PDA

View Full Version : How does the master and apprientice works?

xiaoshadow
06-10-2010, 06:30 AM
i just want to know how does this system works...=D

Azraelswrd
06-10-2010, 06:43 AM
http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Master_and_Apprentice

Ahmulag Ra
06-10-2010, 07:41 AM
By far the most important thing you can do is ensure that your apprentices are actually going to be active players.

Most of us ended up with 1, 2 or even 3 apprentices who have never done anything and thereby stopped us getting any benefit from them. The devs don't seem interested in implementing a way to deal with this, presumably from fear of exploitation.

I have 2 level 9 apprentices... they were 9 when they joined and I have no idea why they accepted.

Fortunately, the 3rd apprentice is my little brother who I could bully into getting at least level 50 so I could get Darius! :)

Azraelswrd
06-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Fear of exploitation? You only have to look at the recent history and it's not surprising. There is always going to be someone trying to game, bypass, or bend the system to their advantage. Abuse would be too easy with revolving door alts and the ability to remove apprentices.

xiaoshadow
06-10-2010, 08:24 AM
thank you so much =D

integrityseeks
06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Fear of exploitation? You only have to look at the recent history and it's not surprising. There is always going to be someone trying to game, bypass, or bend the system to their advantage. Abuse would be too easy with revolving door alts and the ability to remove apprentices.

Wonder how many people are already abusing the hell out the Apprentice Fiasco with multiple accounts. Wouldn't be surprised if all the DEVs have 1 Master & 3 Apprentice accounts. Who is going to check them? Even if found out, they would just say they needed a way to check for software Bugs.

The easiest way to police the Apprentice Fiasco and be fair is to take away ALL Apprentice earned awards and discontinue any further rewards! This will greatly diminish the reason to possess multiple accounts !

PS: I have 2 Apprentices. Neither increased even 1 level to my knowledge ! One told me he joined my apprenticeship by accident, & he is still a level 1.

:)

Ahmulag Ra
06-10-2010, 07:12 PM

:D

I didnt say it was unwarranted fear, but there's fear that inspires and fear that paralyzes - CA devs appear to be paralyzed by this, because it is utterly pointless to have a feature that is so thoroughly wasted. All they need to do is work out a way to limit exploitation... it's not like they give a monkeys about most of the exploits in this game! ;)