coding is in the game, but they provide a gateway to it. Its kind of like how you can still buy past oracle purchases, even if they aren't displayed in game, by clicking on a old link that somebody saved.

I was at the website a few days ago. Can't remember where it was. Somebody else got the link?

Foehammer
06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Of course, if youre stamina's low, having a higher power attack is pointless.

Azraelswrd
06-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't need a website or some third party to customize the PA. Just do the highest PA available. Copy the link from the results page. Paste into the address bar. Add 2 to the key code.

Ex. Doing a PA of 20 with Genesis, the key=7. The next higher PA is 50 so I add 2 to 7 = 9

Hit ENTER with the modified address. Boom -- now I just did a 50 stam PA. Works the same way with energy actions too. Just add 2.

Foehammer
06-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't need a website or some third party to customize the PA. Just do the highest PA available. Copy the link from the results page. Paste into the address bar. Add 2 to the key code.

Ex. Doing a PA of 20 with Genesis, the key=7. The next higher PA is 50 so I add 2 to 7 = 9

Hit ENTER with the modified address. Boom -- now I just did a 50 stam PA. Works the same way with energy actions too. Just add 2.

Well, that almost completely eliminates the need for Orc King and Barbarus, doesn't it?

LMAO!

peninvade
06-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi,

tia
Andy

Back when the only power attacks you could do were 5-stam, I had lotus, and about 200 stamina. When i did a full stamina volley, there would be times where i would hit 5 criticals, but a few times i hit none. I've also used ophelia and hit a string of criticals and she doesn't have a bonus. As far as i can tell it is very random and luck will either excite or disappoint. lotus seems to hit criticals a little more frequently and more of the 3X instead of 2X, but it is hard to notice.

isaluteyou
06-10-2010, 06:47 PM
4 crits in a row. Leon hits plenty good. I have hit more crits with him than any other general thus far. Could just be luck though.

13 seconds ago:
%%% landed a CRITICAL HIT on Genesis, The Earth Elemental hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[123366]! Genesis, The Earth Elemental dealt 0 damage. Dominic helped Aryn by blocking Genesis, The Earth Elemental's attack.

The ground shakes from the Earth Elemental's roots penetrating your city's defenses, making you deal less damage.
25 seconds ago:
%%% landed a CRITICAL HIT on Genesis, The Earth Elemental hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[123117]! Genesis, The Earth Elemental dealt 2 damage.

The ground shakes from the Earth Elemental's roots penetrating your city's defenses, making you deal less damage.
33 seconds ago:
%%% landed a CRITICAL HIT on Genesis, The Earth Elemental hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[82127]! Genesis, The Earth Elemental dealt 1 damage.

42 seconds ago:
%%% landed a CRITICAL HIT on Genesis, The Earth Elemental hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[82295]! Genesis, The Earth Elemental dealt 3 damage.

Azraelswrd
06-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Well, that almost completely eliminates the need for Orc King and Barbarus, doesn't it?

LMAO!

Nah, it makes them awesomer (if you had that much stamina/energy). :)

I prefer to stick with 20 stamina/50 energy buttons because I don't have that much stamina and more clicking means I have more chances for crits.

Castleage Fascination
06-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Nah, it makes them awesomer (if you had that much stamina/energy). :)

I prefer to stick with 20 stamina/50 energy buttons because I don't have that much stamina and more clicking means I have more chances for crits.
I've noticed more critical hits with lower stamina attacks as well, and I'm using Slayer. The problem is that it reduces the castle defense, increases mana shield, for more damage per stamina used so more energy has to be used to keep defenses strong.